Why did Ichigo suddenly start losing randomly when they were in Byakuya's bankai?

Why did Ichigo suddenly start losing randomly when they were in Byakuya's bankai?

he wasnt as strong as byakuya. even after all the training he did, he was no match. when his hollow side took over for him and won the fight for him, he even felt like he cheated.

I still never understood what the advantage to his sword prison was.

It forced him to use one sword, rather then a giant wave of razor blades.

Ichigo just got bankai, he hadn't trained to use it for extended periods of time compared to Byakuya who's had bankai for presumably a long time.

Also Ichigo was a dumbass and didn't cut Byakuya's throat at the first chance. Instead he whittled down his endurance until his hollow took over.

>I still never understood what the advantage to his sword prison was.
rule of cool

also controlling senbonzakua was too slow and clunky for speed demon Ichigo.

Same. Apparently they were way sharper or some stupid shit
final arc seems he can just launch them though after his little power up at the Soul Palace that amounts to nothing

>also controlling senbonzakura

In wave form I mean. He could double the speed when using his hands but it was still too slow for bankai Ichigo

>Ichigo just got bankai, he hadn't trained to use it for extended periods of time
that was never a problem with his bankai. He fights like one more time in shikai for the next four hundred chapters or so. Its reitsu was grinding his bones though and then it didn't and was never readdressed nor was he considered particularly fast again till he fought the Jailer Jew Quincy otherwise everyone maintains roughly the same level of speed

did kubo just hate sado or something ? he didn't even give him a good fight in the end

The better question is why Byakuya didn't use the his bankai's collapsing sphere attack every time he got the opportunity.

pride
also he couldn't do that until the last arc for some arbitrary reason
he even says
>don't worry they won't all fall on you

>why did the nip make the gaijin character the most useless?

Gee, I wonder.

to be fair neither did Uryu
He even had to fight that aggravating Myuri Espada expy with his bullshit reitsu scanning

the series starts really going off the rails after SS. It's just better not to ask.

It's like when we're first introduced to the arrancars and their speed from sonido seems OP, but then the shinigami are faster but somehow Ichigo's bankai is too slow for Grimmjow.

Kubo was just phoning it in. There's no further reason for deeper analysis.

Arrancar as a whole were basically a waste of time. They accomplished literally nothing. They didn't even take down a lieutenant Some neat designs and characters though

He can shoot them all at the same time. He decided not to because Ichigo was not worthy of it.

You can see him shooting multiples when he fought against renji

It was also the same principle as Ichigo's bankai, right? The swords were more powerful because they were condensed petals and stuff. At least I thought.

Stop making me want to reread Soul Society.

not like it'd take long
it ends at like 170

So his bankai is essentially UBW?

no it just makes uber sharp katanas made of petals
thats it, no other really noteworthy effects then gets a kinda beamspam thing when they all converge

>randomly

There was nothing random about it.

Aizen talked about Hollowfication shortly after this scene, so Ichigo's Hollow powers had to manifest in order to make the reader speculate.

agreed

There was a lot of really dumb stuff after SS arc but the one that gets me the most was that Kubo spent basically a year on FKT. It felt like dozens of fights against no name arrancar then they all die, only for Aizen to just sweep the floor with the shinigami.

It was such a giant waste of time. He could have just murdered all the shinigami from the start as his hypnosis ability was so fucking broken.

So who was the first person? Himself?

>to be fair neither did Uryu
Uryu had the fight against pretty boy, and shot the arrow at the end. Orihime had the tagteam, and fixed his sword. Renji and Rukia had their respective fights where they revealed their bankais.

Ichigo was a nooblet at bankai.
So he got slower as the fight progressed.

Guess he never got his speed back since everyone and their grandma can keep up with his bankai now anyway.

his body started to give way. Also why does nobody talk about how byakuya threw the fight? 'lol my sword is broke honestly'

Aizen was waiting for the Hogyoku to do its thing. Might as well sit back and watch how his creations matchup against the captains.

It's explained when he fights his hollow. Ichigo's own reiatsu was too strong to the point it was crushing his bones

Ichigo is blindingly fast throughout the manga. The only ones who keep up with him are the speed demons like Yoruichi and the royal guard and the hybrids like Grimmjow and Ulquiorra.

>He decided not to because Ichigo was not worthy of it.

But that's really the whole thing. He shouldn't be loosing if he's not getting shot at.

