ITT: Promising manga that died because japan has shit taste

ITT: Manga that died because japan has shit taste

Double Art was an adventure manga that kept the mc in the same place and had them running in circles, its pacing should have been faster

the author made the same mistake with Nisekoi and the story was going nowhere to the point it became a meme

this died because Sunday Super is basically a oneshots magazine to tryout new authors

but they could have moved it like to the main magazine like Amano Megumi

Mx0

hiatus was a mistake, so much wasted potential

B-but Shudan is still alive!

i will never forgive japan for killing this extremely fun autist and his bro

Not necessarily Japan's fault. The first few chapters were good, but fell apart either due to the writer or editor being incompetent. It should have just been a manga about Kagami and Mako solving supernatural crimes.

Why do you think Bleach went full pant on head retarded? Is it because of the fanbase's shit taste that only enjoy the most repetitive and casual shit? Or is it because Kubo is a talentless hack whose art and writting deteriorate over time?

>jumpfuckingoverfantasymanga.jpg
all of these died and black clover survived

wait did uratarou die? fuck i was waiting for it to had more chapters so i could binge them

>magico
>Mx0
it still hurts but I dont remember magico's ending being necessarily bad

What is Keijo?

Trash

Yeah. You can read it now, but the ending is shit.

Don't even fucking remind me, you're digging up old wounds.

Mx0 had so much fucking potential and they just axed that shit. It was a shame since they did the whole "mc has a unique power that only he can use/power eraser" shtick without making it overpowered or boring, really the only manga I've seen do that troupe right.

It ended with giant space flea out of nowhere. Compared to the rest of the manga, it was heartbreakingly bad. Pity, because the main girl was cute.

Isn't it because the author has a health problem? So it's not like it's because of Japan's shit taste.

And then we got that piece of shit called Nisekoi from the same author afterwards, that dragged on pointlessly because he needed to put food on the table.

Yeah. His new series Saike goes on hiatuses frequently.

>dubs
YAMERO! Shudan is still alive and will have 50+ volumes dammit!
Fuck you!
FUCK YOU!!!!!!

>Literal eye stabbing hair
>promising

Double Arts was shit you insufferable hipster.
Thank god this trash got canceled and we got based Nisekoi.

There are tons of series in WSJ that got axed because of they lack of "this is the power of friendship" routes. Also japan has a terrible taste in shounen imo.

ib

Reminder that this was so popular that Figarette was on the Nisekoi popularity poll

This seems to be a trend with certain Jump authors
>make cool manga with interesting/unique premise
>axed
>make generic, by-the-numbers battle manga/rom-com harem
>incredible success

That shit is the same shit as Black Clover, dont you fucking lie, you fucking shit taste faggot. It got axed because it was literally shit

>Joker
>MC is a super stoic handsome cool eccentric young man with the super over powered of gravity manipulating
>Clover
>Mc is a super hot blooded eccentric young man with the super over powered of magic nullifying in a world where magic is the essence of everything

After all these years, I'm still mad that Mx0 got the axe. The author just can't get a break with his work.

Too bad Gintama got axed, i really liked i

I'm just going by plot description and it sounded infinitely more interesting than BC.
Same thing with Double Arts and the 2 things Horikoshi did before BNHA.

>That shit
>same shit
>fucking shit
>literally shit
Broaden your vocabulary.

Dine on excrement

If it remember right, those poll results were because lots of people dropped after Marika lost.

The last one was shit though, it was just monster / hero of the week with some lesbian shit mixed in

wish they had made a proper anime for this instead of those music video like segments.

It fucking hurts bros

came here to post this

Wasn't Teppu canceled because the mangaka kept going on hiatus?

Fell asleep reading this shit

>Im femc i m big and strong roarxddd
>Well actually you are not
>No im femc im big and strong
>Rinse and repeat

Since it got axed i suppose it didnt get better

It was nothing special, but not that bad either. Expected axe since chapter 1.

Does anyone remember it?

what are you talking about? double arts had consistent progression, nisekoi was genuinely bad

it's because the author didn't want to continue it and just half-assed it intentionally. we know this for a fact

desu the pacing was bad and the point where it ended had much much more promise than the actual manga was actually good

Just when things were starting to get good it suddenly gets axed. Sasuga, Japan.

