Scanlation thread. What are you working, Sup Forums?

Scanlation thread. What are you working, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

epson.com/Support/Scanners/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-DS-30/s/SPT_B11B206201
pastebin.com/THQjJtT7
comic-meteor.jp/data/elfwokaru/0043sp/_SWF_Window.html
comic-meteor.jp/data/elfwokaru/0043sp/books/images/2/1.jpg
comic-meteor.jp/data/elfwokaru/0043sp/books/images/2/2.jpg
telerik.com/fiddler
pastebin.com/6dkWNiKt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do I change hotkeys in Typesetterer?

New detective series to be released in Shonen Sunday next week. I'll surely check it out and hope it's good and if it is, I hope someone picks it up. But if nothing else, I'll resort to doing it myself with my little to no translation skills.

There is but one question which remains. That question is:
where is the CITY
you said there’d be CITY

Some doujin. By the way what are some good fonts for the traditional あああ いく? I already tried my hand with all the fonts I had but I'm tired seeing the same one over and over again. I need a breath of air.

The Seitokai Yakuindomo translation threads are looking for an interested typesetter to work on translations of Ujiie sensei's two older series, Imouto wa shishunki and Joshidaisei Kateikyoushi Hamanaka Ai.
Anyone interested should visit the Wednesday SYD translation threads.

Isn't that still in a buggy alpha?

>600 accounts registered at desertsnow.ch
>nobody posts a thing

I guess the JP raw scene really is dead
Why won't someone make a western forum or a tracjer where people could buy and upload raws?

>Why won't someone make a western forum or a tracker where people could buy and upload raws?
Because the Japs are shady and untrustworthy. See: the ongoing situation with this "Sho" mangaka.

At least they uploaded raws

There must still be some site with jp raws. Panda have some shitty raws of manga you can't find anywhere except on hentaidl/youbook. Thing is the raws on panda are the exact same on youbook but they don't have their watermarks. In the other hand, youbook always release the manga before it hits panda so obviously they don't leech panda and slap their watermark. So I assume they must use the same source but I have no idea what that source is.

It's gotta be whatever the hell the re-haruka admin was privately inviting people into. There's no way that it could be kept secret for this long otherwise.

We already have that, JC24.

There's mangamura, nanaichi, dropbooks.se, dlbooks.to, doujinantenna and a lot of shitty blogs

>I'll resort to doing it myself with my little to no translation skills
Please don't.

No, these shitty 900px panda raws are from some public site and way before the whole fiasco

It has a shitty forum engine, is down every second day, gets spammed by russian bots, the admin and mods don't give a fuck, nobody buys a thing there

Basically if you search for 無料 エロ漫画 or 無料 同人 you will find a lot of pirate sites and one of them has to be the original source

It's not like I'll be uploading the serious scanlation or anything. Just my rough idea of the lines on Mangahelpers for anyone to check if they want to pick it up.

>ページ数 197PAGE
>ファイルサイズ 37.99MB

Does anyone have a working ebj ripper? Mine was working a few weeks ago but must have broken since then.

>unwilling to pay $20 for a tank + shipping
>willing to spend 20+ hours (minimum time required for speed scan quality) translating and editing a series
Y'all have weird priorities. Japs can't even scan manga properly anyways

I'm wiling to do both, but I think the greater issue is trying to keep up with magazine releases.

When you're a hikineet with literally zero income you don't have much of a choice.

You could be translating one of those free webmangas

>masochistic enough to clean shitty magazine raws
>unwilling to wait for tanks
some people's epeens, I swear.
The most popular series that people can't wait for are simupub'd by a proper publisher.

Any tips for QCing?

I honestly feel anxious trying to look for something that might not even be there.

