dragon ball

wadup come at me

Demi-chan wa kataritai

>start reading volume 1
>Please save Yuri and Fee saves space story is already the first two chapters
>no Ai until way later

also death note, overall

>stealth recommendation thread
Do we really one of these every day, OP?

fuck off

Dragonball anime was better than the manga but Z shit the bed around namek

Keep reading. The manga's story is way, way better.

The anime is good, but only when it's adapting the manga. When it goes off the rails with LOLSORANDOM comedy then it's not very good.

The Toy Box is supposed to be an isolated crew. Yuri, Fee, Hachimaki, and later Ai. That's it. There's no goofy middle management. No random temp girl. No space ninjas. It's a small group of people isolated away from everything else. The anime completely failed to depict this in favor of sophomoric-at-best attempts at humor.

I liked that the anime gave Tanabe some much needed character development, especially by letting her have the scene where she's stranded on the moon with the other person. It also led to that super sad wheelchair scene, which I liked.

Fuck those space ninjas though.

I didn't like that at all because it was at the expense of Hachimaki's character development.

The most important moment from the manga was taken away from the anime adaptation, and I'd argue that Hachimaki's development is far more important than Ai's.

Jojo 1/2
Sailor Moon
Made in Abyss
K-On
Koe no Katachi

Most comedy

Is that all?

That's what's good enough to save on my 2TB drive

All of them, fuck static images

>One-Punch Man

I might have to read the manga then. The anime's already one of my favorites for the realistic setting and characters. I liked the comedy bits too though, Wendee Lee really nailed it for the cigarette episode.

amazing anime. great manga too, but the anime expanded on it so much

The cigarette episode is actually adapted from the manga.

The comedy I'm talking about is mainly the middle management dudes who just do random stuff for the sake of being random.

This. The art quality in the manga becomes really shitty at Chapter Black and onward.

Succu-sensei wouldn't wear such a thing, she knows that's dangerous

is the anime and manga of this just SoL in space or does it get deeper eventually?

Is Planetes worth watching (or continuing rather in my case)?
I've watched the first 5 or 6 episodes but its all episodic shit that doesn't matter, is this gonna have an actual overreaching storyline or no?

any music anime i guess

Keep watching. Where you're at is still just establishing the core characters and setting things up.

One develops a little more than halfway through.

>that envy pit

Episodic first cour, arc second cour.

Gintama, the voice actors add libs and animation jokes are way better

Kinda loathed how Hachimaki suffers no repercussions from his assholery.
Even got a cute pregnant wife but she's stuck on Earth like his mom.

Gintama. The voice acting adds so much to it.

>dragon ball

wrong

Came in to post this.

Right version too. Good taste.

Kaiji and Akagi easily. Amazing how Madhouse managed to clean FKMT's art.

It prides itself on realism but the characters are nothing but, also has the dumbest message.
watch at your own risk

Hunter X Hunter(2011)
Black Lagoon

Boku no Hero Academia.

Sailor Moon

I hear Elfen Lied was better because it had an anime-original ending that cut of the second half.

Pokémon doesn't have a source Manga.

Lucy's death was the best moment in the series, and one of the only scenes that made that wretch worth anything.

>shitty terrorism arc
>good
The anime is great but that original material was a d u m p s t e r f i r e

>Yu-Gi-Oh!
"No"

It doesn't, but he's still wrong since Pokemon Special is better than the anime. Bearing in mind I've only watched/read the early stuff.

Cutting it off where they did was the best decision ever made.

Nazo no Kanojo X.

But I don't like how they never animated this chapter.

Im salivating already

>Hunter X Hunter(2011)
This, mostly because the manga will never be concluded and has some really bad artwork in places.

Good pun Carlos.

Berserk.

>yugioh
>filler up the ass
>pretend the first 6 volume doesn’t happen
>>better

Shuffle

>directed by the dude that directed Monster

Is it panel by panel or is it actually redeemable?

Kekkai Sensen

>yes
there are minor differences here and there but it's very close to the original.
the sounds, music and voice acting just made it better though.

mob psycho 100, the crazy styles the anime uses are fantastic

He did almost die in space. Or was it a huge blast of space cancer radiation?

This and most other Dezaki anime

Gantz

huehuehue

Dunno about Oniisama e...: his original plot points and images are vastly better than anything Ikeda could conceive, but the overall series composition is just overstuffed. Respecting the overall outline of the manga, which relied heavily on elypsis to function as a whole, and just filling the gaps tended to be repetitious and to make some characters completely dissapear without reason to reappear 20 chapters later.

The anime was unironic terrible trash for 14-year old emo weeaboos, while the manga at least was entertainingly trashy. Also, no Nozomi and less Bandou alone make the anime inferior in comparison.

Posting an old fave

pikachu dying to ferrow or whatver the fuck happened turned me off of that when i was a kid. i wanted edgy but not that edgy

Every anime. Manga are generally just shitty comics and can't be better than anime.

And anime are just shitty cartoons with choppy animation, hilariously unrealistic voice acting and worse pacing than the comics they're based on.

Nah, anime are made by united efforts of hundreds of people and go though an enormous quality control. Japanese seiyu are the best in the world and so as the animation. So anime can't be worse than shitty drawings of some lazy faggot known to none.

What's the one series that has an anime adaption you desperately wish did the manga justice but dropped the ball hard?

Picture very related.

Then what was

Both, manga and anime, were good. I liked both equally

>this is what retards actually believe

I'd love to see a new Gash Bell adaptation, but I can't really think of a studio who could keep up production of a full adaptation and do it justice, and if any studio would even want to pick up a finished older shounen.

They made the right choice of making the first chapter focus on the setting and its dangers, rather than filling it up with expositions like the manga did.

Other than that is pretty much the same thing.

Granted I haven't gone too far into the manga yet, but the first half of season one does everything much better. Especially Sagara's arrival, fish out of water experiences and how he bonds with Chidori in the beginning. Unless the manga becomes much better written from here on I suspect this will pretty much remain as it is since TSR is even better as an anime than season one.

It's great, you should continue.

Wasnt it originally a light novel though?

I don't actually know. If it was and that's the source for the anime and not the manga I guess I'm an idiot.

Welcome to the NHK

It's novel.

good post

>she knows that's dangerous
not if it's ironman

yeah

agreed

Yes.

I disagree with you felow user

Aku no hana

>Jojo 1
Maybe for the first three episodes, but after that the drawn-out exposition gets grating. Not so much in the manga.

Akira and Nausicaa

I don't know about MiA.
The adaption was fantastic and I love what they did with it, but the manga has a better art style which affects the mood and tone.

Disagree on Akira, I've found the visuals great in both, but the story in the manga is superior.