How is your country portrayed in anime?

Is it accurate or is it stereotypical?

>Turkey
???

>is your country portrayed in anime?
It isn't.

>Balibago Angeles City
Holy shit I used to live here. I didn't even notice this.

Turkey is in Hetalia.

Eden of the East is great at that sort of thing.

pretty hot actually

What country? I'll bet I can dig up something.

Lithuania. Hetalia is cheating and its portrayal of countries isn't accurate even on a meme level.

We are gun loving badasses that comes to the rescue of Japan. Also apparently they love our new president. IDK if this is a good or bad thing.

Japan loves Italy and it's been extensively portrayed in both accurate and inaccurate ways

Alright, there's an episode of Gosick where it shows "Beelzebub's Skull" which is supposedly in Lithuania in episode 16.

You must have a lot of free time user.

Read Gunslinger Girl.

impressive

Monster had some turkish stores.
Hayate mentions turkey too.

It was in some episode of Code Geass, I think...

Except for the weird insertion of some spanish elements with the bullfighting arc, Michiko to Hatchin is a frighteningly accurate portrayal of Brazil, which should comes a no surprise since Sayo Yamamoto came down here herself to make sure shit was accurate, but it's still impressive. I can earnestly recommend this anime to anyone interested in hueland.

Other than that, eh, we sometimes get Brazillian characters in anime, which comes as no surprise since Brazil is the number one country in terms of japanese immigrants so our culture brushes more often than most people would assume but I can't remember any other anime that took place in Brazil. Akiba's Trip The Animation had a reference which was hilarious, but other than that nothing comes to mind.

All I needed to find is the image since I've just recently watched the series.

>Brazil

I guess we appear from time to time

Usually completely irrelevant so its whatever

Shoukoku no Altair

>Sweden

Nah. For some reason Japan loves our eastern neighbours though.

Considering we get westaboo Japs making pilgrimage to Newfoundland because of Anne of Green Gables, I would say we've gotten a pretty flattering portrayal.

Traitor!

uma delicia

Thanks football

>tfw no anime Seattle

Michiko e Hatchin takes place in Not Brazil, or at least part of it does.

They let Argentinians lead the soccer teams in Uruguay?

Are people in Sweden usually this hot?

I'm pretty sure I've seen anime with episodes in seattle but I can't recall them for the life of me

Quite well.

You guys literally have a whole anime dedicated to you airing right now. The manga is infinitely better anyway.

This is a flip witch (mambabarang instead of mangkukulam).

A Canadian who actually knows about Akage no Anne for once. Usually I come into these threads to see your countrymen saying there is no anime portrayal of Canada not realising they have one of the best anime of its decade set in their country.

The Cotswolds in the UK.

>anime backdrops are based on scenic areas here
>character walks down a street based on one town
>walks round a corner
>the background changes
>they have apparently teleported 20 miles west to an entirely different village

Gets me every time.

Swedish people are. Not people living in Sweden.

There's a difference.

When I was a kid everybody flipped with Mewtwo being in one of the chilean islands. I guess that's as far as anime depiction of my country go. Moais don't count.

Every TD is South America sans Brazil is Argentinian.

To be fair I'm certain half of the "Canadians" on Sup Forums are chinks from Torotno or BC.

>Country
Forget Country, my hometown wound up looking rather nice.

Though the river was shown as being all dried up for... some reason.

Speaking of Hetalia and Philippines, I'm still really surprised that that country has not appeared in that series given it had a pretty big part in the Pacific Showdown in WWII and all its ties with Spain, USA and Japan. Though with how cancerous the fanbase is, I'd actually be scared to see what would happen if it ever got a character represented in it.

accurately

>Philippines in Hetalia
Nope. DO NOT WANT. The fucking fanbase would legit explode if this happened.

Japan thinks all brazilians are black and like soccer.

You aren't?

Koro-sensei goes to Brazil in Assassination Classroom.

Holy shit.

I don't watch hetalia but Im curiosu as to why

Gigantic Formula portrayed us with surnames from our eastern neighbor's language, and Hayate no Gotoku showed us speaking our western neighbor's language. Not to mention 90% of magic circles in existence using our alphabet, but with the artist slamming his ass on the keyboard and putting in the result.

