Jaden Yuki is a good YuGiOh! MC

I don't understand why so many people dislike him, he's such a cool dude, Yugi gave him the Winged Kuriboh card because he knew his potential. The GX series was perfect with him, everything about him was perfect: the care-free attitude, always happy, calm and collected and duelist 24/7 attitude

He posseses the power of the Gentle Darkness, he's a reincarnation of a murderous, dark King. He essentially is a God of Duel Monsters, his powers allow him to control ANY duel monster and speak with them. He posseses the powers of not only the GD but the Supreme King & Yubel too

He whooped the sacred beasts TWICE, first with his duel with Kagemaru, 2nd was against Yubel.
Not only that but he also demolished the strongest of all egyptian god cards: Ra

Could someone give me a valid argument as to why he's bad? I just never understood why he gets so much shit. ( There's so much more to say about Jaden ).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svMoIZYwVU4
youtube.com/watch?v=mXg0komAlMc
youtube.com/watch?v=ebU7DA4GVW8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

His dub voice.

I'm most of the way through Society of Light and I absolutely love him. He's the best.

People really give Jaden way too much shit. About the only Mary Sue shit he ever does is invent fusions on the spot, and even then, that's not nearly as bad as some of the other protags. The main reason people seem to not like him is that he turns edgy, but that's kinda the point of his character and what that duel with Yugi was about to begin with.

The English dub is unironically the pinnacle of dubs and will never be topped. I don't know how 4kids got away with Dr. Crowler calling a black man an oversized orangutan. Seriously it is perfect.

>About the only Mary Sue shit he ever does is invent fusions on the spot
Oh come on. His entire deck is build around fusions
Some faggot comes with horus 8 and royal decree and he pulls spells triker out of his ass

And the anime asks you to root for him. I liked his arc and even his edgy phase was a nice idea but god damn his duels were the most boring shit.

Yeah, the GX series started smooth and then turned to a bumpy, dark road, you had the shadow riders, then the society of light, then you get to the darker part of the series, Viper & Yubel, Brron and the dark dimension and revival of Supreme King. Viper gave all students of the 5 academy islands bracelets that suckes their life energy every time they dueled. He did all this to revive his dead kid and he stopped at nothing to bring him back, even if it meant severely endangering the lives of the students. By the time Jaden got to Yubel-possessed Jesse, every single character that accompanied Jaden to the Brron Dimension were " sent to the stars " aka killed. Then season 4 got even darker with Jaden questioning what hes doing with his life, he began seperating from his friends and became isolated and bitter.

You're right, Yugi had to duel him just so he can retrieve what he lost: the feeling of enjoying duels

The GX series was a literal perfection.

no other YGO main chara had a comfier main theme than Judai
youtube.com/watch?v=svMoIZYwVU4

Overly enthusiastic autist? Check.
Shitty character design? Check.
Shitty deck? Check.
A bigger mary sue than most yugioh protagonists? Check.

Objectively looking at all categories he is at best bottom 2 but most likely the worst protagonist we gotten so far. Even Yuya was better than this bum.

>>Shitty character design?
>Has a God tier red blazer
>>A bigger mary sue than most yugioh protagonists?
You're fucking joking, right? Yami, Zexal faggot, and Yuya are way bigger Mary Sues than Jaden ever was.

>HEROs
>Shit

*cries*

F U C K O N A M I, make better HEROs and Junks and stop pushing Gaia, BB and BLS

>50 episodes of depressive state cured in one episode.
Even its not judai, something is still wrong.

>4kids got away with Dr. Crowler calling a black man an oversized orangutan

WTF LMAO, what episode was this?

He thinks a red blazer turns his shitty design into something decent.

>You're fucking joking, right? Yami, Zexal faggot, and Yuya

Yami doesn't count because he is the king but you are wrong about Yuya and Yuma. A better argument is Yusei.

Neos was a mistake

No shit, hes the yugioh mc with the most character development

>Shitty character design

You just don't like him because he has normal hair.
>B-But Yami doesn't count!
Yes he fucking does you fucking faggot. Heart of the Cards my fucking ass. Not to mention the absolute horseshit he pulled in Duelist Kingdom.

this

although to be fair, I would claim the entire GX dub was a disaster it wasn't merely Jaden/Judai's voice

Why does his jacket float like that?

>Yami is exempt from all criticism because he's the king of games

Your argument is invalid.