>I honestly feel anxious trying to look for something that might not even be there.
It literally can't hurt to point things out and question them unless you're working with huge faggots that probably wouldn't appreciate criticism of any sort in the first place.
I say you shouldn't worry about it.

it's better for you to catch something than a reader to catch it. You have an important role

Lately I'm only translating my favorite artists' doujin and h-manga. They usually have decent to good raws but sometimes you encounter into 1200/1500px and heavily compressed raws so you need to clean all those fucking artifacts without destroying any details and it's fucking frustrating. It takes a fuckton of time, you know most readers are plebs that don't give a shit about it but your standard/autism and appreciation for the artist forces you to do it anyway.

I want to start scanning stuff. What printer do I have to buy?

Canon CanoScan lide is alright and cheap. Epson is more expensive but better.
If you can just get a scanner instead of an all in one, a standalone scanner is better.
Don't forget to buy a matte black contact paper to help prevent bleedthrough.

A Xerox machine

epson.com/Support/Scanners/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-DS-30/s/SPT_B11B206201
Is this one okay?

Feed scanners like that are really meant for documents and not images.
Unless the technology has made an incredible leap in recent years (which it has no reason to, in this case), you won't get very good results from it.

>$20 for a tank + shipping
I don't think it costs that much, but either way I'm glad I learned how to use scanning services. I just have to buy them used and the total is like 5 bucks.

My local bookshop sells tanks for $12-$15.
Not sure of exact currency rate.

That's worst case scenario. As you said, it usually doesn't even cost that much.

I assume you updated ff recently.
The script is still working, but the latest firefox update broke greasemonkey. I switched to tampermonkey and the script runs fine on chrome and ff.

I switched to Tampermonkey too, it's still not working for me. Before I was able to replace the deleted function prototypes but now it shuts down the reader if I try that.
Any chance you'd be willing to share your script? I think it's probably a different one than I have.

pastebin.com/THQjJtT7
This is what I have.

Thanks a ton, user. This is pretty different from what I've been using, I'll see if I can make some changes to mine based on it.

Yours must be pretty old them. The one I use was posted here in August.

It's fairly old but I've just been updating it myself as they changed the reader so I never bothered getting the ones posted here. This was the first time it took more than like five minutes to fix so figured I'd ask.

Would be cool if there was some kind of universal addon to dump canvas images.

is there any tool to extract from flash readers like comic meteor's?

You can use Fiddler to grab direct links to images, they aren't encrypted or anything

Example:

comic-meteor.jp/data/elfwokaru/0043sp/_SWF_Window.html
comic-meteor.jp/data/elfwokaru/0043sp/books/images/2/1.jpg
comic-meteor.jp/data/elfwokaru/0043sp/books/images/2/2.jpg

And so on

>Ai-sensei

Into the trash it goes

I've got some free time, I'll swing by the thread on weds and see what's up.

Do we have a comparative list of them? I only remember one user comparing two services.

It makes me sad as fuck at the poor English translations that many manga end up having since the proofreaders seem like kids. I've tried to help out but I cannot find any group to join to help on proofreading

Good proofreaders are hard to find. Have you ever volunteered to help?
Actually, I could think of something right now that needs a proofreader.

>translated 5 chapters of a Seiga/Pixiv webmanga
>not sure what to do with them
>not even sure how to title the damn thing

Toss me whatever you need proofread. I've got 8+ hours to kill a day due to an injury. [email protected]

that time I screen shotted 5 30 page chapters then edited them down to single pages...when this method existed...

Still better than rotating/cropping scanned images, isn't it?

what is fiddler?

that's some dedicated brute force

yes, rotating badly aligned pages and cleaning page dirt is a fools errand
but the images are only 837x600

telerik.com/fiddler

But I see the URL format is the same everywhere, if you're not dumb you will be able to figure out direct links for images yourself from what I posted

here have a best girl

Yes, OMD.

You still have to do it for PUBLUS reader

also, Pixiv reader prevents direct links, so you have to save the image as a URI.

