Shokugeki no Soma

Chapter 241 spoiler pics soon. Here are the supposedly real spoilers.

Saito's dish is served. It's called Kaisen Don of Five Phases. The Sashimi used on top is Tuna which was lightly cooked in butter, Salmon which was smoked with oak wood, Fugu which was marinated in vinegar, Tiger prawns which were battered in Tempura batter and fried, and finally Salmon roe. These are the five phases of his dish. Tuna is eaten first, then the Salmon, Fugu, Prawns and finally the Salmon roe.

The Rice was cooked with a mixture of the orange juice and squid butter giving it a slightly different color and smell. The judges try the dish and all are stripped naked while being plunged into the deep ocean. Saito is known as the Samurai Chef and his genius unique takes on Sushi are highly praised in the culinary world.

Saito: I'm glad you enjoyed my offerings to the fullest.
Soma: I'm curious Saito senpai, why did you join Azami and central?
Saito: Azami offered me something that the old man Senzaemon did not.
Soma:.....
Saito: Justice.

Soma finishes his dish. End of chapter

In a battle between best boy and best boy. I wonder who'll come out in victory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qo6VuhSGZCc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've had Kaisen don before and it's fucking GODLY.

I wonder what Soma is making

Well, there's only one best boy fighting so obviously he will not win.

Excuse me, the best boy will win.

No, Saito doesn't have plot armor so he won't.

Apple risotto with ginger ketchup ankake, parmesan cheese and stuffed fish with pork.

>Justice
Good god, what the fuck kind of chuuni bullshit is this? What, did someone poison the food of his parents and he wants revenge?

>Saito: Azami offered me something that the old man Senzaemon did not.
>Soma:.....
>Saito: Justice.

>innocent kids get expelled for no reason
>generally nice samurai with the code of bushido wants to protect them

hmmm

Just wait and see

I bet it has to do with the scar he has.

That's not what I was talking about.

That's probably it. With Senzaemons's system, most chefs fail the academy and leave in frustration and disappointment whereas with Azami's system, everyone will be able to pass without any hardships.

>everyone will be able to pass without any hardships
Except individuals who got into cooking to express themselves and experiment.

I'd like this to turn out true. Maybe Saito lost some really good friends from Senzaemon's system? Seeing how unfair the old system was probably set made Saito set out on his current path and eventually into Central.

>Except individuals who got into cooking to express themselves and experiment.
That's not the point, anyone could fail even with your own original cooking. That's how most people fail the academy since they aren't as talented as the one's who are considered good.

My thoughts, exactly.

>Soma: I'm curious Saito senpai, why did you join Azami and central?

COOKING MANGA
O
O
K
I
N
G

M
A
N
G
A

Most people fail because the teaching standards are extremely high and the average person is not going to win in a shokugeki.

Shokugeki still exists, the Elite 10 are still in charge and the standard for passing is even higher now. Azamifags need to be lynched.

>putting ketchup on top of fries
Absolutely disgusting

Yeah, yeah, ideally that'd be it, because it'd be smart and acknowledge there are some genuine issues with senzaemon's system that azami's solves, so post-azami we should move to a middle ground.
But don't get your hopes up.

Truth. I remember that the professors were horrible who did not teach anything, they wanted only to expel the students, while they were laughing at the losers. Remember Soma's first class together with Megumi, or what was the training camp like? The teachers did not care about the students, they just kept laughing at their despair

Or when Alumini can come in and throw kids out because of their shampoo. I can see why the old system probably wouldn't be enticing to all the students.

Azami's first official act as administrator was to shut down every research club and expel everybody who protested.

Also, how the fuck are people just forgetting that literally 2 episodes ago Azami said his end game was to make food a hobby that only the 1% can indulge.

That's not something he really advertises to his students, though.

The narrative that everybody chooses to believe is different.

>Azami's first official act as administrator was to shut down every research club and expel everybody who protested
The reason he disbanded them is because he doesn't find them needed/ necessary. He doesn't believe in pointless battles upon one another or have clubs where you can come up with new recipes when you can be directly taught in class by elite 10 members or members from Central of his choosing for them to learn whatever.

No he disbanded them because he is a totalitarian nut job enforcing his ideal new world order.

How the fuck are you buying a narrative that is verifiably false?

xth for Rindou

Soma belongs to Kuga !!!

>No he disbanded them because he is a totalitarian nut job enforcing his ideal new world order.
He genuinely wants to change the school into his ideal world of haute cuisine and for that to happen he doesn't want clubs where people self teach other stuff to stay at Totsuki since he'll be issuing how people are able to cook. If you don't accept then you're free to leave the academy. It doesn't make him a "totalitarian nut job" just because you find his method uncanny.

Eizan a cute.

Do not forget the speech that says that most of the students would be kicked out, they would just be sacrificial stones to help only a percent of the students in the school, or 99 percent of the students will be kicked out, and they are told the principal that they are worthless! !

Megumi should have won.

Nope.

>Soma finishes his dish.
Oh my, what's this gonna be?

I don't know user but as you said, my boy is chunni AF and I love him for it.

