Claims to be red-pilled

>claims to be red-pilled
>claims to be against the left
>doesn't use GNU/Linux
Explain yourselves.

Attached: 1515153638045.png (512x512, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/9307
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not politics

Mandatory Access Control was written by the NSA and is now in the Linux Core.
Even Torvald, who can't SAY it has a back door for the government under Government threat, could at least shake his head affirmative that it is there.

It seems too complex

But if you weren't a leaf ...

While I support the idea of free OS systems, I still rely on non-free software that doesn't run on the GNU/Linux systems.

1. you're misquoting that
2. you're perfectly free to compile your own kernel without MAC or SEL.

>claims to be red pilled by not using windows
>fails to see BSD is the true path to enlightenment

open source software is easily infiltrated by intelligence agencies. they implant backdoors. many such cases.

refer to TrueCrypt saga if you want an example.

not saying commercial OS's are safer btw.

in all cases you're on your own to plug the holes.

Attached: tard pepe brainchad 1521638879502.png (659x525, 164K)

Microshit has literally spent millions to
ensure they are the number one company
in control of software, when something is
part of an open community, and anyone can
"contribute", it is no wonder software
development can get subverted,
and driver support is STILL an issue.

Like what?
I bet you there's an alternative or whatever you use will run ootb on wine.
>inb4 muh photoshit
gimp is just as good unless you're being paid 6 figures for your photo editing. It just has a different interface which is why it seems more limited
>code of conduct on the biggest and most important one
>randy fucking harper
>freebsd lost like 90% of their devs because of leftist bullshit
openbsd is good for fileservers and such, but it doesn't even have fucking TRIM support or virtualization in 2018.
except it isn't because you can audit the code and use something like hardened gentoo.
Also linux is literally the only OS with proper full disk encryption at this point. Nothing can compare to dmcrypt + LUKS

Attached: 1508008471112.jpg (1000x800, 110K)

Temple OS or you are a cuck

because i tried to download something one time and you like can't download things like you do on windows you have to do this sudo wudo shit

Pic related

Attached: linux_commie.jpg (434x700, 95K)

i would never claim to be "redpilled" just like any of the other faggot words that gets thrown around here including "based"

Not working with AAA games

linux isn't a good interface for newfags though

>and driver support is STILL an issue.
nigger you what?
Literally any peripheral you have will be plug and play on modern linux. I plugged in a fucking dualshock 4 the other day and it just werked.
the ONLY things with "issues" these days are novidya cards, but if you're a true Sup Forumstard you're on AMD for both cpu and GPU.
package managers are easier and more secure than download random shit off of fucking softpedia or wherever windows cucks get their shit.

I prefer being able to play any vidya I want

xfce is basically the windows 2k interface, KDE is basically the windows 7 interface
look up your games on winedb stupid pastaman, i bet you they work

All this
>muh vidya

Tsk tsk you enslaved drones

>cooperation
>communism
>flag

Like pottery.

Attached: 1496979245708.png (1015x1527, 422K)

Since you posted this in Sup Forums
>impying linux isn't the most left wing operating system
>free, just like what leftists and commie want
>open source, just like how they want their borders. Open.
>nobody gets paid for the work they do. It's basically a gulag.
I also hope you didn't come here expecting serious conversation about something not politics related. You probably got flamed out of other boards for being a massive FAGGOT.

Attached: 1501210425961.jpg (500x375, 39K)

>except it isn't because you can audit the code and use something like hardened gentoo
thus my statement:
>in all cases you're on your own to plug the holes

i agree with you there.
statement applies to encryption too.

But OP I'm already on the best OS out there

Attached: 2018-03-13-101742_1920x1080_scrot-1.png (1920x1080, 282K)

O do agree many of the interfaces suck. Kde is alright but one button or setting goes wrong and you’re fucked. Very powerful but very complicated.

Xfce is alright, gnome is too much of a tablet interface for my liking, MATE is a meme using outdated gnome, cinnamon looks alright but it’s just the windows experience translated to a Linux machine. Mint kisses me off with how it doesn’t handle security as well as it should and fucks with the GUI for updating meaning normies text me “hey what is level5 red update mean?” Ughh so stupid.

Point is I think all of them are flawed in some way but xfce is the devil I know and I’ll stick with it.

What is the kernel written in? C? Where is the source for it?

>not using TempleOS on every single device you own
Its like you nerds want to be bullied by CIA niggers.

Attached: 5627c7749a3e1e05f09686339d5655e4b2b26fb0df54b42c060fff60717c9a13.jpg (1334x1001, 141K)

>expect a company to actually care about your best interests
you either live a free man or you die a corporate cuck

w-where's you lewd anime wallpaper?

>newfag who doesn't understand some parts of NSA are whitehat
Feel free to disable selinux though

kernel.org

Any source is open source when you're a pirate. So I use both.

post background

it actually isn't you mouth breathing mongoloid

>>nigga you what
Last tried Linux for a daily OS many moons ago
I can see it may have finally got better!
AMD all the way now, yeah I had Intel
issues in the past.

>>Package managers
Cannot some packages
be subverted, at the source?

Isn't systemD a bad thing?
Just asking because I don't know..

