Juuni Taisen

Episode 8 thread

Ah yes, time for the weekly dose of "everyone gets shit on by the rabbit".

It's not their fault he's too clever.

He will die, just be patient.

Doesn't explain how he got a black sclera or red pupils.

I bet his life story will be brushed to the side with another shitty story,

You have 12 warriors going at it as your main premise...at least make the fucking background stories interesting and filled with some goddamn substance.

I hope the fight with rabbit gets adapted well. Poor animation would really hinder it.

Can't wait to see more Tiger, Ox better look after her after she went through with his plan

>I bet his life story will be brushed to the side with another shitty story,

LN didnt detail Rabbits past at all.

Ima be pissed if the anime skips it too.

this episode was nothing but filler then when they adapted 2 pages of the LN in the last minute it was poorly directed and animated

i prefer no past, he is like a slasher/monster villian so he doesn't need one

director will probably give him some edgy as fuck backstory or one that appeals sympathy

it's going to be awful in the anime since the animation is bad and they are reluctant to show any real gore, his final form is going to be a giant blob of blackness or be too cartoony

I expect it to be great in the manga though

>[HorribleSubs] Juuni Taisen - 08 [720p].mkv

nothing happens the episode

But what about my OTP?

Really feeling that QUALITY.

Did they kill all the girls?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You can call me Ishmael.

Can I?

why do i still watch this shit

Skip leg day at your own peril.

I was thinking the same thing.

So... who's still in denial and still ready to defend how good this show is?

>in court
>other people do bad things, so you can't blame me
>it works
BRAVO NISIO

It's not a criminal court. It's more of a 'revoking mercenary license' one.

Rat is best boy, right?

Tiger taking her clothes off was the only good part.

I only watch it for rabbit to be honest.

It's another boring flashback episode

nisio didn't write the flashbacks

It's not criminal court. It's a hearing where old men complain about getting butthurt when snake and dragon did technically nothing wrong.

Still a nonsense defense, though I guess we never hear what the court decides.

Why didn't you tell me to skip to the end before I watched it?

>Two full episodes used on these guys
>One is already dead and the other is going to job hardcore next week
Truly a deconstruction of the battle royale genre. I'm literally shaking with anticipation.

I'm surprised you guys still watch this shit. Expecting some miracle to happen before it ends?

I think all of us are just watching it to shitpost about Nisio at this point.

>Nonsense defense
They literally do exactly what they are created, trained, and paid to do. If the world didn't want shitty zodiac warriors then they shouldn't be demanding to have zodiac warriors.

>we scheme every time to fuck over our clients
>we fuck over innocent people for fun
>but we didn't technically break the specific wording of our contracts so it's cool
The whole things is stupid.
Only retards would hire these chucklefucks. The reason they gave for hiring them was "they don't trust each other", which would apply to every other mercenary pair that aren't brothers. This show is fucking stupid.

I'm enjoying it though but I skip the filler. The flashbacks are so boring.

You'd be surprised how many people legit enjoys watching it and think its a really damn good show.

>flashbacks take 20 minutes
>fights take 20 milliseconds

Can any novelfags in the thread lay out exactly what has and hasn't been Nisio in the show so far? I can't tell who to get mad at.

> Fucking clients
The underworld is shitty. They're shitty. No one cares as long as they get results.

> fuck over innocents
They are no worse than the world that firebombs innocents in their wake. They just line up the dominoes for other evil men to knock down.

> Not violating contracts
That literally is the only important issue. If they are upholding their contracts then they'll find new jobs. It isn't their fault if both sides happen to be retards who decided to hire the nuclear option.

>No one cares as long as they get results.
They killed their fucking clients for money. Results my gaping asshole.
Nobody would hire them. It's not about contractual technicalities, it's about common sense.

>Hey these two guys are great. but there's a good chance they'll kill you and take your money.
>I'll hire the chicken girl instead.
>O-oh...

>kill the best character is the first episode
>show becomes shit

I want to rape Tiger's shoulder blades.

Really the only thing this show has going for it.

It's a very loose adaption. All he flashbacks are anime original filler and they constantly add new dialogue and change how battles play out slightly.

Boar was too good for the show

> Kill their clients
But they didn't. One side got hired and killed his target. The other side got hired and killed the other target. It's murky ethical waters but they did exactly what they were supposed to do.

The animation was shit, the trial was retarded, and these guys' actions make no sense, but I somehow got suckered into thinking they're a pretty cute team.

If all the flashbacks weren't in the LN, then what happens for most of the LN? Most of the fights are over practically instantly.