>Judai's first duel with Chronos
>Judai says he's honored to get to duel someone so high up in the academy
>Jaden's first duel with Crowler
>Jaden says he thought Crowler was the academy's freaky mascot
All 4kids dubs are disasters though, GX isn't really special.

Pretty much. GX is surprisingly really censored.
youtube.com/watch?v=mXg0komAlMc

Jack has the shittiest design of all the rivals, but then again it must be discouraging to come up with character designs for rival characters knowing that none of them will even come close to the perfect specimen that is Seto Kaiba.

GX has a better dub than it deserves. There is no way in hell you can take a plot about card game high school where somebody duels a moneky in one episode seriously. Also Chazz It Up is a creme de la meme.

>Writers realize they can't top Kaiba
>Give the edgy rival character a joke deck
>He becomes 10x better

What about the Chazz himself? He was a cool rival, I liked him and his freaky-dinky Ojama brothers too.

The Chazz was perfect too

Chazz it up
Chazz it up

Kaiba Corp pattened jacket float technology.

Yugi > Jaden > The other piece of shit MCs

Yusei's fine, but Yuma and Yuya are pretty bad.

Why did you save my screenshot with the original filename intact?

Anime

Yusei > Judai > Yugi > Yusaku > Yuma > Yuya

Autism.

It was one of the earlier episodes when Viper gets introduce. The moment was priceless.

I see. Carry on then.

ICHI

JU

BURSTO STREAM

People that hate him are the ones that only watched the dub, which is incredibly awful.

BURAKKU BANINGU

>A bigger mary sue than most yugioh protagonists
Are you even aware who the yu gi oh protagonists are? Yusei is Gary Stue: The Character, Atem is literally o my heart of the cards and Yuya is Card Games Jesus. Never watched Zexal so won't comment about Yuma.

I disagree vehemently with all your points except maybe the autist one. His character design is the most appealing to me, his design is fairly normalized, but he has that sweet red blazer, this is way better than most of Yugioh's overly designed MC's. HEROES are the best archetype and he's not anymore of a Mary sue than literally every other protagonist, he's even less so I'd argue

>that one episode where Judai fights a stoned kid
>that one episide where the duel monkey was named Wheeler
>that one episode where they replaced all the sake with hot sauce

I am telling you the GX dub is a masterpiece.

As much as I like Manjoume, he was pretty shit as a rival. He never even came close to pose a threat to Judai and he was basically a non-character in season 3.

That's actually the truth, he can be redeemed if they made some new cards to allow him to fuse with the regular E-heroes tho

Chaz started off terrible though. It wasn't until he was sidelined from main rival to comedy rival that he actually was OK. Chaz in comparison to kaiba is awful. Chaz as Chaz was great.

I mean sure it's hilarious, but for people that take the show seriously it's suicide inducing, which is the case for people that go as far as hating a character in a dumb card game anime.

This

This as well, out of Jaden's three rivals: Chazz, Zane, and Aster. Chazz is the only one who never won

Judai is a great protagonist, he's just unfortunate enough to be surrounded by better ones on both sides.

Compared to Yugi and Yusei, he's just "good". Compared to Yuma and Yuya? The dude's fucking transcendent.

>Edo
>Judai's rival
He was a mid-boss for one season and nothing more.

Yugi is really not as good as you remember him. You need to rewatch DM.

If there was one thing the dub did was that it made Kaiba even fucking crazier and better than before

>Train a monkey named wheeler to duel which I'm convinced is for the sole purpose of if Kaiba ever ran into Joey again that he could insult him say a monkey could duel better than him then prove it
>Send kids deviantart cards into space to teach aliens to duel
>Everything about fucking Kaibaman

I hated a lot about that dub like Jaden never not being cheerful or cyrus constantly getting the chance to step up and be the hero but always failing but Kaiba was fucking phenomenal.

>DM
>watch
Not a fucking chance, kemosabe. Manga only.

>not both
Missing out.

No yugi is way better than jaden in the dub. Jaden starts of as entertaining different protagonist but I'm fucking shocked at how much I hated him in the end. I liked yugi even with his stupid speeches because at least shit seemed like it mattered to him. Jaden's shtick got annoying fast.

This is my little brother. Say something nice about him because I refuse to, and becuase my private satellite network is tracing all your IP addresses even now as I type this.

>That one episode where they brought back the fucking tag team duelists

That shit blew me away

>Yugi
>Good

Oxymoron

>watching the dub unironically

>ANIKI!
>OH DUDE, HIS CARDS!

