Boruto

What are your thoughts on the Boruto series so far?

They promised us peace from this garbage after the end of Naruto.
They told us that we'd only have to take this shit for a short while.
They lied.

the new characters are pretty good. some of the kids are blatant clones of old characters though.
sumire is interesting but questionable as an anime original thing.

boruto himself feels like naruto if he had parents, but he does things a little bit too perfectly. i think flaws are an important character trait for a main character and boruto has none.

its shit

It's shit made for kids that completely ruins the established Naruto universe /thread

>Sumire
As of the latest chapter, she's in the manga as well.

>manga

It's getting axed soon like the trash it is. Sale have been dropping steadily every volume.

Meaningless artificial cashgrab contuation of Naruto.

>It's getting axed soon like the trash it is. Sale have been dropping steadily every volume.
I want this to be true so bad but somehow I feel narutards are still buying this in droves

Very lackluster and generic, completely lacking any soul, just a cold commercial product.

Completely unnecessary not trash enough to really get mad. Anime has some decent fight choreography.

im five episodes in now. the movie was infinitely cringeworthy, but thats how it was intended, so it was pretty good. a suddenly peaceful world without need for mercenaries but still containing superpowers, its a good concept. focusing on the character development so heavily gives it a drama kind of feel, so it doesnt feel like a shitty continuation of naruto. really hoping it doesnt pick up on the action side, and continues to focus on the characters as they train. only thing that doesnt make sense so far is the lack of law enforcement. but i assume that will appear later in the story.

>really hoping it doesnt pick up on the action side, and continues to focus on the characters as they train
So you want for it to commercially die as fast as possible?
Good wish, I approve.

maybe i worded that poorly. i just want to see what its like for shinobi in the post-war age, its like a whole new world now, theres alot to explore

The anime is borderline sol which is fine and all but holy shit does it move slow and when there's any kind of conflect, it takes something that could be wrapped up in 1-2 episodes tops and stretchs it for several episodes. Not as bad as OP anime but still pretty bad.

>It's shit made for kids
yes because naruto was totally made for mature adults with high IQ such as yourself

It's cozy and fun. I like all the new characters and even the ones I hated in Naruto are mostly ok because they're minor characters now.

Sale data :
Dragon Ball Super #1 (29,995 / 30,361)
Dragon Ball Super #2 (16,687 / 151,433)
Dragon Ball Super #3 (17,280 / 236,720)
Dragon Ball Super #4 (28,139 / 245,884)

Boruto -Naruto Next Generations- #1 (19,705 / 372,314)
Boruto -Naruto Next Generations- #2 (23,069 / 290,008)
Boruto -Naruto Next Generations- #3 (16,004 / 280,159)
Boruto -Naruto Next Generations- #4 (22,195 / 222,467)

If they drop is consistent, it'd be around 100k in 3 more volume

The last chapter sums most of it up

Bland lead characters with uninteresting chemistry interacting with even more one note characters and a focus on some cheap life lesson. Kara has been spectacularly lame so far. It clearly is just plodding along, slowly building up to this Kawaki character and Boruto's exit from the village. The problem is the story is just too simplistic and underwhelming to really rouse any interest in sticking around for it's hook of the world going to shit. I wanted to give it an honest try but I can barely muster a care for any of it.

the characters are too generic and one-dimensional for a show about a world in peace

I watched sparserly and dropped when Denki got kidnapped, it's like they are trying to concentrate every trope each arc

No it doesn't, it's consistent with everything Naruto established and is also better than the last 200 chapters of Naruto. Oh, and the manga ruined itself a long time ago, which is why Boruto shouldn't exist.
Dream on, it's never getting axed. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Basically this. Kishimoto was tired and wanted to end the series early but Shueisha and TV Tokyo didn't allow that because it's a huge money source and now they are making the unnecessary sequel without him.

I'm enjoying the anime. The Manga is a load off trash though.

I hate how they gave Salad the worst mix of Sakura and Sasuke's personalities. She just looks constantly disappointed and exhausted at everything.

The girls looked like irl prostitute.

I could understand if it came out years after Naruto ended so it could get a new generation of kids into the series.
But no it just immediately followed on pretty much right after Naruto ended so it feels like the series is doomed to drag on forever.

Because they are

Something I eternally despised about the original Naruto was how he never seemed to grow out of his ass burgers. Everyone ended up just overlooking his massive social autism flaws and retardation because he became strong with the potential to and eventually actually saving them and the people they loved

Boruto has Nauro acting like he should have acted back in the pain act instead of keeping him the eternal retard

It's pretty good (only watched movie and half the anime though). But think I'll wait till there's a hundred or so new episodes then binge it and decide from there.

when did Naruto get gud at Elemental jutsu like the wall he used on Boruto?

The sol parts are fun but then the monster of the week appears and ruins it all.

You obviously haven't watched the latest arc of the anime...

>female friend comments about boruto having good character development and still has an expanding world.
>also likes to watch and talk about how great legend of Korra's plot is

yea...

>likes legend of Korra
Bet she haven't even watched Legend of Aang.

Only interesting character is snek boy and they stupid enough to not give him enough screen time...

She's right though, Boruto does have great ((character development))...

lol, such bait

This

Mizuki should have been main character.

Kawaki when? Anything actually fucking happening when? Goth Loli when, at least?

this gave me a good chuckle

When he housed all the tailed beasts.
He's skilled in every elemental jutsu now.

its dope