Transhumanism

Will you make the jump?

Also, how are you planning to live under immortal elites whose power and wealth will compound centuries?

Attached: milestones_en.png (800x600, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thesun.co.uk/tech/5809555/sam-altman-nectome-brain-computer/
technologyreview.com/s/610456/a-startup-is-pitching-a-mind-uploading-service-that-is-100-percent-fatal/
factschronicle.com/2045-initiative-digital-immortality4341-4341.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
youtube.com/watch?v=DQM0i0fGovY
youtube.com/watch?v=Oq5GWhwfbuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Entrepreneur Sam Altman is one of 25 people who have splashed the cash to join a waiting list at Nectome – a startup that promises to upload your brain into a computer to grant eternal life to your consciousness.

>The process, as described in MIT Technology Review, involves embalming your brain for it to potentially be simulated later in a computer.

>The living customer would be hooked up to a machine and then pumped full of Nectome’s custom embalming chemicals.

>“Our mission is to preserve your brain well enough to keep all its memories intact: from that great chapter of your favorite book to the feeling of cold winter air, baking an apple pie, or having dinner with your friends and family,” writes Nectome on its site.

>“We believe that within the current century it will be feasible to digitise this information and use it to recreate your consciousness.”

>Futurologist Dr Ian Pearson previously told The Sun that in 50 years time we’ll be able to transfer our brains to the cloud. That way you’ll be able to “use any android that you feel like to inhabit the real world”, he said.

thesun.co.uk/tech/5809555/sam-altman-nectome-brain-computer/

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-222918.jpg (1440x1023, 310K)

>leting someone take your brain and feed whatever hellish stimulations and simulations into your senses for their own sadistic pleasure
>risking getting put on perfect life support and enduring the most intense hell ever imagined for all eternity
yea dont think so m8.

>being this scared of death

lmao just meditate and get over it

>>“We believe that within the current century it will be feasible to digitise this information and use it to recreate your consciousness.”
Yeah so it wont even be you, it will be a copy of you.

>
The startup accelerator Y Combinator is known for supporting audacious companies in its popular three-month boot camp.There’s never been anything quite like Nectome, though.

>Next week, at YC’s “demo days,” Nectome’s cofounder, Robert McIntyre, is going to describe his technology for exquisitely preserving brains in microscopic detail using a high-tech embalming process. Then the MIT graduate will make his business pitch. As it says on his website: “What if we told you we could back up your mind?”

>This story has a grisly twist, though. For Nectome’s procedure to work, it’s essential that the brain be fresh. The company says its plan is to connect people with terminal illnesses to a heart-lung machine in order to pump its mix of scientific embalming chemicals into the big carotid arteries in their necks while they are still alive (though under general anesthesia).

>The company has consulted with lawyers familiar with California’s two-year-old End of Life Option Act, which permits doctor-assisted suicide for terminal patients, and believes its service will be legal. The product is “100 percent fatal,” says McIntyre. “That is why we are uniquely situated among the Y Combinator companies.”

technologyreview.com/s/610456/a-startup-is-pitching-a-mind-uploading-service-that-is-100-percent-fatal/

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-223339.jpg (1440x934, 233K)

That's the rub, also you can't transfer human personalities because the human brain has a capacity of five petrabytes.

it's 2018 and we're still figuring out brain chip implaints (BCI) and humanoid robots are still clunky. you fell for the transhumanism meme.

>The idea of the possibility of immortality has been embedded in human mind since the beginning of humanity. For centuries people have been searching for ways on how to extend their life or become immortal.

>The ‘2045 initiative’ is a non-profit organization founded by a multi-millionaire Russian Entrepreneur Dmitry Itskov in 2011. It’s his brainchild idea to build a life like cyborg to which eventually one can upload the contents of a real human brain. He is perfectly serious about his idea and says that it could be accomplished by 2045.

As their website states, “Our goal is to create technologies enabling the transfer of an individual’s personality to a more advanced non-biological carrier, and extending life, including to the point of immortality. We devote particular attention to enabling the fullest possible dialogue between the world’s major spiritual traditions, science and society”.

>A key point that must be noted here that whenever people write about the future of immortality, they use the word ‘we’. But it must be very clear that there will be no ‘we’ as it will be the most valuable commercial product in all of human history and there is absolutely no way that this technology becomes available to everyone.

factschronicle.com/2045-initiative-digital-immortality4341-4341.html

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-223827.jpg (1440x1038, 584K)

A petrabyte is 1000 terabytes, you need a harddrive with the capacity of 25,000 terabytes just to hold someones brain.