Negima got our language right though, for the most part.

Yes, I am. But I could be white too. It's not like Brazil is an african country.

I've seen a lot of references to Ayrton Senna in 90's manga. Nips really used to love this guy.

Philippines is already a popular OC that's been long speculated in Hetalia fandom and if a character that represents it suddenly appears, and regardless of what happens, they will be mad at whatever happens because either 1. it does not correspond with their fanon. 2. The character looks different from they originally though.

I also just want it to die out because it's basically just tumblr at this point.

Is Canada ever depicted?

It's not much different from the US, but i'm curious

Dick status: MUH

See and There was also a secondary character in G Gundam (Who was actually relevant to the background of one of the lead supporting characters), and a while set in Britain there was a background character from Canada in Little Witch Academia.

I only saw The Netherland referenced in Hayate. You'd think there would be more with the Dutch living on Dejima.

I remember an image being posted that shows a lot of countries with a character portraying it.
Monica Kruszewski is Polish, according to this.
Haven't watched Code Geass but is it a man in the anime? Because the ending ski says that it is.

She's a woman, but don't expect Japan to get gendered surnames or articles right.

Yeah like all the Finnish girls in GuP have guys names.

Or maybe it was intentional?

I'd bet on mistake, it's very rare for them to get it right. (English authors often get it wrong too, though.)

>nobody understands East and West Slavs have different forms of surnames for males and females
>Slavic girls in manga always have male surnames
I mean it'd be fine if they were Croatian or something but they usually aren't.

Still the best American in anime

Now imagine what they do with things like masculine/feminine/neutral and singular/plural adjectives.

Another Lithuanian here, getting out of bed, downloading this anime just for your question

Just out of curiosity, how do naming conventions work in your country?

It's usually just a different suffix I think, like -vic/-vna in Russian or -os/-u in Greek.

>Flipland
>anime
Horseshit,Flips do barely get any attention. Not that i'm complaining though,we have our own fair share of traits but whenever someone talks shit about us some of us gets easily assblasted,spamming MUH Pinoy Pride bullshit instead of ignoring them

Oh, Greek does it too? Interesting.

That gave me a good laugh.

As it should be.

that lithuanian here,
that opening barely shows anything about Lithuania. That building dosen't exist, nuns don't look that.
Not sure how much of this anime is fictional, but pretty sure noone got strategically bombed by bi-planes in 1914.
Later on in the episode it looks like it's some Bavarian architecture with visable mountains in the distance(which dosen't exist here).

>Norway
Apart from Hetalia (cheating) and (very briefly) in Vinlandsaga I can't think off shit

Medyo accurate OP. Kaya lang mali ang posisyon ng steering wheel sa kotse.

Interestingly, it seems if SEA shows up in anime, it's usually the Philippines or Singapore. Malaysia and Thailand are very rarely mentioned (about the only Malaysia "appearance" I can think of is selamat pagi). Indonesia gets a handful of mentions (seems to be a popular place for MC dads to work at for some reason) but almost never an actual appearance. Any idea why?

Muslims beheaded some 11s, Go figure.

>Thailand
>Muslim

If there is one thing I can be sure of, is that my country has never been and will never be in an anime.

>loud, violent and obnoxious
>often having dark skin
Pretty accurate I'd say.

I c u

>my country
I don't care about some illusionary limits placed by the hands of fools.

I'm a citizen of earth officer I don't obey your laws!
>gets arrested

>Hungary
Is there anything besides pic related and hetalia?

transsylvania is in hungary, isn't it?

This and Otoyomegatari
Genderbent Atilla servant from Fate series

there are quite a few
there is this dude from Digimon

The japs don't like us much so I'm just happy we get acknowledged at all, even if it's rare.

and this Witch, but I am not sure if she counts (cause after all, she is from not Tyrol)

No, Romania.

There's the main love interest of Ginban Kaleidoscope who's from Quebec.

>Main Love Interest
He's a ghost.

We don't eat watermelon in new year, fuck off

He's a dead main love interest.

aren't your country full of sand nigger now? what's the difference?

Why do you always ask the same question?

That's why you don't have luck

Is there anything of Denmark? Haven't stumbled upon anything myself. We only appear on world maps but we don't really get any mentions.