Secret S/a/nta

/ss/ thread? I need motivation, I haven't started on my cards so I thought I'd do some work tonight and hope my mandarake order comes in before December starts.

Other urls found in this thread:

usps.com/holiday/holiday-shipping-dates.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In the meantime I'll post old card stuff

Sure.

I haven't done much, just ordered my stuff which has taken forever to get here, luckily I have a lot of left over material from last year and only doing 4 cards so i'm not doing to bad, If I finish and send them out by December 1st I think it'll be fine.

Don't stop.

I'm just waiting until thread gets to page 9 to post if no one's talking yet

Is it too late to participate?

No, you just in time actually. For next years.

That's fine I guess

Fellow shitposter from the land of maple, I've got your white package. Can't wait to open it!

I needed the motivation boost too. Really need to make some card progress. I feel comfortable about getting them to my anons before Christmas, but I'd like them there a bit earlier so they can set them up and have them on display beforehand.
as if they'd be good enough to be worth displaying

>thread on a friday

Only Santa Loli should be making threads, otherwise we turn into a general and these threads get banned. Same shit happened last year when people started making threads on their own.

I don't make threads myself until after Thanksgiving, when to many people make threads themselves it gets annoying, but there were barely any threads this year and the Santa's were making less than usual too so I thought it would be fine, if you go to much trying not to make threads there just won't be any threads at all.

>ロリコン scarf

Thread not sanctioned by the santas. The santas are the only ones allowed to make the /ss/ threads since last year when random people were making them mods started treating them as generals and deleted them. Do not make /ss/ threads and do not bump/reply to threads unless by one of the santas.

last year was way worse than anything this year, which has been extremely quiet, I don't think you have to worry

I don't think santas have a lot of time to make there own threads, that's why they said this is the last year, and probably why they've been making less threads than was the usual in past years, If we don't take some action on ourselves we could see the whole thing disappear once this year is over.

>want to draw cards but have the artistic skill of an autistic 2 year old
I hope you like poorly drawn cards anons.

Just keep it simple and it will turn out okay

They didn't specifically state this was the last year either. stop pulling shit out of your ass. Let this thread die. They are the only ones to make threads, they are the organizers they are the ones to decide that no one else.

He has a point, if we leave everything up to the organizers, we won't have any threads.

It's fine if we keep it to the weekends, but the last one wasn't until sunday night.

they're the organizers and they take care of giving the assignments out, once that's done it's entirley up to everyone else to get their shit done and post how it's going, up to and including Christmas, Santa's can't post presents and cards, only we can, so we have to make sure that the motivation stays up so people feel like there is worth in spending time on this stuff with people activley making threads, maybe you haven't noticed but /ss/ has been extremely quiet this year compared to previous years and it's only going to get worse if we just sit back and do nothing whereas at this point in time in previous years we would have tons of threads already, I agree that it was to much and did a lot to harm the event in a lot of ways, but we don't want the opposite either, if we don't make any noise at all it will just get quieter and quieter until in a year or two a dies off completley, something I'm especially worried about if Santa says this is the last year so I want to do my part to keep this thing affloat.

Also I'm looking in the archive and can't find where he said this was the last year for him so maybe I misread, anyone know what i'm talking about or am I just crazy?

Because we had disagreements over the frequency of the threads. If you read the OP, you wouldn't feel so in the dark about it. The thread was gonna be tomorrow evening. I also stated that it's okay if people make threads as it gets closer to Christmas, as it's hard for us to make them over and over for every time zone, and for the constant posting of gifts.

Either way, you can all use this thread if you want to, but if it dies because the OP isn't a host, we'll just make one tomorrow too.

If you can read at all it was me saying last year with me as a main host, but I'm still not sure about it.

Just revieved this in the mail
user, if you're reading this the card is beautiful. I love it, thank you so much! The chocolate was also quite delicious
メりークリスマス !

>If you can read at all it was me saying last year with me as a main host
oh, I probably got confused browsing through the archive and read that thinking it was from this year, my bad

>people already receiving cards
>I didn't even get started on mine yet

I would suggest not wearing it outside if you visit Japan.

is that from this year?

no 2 years ago, still the nicest card I've gotten yet.

>every card I've made so far has ended up with wonky positioning and large empty spaces where there shouldn't be

Another repost for my Anons!

JS from MI I hope you like your gift and your card I'm not really good with ideas but I hope you like it

DL from MN I enjoyed making your card. It was kind of a test but hopefully it makes up for it with laughter.

BC from MA same goes for you~ Your card was really fun and I hope you enjoy it as well

I made sure to add most of the stuff you guys wanted to specifically asked for though I think I missed some stuff. Hopefully though you guys enjoy your stuff!

~K.S user

Santa said cards had really bad rate of getting received and posted last year but how much of that was just lost in postal you think? I sent a ton of cards last year and only a couple got posted, it makes me wonder wether they all managed to get to everybody.

I got those same cookies from my santa last year. I wonder if there was extra love (semen) in them.

If I send my cards within the coming week I wonder if that would be enough time for my anons to get them. They're going across the pacific and that's pretty far. I get the felling I've fucked up.

HS from ON
MS from NL
GW from MA

Have no fear, I'll be starting cards this weekend. Hopefully.