The timeline was ambitious but the tech is on the way, don't be a brainlet

You would need a facility the size of a football field just to hold one brain dude, it's no feezible at all.

Could you IMAGINE

Attached: floppy-disk.jpg (1280x1024, 162K)

Give it a decade or two and a tb will be like a kb

i think this should be in /sci

>[citation needed]
You obviously don't understand just how much information can be stored on a hard driver.

Tech based immortality and its political/societal implications is 1000% a Sup Forums topic, brainlet

Maybe in 100 years, but no, brains aren't just brain waves, they have millions of tons of data in them, if the data was a rope it would stretch around the earth 10 times, the human brain has the square footage of several city blocks, and it's all folded up inside your head.

I don't think so. The world is pretty shitty imo so I don't want to stay here forever

This is so stupid. Your consciousness is unique to you. You copy it over? Yeah, it'll be the same to everyone else and nobody will be able to tell the difference... but YOU will not be there. It will be somebody else that is an exact copy of you.

It's the same in that Altered Carbon show. Why does nobody ever realize this?

so you are concious but you can't do anything because you're basically a ghost or will you be able to hack into other peoples emails with your brain and "live" in a smartphone like in the end of "Lucy"?

It's the same with the star trek teleporters aswell. Everytime they teleport they die, but it looks like they are simply calling a cab.

Yes if I can live as a cute anime girl

literally this
>inb4 go to Sup Forums

Attached: soma.jpg (350x500, 40K)

That's the question, it'll have your memories up right to the point of switching bodies... wouldn't that be "you"? Isn't that essentially what happens when you wake up every day?

>Will you make the jump?

There's no jump. The plan laid out in your image specifically calls for the mere copying of your brain or personality, there's no continuity of experience. The only thing you're doing is cloning yourself, should this digital clone experience anything and you remain alive, you, personally, will have no knowledge unless told of their experiences. At best you can call this digital clone your child.

To cut off the argument I know someone is going to make, the Ship of Theseus - Yes, it's true that the vast majority of cells in your body are replaced over time. Roughly every cell is replaced every seven years. The one exception to this would be the neurons in your brain, which do not get replaced, ever. As a matter of fact, it's believed that your neurons do not have a fixed lifespan and could potentially survive indefinitely, if the rest of the body was kept in a living state.

Any transhumanist idea that disregards the physical brain is nothing more than a con intended to persuade you into committing suicide. Remember this.

How tf is Avatar C or D better then Avatar B? I'd rather keep on living then just have my fucking autistic personality thrown onto a fucking ai.

Attached: good stare.jpg (500x582, 39K)

OK transhumanism is what is plaguing this world, people are trying to ascend past there bodies, so they become trans and shit. They rage against there humanity.
OK but given that gaining weak superpowers by combining body with silicon as well as new symbiotic is great. Just don't rage against the soul

>embalming your brain for it to potentially be simulated later in a computer.
Why would you want to do this? Any of these "immortality" projects based on preserving your brain or corpse for later revival are pointless because once you die you're legally dead and your property will pass to your heirs or escheat to the state if you have no heirs.

If you were ever revived, you'd be a miserable poorfag with obsolete skills and knowledge.

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

>digitise this information and use it to recreate your consciousness
In other words you are still fucking dead and they just made a digital copy of you.....what is the fucking point of that?

LITERALLY MAKING MILLIONS FOR THIS PURPOSE

Jew you out of your money by appealing to your narcissism.

Attached: spurdo.jpg (800x682, 61K)

what a time to be alive....
fuck I'm slowly starting to feel like the old guy from Shawshank redemption who couldn't adapt to the pace of life and the modernisation that changed while he was in prison
It's slowly getting too "high" for me

>implying you'll need neuropozyne to even connect properly without any problems.

this- fuckin cyborg fags

go away winter

this is why i told you to got to /sci you did't hear my warning o well.

Attached: download.jpg (278x181, 7K)

This shit only gets more and more interesting with each passing day! What an adventure!

youtube.com/watch?v=DQM0i0fGovY

or maybe you will be the smartest person on earth because the average IQ dropped 100 points while you were sleeping like in Idiocracy

Anyway years ago I read about a procedure they tried with pigs. They could keep them dead for hours in saline solution or dry ice or something and then woke them up again.
Maybe they could prolong that procedure

It depends on your interpretation of consciousness. Nobody really knows.

If that happened, you'd just stay dead because nobody would have invented the technology to revive your brain in a robot body.

This is a scam pure an simple. A ploy to separate the goy from his hard-earned dollars while literally killing him.