Fucking kek. Why does 4kidz make everyone so savage and rude?

WHAT
WANNA SAY THAT AGAIN? YOU WANNA REPEAT THAT? YOU FUCKING PRICK? HUH? YOU WANNA FUCKING START SOMETHING? C'MON, LETS GO, 3 ON 3, RED VS BLUE, NO CAMP KILLS, I'LL FUCK YOU UP!

>ignores best girl
>good mc

>he could have beaten judai fair and square but his manager instructed him to throw the match

IT'S NOT FAIR OJAMABROS

youtube.com/watch?v=ebU7DA4GVW8

Yuma actually grew as a character.
Yuya is fucking shit. The worst thing to happen to the franchise.
His monsters look like fucking toys.
He never changes as a person.
The EGAO babble was the cringiest thing ever. I remember someone counted how many times it was said in a random episode and it was like 21.
He turns into a fucking gargoyle or whatever, like what the fuck?
The final boss didn't do anything wrong. He just wanted his daughter and people back, but LMAO EGAO fuck no the new 4 different universes are much better! Fuck you Shun, you'll never see your sister again! XDDD
The final fucking duel which has always been the most emotional and meaningful of every serie until this point was reduced to making a baby laugh for fuck's sake.

No I watched ironically. I mean if watching for a drinking game is ironic. Doesn't mean I don't have opinions about the show

This guy was so fucking based.

Yuya was like, a really good protagonist for the first year of Arc-V, but holy shit did he get fucking ruined in the last year of that show.

God I hate what happened to Arc-V.

>straight characters in Yugioh

>Asuka
>best anything
Waito Asuka was the only good Asuka.

Axel was the true MVP of GX.
I fucking hated him when he was introduced since he looked like a oogaa buggaa monkey nigger, but did he redeem himself.
Fucking based, saved his father who he actually had a deep relationship with instead of being cliche as fuck and going for the mother.

Her redemption duel was hilarious.
>Judai gets two cards, one from Fubuki and one from Manjoume
>he's supposed to use them to let their feelings get through to Asuka
>he ends up banishing them from his graveyard instead

I don't know why the fuck Manjoume thought Ojama Black would make a difference.

this

Fuck, that really got me.
That was a great episode. You don't see them giving jack shit to anyone other than the MC nowadays, let alone a 3rd tier character.

This. He also drew with SK Judai, which is way more than what Edo and Jim did in the dimension arc.

Why does Manjoume think anything?

All you dudes talking about Jaden and Chazz but forgetting about the queen of obelisk blue herself, Alexis

Reminder that Jaden won the title of her fiance

Judai like any true Yu-Gi-Oh! MC is into dicks, you fucking fag.

Didn't her brother give him the okay to get with her?

Yuya wanted to fuck Yuzu so badly though.

Reminder that Ishizu gave Kaiba Obelisk and probably foresaw them having sex after she beat him, becuase beating Kaiba's ass is the only way to get him to notice you, but then Kaiba fucked that up with his autism and to this day he is still a virgin.

Her brother hardly matters anyway.

Like I said, true Yu-Gi-Oh! MC.
Yuya was a fucking disgrace. Arc-V as a whole brought shame to the series.

>I sacrifice an extremely powerful God to autisitcally summon muh favourite Doragon
One of Kaiba's best moments.

He would have turned her down anyway.

Jesse got to him before Alexis did though

If you think about it, Yubel ans Supreme King were gonna rule the universe if her plan succeeded only Yubel would be in Jesse's body and Supreme King in Jadens

They were meant to be

Can't argue that, Jesse mattered more to him than Alexis.

Guess rhe whole fiance fiasco was all for naught.

>Jack
The only reason people like this shitter is because of his badass voice actor

>I foresee you placing me face down and fucking me ass up on the top of your office desk, Kaiba
>lmao blue eyes fucking destroy this thot

post vid

Yugi wanted to fug tea

Manjoume is not supposed to be Kaiba. He's supposed to be a Pegasus ripoff with his shitty Toon World rip-off.

Him summoning obelisk because fuck you in kaiba in the movie was glorious

Yugi was Daddy Atem's little bitch.

Yusei is trash though. Jaden's better.

Yami was the protag.
Yugi's story only began in DSOD and he's a fucking boring normalfag.

Yugi was as straight as it gets.