I love that chuuni samurai.

>chuuni
>8th grade syndrome

I don't think you guys know what that word means.

They guy carries a sword, are you going to tell him off for not outgrowing 8th grade syndrome?

>Saito is a samurai fueled by nothing more than SEIGI.

I-I didn't think he could be any more based.

I'm going to marry Megumi!

Wish she was taller

I'm going to marry Megumi first, encourage her to be more laid back so she lets herself go and then divorce her.

I'm going to cuck you then. Don't be surprised when you see white goo leaking from her butt when you and her are having sex.

What's with Megumi and anal sex lately?

It's just an user forcing his meme.

Best hips according to Tsukuda himself.

Did Erina have even a single fight throughout the manga? For the strongest first year she is too useless. Even now she is sitting on the sidelines.
I am seriously expecting her to job to Tsukasa next round.

>Did Erina have even a single fight throughout the manga?
Not on-screen.
She beat the fatso sumo guy early on, but more often than not we're just shown how she has won or passed a test.

I think my issue with Erina is that we’re always told how great she is. Either by the narrative or the other characters. But we’re never shown her doing the things that make her great. It’s like the whole show don’t tell basis of storytelling flew right over Tsukuda’s head with her. And it’s an illustrated manga too. How do you even fuck up that bad?

Would you like Totsuki to go back to Sonzaemon's ideal of for the two systems to join and evolve into something else?

I think a new system needs to be put in place that takes the good of both Azami's and Senzaemon's.

It literally doesn't matter because this was never about the system. It was ALWAYS about Azami seizing and maintaining absolute power.

New system. Ideally
>Azami's central teaching methods with no expulsions and many chances
>Clubs are allowed as extracurricular activities and are all given similar budgets
>Students have the right to present their dishes to a council (once a week? A month?) so that dishes that are deemed great get added to the curriculum

>Students have the right to present their dishes to a council (once a week? A month?) so that dishes that are deemed great get added to the curriculum
It sounds like you could have each club choose a representative and have them all shoku each other's geki with some members of the E10 and teachers as judges and the ultimate winner(s?) get added to the curriculum.

>I think my issue with Erina is that we’re always told how great she is. Either by the narrative or the other characters. But we’re never shown her doing the things that make her great. It’s like the whole show don’t tell basis of storytelling flew right over Tsukuda’s head with her.
I feel the same. It's annoying how he constantly has to tell us how incredible she is. He's too much of a waifufag when it comes to her character.

I love Megumi: youtube.com/watch?v=qo6VuhSGZCc

Well, the training camp arc showed her finishing her assignment long before anyone else and she had the most overall customers on the final day while Soma barely scraped pass by stealing her customers.

Beyond that though, she doesn't really have many tangible feats. If nothing else, she's more knowledgeable about the basics of cooking than her peers.

There's no need to force that, it'll keep students that don't like clubs from participating. It's just a potential natural outcome.

It's not that he forgotten whatever. Tsukuda just has a distinct formula of setting things. Like for character relevancy. Tsukuda doesn't make all important characters relevant in every arc, just certain characters that are important to the plot are shown more while the rest don't get much relevancy since they aren't as important. That's why Erina wasn't shown as much before Azami began but because she's a main character, he had to always make her somewhat relevant but during her relevant times are just her being somewhat malicious which made her hated a lot. But for the AE arc, we got introduced to many new characters and Soma's antagonist Hayama. Because they were all important to the plot, every important character had their moment which we also then seen a bit more depth in Erina's character. But now in the current arcs with Azami, the focus is pretty much just Soma, Erina and the elite 10 so because of that, we don't really see the rest of the other important cast like Megumi, PSD, Hayama, Ryo, etc often until they are needed for the plot like Hayama for his rematch against Soma, Takumi and Megumi for their tag along with Soma and Erina in the Rdc, etc.

Also another example of Tsukuda's formula is, we are only shown a characters background during some sort of cooking battle (Shinomiya, Ikumi, Megumi, Ryo, Hayama, etc). Erina was a exception since she's the main character alongside Soma so both of their backgrounds are somewhat told without his usual formula since they both stick out more than the rest of the cast.

I await the inevitable not exactly interesting cooking of Erina, as the ones who are hyped by words usually either lose or win, but don't live up to the expectations. I see her as best first year because she can taste flawlessly and then improve cooking according to her taste until its good. But I don't hold hope for extravagant cooking.

>But I don't hold hope for extravagant cooking
Why do people assume Erina can't actually cook or just isn't that good cooking? We seen her made 2 dishes in the series. The Ravioli and her Eggs Benedict yet you're gonna say she cannot cook extravagantly!? Not to mention she's on the coucil of 10 because of her achievements as a cook so you can already assume she's a top tier chef.

I'm pissed his best character that has the most development, the best background, best personality, best style of cooking keeps losing to literal who's while his protagonist skate through tough opponents easily.

Her cooking style is going to be disappointing for sure. I imagine she either is an all rounder or she focuses on a Cuisine type (French, Chinese etc something like that). Either way her cooking style won't be all that interesting, it'll be her using her Gods tongue in accordance with her cooking that might make her cooking interesting.

