One Piece

What is it about Peerless Donuts that makes them so... peerless?

How can Luffy just go back to fighting Katakuri? Also Luffy seems insecure, does he want Kata's big dick inside of him?

I think it's really sad that Dogtooth is going to lose to some awakening bullshit from Luffy after all this time.

>Dogtooth

Wireless haki transfer

>Dientedeperro.

I suppose that move is a japanese thing or something?

>mfw on like chapter 20 of Dressrosa arc and it's already one of my favorites

Right after that trainwreck Fishman Island too.

It becomes shit from halfway point onwards, starting with plot cage.

Why Is it sad? It still hasn't happened yet and it's could be nicely done.
So far Luffy has Lost to Katakuri on the Wedding, on his first round where he was killed by donuts and on his second round where he was killed by timelimit.
My bet is that we'll get two more rounds of Luffy vs Katakuri, a first one where Luffy will push him to the limit, lose and get's saved by some luck factor that also nerfs Katakuri a little, and then a final round with Luffy going stamina berserk against Katakuri, new ability Is somehow showcase and Luffy wins by the skin of his teeth. He'll have to be rescued by his friends as the alliance escapes Totland.

dont worry, it'll turn back to shit when the bird cage starts

no he wasn't getting killed by timelimit. he's just getting killed.
you can't just go from getting destroyed to pushing him to the limit, thats fucking stupid.

I doubt Luffy will even beat Katakuri here. If anything, Luffy'll just gain this semi-power-up and dip the fuck out of there after getting btfo for a fourth time

woah...so this is the power of katakurifags

which makes sense. fighting strong people should be the impetus for you developing stronger abilities, and not just give them to you for no fucking reason. besides worst case scenario he can run away with brulee.

Hacki is the end of good fights in one piece. The fights aren't about using your DF effectively or having interesting abilities anymore, they're just about who has the strongest hacki. It's ruining the series and its perfect bait for bleachfags and narutards who are looking for a new manga.

I do miss the df fights.

I'll admit haki did feel a bit shoehorned in, but Gol D. Roger couldn't have made it across the grand line without it

Literally every fight has been Haki based. It just wasn't in the spotlight like it is now

>The fights aren't about using your DF effectively
So are you gonna ignore all the shit Katakuri pulled with his DF, or Perospero, or BM, or Capone or fucking everyone with a fruit in Dresrossa except ,maybe Machvise? You had a guy in PH who though he was the hottest shit because muh Haki only to end decimated by Law one second later

Ignore him user. He's simply blinded by his emotions right now. Let him cool down

>Calls them peerless
>Make two of them

I guess Katakuri has a sense of humor after all.

So haki is good for the story? I’m getting confused with this people who are for and against haki. I like the concept of haki.

>I’m getting confused with this people who are for and against haki
Who fucking cares about what others think, just make your own opinion. Sup Forums isn't one person

This arc had a guy with a fruit to replicate crackers, fucking crackers, and he went toe to toe with Luffy giving zero shits about his Haki. Luffy couldn't even break it with Haki, he had to eat the crackers after Nami softened them. If anything, this arc is making fruits relevant again by having a Logia (or someone that, for all practical purposes, it's the same as a Logia) using Haki to make his fruit relevant.

Law there is kind of a bad example, since he didn't win because of his fruit, but only through Haki.

Oda, where's my friend Zoro?

>The fights aren't about using your DF effectively
Do you really think Cracker would have survived against Luffy without using his devil fruit?

Haki is useful to not have regular fighters get outclassed by someone that can turn into yoghurt, and also because finding an element to beat every Logia through elemental weakness would be tiring. However, I think Oda should have made it more limited. Like, some fighters can only use it on their hands, or their feet, or the weapon they're good with. That way, someone like Vergo that can coat his torso with Haki would be actually impressive, and the individual fighting styles would be more relevant.

>he didn't win because of his fruit, but only through Haki.
He won thanks to the cutting power of his DF. Vergo was talking shit how about years ago Law couldn't even scratch his armor with his DF cutting abilitie. Then he gets BTFO showing how much Law has grown since

By his DF cutting ability, you mean his sword's cutting ability?

Do you think Law cutting clean chunks of people and other stuff it's because of his swordsmanship?

His devil fruit is what allows him to cut people like that.

No, he obviously uses his fruit together with the sword, but he couldn't cut Vergo before. That's what Haki does, protect you from DF's effects. He overcame Vergo's Haki with his own Haki.

Yes, I like it.

Don't listen to them user. Dressrosa is a very good arc. Just don't try to make sense of Birdcage too much.

That's just so wrong. How can you be so dumb? Just read the fucking series.

It's excellent for the story.

mingo maintaining the peace, what's traguy been smoking

Dressrosa is great, but what the fuck was Oda thinking with the Birdcage? It's like he can't finish the arc if something doesn't put the island in danger, but Doflamingo being able to destroy an entire island full of strong people and even an admiral, all by himself? Fuck the Gura Gura, Blackbeard should have gunned for the Ito Ito.

Has there been anyone who went full Giga Nigga mode and DIDN'T get their shit pushed in?

By peace he meant the status quo

>That's what Haki does, protect you from DF's effects.
Holy shit son. Armament Haki is a general defense/armor boost that also raises attack power and can bypass Devil Fruit intangibilities and allow you to hit someone's true body. It does not protect you exclusively from DFs.

