Did Sup Forums like the Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVAs?

Did Sup Forums like the Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVAs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4tRr2eF_ERg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not enough time. Not enough characterization. Too much stuff left out.

I liked them. Basically fanservice for people who played the game and an advertisement for people who haven't.

You just want to talk about VC4 aren't you?

Not my original intention but I would prefer to talk about VC4 on here than on Sup Forums

>VC4
>Nao Touyama with argyle leggings
PC pls

Did Sup Forums go full retard again in the VC threads?

I love the cat ears

>Release the first game in steam
>Franchise gains a revival in the west
>This leads to a remaster for PS4
>New game incomig
>Not for PC
Explain this shit fucking elevens.

Never watched them sine I kept hoping VC3 would get brought over to the west one day

>When a video game gives you a dog

It'll happen once a western release is confirmed. It happens every time. Only game that still needs a PC confirmation is SK Peach Beach Splash.

>Implying the PC version won't come out after they churn out all the DLC.

Yes.
>muh moe
>muh magic
>muh silly uniforms

They obviously gonna release it for PC but their current high priority is the console launch and they feel not ready to announce it for PC.

desu most of early vc4 thread on Sup Forums when it's announced is mostly pc pandering even though they gonna announce it on pc like gta5

The VC3 OVAs are the only good piece of animated VC material.

I really prefer the In-game animation
youtube.com/watch?v=4tRr2eF_ERg
>proper anime never ever

I would say the episodes dealing with Isara's death in the anime were pretty good too. Or at least handled better than the game did.

>those costumes
tfw VC is dead

I really wish those animated cutscenes were available somewhere without the psp's resolution.
Maybe when they remake the game we'll see them in glorious 1080 if they decide not to scrap them for in-engine cutscenes.

This is true, but only because game Welkin gave no fucks.

Yeah, they were fine. They were true to the game.

That shiba inu looks disproportionately large and off-model.

All three of those aspects have been present in VC since the beginning. What the fuck?

Sauce? Normally I can find these things easily but imagesearch doesn't work on crops.

Shitsurakuten 2014-10

Jesus christ this looks like early 2000s tier shit

Right down to the way the fansubs look

In a good way or bad way?

In a bad way.

Reminder that Imca is best girl

danke

Be interesting to see how the new tanks in VC4 turn out. In VC1 the gallian tanks were sort of generic, the imperial tanks were a mix of not!german designs and weird stuff like russian interwar tanks.

The tank in the trailer is quite obviously an early model sherman, despite the giga tracks. I'd expect more US and maybe british designs.

Is anyone else a little worried about how soon VC4 is coming out? Has this been in development for a while or will this be a rush job that kills the series?

Since 2015. It does kind of look rushed though, the graphics are worse than the first game.

Agree, it's clearly model after Sherman.

>that drive wheel

Sniper Hat is Maaya Sakamoto and already confirmed for best girl

She's kind of a weirdo, but I like it.

>lactose intolerant = weirdo

Why are petite girls with big weapons so amazing?

Oh yeah, I should probably finish the game one of these years.

Exactly.

>Since 2015
Well I guess I shouldn't be too worried content wise.

How far are you into the game?

Chapter 7. I was pretty into the game until my PSP controls started derping on me.

I like how the ova went out of its way to kill vyse again

He wasn't killed, just wounded.

>Play Valkyria Chronicles
>Amazing gameplay, story's okay, good enough to stick with me
>Playing VC2
>Utter garbarge, ruined gameplay and a story even worse than the shittiest anime romcoms

How could this fucking happen? It's been years and I still don't get it. How is this shit getting a VC4 after the utter fucking disaster that was VC2? There's no way VC3 was good enough to revive this utter garbage.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who legitimately enjoyed VC2.

>Did Sup Forums go full retard again
Doesn't that question answer itself?

>There's no way VC3 was good enough to revive this utter garbage.
VC3 is better than VC1 in almost every way.

>There's no way VC3 was good enough
Oh but you're wrong. At least imo. So far VC3 is my favourite VC game that's only held back by it's hardware.

>That feel when zooming in real close for a head shot

Is it still Japanese PSP exclusive? Been a long, long time since I last gave a shit.

Sup Forums is still losing it's shit over the fucking cat ears of all things.

Still Japanese exclusive unfortunately. Still hoping for a HD remastered PC release someday. There is a fan translation that exists though.

Darcsens smell bad.

Id rather a full remake. The games a blast but there only being a handful of tiny recycled maps is murder

they did nothing wrong you fucking racist

Fuck off imperial scum

>Using a sniper other than Marina
>Using one of the dude snipers

...yes?
I need my VC.

This isn't what I asked for.

Daily reminder the first Valkyria game is overrated and has the worst gameplay and balance in the entire series.

Daily reminder that the sequels brought autistic waifufags into the equation so any fan of the original is no longer welcome.

But best girl was in VC1

Balance I'll give you, but 2 requiring you to have a certain amount of randomly distributed items for every single unit in order for them to change class makes it objectively the worst. Avan is terrible too, but that doesn't really affect gameplay

Looks like Dies Irae anime.