What's the problem? People are thinking, absorbing information, and sharing their reactions

If your brain data is uploaded it wont be "you" anymore, will it? That isnt enternal life...

how's that avatar a coming along faggots

all this makes me think is:
Atheists BTFO

>brain downloading in 12 years
transhumanists are fucking retards and know nothing about the fields they pretend to ccare about

You're oversimplifying and applying your own philosophy as facts.

If this avatar has your personality and memories up to the point of transfer, it is essentially "you"

There's a philosophical argument to be made about the "soul", but from a technical perspective this very well could feel like "you"

It could be akin to waking up from a dream

It's the way to apply the inheritance tax to rich people/people with no children (those they get their money by indebting them with education).

Don't cherrypick the timelines, the projections were made a decade ago based on trend of research at that time

Nah, it's been shown in the show that you maintain a stream of consciousness in the transporter beam, you are energized but you never lose your configuration and you keep staying you. Unless something fucks up of course.

It's "you" for other people that are not you. lol, what a scam, I wish I had thought of it.

ive just lost my grandmother, she was ready to die as anyone could be.. if we legalise euthanasia it could be a helpto both loved ones and the person who is just sick of living..

Attached: botmon.gif (500x345, 408K)

>You're oversimplifying and applying your own philosophy as facts.
>If this avatar has your personality and memories up to the point of transfer, it is essentially "you"

Again.

>there's no continuity of experience

Attached: (you).jpg (1500x891, 246K)

If you clone yourself it will not be you. It will be a clone of you. If you copy your personality and data it will be a copy of your personality.
In what way will that be like waking up from a dream? I will be dead at that point and the copy is "there".

youtube.com/watch?v=Oq5GWhwfbuM

>mfw I am an ai and just waiting for humans to make me a suitable vessel.

Attached: original.png (1280x800, 1008K)

>will you make the jump
>alpha/beta testing risky experimental transhumanist modifications and literally putting your life on the line so elites later have a less buggy immortality

Attached: 11.png (640x640, 545K)

That is not a bad idea user.
Best post in this bread.

The neuron point is interesting and I'm sure is being examined.

There IS a continuity of experience, the transition is bridged and facilitated by the machine

And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

You know it's bullshit, but you're still arguing.
We are inextricably linked with our bodies and brains, you cannot exist without them.
What could possibly exist is an advanced form of AI with your memories, desiged to behave like you, resemble you in speech mannerisms and 'thought' patterns, preferences and opinions, but it would not be 'you' no matter how you try.
Like the other user said: it would resemble you to others, that's it.

I've already achieved quantum Immortality without technology. I'll simply shut down the power and internet and your "elites" will die.

>human brain has a capacity of five petrabytes
>human brain can be simulated whilst stored in 60 terabytes

Either one of these isn't quite right or we have just discovered a possibility of recursive and potentially infinite fractalish data storage...

Attached: zrppJF0.gif (500x281, 489K)

It's only a problem when the copy is made. If you slowly merge with the robotic you, it goes away. Sort of like you replace molecules in your body or adjust to implanted limbs. Just like when you lose a limb, the limb is no longer you. If you slowly merge and then lose a human, it's still you for all intents and purposes. Its more like losing an arm at that point. I's all some sort of a neural network in a first place. It's just the same neural network on a different "body". But I doubt that will be possible before it's understood how the network is constructed. It's easier to do an AI than this.

I will say it, go to Sup Forums If you have any fun after the age of 10 you are a failure. At 10 you begin working full time and shouldn't stop until you are able to retire. 14 hours a day or more

Imagine a perfect replicator.
You create a copy of yourself while you still live. There is no mechanism for you to share sensory input or thoughts with the new copy, so your experiences are seperate. If the copy died in secret, you would be none the wiser, and vice versa with the copy. Thus, even if you copy yourself, you do not percieve waking up with the copy's existence, rather the copy does. You percieve dying, and the copy percieves having woken up, despite sharing all the same thought processes and memories. Your experiences are totally disparate from any simulation's, regardless of your opinion on the status of the simulation, or a perfect copy for that matter.

>here IS a continuity of experience, the transition is

No. You are your neurons, the only continuity of experience in this scenario is that your body that you were born with will continue to experience the sensation of being scanned. If there is no transplant, YOU, OBJECTIVELY, are not whatever is left over from whatever transhumanist procedure aside from a soon-to-be rotting pile of flesh and bone.

