Why is Jojo so full of plotholes?

why is Jojo so full of plotholes?
For instance, hamon is supposed to slow down the effect of aging isn't it? then why did Joseph seem to age normally?
also in part 4, why didn't Joseph use his stand to find out where Kira was?
does araki not go back and re read his work at all, or take the time to consider anything at all?

>Then why did Joseph seem to age normally?
He stopped using it normally and wasn't a master dedicated to it like both Lisa Lisa and Straizo
>also in part 4, why didn't Joseph use his stand to find out where Kira was?
I guess he was too old and senile to work with?

>2.93 MB

Araki is known for forgetting things and making things up as the story goes

I always assumed that any attempts to locate Kira with HP would be blocked by Daddy Kira. You know, the man who can control photographs.

They literally said it might kill him.

Araki is known for forgetting things, I don't know about but I think it's some sort of illness.

First EP of Stardust was already a plothole.

but the father existed in photographs, he didn't control them
when was this said. also, why would it kill him?

>why would it kill him?
Because Stands are vital energy and old men don't have much of that

Joseph aged normally because after his battle against the pillar men he stopped practicing it. He was never in it to be a master, just to beat Wham, Kars, and ACDC

Nigga at least bring up the MAJOR plotholes in Jojo.

Part 3 had Dio initially using Hermit Purple early in the series but was dropped completely with no explanation. There's also Jotaro jusy whatevering his way into timestop powers for no discernible reason.

Part 4 had the most egregious one in my opinion, where Josuke used Crazy Diamond to use Kira's freshly blown up hand to track him, when HE'S LITERALLY BEEN ABLE TO DRAG A PERSON BACK TO THEIR SEVERED LIMB LIKE HE DID WITH OKUYASU

>Because Stands are vital energy and old men don't have much of that
If the 1000 year old granny in part 3 can use a stand no problem I don't think that's an issue. I'm pretty sure it's just because he's senile.

The coffin?

Arguments in favor of him not finding Kira with Hermit Purple would make more sense if the part didn’t kick off because he used it to find Josuke

Not the same user, but yeah. That was a rather awkward plothole.

Because he doesn't give a shit about consistency. He always prioritize style over anything.

this, she had to have at least been 80 and her stand was far more powerful and draining than one that just took fucking pictures

araki officially BTFO

>Part 4
There's a reason why it's my least favorite part.

God damn, no wonder Araki ended up resetting the universe. He wrote himself into a fucking knot by the end of it all.

>Why did Joseph seem to age normally?

Because he's lazy and spent all his time boning down.

>Why didn't Joseph use his Stand

Because between straining himself to find Josuke and bleeding himself out to find an invisible baby, he no longer had the energy to use it.

Doing something once doesn't mean you can do something twice. He had one more use of Hermit Purple in him, and only the one use.

you sound just like araki, coming up with convenient explanations to fill in plotholes later

>having based part 4 as your least favorite
Fucking faggot

>Because between straining himself to find Josuke and bleeding himself out to find an invisible baby, he no longer had the energy to use it.
Josuke can turn tomato sauce into fresh tomatos, don´t tell me he can´t cure his oldman-ness.

He 'can', he just doesn't 'want' to because fuck his old man, his old man can stay an old man and rot with his deadbeat self.

Keep talking like that and I won't tell you about Marcy Playground's role in the finale of Part 8.

Because he wanted to age with his wife.
If he used, hamon to age slower, he would be like a 20 years old when his wife was over his 50s and so on.
Also Hermit Purple need a blood connection to make pictures.
He uses it with Dio that has Jonathan body, and then with Josuke, obtaining Angelo's picture.

>don´t tell me he can´t cure his oldman-ness.
Considering he can't revive the dead I thing CD has little impact on aging.

>Josuke can turn tomato sauce into fresh tomatos, don´t tell me he can´t cure his oldman-ness.

He can't do anything about someone aging naturally.

>being stupid is a plothole
Josuke totally could do that, but he didn't.
Not because he can't, but because he was too stupid/naive to bring Kira to his hand, or simply he just didn't think about it at the time.
Is not really a plothole.
Also same type of stand was forshadowed, and Dio's hermit purple is Jonathan body's stand.

>Part 3 had Dio initially using Hermit Purple early in the series but was dropped completely with no explanation
If you had a choice to use either ZA WARUDO or the lamest stand out there, what would you do

Use them both to make some kind of Stand-based Cerebro.