3 is supposedly even worse for poor gameplay decisions.

Not really. Better animation quality than the original VC anime, but the plot was detached from everything and pretty stupid. Just like the original show, they missed the pragmatism and strategy the games emphasized, while fucking up the characters. Like, Kurt halting the platoon to have hearty lunch while knowing their allies are pinned down and about to be slaughtered? Don't be retarded. By the way, you shouldn't eat anything right before going into battle, because it makes stomach wounds more dangerous, no leader worth their salt would make such an elementary mistake.

>Implying Avan is not better than flowerboy Welkin

Implying the best waifu wasn't in the first game

But Selvaria fags are the most autistic of them all

You are not autistic though. is however.

Here he come, the waifu fag trying to start waifu wars. Get help.

Literally wrong

>not using Catherine
>using Marina the edgehog

>use Catherine
>she chokes when you're on your last order and needed to make a crucial kill

>Using an old hag that was too slow to save somebody

How do I get into this franchise? I can read a little bit of moon if not all of them are translated. Are these titles all standalone stories/plots or something?

Play 1, skip 2, play 3, wait for 4 like us.

Start with the first game that's been remastered on PC or PS4. The stories are mostly standalone but starting with the first is still the best course of action.

the first one is a game and has an animu that created a love triangle because i dunno it seemed like a good idea at the time. best version is PC version, you can run that shit/downsample at a beautiful 4k.

then it went to handheld with the two sequel games with the third one having never even having a translation. well, okay, there's a fan translation patch, I think. it tried to appeal more to the japanese audience which meant of course 2nd was set in japanese highschool and the 3rd involved ridiculously giant pizzacutter weaponry instead of trying to maintain any kind of aesthetic or technological consistency with the first game.

and then there's Azure Revolution and WE DON'T TALK ABOUT AZURE REVOLUTION.

Nah, 3 is actually the best balanced of the three games. You can't fucking Scout Rush everything, Tanks aren't overpowered death machines, the fencers from 2 are nerfed as hell and enemy intercepting fire is actually a legitimate concern when moving around.

The only problem with 3 is the smaller maps, but it's easily the best. Of course, there are the Ultimate Skills of the two main waifus and how overpowered they are, but we don't talk about those.

>the 3rd involved ridiculously giant pizzacutter weaponry instead of trying to maintain any kind of aesthetic or technological consistency with the first game.
And the first game had a behemoth ship. That runs on land. That has a giant fucking lance on it that shoots lasers.

People give Imca's sword a lot of flak, but time and time again, the game makes it a point to show just how utterly fucking useless it is. And it actually works best when she just uses it as a Grenade Launcher/Rocket Launcher.

Freakin hilarious for her to pew pew with it as a pistol in the engineer role though

Vc3 has been fan translated and its not that bad.

To be fair, VC2 was set in a military academy. While most of the students were young, not all were. There was also a pretty plausible reason to set it in the academy.

>shitting on based fencer class
Real life WW2 had swordsmen cavalry charging tanks.

>involved ridiculously giant pizzacutter weaponry
Only one character uses it. And quite frankly, I don't see how it's any different or less absurd than the Laser Lances that the Valkyria use.

Plus, the game kind of drives home the point that the freaky pizza cutter is kind of useless and the character using said pizza cutter is a retarded jobber. Still really cute though.

>love VC3 to pieces
>VC4 is set in the same time period as 1 and 3
Please tell me we get cameos beyond "pre-order to use units from other games"

I know it's not set in Gallia but the VC3 cast at least all leave Gallia anyway

The Poles? That was propaganda, they just used horses to move infantry around because they lacked enough trucks.

Also VC2 had the best Valkyria and a more juicy cast of characters compared to the first game.

>the game makes it a point to show just how utterly fucking useless it is.

>one weapon can be a machine gun, rocket launcher, mortar, a fencing sword and a sniper rifle
Yeah, man how useless

>best Valkyria
>braindead, irrelevant, depth of character is non-existant, no tits

I love Aliasse

>a more juicy cast of characters

Other than the reverse trap and the dude from the empire, I could not tell you a single non-main character from 2 and I played it last month

>and a more juicy cast of characters compared to the first game
VC2 gave all of their characters actual roles in the story with character interactions and miniquests and they were STILL less memorable then the VC1 cast.

>VC3 didn't have a 3P end

Maybe, maybe not. At the very least, the Nameless are more likely to interact with the Feddies since they kind of go off the grid in the ending of VC3.

In-universe, they note how impractical Imca's weapon is. Imca even had to get help from Isara to make it slightly more functional. Hell, Imca built that weapon to kill Selvaria but she literally swatted her off like a fucking fly when they finally fought. In-game, it isn't any different or stronger from the other weapons other than the novelty of it being a weapon that changes form depending on Imca's class.

That's just, like, your opinion dude. I haven't played it in a while and I can still recall the entire class.