>best waifu
>coolest design
>nietzschean moral theory
>interesting political goals
>so strong he had to be defeated by bullshit time limit
>will try to coup hell now that he's there
>still weirdly popular among fucked up women

He was badass.

I'm still waiting to see an anime villain that surpasses him.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14475072
thetoptens.com/best-anime-villains/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/thread

Watsuki

>threading your own post
That's just sad

I still don't understand how it's "The Ten Swords" unless you count a bunch of people who don't even fight.

/thread

>wah, i want mexicans in our side of the border
>best villain, i totaly agree xDD
The absolute state of nu-Sup Forums

Shishio would tell the weak to go fuck themselves and die. If they keep existing, they'll jsut breed more weakness.

no

I hope you aren't serious

>Commie
It's shit

Can all the Nietsche edgelords and Marxfags fuck off already? What's next some fag going "only a Sith deals in absolutes"?
"Strong eat weak meat" and "muh why don't poor people get things they want" are two sides of the same retarded coin and the worst part about Shishio was his over-reliance on the former. Civics-minded villains when?

I still don't understand why the majority of literally every tournament arc in literally every anime or manga gets offscreened, but there you have it.

Take a backseat, amateur. A real nigga's stepped up now.

his author

All this woman did was win and win even when her body was fucked up in the process. The only thing she didn't accomplish was getting Stein to give in completely to his madness and honestly that's just a ticking clock. It's a shame the anime didn't do justice to how much of an evil cunt she really was.

>>nietzschean moral theory
Literally wrong.

O

Is there a better villainous love?

love this meme

O

Watsuki

Kakihara

because why do you want a villian with a agreeable ideology

>Created by a pedo

Most of what people agree with is wrong.

>pedos have good taste
>more news at 11

>"To protect the weak, who deserve to live."
Why are people calling this communist? It's a type of meritocracy where Meruem decides an individual's fate based on his merits, which is a departure from his "strong dominating the weak" mentality but far from an "everyone is equal" world. He says a "fair" world, which the current world is not.

Hell, the leader in the picture, the kind of "trash" he wants to rid the world of, is based on the dictators of Communist and other regimes who live in opulence on the backs of the people.

This
Inb4 im a latino

Until everyone gets strong user....wtf

*their merits

Basically, it was as Netero said: he was trapped between ant and human, wanting to dominate other lifeforms and wanting to see value in them.

Half his evil team of elite assassins were complete wastes of panel time. This manga had its good parts but it really had a problem of just making shitty antagonists for unimportant fights, like the 4 identical chinese jobbers.

>pedos have good taste
Shishio proves you wrong.

He really did nothing wrong. And in the end? he fucking won. Japan ended up adopting his ideology anyway.

>ctrl + f
>Squealer
>Phrase not found

Obligatory reminder that the villain of this manga most people don't even realize they're the villain.

is so good*

And then they lost.

For the longest time I thought he took a million hits and just crushed everyone, but rewatching it turns out that he takes pretty much no damage from anyone the entire fight until Kenshin is revived. Then he's hit with the 5 hit combo, Kuzuryƫsen, and the Amakakeru Ryƫ no Hirameki all in succession. Makes his takedown of everyone seem less impressive.

>Makoto, the evil guy has, a cake waifu
>Kenshin, the good guy, has a underage waifu

Did you not read the manga? There's a text blurb that says that that's the whole point, Kenshin's ideal of a nation of peace only happens after Japan actually tries adopting Shishio's model of might makes right, then finds out what happens when you apply that idealogy to taking on someone much bigger and tougher than you.

17 isn't really underage, especially not for that time period, and his first wife was even older than him.

Kaoru turns 18 during the Kyoto arc.

how do you figure

"Might makes right" is one of the few idealogies in literature that has actually been consistently tried irl, and has shown to be a successful idealogy if you happen to be the toughest guy around. It's just that it's a belief that is prone to getting you murdered.

Whats is the age gap between Kenshin and Kaoru

Not him but 11 years. My parents are 14 years apart so it never seemed wierd to me.

>cake
She'd had quite a few bites taken out of her before meeting Shishio. Not that it matters; any woman who will die for her man is a keeper.

11 years.

Yumi is legit a great character.

Watsuki

>Im so glad i won't be arrested!

They had cool concepts, though.

I agree they were too weak.

I love Yumi.

She was fucked up, but her love for Shishio was sincere.

"I frankly am a monster behind these bandages. The fact that Yumi never left a monster like me is proof that she loves me for who I am."

Was Shishio in his prime as a manslayer stronger than Kenshin in his prime?

Yes, but Kenshin after finishing his training is stronger.

No, not really. He only got bullshit powers after they BBQ'd him. When they were in their prime Kenshin would wipe the floor with him any day.

The only guy tougher than Shishio in-universe is Hiko, who is so tough that Watsuki has to have him not fight to avoid him always winning instantly.