Ichigo is by far the fastest fighter in the entire manga in the last arc. But speed becomes irrelevant either way

Tension.
>oh my god he's going to lose
>O MY INNER HOLLOW

>Initial Bankai transformation had special effects and lightning and shit
>it never happens again

>It forced him to use one sword
No it didn't.
He even told Ichigo at that point he'd lost because he could iron maiden him at any time he wanted.
He just continued the fight without doing it because muh pride

It stopped being a problem because he got the shinigami badge immediately afterwards to manage his reiatsu.
In turn it gimped him so horribly that apparently SS arc Ichigo was at least stronger than Ulquiorra.

>wanting to reread shit society

Chad won literally one fight in the whole series, and it was against a fodder arrancar.

Renji a few chapters earlier.

>useless

He made the most money at the end of the manga.

>truly we were Chads all along

Renji got torn to shreds by just activation of his bankai.

DO YOU REMEMBER

Rukia makes more money and technically Uryuu is a king.

this part was so fucking cool. kubo never surprised us like this arc ever again

YOU BETTA
FO
GET
EH
VREE
THING

REMEMBAH YOUUUR DIFFERENT LIIIIFE!

YOU BETTA
FO
GET
EH
VREE
THING

REMEMBAH

nah he didn't do the globe thing just a few swords

We never know.

>Fought that first hollow he met to a draw without being able to see it
>One shooted that hollow when he got his powers
>Beat that third seat before he was done explaining his powers
>Lost to Shunsui

After this point everything goes to shit and he exists only for jobbing. He beat two fodder arrancars during the Hueco Mundo invasion and that was it. Poor Chad.

Privarron Espada weren't exactly jobbers though.

Chad is like the party member who caps too early but still works well in the support role.

Did you even paid attention to what hollow ichigo is saying? Ichigo bones was crushed by his bankai reiatsu.

Senbonzakura explosive power got stronger when he uses senkei.

Fullbring bankai ichigo got his speed back when he was fighting against Quilge.

I miss Hollow Ichigo

This, he blitzed the former Espada and the quincy after Quilge he one shots

He didn't have enough training with it and his bones were literally cracking from the pressure. Also friendly reminder that Bleach ended at the SS arc.

>Also Ichigo was a dumbass and didn't cut Byakuya's throat at the first chance.
He didn't want to kill Byakuya. He didn't want to kill anyone. If he killed Byakuya it'd make Rukia sad. He wanted to beat Byakuya and make him apologize to Rukia. He can't do that if he's killed.

>Also why does nobody talk about how byakuya threw the fight? 'lol my sword is broke honestly'

His sword was genuinely trashed, that's why he couldn't block Gin and got stabbed real bad later.

He probably could have beaten Ichigo without his sword at that point, though.

So we can all blame Shunsui for permanently crippling Chad right?

>moralfaggotry
not even once

>hurr why isn't Ichigo edgy like my favorite shounen protag Sasuke Uchiha

>not wanting to kill people who want you dead makes you edgy now even though that's a basic survival instinct

If you'd have actually read the manga then you'd know why you look like a complete retard right now.

>Also friendly reminder that Bleach ended at the SS arc.
No thanks.

So what you're saying is that Byakuya didn't intend to kill Ichigo there?

No, I'm saying that if you actually read the manga you'd know why you look like a complete retard right now.

Do I need to say it again?

Cute

>womanlets, when will they learn?

Shame Kubo hasn't drawn any new art of them. They're the cutest kids to come out of SJ, especially Kazui.

>especially Kazu
Such a shame he'll grow up to become an eldritxh horror with eyeballs sprouting all over his body and black goo leaking out of all his orifices.

Nice headcanon.

The arrancar part worked until Orihime got kidnapped, then it was just a string of scenes that didn't really work together or lead to anything, until suddenly it was the final battle I guess and everyone is pulling powerups from their asses. At least the Fullbring arc was coherent even if the ending was bit of a cop-out.

Arrancar arc would have been better if Kubo didn't throw the Orihime/Hogyoku plot away. Rukia was already a completely useless hostage in her own arc, we didn't need the same thing with Orihime. To be fair though, Orihime did manage to use her abilities to heal and shield at times.

No it didn't you dumb ass. You are just ignoring the good that the Arrancar arc and 1000 Year Blood war were in the story.

No it worked for the most part. It was after Grimmjow and his defeat that the quality dropped in the FKT war.

1000 Year Blood War did a better job telling the story and was quite entertaining.

Stop this shitty headcanon and accept that is not what is even going to happen. Kubo has no interest in making a Bleach 2 and thus none of your stupid "the shinigami are evil" or "Kazui will become the next Juha Bach" nonsense will ever happen.

So hotheaded.