She's on the council because she's a Nakiri, not because of her cooking. Even a shitty cook like Nene and Eizan can get on the seat, they just have to be useful.

You say that as if anyone's cooking "style" is actually interesting.

Rindo's is and so is Alice's.

Megumi has the most interesting style. Sun drying and using regional Japanese ingredients sounds like an elite chef's style.

Most of the other characters don't have their cooking hyped anywhere near the amount Erina's has been.

>She's on the council because she's a Nakiri
No one is able to join the council without making a huge remark at Totsuki or you challenge a member for their seat. Erina was able to take the 10th seat during the next year of her middle school days because of her achievements, academics/ colloquium during those days at school since she's a scholar and of course she's a formidable chef because of her training from her father. Senzaemon enforced those rules and he wouldn't interfere and just give Erina that seat because she's his granddaughter. Erina actually earned her way, not given.

>Even a shitty cook like Nene and Eizan can get on the seat, they just have to be useful
Just because they lost to Soma doesn't mean they're bad at cooking. Why do you and most other people have that kind of logic. Both of them could easily defeat Megumi but i'm not gonna go into that because it'll probably trigger you and others for some odd reason.

How did Nene get in then? She's garbage. Eizan used bribes and politics to get in.

How bad would it look for the academy if their headmaster's granddaughter couldn't get a seat. The school is built on connections and shady deals. They let Erina take an empty seat because it would make her reputation and family's reputation look good. And anyone from their public relations department can exaggerate her achievements with money.

He's going to lose from poorer implementation of the theme

>there are people in this thread who think Granpa's system > Azami's system

They both have flaws.

>How did Nene get in then? She's garbage. Eizan used bribes and politics to get in.
Is this bait? The source for all your reasons literally came from your ass. Just because you view Nene as a garbage chef doesn't mean she's literally a terrible chef. Also Eizan didn't bribed or used politics to get his seat. He EARNED his seat because he was recognized as a great consultant, etc for the academy.

Just ignore the underages shitty bait user.

____ is my drug

I don't think most of the student body has ever even considered wagering expulsion on a shokugeki.

Nene lost to a first year, in her specialty, She's garbage. Eizan lost to both Souma AND Takumi. He's garbage. The Elite 10 seems very easy to get into and I would bet they shoed in Erina BECAUSE of her name. Hide your head in the sand all you want but the evidence is presented, autistic faggot.

The problem with Azami's system is Azami.

Rindou's catlike features are amazing. She's hot, cute and silly at the same time and that's great. Best female character design in the show since Minegasaki Yaeko

maybe but Azami's system is still better and Souma is on the wrong side.
desu it feels like Azami's system was so much better that the author had to artificially insert flaws into it to justify his role as a villain

>but the evidence is presented
whatever makes you sleep comfy at night.

The problem with Azami's system is that he takes it a bit too far, where the school becomes less of a school and more like a chef factory that prints out perfect little clones of him.

Also, one of the pitfalls of having a highly rigid curriculum based solely on pre-packaged recipes means students just go through the motions without actually understanding why the recipe is the way it is, and therefore they'll never find a way to improve or make variations on them. This was pretty evident in some of the earlier chapters.

Basically, a system that prides itself on expulsions can be just as poisonous as a system that encourages strict adherence to a set of standards.

The biggest flaw of Azami's system is that it teaches rote memorization and prevents critical thinking. The students learn how to make a dish, but they fail to understand the whys. We saw this clearly when Erina was watching a group struggling during the promotion exam and from the reader's perspective, we saw how the rebel group was able to adapt and overcome harsher requirements than that group simply because they understood the fundamentals of what they are doing.

Azami is not repealing Sanzaemon's expulsion policies out of the goodness of his heart or to pursue some sort of academic ideal. It's against his interests to expel students en masse because he wants to flood the market with chefs who only know how to cook his dishes and his dishes only. The school is merely a means for him to dominate the food world rather than actually teach people or foster talent.

If Erina wins a Shokugeki against an E10 member, would it be technically Azami's victory?

Are you retarded?

Insomuch as Souma beating one is Jou's.

Depends on how she wins. I imagine when she finally cooks something, she'll cook in the spirit of Polar Star, as in improvising and going against established "correct" gourmet methods, but still creating an excellent dish, thus proving her dad wrong.

>Choosing justice of the mob over self-determination

how relevant will the elite 10 be after this arc? i mean, I'm sure rindou and tsukasa will stick around, but what about the rest? after their jobbing, will they ever get screentime again?

They will graduate anyway. Second years will stick around probably.

>eizan will job to literally every polar star
>more manlet jokes
>nene gets creamed by isshiki in a shokugeki and goes full tsundere

I can see them coming back as Alumini

nene deserves better

is there any possibility whatsoever that she beats isshiki in their eventual shokugeki?

She couldn't even beat Souma.

Its more likely that Nene keeps demanding one, and Isshiki keeps refusing, and its all played as a gag, until finally Isshiki just beats her in a panel offhandedly