Can someone please explain to me why soy and soylent drinks became so popular, and consequently became such a meme here...

Can someone please explain to me why soy and soylent drinks became so popular, and consequently became such a meme here? I had never heard of these drinks until Sup Forums began talking about them.

Attached: 71at7uouUKL._SL1107_.jpg (1000x1107, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/health-43429933
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was created by a software engineer in Silicon Valley so he could work more efficiently. Software engineers often follow trends, so they picked it up, then the rest of SV, and so on.

They’re not very popular because they are expensive. The concept is actually good, and the company itself has no ill intentions. Soylent isn’t the best of its kind for a number of reasons but with good dietary supplements it’s not a bad product.

The soyboy meme came when people realized that many regular soylent users are weak hipster cuck faggots who use it because it’s the next organic kale bullshit food craze. Then they go and post their soylent on social media to virtue signal how healthy and nutritious their lifestyle is. They’re pathetic and we laugh at them.

They are talked about because soy is a meme here and it has soy in the name. But nobody really knows the actual origin of the drink: it was made by some guy with a blog to see if he could make the perfect liquid food with everything a human body needs. People followed his blog and he named it "soylent" for lulz. But it got so popular he got bought out so now I guess he's rich and something nowhere close to his drink is being sold in stores now.

Attached: 1517534212017.jpg (700x695, 239K)

because it does! OKAY?

Thanks. I was just curious because the term has become the new cuck and it gets thrown around a lot.

Big muscles arent cool among liberal women. They came and fucked the right leaning football players and then with their used pussies taken and their bodies sagging the orbiters come.

Does it taste good?

From what I understand, no. Never tried it myself.
I remember reading an article about the guy who made Soylent, he removed the entire kitchen and bathroom from his house or something insane like that.

>Removing the kitchen and bathroom
...but why

It’s not just soy now

bbc.com/news/health-43429933

Attached: B5747A4C-34C6-45E3-94C5-1020AA5C77E0.jpg (743x1105, 143K)

Soy products increase estrogens.

Attached: simpsons-soy.jpg (847x635, 94K)

Because he didn't need them anymore. He eats Soylent and nothing else.
They're probably being rubbed on young boys by their stupid single mothers. My mom is into that "essential oil" nonsense.

I like to put essential oils in a diffuser in my room. I like the smell of peppermint

>he named it "soylent" for lulz
He named is Soylent after Soylent green for a inside joke.

If he subbed Pea Protein for Soy Protein there would be nothing wrong with this at all. I suggest we create a right wing version of the drink, Pea-Ness. The left would love to gulp it down.

Or just offer a cheaper version with whey for white people

That’s because these MLM pyramid schemes operate like cults and brain wash older women with this shit on Facebook.

Attached: 6F72F51C-474E-460F-8AB5-6668F3519BBD.jpg (750x1235, 282K)

americans are lazy, soylent is a meal replacement. its also marketed as healthy so dumb americans buy processed shit because they are unable to cook right

Whey is shit for your body

Should copy that beef protein powder and make it into a drink

>Software engineers often follow trends

No we don't.

You are thinking about hipster who are "into tech" but can't make anything themselves.

>Because he didn't need them anymore. He eats Soylent and nothing else.

U get the kitchen but the bathroom?
Do you stop shitting completely when you only eat soylent?

nah, you accually have better poops because soylent accually has fiber compared to the shit americans usually eat.
soylent might be shit for regular people, but for the fast food mcdonalds type it might be an accual improvement