They teamed up to kill their fucking clients and take their money.
>b-but technically
This is an example of writing trying to be smart but it's just retarded when you use common sense.

So subversive.

> Common sense
Common sense is don't play in a business where you have to kill your business partner. Criminal fags reaped what they sown.

Well no, that's not how it works because they were working together with somebody from the other side. There job is to also protect their client which they obviously didn't do because they were helping the other brother kill their client.

It comes into play when you hire a killer.
You don't hire the guys who are known to bend the rules and fuck you over. You want a mindless and effective weapon.

But that's exactly what the hearing was about. Their defense was "cry more noob if you don't like the player then don't play the game"

Woah dude, it's like society maaan.

The trial is dumb because nobody in their right mind would hire them anyway.

Provided you can afford the fees, why would anyone hire these two fucks over someone like Ox?

There aren't anyone in their right mind in this series.

Flying is OP.
If he was smart enough to fake swallowing the gem, he could win easily.

Those legs look like chicken wings that you can buy from the supermarket.

I appreciate the brotherly banter, but that episode wasn't what I wanted.

>special ability is dual wielding heavy machine guns
>Best character
Her arrogance got her killed

A PKM is not an HMG.

How did the brothers know that the guy was going to run and hide in the safe?

> dual wielding guns
She was literally trained to keep both hands free. Going against her training was a rookie mistake. Even Tiger knows that she works best when obliterated.

>four deaths left
>four episodes
We'll probably have two more boring flashback episodes.

to be fair, most characters died because of arrogance

>fucking nothing happened
Do these guys seriously need two whole episodes? They're not even interesting characters.

she was the only one with a good backstory and an entertaining personnality, she also had the coolest weapons out of all of them

Was the LN pacing like this too? 3 characters dying in one episode, followed by 2 episodes of really long flashbacks about the brothers

Fucker should have waited it out. Then again, he is on a timer after swallowing the poison. I guess if he were to act, he'd have the best chances with his brother's corpse and whatever "teamwork" they could manage. Doesn't help that the corpse lost its arms and doesn't have its head either.

> coolest weapon
She could have used a CQC shotgun or smg and been twice as effective. Heavy weapons were the dumbest fucking weapon choice ever because the only advantage of carrying a big box of bullets is AMMO.

nope

cool != practical

No, it was pretty consistently one dude dying per chapter until near the end.

>fake swallowing
How would that help him? It's the same situation as with Dotsuku and the old Sheep - you have to retrieve the gems before they are digested.

Fake swallowing is for losers without the confidence or skill to push forward and just like win, yo.

Did the mangafag write all of this extended filler? None of it was in the LN at all. The only background story the LN actually included in the narrative was Tiger's.

Never underestimate fujo money user

her special ability was she doesn't run out of ammo

Wrong

I thought it was to pretend to be out of ammo so melee faggots will attack her head on and she ends them.

You thought wrong.

>another episode without any deaths
I thought this was supposed to follow a formula.

So she has magic guns that never run out of ammo but also sometimes pretends her guns are jammed?

Yes. Do you usually not pay attention to the anime you watch, or is it just this one?

>we fuck over innocent people for fun
Giving money to people isn't a bad thing and it's not like they're doing it with the intention of causing bad things to happen to the recipients. That's just how things wind up because people who win the lottery turn into idiots.

She looked better with the jacket.

Fuck off faggot she literally spelled out her plan to kill rabbit off with her shitty power

check the pixiv tag for Juuni Taisen, they're pretty much tied with Rabbit for most pics

She spelled out her plan that she would fire at him and then pretend to be out of ammo to get him to attack her head on and then fire with the ammo she had thanks to her power, not that her power was pretending to be out of ammo. You fuck off.

> Boar's power is pretending to be retarded
> Dies because she's actually retarded
pottery.

Is Zodiac Wars this seasons Princess Principal?
I see lots of anons struggling to keep up with the plot each thread

No, that's Two Car.

No.

the manga is more faithful.

I dunno, I liked the episode. It's like a self-contained Nisio Isin short story, with a well structured narrative with a tedious to derive but well thought out moral in the end, which is typical Isin.

For /u/. It's been wholly mediocre rather than showing considerable promise like Princess Principal did. The sidecar racing might as well take a back seat or not exist altogether in the face of lesbian drama.

I wanted high octane and dangerous sidecar racing, damn it. They even had the gall to banter about how dangerous it is, then go on to ignore the safety precautions, spin out multiple times and still none of these people have significant injuries. At this point, the only way to make the show entertaining outside of yuri subtext is to have a character get into a serious crash and not come out unscathed. The the character arcs are too predictable and played straight otherwise.