How would you feel if some force came in after the SHs left and took down the BM Pirates? Whether it be the Marines or Blackbeard, since those would be the likeliest options.

How do you know he used Haki?

It's pretty likely it will be CP0 or Black Beard.

>Doflamingo being able to destroy an entire island full of strong people
He can't though. All he can do is trapping them to force them to defeat him. Oda needed a reason for the people to not leave the island and help each other instead.

Fujitora could have defeated Doffy if he tried.
The reason he didn't is because it would look far worse for the WG if Luffy did it instead.

Urouge Round 2 let's go

>La Grande Madre i came for payback

It's not just haki, user. It's sword quality, df, swordmanship skills, strength AND haki.

Saying that haki is the defining factor for most fight is just plain wrong. There was actually 1 or two fights like that at best since the timeskip.

Cracker had superior haki than Luffy. Still lost.

>suddenly luffy wants to fight muh stronger opponent after running like crazy

lol

I'm fine with that.

I know, but it was introduced in the series to neutralize DFs

It wouldn't make sense otherwise

Well he can't run forever. Gotta step into the plate if you want to play with the big boys

None of them were able to break the birdcage, meaning that none of them would be able to break Doflamingo's regular threads.

>to neutralize nerf Logias
ftfy

Doflamingo isn’t made of threads

Birdcage isn't regular strings. It's what's dumb with the Birdcage. And none of them actually tried to break it anyway.

One thing you could say to explain it is that Birdcage strings are too heavy for Doflamingo to use for something else than a slow and stationary cage.

It's interesting I haven't seen too much complaining about this being a nothing happened chapter.

Maybe next chapter? There is no OP chapter next week right?

You don't have to run face first into enemies to wanna fight strong ones, Luffy is crazy and hot headed, but he isn't suicidal.

checked

LUNAMI!!!

and Zolo

>There is no OP chapter next week right?
Are you dumb?

She looks amazing in any outfit. I want her to be my waifu.

No. I already saw the rumors this week. I keep hearing there is another break. Relax.

I don't mind Haki but I hate how it looks. It's ugly as fuck, just imagine both sides in the final war with everyone going full nigger mode. everyone is going to use black haki, then someone is going to block with this own black shit, what's the point?

the only thing oda did creative with haki is G4

fight me

also awakening is fucking lame if it only affect surroundings

I think BigFather is awakening

G4 isn't haki based.

Haki isn't there to be creative. But Katakuri using his advanced CoO in combination with his DF power to trick people into thinking his DF is better than it is. That's creative.

This post is so wrong it hurts

>G4 isn't haki based.

Do you think Smoothie ever asked Big Mom to get her a wife instead of a husband?

It's not haki based at all. It's all about his rubberness. Him covering himself with haki is just an addition.

You guys are very stupid.

Bege's baby gonna get all the Big Mom neigh-invulnerable autist genes. Calling it now.

EVERYONE GIVE LUFFY YOUR HAKI!

>everyone going full nigger mode.
This is always the default shitpost regarding Haki and it’s literally retarded.

A whole two people have ever done it. It’s not common. It never will be.

>none of them actually tried to break it anyway
Well, Dressrosa became a little more retarded now, but I was pretty sure that the blind Admiral tried to cut through them.

You have more? I should save this for my phone background.

It's just a self-transformation like Gear 4.

>but I was pretty sure that the blind Admiral tried to cut through them.
Fujitora barely helped

Chapter when?!

that's just the firetank symbol

You are really comparing inflating your rubbery muscles with air and transforming into a castle? G4 isn't a transformation. His castle is.

>awakening is fucking lame if it only affect surroundings
I think it depends on each power. There are DFs that affect its' surroundings by themselves, like Blueno's, Law's, Bonney's (well, it affects other people, but it wouldn't make sense to use it to affect surroundings, maybe use it to repair stuff?). I think the awakening would be different for each fruit.

Nice. Thanks.

Luffy is using his fruit powers to transform his body into something it naturally is not. Bege is doing the same. Since "castle" and rubber are two widely different things, of course their transformations are going to be different in the end.

It would make sense if that were his awakening. While it makes sense together with his regular powers, it also looks too much like a power up. And being able to turn into a living castle makes sense as an extension of being able to stuff things inside your body.

They are both inherently different user. Luffy is just adding air in his body. Bege become something else entierely.

Not him, but this is just retarded semantics. Virtually everyone refers to Luffy’s gears as transformations/forms/whatever.

The whole point of awakening for Paramecia and Logia fruits is the ability to alter the environment around the fruit user unconnected from the user itself. Doffy turning buildings he's not touching into strings. Katakuri turning a whole sub-dimension into mochi. What Aokiji and Akainu did to Punk Hazard. Potentially everything that Crocodile is able to do. Zoans are the only exception we have so far regarding awakened fruits, but Luffy and Bege do not have Zoans.
Bege is not creating a new castle separate from his body. Luffy is not creating a Gear form separate from his body.

It could be, I wouldn't be suprised if at least one of the other supernovas managed to grab it during the timeskip.

It's not always that though. It's non-canon, but Tesoro was designed by Oda, and his Awakening just expanded his range of control and also allowed him to use his gold as a sensory network

Blow air into body -> use CoA to compress body -> bounciness increases dramatically.

CoA is required to use the technique. He doesn't get super bouncy magically.