Watanabe Interview

ign.com/articles/2017/11/24/the-many-inspirations-of-cowboy-bebop-director-shinichiro-watanabe

>IGN: Something I’ve always wanted to ask about after having watched the series is after Spike leaves the Bebop, what happens to Faye and Jet?

>Shinichiro Watanabe: [Laughs] Okay. Challenging question. I’ve never really clearly stated what happens to Faye or Jet in any official situation. What happens to them after Spike leaves the ship? Don’t also forget that in the last scene of the series, Spike could be sleeping.

HE'S ALIVE BAYBEEE

CAN'T STOP

WONT STOP

Old news that most people don't want to accept since Spike dying is the only "good ending".

I would ask you why you must ruin a good ending with your insistence that the protagonist must have survived, but frankly, at some point in the past two decades, I've moved on.

Like clockwork

Spike isn't dead because he got Charle's code.

this

Every time.

Space Dandy>Cowbow Bebop
Space Dandy OST> Cowboy Bebop OST
Dandy>Spike

sure, if you're a

>Watanabe interview on fucking IGN of all things
Way to live up to the stereotype that Cowboy Bebop is the quintessential Sup Forumsermin anime.

Its okay Space Cowboys. Let it all out, we truly miss him. But give Spike the last sleep he deserves.

I knew he was just sleeping all along

This

Space Dandy is amazing, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here and say some dumb shit.

His star falls I don't know what more you guys want.

I want to live in a world where I don't need to get cookies, a privacy policy and black friday horseshit in order to read the words of the man who inspired me through my childhood.

>IGN: Well actually, I’d like to quickly ask about that. Why did you decide for Ed to be non-binary and have no gender, or have their gender be ambiguous?
Faith in humanity changed from zero to minus zero.

Christ, I don't even want to read the article, but at least I need to know what he said in response to a question that fucking stupid.

I didn't read the article. Did they really say that shit?

>IGN: Yeah, there’s Ed as well. He - or Her - I’m still not quite sure...
>Shinichiro Watanabe: Its gender is meaningless, we don’t need it.
>IGN: Well actually, I’d like to quickly ask about that. Why did you decide for Ed to be non-binary and have no gender, or have their gender be ambiguous?
>Shinichiro Watanabe: I wanted to create a character that surpasses humanity. I personally think that he might not even be human, someone from outer space.

I think I appreciate the first response there more. Shows the extreme gap in perspective.

Yeah he said it in those words, and watanabe parroted exactly what the journalist wanted to hear.

I thought Ed was a girl?

Spike's deader than dead. Watanabe just likes seeing who falls for that blatant bait.

It's an alien so it doesn't have gender you cis scum

Ed is. Watanabe wanted to get out of there ASAP without IGN bitching at him.

Does Watanabe speak English well enough to understand what he meant? I'd like to know what Japanese for garbage like genderfluid is, or at least if they make fun of that shit or not.

Then he should have just called her a she.

She was a girl the first two times I watched it. I guess it changed retroactively, need to push that agenda and all.
This was btw the first time I read anything on ign, and probably the last.

If he did IGN would have bitched.

>Asleep

Wrong, this man is deceased

how is having a female hacker on steroids "problematic"

Languages other than English don't have a word for that.

That's probably just the polite way the Japanese say for dead.

A lot of words in English don't exist in other languages. Mostly because we just make up words on the spot every year.

Because IGN doesn't watch the show and thinks Ed is a genderless political statement.

The Japanese language is actually far more conducive to making up words than English is. Chances are that they were probably able to properly ask him the question, if they explained it.

>stupid reporter asks predictable, silly question
>FAITH IN HUMANITY LOST
grow a pair kid.

That's kind of my point. Non-binary used to refer to something like gender would probably throw a lot of people off in a fair few languages, it's interesting that Watanabe just ran with it. The guy's probably been pestered about it regarding Ed before.

Space Dandy is shit for stoner retards.

You can't spell ignorance without their letters.

Zankyō no Teroru is terrible

Samurai Champloo wasn't his best work.

Cowboy Bebop is a boy, and at his computer.

But who was data dog?

Post proof.

It's not predictable or silly when everything written in English has LGBT in every fourth sentence. It crosses the line of shitty journalism and becomes a political statement.

I wonder, does moot still browse Sup Forums?

You're terrible.

He is, but not as terrible as ZnT.

And you're a tsundere.

America should be nuked from earth.

I spent 4 seconds thinking about what anime this joke is from, before I realized I was thinking of the wrong island.

Absolutely everyrthing in the series points to Spike dying. I have no idea why Watanabe likes to pretend its ambiguous.

>It's not predictable [] when everything written in English has LGBT in every fourth sentence.
Your reasoning makes no sense to me. Wouldn't it be the opposite?

Not allowed.
If you do that, there would actually be peace on earth.

I love how he dodged the Ed non binary question.

because it is

LEAVE HUMANITY BEHIND

>I guess you could say I don’t think they’d get along very well
That's obvious but it would be way too fucking sad if Faye decided not to stay.

>IGN
how is this shit allowed here?