The ESL groups give no fucks about proofreading. See: Mikakunin

I hope you enjoy getting your email filled with spam. Sup Forums gets crawled by bots like nothing else.

Nothing. Wish I had a TL.

God I fucking hate ESLs. There's nothing worse than reading something that's being translated by a good group which then gets dropped and picked up by an ESL one.

>tfw ESL

I used to do this stuff back in the CS3 days. I came back to TL a chapter of a manga I found when CC 2018 came out.
You guys have it so fucking easy, I swear.
The Content brush, content-aware fill, and spot healing brush are fucking amazing.

Also, I have no fonts. Fontmasters, where do you get your fonts from? I'll post some examples of what I need to replace

I'm ESL and I own a scanlation group

I know a couple
their series tend to have higher grammar and cadence error rates

Based on this image, I think I'm going to need a normal font, a bold font, a bold serifed textbook-like font, an EXTRA-BOLD, a yamato-damashii font , a cursive font, a handwriting font, a ``sickly'' font, and I'll probably manually draw the writing on the lizard's belly.

>inb4 typeface

Wild words
wild words for everything

wew
I've seen this around a lot, but why does everyone on Sup Forums seem to insist on making the typesetter's job insignificant?

meant as a bad joke.
the right font can change the entire mood of a page.

>came in late for the 30-minute window

>837x600
dedicated AND desperate

probably dumb too
>837x600
that sounds wrong.
Let me guess, you did a screenshot of your entire monitor and cropped it in Paint.
The right way to take a screenshot is to expand the comic reader to full screen, open up the Inspect tool, turn on Responsive Mode, and change the resolution of the virtual display to the resolution of the image.
If you're not stupid, you can figure out the resolution of the image.
Then you take a Full Page Screenshot from the inside of the responsive mode view.

what tools allow that level of configuration?

Firefox and Chrome.
Firefox's works better. Chrome's screenshot produces a blurry image.

too late here as well

Well yeah, no shit.

you still around, anons?

yeah

not same user but grabbed it when it was up
pastebin.com/6dkWNiKt

Thank you, user-sama!

Why the fuck the artists are compressing their images so much?

>ask an artist a question in a private Twitter message about an old magazine serialization
>ends up adding me on Steam

finishing RDing 3 chaps for one of my projects. Won't have to redraw again for it until around mid december. Yay progress.
For every chapter I finish though I promise someone else I'll help them with their project :(

Anyone translating Kenichi Muraeda's Red? It's about a satsuma musketeer(?) who was afraid to commit sudoku so he fled to the western frontier instead

I thought the idea was kinda interesting so i wonder if anyone wants to pick that up

Anyone ever get a sudden and massive disinterest in scanlation? I've been doing this for nearly 4 years and suddenly I have literally 0 interest to read or scanlate anything. I don't think I'm depressed or anything since I'm still having fun with a bunch of other things.

Please help me I have 4 projects to typeset.

do you particularly like the series you're typesetting?

If no, that's your problem.

I love everything I work on, but I just dropped a project that used to be my favourite. Maybe it's something to do with that.

Is this the place to beg for translations?

not if you don't plan on contributing cleans/editing help

I feel your pain

On another note, does anyone here know a great site to find French scans?
I got a French translator interested in helping me.

There was t411 (private torrent tracker) with a large number of french scans (official and fan translated). It got recently took down but yggtorrent is considered to be the official replacement so everyone moved there. As of now it does have 1475 entries in the manga category but it could have some dupes or even h-manga.
Now if you want up to date fan translated manga, you should go to batoto or manga-lel.
With those three sites I assume you should find what you want, unless there's a french goddess that I'm not aware of but it would surprise me.

libgen has a lot of French mango rips, when it works

>where do you get your fonts from?
I pop into different groups to help out and absorb fonts from them.

>tfw have to work on an almost 70 page doujin and the translator gave me the script in psd format
it's better than nothing I guess

I still want to know where the CITY is
you're running out of time