I don't know why the fuck Araki didn't use the most obvious missing thread: Star Platinum has no actual power and acts through sheer punching abilities.
What would the power of the Star be? Giving its user a wish, obviously. And Jotaro's stoic personality means he doesn't wish for shit, until the fight with Dio, when he wishes for a fair fight and thus receives the power that Dio is gloating so much about

What I never understood was why killing DIO saved Holly. If it got rid of her stand, why didn't it get rid of all the other Joestar stands?

And why did using the arrow on DIO give all the Joestar's stands while every other stand user's families don't get anything?

>why does a series when time and space gets prolapsed inside out has a couple of plotholes
Oh shit really how

Holly's stand was a nocive, underdeveloped stand.
She couldn't control it and it was only harmful to her.
That's also because, as Jotaro says to Jolyne, women of the Joestar family don't develop a stand naturally and needs to be hit directly with an arrow.
So once Dio's died, the stand just disappeared and Holly was healed.
Also that applies to every other family in the manga:
>Enya and J Geil
>D'Arby bros
>Kira and his father
>Nijimura bros
>Pesci and Prosciutto
>Pucci and Wheater

DIO used Hermit purple because The World was originally going to have the powers of literally all the stands but Araki bailed on that idea

Is "based" the new word for "boring"?

The biggest plot hole is WHY IN THE FLYING FUCK DIDN'T JOTARO TRAIN HIS TIME STOP ABILITY TO MAKE IT LAST LONGER?

How was it boring?

Barely anything interesting happens until Kira shows up.

>Dio is ded, time to relax and study some fucking dolphins

How did dio know what a "flight attendant" is?
Even tho he didn't know what a car is. not to mention that he was talking about a plane-related thing even tho he shouldn't know what a plane is to begin with

This is actually true.

Because Dio died, no reason to that until part 4.
Then after DiU he goes back to 5 seconds, which is reasonably the maximum for a human, both Diego and Jotaro doesn't go further.
Also 5 seconds is already a OP amount of stopped time, if Pucci didn't already start to achieve Made in Heaven when Jotaro threw the harpoon, things would have gone way different in the end of stone ocean

Why didn't he train himself after knowing that there's still dangerous stands in the world in part 4? Not to mention part 6

How do you think he travelled from England to Florida, and from Florida to Egypt? And maybe he made a lot more travels that we don't know about.

But babies, dogs and birds do?

He did though.
In the beginning of DiU it was half a second.
In the end, 2 seconds.
In Stone Ocean, 5 seconds.

That doesn't happen until after part 4 though.
From part 3-4 he's working with Speedwagon Foundation to find dangerous stand users, which would give him heavy impetus to train his time stop ability.

>5 seconds, which is reasonably the maximum for a human, both Diego and Jotaro doesn't go further.
Is there a source for that or are you just pulling Shit from your ass?

That's a better question. Who knows? Maybe you need to be 17 or a vampire to withstand the physical effects of timestop?
We know the real reason is plot.
Here's another possible explanation: Dio's presence affected everyone in Part 3 and enhanced their powers. This would be why a normal person can do timestop, why Holly's Stand is subdued, why an old woman would have such a strong power, and why Josuke becomes so weak afterwards.

Stands are literally the embodiment of your soul, the body has nothing to do with it. Also Araki is very fucking wordy with explanations so f that was the case he'd have just DIO saying it.

Then why didn't he know what a car is?

In Part 4 he uses the power of biology to fight the rat. I don't remember if he majored by then already.

Yet they brought him in to find RHCP

Didn't Okayasu get hit by the arrow at a different time from his brother and Dad?

Even then, what about Koichi's family?

Dunno mang, Joseph was very lively for a man in his fucking 60's.

Yes, Araki directly stated that the human limit is 5 seconds. DIO only got it go longer (and keep increasing it) because he had the body of a vampire that could deal with that. Diego in part 7 never goes above 5 seconds either.

So you're telling me that he was able to stop time for 2-3 seconds in a matter of what? Some minutes in part 3 but he traind for years to make it just 5 sec?

I thought Dio was able to use Hermit Purple because it was Johnathan's stand.

He didn't train, that's the point. That improvement amounts to the timestops we saw him do.

Source? Or I'll call that a ballshit

Read the manga, Jotaro and Diego don't go further, that's a fact.
He did know what cars are, he just says that they didn't existed when he was born
He was already a marine biologist, Koichi says that in the beginning of part 4
It was 5 seconds at the end of part 3, not minutes, what the fuck are you talking about?

when was that ?

And we go full circle to the original question, why didn't he train?

Too busy doing normal people shit, we already said this. And no, timestop isn't necesary against every damn Stand user.

>Read the manga
Show me where it was stated that 5 sec is a Max for a human body

He wasn't able to be dedicated to one woman, what makes you think he'd be able to dedicate himself to Hamon.