Kenshin in his prime is kenshin after learning the ultimate attacks, and he was technically weaker than Shishio when they fought. Kenshin won, but he didn't defeat Shishio, Shishio defeated himself.

>Kenshin in his prime is kenshin after learning the ultimate attacks, and he was technically weaker than Shishio when they fought.
Kenshin hit him with fifteen consecutive strikes, each of which would have been a lethal blow, and Shishio was completely unable to evade or defend against them.

His voice actor is weak desu, lacks charisma.

>strawpoll.me/14475072

Well he was the Yugi-oh narrator

She was loyal to him until his death

A true waifu is a waifu for laifu

I love this sort of final boss fight, where both combatants are just so fucked up by the end of it that it's less a fight and more of a struggle just to stay alive.

This is retarded, he's saying he's gonna do the same thing as pretty much every human society except it'll work because he has superpowers

Every human society has a dictator who determines the worth of every individual?

Did they ever go into how exactly they met? I'd really like to read about that.

Rurouni Kenshin: To Rule Flame

Why did the trap even think she had a rivalry with Yumi? She has clearly won.

freeza and shishio are my favorite shounen villains.

>Man litery says on open coms, "I am the enemy!" when Feddi troops don't even know where or what the enemy is.

Alpha as fuck.

The only anime villain who surpasses him are Sosuke Aizen from Bleach, Bradley and Dante from FMA.

Only Orochimaru from Naruto comes close because he wanted to be the next Six Paths Sage after being rejected by his own village because they wanted a Minato to be Fourth Hokage.

See this is why I had faith in the Hokkaido arc. To Rule Flame showed Watsuki still had it.

They're the only unrepentant evil villains in Shonen aside from Elder Toguro from Yuyu Hakusho.

Actually, he was aware that he was an inadequate warrior and lover compared to his peers; monologues this while fighting Kaoru and Misao. He was just extremely devout to Shishio anyway and likely just had that attitude to cope.

I don't know this character, but it sounds like a gay one done right.

Aren't we forgetting someone?

Never because Anime sucks at Civic Minded Villains. The closest we got are ego maniacs with massive messiah complexes like Madara, Obito, Ywach, or suicidal mass murderers like Zeref.

Washizu
>made Japan recover from its post-war period
>with his intelligence, can see decades ahead in future; has left Japan while it was piling up victories in WWII, having foreseen Japan's defeat
>with his contact network, uses soft and hard means to further his business
>with his intelligence and money, he's reached the peak of success, controlling Japan from the shadows, money and success can't satisfy him anymore, so he goes insane at the realization that talentless youngsters will eventually live longer than he will
>very eccentric, very selfish, very sadistic

2007 because of the Anti Spirals. They did nothing wrong and realistically whatever alliance the Spiral races came to would break down due to greed and lead to the end of the universe.

>cute
>sexy
>smart
>entertaining
>sadistic
>manipulative
>loving (in her own ways)
>sinks a whole country
>actually achieves goal she's meticulously planned out
>gets away with EVERYTHING she's done
>inarguably one of the most atrocious characters, yet treated like the lovable heroine of the story

Just what humanity needs, a communist super ant mutant, couple of jews and fat chink kiled millions, imagine what this fuck would do... equality hem, how will he get the salmons to eat the bears?

Washizu is the best thing to come out of anime and manga

this (((guy)))

I'm watching this again for the first time in over a decade. I just finished the episode where the Suppongatana attack the Aoiya and they make all the jokes about the gay/trans character (it's unclear). All I could think was, they really couldn't get away with that now. It feels so naive and dated.

Coach Kamogawa from Hajime no Ippo.

Anime still makes fun of gays/okama/traps though.

IIRC they actually respect the guy because they could understand him giving his life for Shishio.
They make cheap jokes at his expense, but they don't show him as a total joke.

And that's completely fine. Are we going to have sacred cows no one can make fun of now? The west pussyfooting about this bullshit has make entertaining and art weaker and less transgressive, and not the other way around.

*has made.

Well those are pretty cheap jokes anyway.
>you're gay lmao XD
Doesn't really make me laugh or give insight on anything.

I just want to note that the 5-hit combo at the start didn't hurt Shishio at all, it just kinda stunned him. I mean he gets sent flying into the air, but lands on his feet and shouts, "What? Is that it?"

I really hope all this shit from Watsuki doesn't kill the Jinchuu live action movie and maybe one day actually getting a BD remaster of the series because all we have is dvds right now.

They aren't meant to make you laugh but to make japs laugh, and japs find that "haha gay" humour hilarious for some reason.

Even after death she loyally stands by his side as he prepares his coup in Hell

I hate to tell you user, but there was no way they'd make the Jinchuu movie even before Watsuk got caught

Do you think he would have stayed loyal to her if he had won?

His looks is ridiculous, he looks like a palm tree. I wasn't never able to take him seriously.

thetoptens.com/best-anime-villains/