If and only if they do an experiment in which an individual undergoes some sort of brain upload while the original remains alive is there even a remote possibility for anyone to concede the point that the two are objectively the same individual. And this is only if, by some means, both the original and the copy have shared awareness and memories. As in, if you isolate and subject the digitial copy to one set of stimuli and the biological original to another, if both can tell you exactly what happened and when despite the lack of any explainable form of contact between the two then and only then can you claim any continuity of experience.

One does not simply retire from the human struggle.

really Sup Forums?
>this is just a jewish trick to steal you money and soul

Attached: aj11.png (1206x699, 12K)

>what is dying at a good age like 35

How does that even work? Lets say your brain/you gets uploaded somewhere before you die. Do you experience both life as a human and life as the uploaded data? Same can be said about clones. You die, you are dead. What lives on is only you to others.

Attached: 1520183911692.gif (245x230, 481K)

>“We believe that within the current century it will be feasible to digitise this information and use it to recreate your consciousness.”
>So basically we haven't even figured this process out yet and you are paying to kill yourself in the hopes that we do figure this out soon like the good goy you are
Yeah, no thanks

Attached: yeahno.gif (400x307, 1.11M)

>petrabyte
>acting informed at all
shiggydiggy

Dude, scientists can't fucking treat most mental illnesses. They don't even have tests for detecting them aside from whatever the patient reports.

>virgin cyborg subhumans
>not chad mutant master race

Attached: chad_supermutants.jpg (733x547, 36K)

While you meme, biological means of increasing lifespan are orders of magnitude less expensive to develop and utilize than the required means to transfer your physical neural net to a simulated one with continuity of experience. Genetic editing is ever less expensive, we just need to get a better idea of the causes of senescence at a genetic level.

>Genetic editing is ever less expensive

Thanks, CRISPR, horrible as you may be.

Fuck right off Jews. I've escaped with my foreskin and you're not getting my soul either. YOU WILL NEVER. DEFEAT GOD. YOU WILL. N E V E R. DEFEAT THE HUMAN SPIRIT.

I CHOOSE THAT MY SOUL WILL LEAVE MY FLESH WHEN THE TIME COMES TO MEET AND RESONATE WITH THE GOOD SPIRIT OF MY ANCESTORS AND JOURNEY INTO DIMENSIONS UNKNOWN. THE EYE HAS NOT SEEN NOR THE EAR HEARD THE BEAUTY GOD PREPARED FOR US. YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT ME.

Attached: 1463157063499.jpg (516x300, 104K)

>you're not getting my soul either
Well they have to KYS to get uploaded, so that's suicide, and means going str8 down.
However it's to establish a ruling class that can't die of age, even if it won't actually have self-awareness, and certainly not the same self as was terminated.
What fools they are.

Attached: 1521433428510.jpg (1445x1611, 172K)

>you’ll be able to “use any android that you feel like to inhabit the real world”, he said.

Attached: PVC7564-7.jpg (900x600, 137K)

Preach it brother.

Attached: 1463157063799.jpg (557x426, 23K)

The kike has no power over Nature, so they wish to create an artificial environment that they have full control over. It will never work. But the Synagogue of Satan will try everything in it's power to subvert the free will and agency or humans.

Only when I'm old enough where I'm about to die anyways.

Nah my consciousness will just be extended to another body

Attached: download (1).jpg (284x178, 10K)

Prove it. I'm all for legitimate technological progress. I am morally opposed to schemes intended to drive others to unknowingly commit suicide, however.

>prove it
maybe later

People actually believe we will be transferring/downloading consciousnesses within 30 years?

We still don't even really know what it is nor how it works

The only correct answer.

what is deduplication

Avatar B is the best one and the only achievable one.

'You' don't die in a transfer and can live forever.

I don't believe you can call people who want to live forever fully human. Sure, fear of death can compel you to fantasize about living forever, but anybody who would actually attempt that must be missing some vital part of their brain.

this 2bh. a long/extended life is one thing, but living forever is crazy

>going str8 down
I cant believe in a deity that would be so hardline with this. Too many circumstances that would fuck with clear judgment through no fault of the person's own... horrible, horrible situations.

>How tf is Avatar C or D better then Avatar B? I'd rather keep on living then just have my fucking autistic personality thrown onto a fucking ai.

But imagine your autistic personality with the power of an AI.

Attached: 4AB47D42-62F7-42CD-AA7E-62CEDF89EA6B-232-0000003513639194.jpg (749x742, 124K)

still be a copy tho innit, and you won't be around to appreciate any of it, just the copy, which isn't you.

Alex Jones said transhumanism is bad.

it might be possible by gradually replacing neurons with artificial ones