Because training won't remove the human limit of 5 seconds that he's stuck with. Time stop appears to be very taxing, and while he could possibly do it for longer, his body won't let him. Part 6 is after he trained it because he figured out that he'd need it again. He didn't think he would in part 4, so he didn't.

They wanted to find Red Hot Chilli Pepper by making hermit purple go into electric wires, not by making a photo.
Which they can't do, because it only works with blood relatives

>He did know what cars are, he just says that they didn't existed when he was born
I'm sorry, but explain this part a bit more

>what the fuck are you talking about?
The point is that he took like what? Hour? To figure how to stop time for 2-3 sec.

He uses it in Part 3 on a TV and then uses it to make a map of a town later (or was it earlier?). There's no such limit on it.

Ai, completely forgot about that.

>He used to be well built, but he's not even a shadow of what he used to be
Seems to run in the family.

>JoJo has a shit writing
In other news water is wet

Read the fucking manga.
Dio travelled across the world before going to Egypt, how the fuck do you think he met Pucci?
He sure had seen cars before he went to Egypt.

And we go another full circle to the other question: why didn't he train after knowing that some pretty dangerous stands exist in part 4?and specially part 6.

Yet he doesn't use it to make pictures of people, outside Dio and his son (which resulted in Angelo's picture).

>Because training won't remove the human limit of 5 seconds that he's stuck with
I keep asking for the FUCKING source.
I swear if you give me the source to this ball of shit I'll go on my way.
>Inb4 read the manga

That's some pretty fucked up head canon

Then why was he surprised by a car even tho he knows what a fucking plane is?

Just because the only time he uses it happens ot be on relatives does not mean he can't use it on others. Unless Araki states otherwise, no such limit exists.

That's just a result of change in art style. He's still canonically the same size (or really it's more accurate to human proportion later on).

This thread really made me see how much of shit writing JoJo has.

He did train, and he was able to stop for 5 seconds.
No normal human can go further, it's implicitly stated by Jotaro and Diego having a 5 seconds time stop at their prime.
>inb4 hurr durr nobody explicitly says that 5 seconds it's the maximum
And nobody says explicitly that humans can go further. Only Dio says it, and he is a vampire and also he was talking hypothetically, he never actually stopped the time for longer than 10 seconds (which came not from exercise, but from Joestar blood he took from Joseph).
So it's not a plothole.
Show me where he is surprised by cars.

He had other shit to do. Maybe he didn't want to fight anymore. Maybe he got lazy, like a normal human being .

Do you ask every person in the street :"why don't you exercise more ?" "why aren't you training ?"

Not him, but in Part 6 Jotaro mentions only having a maximum of 5 seconds during the fight with Pucci. You could say this is backed up later when Diego only stops time for a max of 5 seconds in Part 7. No idea about that body taxing shit he's talking about.

>Not using the god teir "I forgot".

DIO stopped time for about 11 seconds at the end of Part 3. His limit was increasing and he even gloated about it while standing on top of the ROADA ROLLA.

meh, i wouldnt call it "shit" if the world, characters and moment to moment stuff is good
its just that the plot is done on the fly and has the consistency of a wet fart

>And nobody says explicitly that humans can go further
And nobody said that 5 sec is the limit.
All you're talking about is a head canon

He's a vampire and his limit increased only one time, from 5 to 11 seconds after he absorbed Joseph blood.
There is no actual training in it.

I know, I just kid. It's a plebian opinion but I still think Stardust Crusaders is best Araki's art looked.

Pretty sure The World was originally planned to allow him to use the stand power of all the existing Joestars. It's pretty in-character given how jealous he was of them in part 1 and I can perfectly see Jotaro use some shitty one liner after deducing that Dio's timestop powers is actually his but had yet to awaken them himself.

There’s a theory that Jotaro can “copy” other stand abilities if he gets angry enough. “The only reason you lost was because you pissed me off” is why he could copy The World. This also explains why his time-stopping abilities get weaker as he ages because he’s not as angry anymore. This also explains the Star Finger bullshit he does because he got pissed off at Kakyoin.

Dio actually say that with training he can even stop time for 24/7

You too, senpai.
Nobody explicitly said that human can go further.
Yet the two human characters with time stop only do it for a maximum of 5 seconds.
So you have an headcanon with no clues, but I have an headcanon supported implicitly by the manga itself.
So there's no plotholes, only your shitty headcanon
That's simply retarded and the star finger was used with dark blue moon, not kakyoin.
And he doesn't use it again because it didn't be useful anymore

For reference, it was chapter 91 of SBR where Diego states his time stop limit.

His time stop went up to 9 seconds, and then increased to 11 during the road roller scene.