>Last arc went on for several years
>Half assed

Nani?

it took a really uninteresting turn at some point iirc

Not sure, I remember the author mentioning health issues as one reason among a few
I don't know how far you got, but that sort of thing didn't happen a lot during the tournament since most of her opponents realized she was a major threat.
It definitely had its faults, but the comedy, setting, and characters were fun and it would've been great to see the mc properly step into the world of magic as opposed to macgyvering his way through things

are you under the impression that half-assing something means you cut it short? He was doing a poor job because he wasn't interested in continuing it, but shounen jump made him continue cause it was popular.
Half assing doesn't mean "make it short so you can end it faster"

It had so much potential

Any good sports manga that ends when they win the interhigh. The transition to the professional level is the most interesting part. why is japan so obsessed with high school reeeee.

>The last one was shit though, it was just monster / hero of the week with some lesbian shit mixed in

That's the best part

THAT.

100 times THAT.

The series really had potential, but its post-timeskip bullshit just made it go down so so fast :(

What about Hori previous manga, with animals as characters? Looks better than BnHA t b h.

>but its post-timeskip bullshit just made it go down so so fast :(
Because it got axed, the author had to rush that.
Fucking shame tho

>emoticon

Kill yourself, fucking faggot

Shudan is legit crap

The MC had a lot more personallity but the overall setting and plot was bland.
I wouldn't hold it to that high standards.

still hurts

retard

F, teppu is still one of my favorites

Not japanese but Veritas sorta fits

It didn't end like shit, but I wanted to see more of my favorite airheaded couple.

>nisekoi was genuinely bad
Shut the fuck up fucking sheep
Nisekoi was fucking good as fuck
Piece of shit kill yourself

A manga which had strengths that turned out to be incompatible with the magazine's target demographic. The tactics (and their counters, and the counters to these, etc.) were more creative than the average battle manga, but young people prefer flashiness/emotional appeal over tactics.

>slice of life
>male lead with shit personality
>no progression
bad manga. you'd have to be 8 or 80 to find this interesting enough to read

this wasn't cancelled due to popularity, but because the author and artists had a dumbass fight and decided to not work together.

FUCK

yeah, the creators had shit taste

>Not Japanese
Into the trash it goes.

but it's good. I totally get where you're coming from though

ST&RS should have lived longer.

Jump really hates mx0 author, I started reading pretty face and when I finished and knew that it was axed I was really piss off but then he starts his new manga that was really fucking good only to be axed again wtf Japan, I will pay for that shit to continue

what worse is the mangaka is no where to be found

making pretty face MC just as strong as when he was a boy was a huge mistake. that's not hot.

Well is natural given that the only different thing was his face, the doctor was hilarious

no his muscles atrophied, that was pointed out.
The doctor was pretty great

Uhm... No. Nobody in Japan actually gave a damn about Marika except Y-san. They droppes it because most fans were Onodera faqs.

Shaman King

>too popular for the sister magazine
>moved to the main magazine
>cancelled because not popular enough

I still think about it every time I read Shiori Experience

Didn't like it much considering the fan service was implied a lot and sucked too.

that sounds incredibly infuriating.
Also what's the point in a show magazine that has a threshold for popularity?

Samon the Summoner

This was the last romcom/ecchi I had any hope for, but apparently it managed to be the least popular manga in shounen jump.

I should get around to reading Magico and Uratarou.

It was great at first but I remember thinking the abuse of time travel started getting really stupid.

I liked the character designs. Not so much as the direction of the writing and the plot. The dialogue was just so bad the jokes crashed bad on each other.

It could have done way good and better but the author wrote themselves into a corner since day one. Could have done cooler and better.

Wait, this got canceled? I thought it got a proper ending.
Maybe it's for the best though. I remember at some point it fell into the usual pit shounen tend to do and the pacing became absolute shit and started to drag on majorly.

Aw shit, this got the axe? I read up to the timeskip where the MC cut his hair but I remember it being pretty interesting. Did it at least get any kind of closure?

All true but I still miss it a lot
At least the author is making a oneshot

It's such a fucking shame.

You can't do a fighting manga without good villains. That's why it bombed.

Now Ice Revolution. That fucking shit deserved a few more volumes.