>not TempleOS

just because you can get proprietary software for free does not make it open source.

No they can't.
most distros have very stringent packaging requirements, and you actually need to apply to be a maintainer
systemd is bloated yes, but it's not a botnet. if it ever becomes one there are dozens of init replacements ready to be dropped in, and linus wouldn't let pottering live it down.

There is literally nothing wrong with systemD

Attached: 1401240771707.jpg (720x720, 171K)

>2. you're perfectly free to compile your own kernel without MAC or SEL.
>without MAC
>MAC
>mandatory
The absolute state of anti-IP technologists

Attached: 1521671547517.png (625x773, 111K)

Problem is when government does that legally like in UK or USA.

go suck drumpf's semen you fucking mutt.

>not being smart enough to audit code
lol

Linux is actually the best example of free market that ever existed, you create apps, install, use, hack, do whatever you want. Microsoft anti-virus will go off in Windows 10 when you are using programs not related to Microsoft companies.

So, are you telling me my options
are limited and that ARM is the future?

Shekels can only be dispersed
between so many options.

I feel like the real "oy vey" comes from single board computer market, slowly becoming viable.

I appreciate the rundown
thanks user

and soon you won't be able to install .exes outside of the microshit store
meanwhile on linux you can run like 20 year old source code with a simple make command.
>ARM
more backdoors than your mutt mother.
what you need is a TALOS II machine

This leaf is right, we should be using closed source operating systems that report all our activity to the government so we can be punished for our wrong think.

But I do OP

Attached: neofetch-2018-03-14-08-08-33-24646.png (1366x768, 1.09M)

proud of u user

The main difference between Linux and Microsoft is that Microsoft guards actively against threats, while Linux doesn't. Of course a big question is why does Microsoft need to do all this. Microsoft Windows is built differently. Recently they will also store your program data on their cloud. So Microsoft does all this for you, but what happens when you want to turn that off? You can't turn some things off. Linux of course to be loyal to Linux should always allow everything to be turned off or removed easily.

Who cares? the ultimate redpill is to learn to live without a fucking computer and having a normal life

>IdeaPad
Come on if you're gonna buy from the chinks, at least get a proper ThinkPad. Money isn't an excuse, you can find a cheap T410 anywhere.

Attached: 1521656035907.png (417x405, 149K)

Xfce is GOAT, but hasn't been updated since 2015 and is probably dead.

I imagine I'll use KDE eventually, unless something changes.

I was considering i3, but I'm not autistic.

Still not politics

Technology is an abomination for the most part. The less involved I can be with my technology the better.

>Microsoft is that Microsoft guards actively against threats, while Linux doesn't.

Attached: 1521669328521.png (394x450, 17K)

>>more backdoors than your mutt mother.
I assure you my mum is a pure breed ;)
But thank you for the cheeky reference
and insight, figures they are compromised.

>>what you need is a TALOS II machine
Looks spiffy, and a IBM PowerPC CPU
interesting! But I'm content with 1 Gb of ram
and 700 MHz CPU, lol I'm "old" but my software isn't too demanding!
If I had plenty to spend, that system looks sweet.

Use budgie.

fuck off kevin

i3 is great once you configure it and learn the interface
Especially if you do programming, managing a lot of windows in a floating WM is shit

I have a ThinkPad too with Debian stable, it's just not as comfy.

Not saying Linux doesn't has protection, but Microsoft obviously needs more active protection, involved more into reporting to Microsoft and analyzing your behavior being in accordance with Microsoft standards. Does new IE even allow custom upgrades or it just says: "that's not our Microsoft plugin, it's an threat".

>Microsoft guards actively against threats, while Linux doesn't.
Maybe if you're logged in as root at all times like a dumbass.

Is brave browser redpilled?

Attached: brave_icon_shadow_300px.png (300x300, 38K)

You can use AppArmor instead of selinux, then you have MAC, but without anything written by the NSA.

There is nothing stopping you from just disabling their kernel module (or using a distro that doesn't use it in the first place).

You don't understand what i am talking about.

>I was considering i3, but I'm not autistic.
a bit rude desu. i3 is actually pretty comfy

Attached: 49399798e9cd23b0295ec2b042eac59ef721c8a7eff96beaf77b84b59f810cc7.jpg (600x800, 59K)

>redpilled
>hiding ones power level

No different from nonopen source then, in either case you are trusting a third party.
Except with open source it isn't a mysterious black box and you are given the opportunity to check the code yourself instead of trusting a corporate overlord and the government.

>164942105
~sent from my iPad~

Not really, but it's faster than Chrome/Chromium.

I don't want to get satsi'd by the Zucc

Stasi'd

Microsoft will basically tell you, this is good for you, so you suppose to trust them. Microsoft is build for people not needing to understand things to use everything. In Linux you need to know some things to understand everything. Windows is more user friendly, but Linux is also user friendly with basic things. Microsoft is your happy robot all the way, everywhere, a trusty good boy.
>picture related is how you can best describe Microsoft

Attached: 576aa504-4a15-4db0-92f9-349222d2a93b.png (530x490, 245K)

They are missing some options, like their NoScript implementation could be better
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/9307
But i am still using it and i think that it's pretty nice.