That would normally be a good amount of time, ussually last ship date before Christmas is around December 15th-19th, although postal becomes more of a shit show each year with lost cards and stuff

>tfw ordered all my main stuff through unregistered SAL
>tfw it all arrived this week

my city's comic expo has some christmas market kind of thing this weekend, going to browse around for any add-on stuff and then I should have this parcel mailed out sometime next week. Feels good man spent way too much tho

>The santas are the only ones allowed to make the /ss/ threads since last year when random people were making them mods started treating them as generals and deleted them

So why the fuck is there a neverending buyfag thread then?

O hope that's washable paint user. otherwise you'll have a blank glass after a few washes.

FFS SCARFANON. ANSWER MY E-MAIL ALREADY!

For US anons:
usps.com/holiday/holiday-shipping-dates.htm
I'd still try to stay at least a week earlier than the deadlines just to be safe.

Nice, just in time to disappoint them with my cutting and gluing different stuff together since I can't draw nor know how to shoop to save my life.

>mfw I already sent my /ss/ his present and got confirmation he got it last /ss/ thread.

Also didn't get cards out today as I had planned. Will try to send them out Monday.

Oh boy, I wonder who's going to get all of this.

Still deciding what edibles to make for my parcel though.

Can I have some stuff now?

No go home crossboarder

Get back in your Sup Forums bush you yellow tub of drunken lard.

What's inside

I forget, it wasnt mine

I guess Ill post some initials
M from Chile
JS from Canada
NM from England
IK from Ukraine
LC from UK
Congrats!
You are all GUARANTEED to be grinched If I was planning to send them, I'd say that Im done with all the planning (but still haven't picked out local goodies to send too) and that am really excited to get them sent out soon hopefully. Id say that I try to make my cards unique design wise, and that I mostly accomplished this with everyone but yours LC which is impossible to tell how it will come out just by the basic sketch.
But I wont say that. Because I'm grinching you all. Please do not look forward to Christmas (or the Dec 15th for you JS)

Threadly reminder.

Tsun tsun.

well since santa lolis ok-d it:

i would

SEND YOUR GIFTS RIGHT NOW

Got all the gifts in for my leaf, still need to work on the card.

k sent

That requires me to be home

How do I send something poster-sized?

At least i'm done writing what i'm gonna put in my user's card

Tubes.

Is it weird if I wrap my cards in christmas paper?

At least make an envelope from it.

>haven't started on the card
>don't even know what I'm going to write in it
At least the gifts are already here, so I can ship everything as soon as the card is ready.

I'll spend 14+ hours on the art for the card but still figuring out what to write in it is the hardest part. If I wasnt so socially autistic I wouldnt be here in the first place after all.

I'm just waiting on one more item for my recipient then I can send it out.

look up old cards for advice

user I'm sorry you got a fujoshi card maker who just accidentally drew nothing but hot drunk dudes on your card but I hope you understand there are only so many boobs I can draw that aren't attached to a man.

That's OK, but don't be mad when your card has cute girls on it.

>sign up for a $50-75 and $75-100
>spend $350 getting stuff shipped to me
>still need to ship it out

how... does one make that mistake?

I have some of those yellow envelopes for my cards. They are not the big kind, but they are slightly bigger than regular envelopes. Can I just write the addresses directly on them?

NG from OR i got your shit now and i'm gonna try and make a card and send it off on monday

MS from NL I'm gonna start on your card soon too, but might be later than monday

Don't worry, I list cute girls every year.

Drawing MCs drinking seemed like a good idea.

Ok but my stuff first.

Do you ever look at your gifts and think it's not enough? Considering what I paid for these (around 8000 yen, and I'm in $50-75), I'm good to go but it just feels so little.

Also I have fucking nine hundred boxes laying around and yet they're all too small, or big enough that the shipping price wil get bigger

three somewhat tangent questions on my mind, if an user would so kindly answer
1-explain the "no nendos"meme
2-I know /k/ and /toy/ (and maybe Sup Forums?) do /ss/- do any others do too?

That's why you sign up for low price brackets, I did the same the first year and got the same feeling, you feel like you have to stuff your package full of stuff to measure up without spending over your amount to much buy buying two $50 dollar figures or something to excesive, especially cause I coudn't afford it, I turned out okay in the end but now I just do lower tier gifts.

Nendos can be kinda of a cheap gift to get for some people especially if you sign up for a higher bracket, so one year an user, presumably after getting some Nendos the previous year that he wasn't to pleased with, asked for no Nendos from his santa who found his request and anger amusing and ample fuel to take advantage of.

>tfw want to give away amazon giftcards to anons but think that would be sort of an asshole-ish thing to do.

On the one hand I feel that gifts should be personal, but on the other, an user getting exactly what he wants through his own choice is kinda the same thing. Might have an extra $100 to finally do it this year and dish some cards out to between 4 or 2 anons.

When counting the overall value, should I go with what I paid, or what the items were worth when first released?

Then don't give him what he wants, give him what you want to give him

>bought things 2 weeks ago
>estimated arrival 27 november - 12 December
thanks amazon. Even the fucking shit from AmiAmi got here faster

No nendos was because __I already had all the nendos of the wishlisted characters

did you get different Nendos then?

Did you order something that was out of stock? I placed on order on Monday and it was delivered to me today in Burgerland.

We arranged in the threads for me to return the nendos and he sent something else, which everyone ignored in favor of pretending that "this is what happens when you don't like nendos"