There are plenty of anime that is set in Japanese,American, and various European settings...

there are plenty of anime that is set in Japanese,American, and various European settings , but were there any anime set in the roman republic/empire

There is one about bath houses. Now fuck off.

Read the Aeneid pleb

Have you tried looking it up on the internet?

>reading fanfiction

There's plenty manga or anime in a pesudo classical age settings, lots of fantasy themed ones do even if most are more medieval era.

However, I cannot think of a single anime or manga with a specific Mesoamerican focus. The only possible two that qualify are Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers and The Mysterious Cities of Gold, and for the former my understanding is it only really influences some of the city/characrter designs in the first few episodes and that's it and for the latter i'm not even sure if it counts as an anime.

Japan has a general tendency to dislike Empires that lasted for so long and have actual relevance beyond their pointless island.

i don't know about anime but there's a manga about the second punic war and another one about caesar but this one is a shit

You could read AD Astra its about Hannibal. Got pretty great art too.

Most Mesoamerican names use the L or worse, TL sound. I'd love to see the engrish (or nahuaturu) shitfest we'd get.

it's something thanks user

In the most recent season of Symphogears one of the characters had a Nahuatl demon (though the actual demon in question was a tree demon in aztec mythology and it was a giant snake here for some reason) as a summon, the pronunciation was pretty pleasant sounding even if it wasn't actually accurate.

I've seen screencaps of a ship named in Nahuatl from some older anime but I don't know which, as well

The latter was a joint French - Japanese project right?

>pointless island.
>produces the anime you wath
Please go away.

Not Roman, but Historie does a decent job of Alexander the Great.

I'm also liking Cesare (about the Borgia's), but that's obviously set much later.

yes

Meant for

Is Historie already finished or is it still going?

Gay but really historically accurate.
Also there is an homonym. I remember Cestus and Bestiarius too.

Thermae Romae is all you need.

It's kind of disappointing how no fantasy manga/anime try using a Greek/Roman-inspired setting instead of faux Medieval Europe. I think the former would be a pretty interesting twist.

Now that I think about it, this problem actually stems from Western media. It's a shame classical antiquity isn't more popular, because it's a much more interesting time period imo

>incest
>corruption
>gay sex
>blood fests either in war, coliseum or even the senate
an anime about Rome sounds nice, but which emperor should it focus on? my vote would go to Caligula

>about Hannibal
Carthago delenda est

Fate spin off with Nero

There are a few that have greco-roman classical era inspirations in addition to or instead of medieval europe.

>Now that I think about it, this problem actually stems from Western media. It's a shame classical antiquity isn't more popular, because it's a much more interesting time period imo

Greco-roman shit is literally the single most popular historical period for media in the west other then medieval Europe and fuedal japan. If you want actual obscure shit, look at Mesopotamia, or especially west or subsahran africa, aboriginal Australia, south and southeast asia, Mesoamerica as states, the Andes, etc.

I can buy that for Africa and Aboriginal Australia it's sort of asking for too much due to the lack of urban civilizations, but that's not an issue with Mesopitama, South/East Asia, Mesoamerica, or the Andes, though I can forgive you for assuming orherwise for Mesoamerica and the Andes since the general cultural awareness for those regions is just "jungle people tearing people's hearts out", when in reality the Aztecs had the 5th largest city in the world at the time and the region had hydralulics/running water and actual urban cities going back over 2000 years before the Aztecs were even a thing.