tieba.baidu.com/p/4933311239
tieba.baidu.com/p/5249108100
tieba.baidu.com/p/5264939133
pastebin.com/ch2Q259L
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's fucking gorgeous
Also Tappenshuu 3 by Arc 2 manga artist I suppose
Hope they finally do King's Game

Yeah, would've really liked seeing Roswaal too. But at least Beako is cute.

Hello anons,

I'm so happy to be with you today. I just want to share my love with you guys and Emilia-tan. I love all of you!

Every thread until Crusch-sama gets her memories back.

I really hope they didn't touch the beako content, but this is more than likely the last volume of arc 4 and I don't see how they can close it out without cutting half it :/

She knows he loves her. She doesn't know how much.
>this to be honest
But really, that's Rem's whole thing, isn't it? Personally, I think Ram actually looks better suited to the maid outfit than Rem. For some reason there's just something about Rem's design that has this endearing bit of slight awkwardness. In a way, she looks more like a girl dressed like a maid than a maid, if that makes sense. Sometimes I actually feel her school uniform suits her better, though I wouldn't say the same for any other character.

Translate please

twitter.com/yaseinoponkotu/status/934351130745643008

It's a list of stories. What's it supposed to be for?

I don't know, translate please.

They didn't dare touch scenes like From Zero and Reason to Believe so I think there's a good chance they'll not mess around with this one
I want to believe
As long as they don't get unforgivably retarded with the Elsa Meili fight going on in the background
>In a way, she looks more like a girl dressed like a maid than a maid, if that makes sense.
I can see that. She seems a lot more teenagerish most of the time. Ram just looks classy I think.

I'm not sure the guy is even using the tag right. It seems to be used to list ten of your favorite movies or something. This guy seems to have listed ten Re:Zero movies he'd like to see.

Well, can you translate the titles?

Wait so they are going to adapt the exact same arc, not the fourth?
What the fuck.

REM AND EMILIA BUCKS

those were just single scenes, though. the entirety of beako's liberation is iirc around 50 pages long. but hey,
>based on word counts, the summarizer is speculating that arc 4 still needs 2 more volumes to finish. it still has yet to adapt beako's liberation, emilia's second and third trial, the mansion battle (which will probably have changes since they know meili is coming), ram vs roswaal (which will also have changes), the sizable hare fight, and the epilogues/interlude. so yeah that's a lot.
maybe the rest of the stuff is so long that they just decided that they might as well make another volume and keep all the beako content?

text says that it has the world Petra saw and Rem ordinary happy day can't read the others,

The book could also end up being +300 pages long.

>I can see that. She seems a lot more teenagerish most of the time. Ram just looks classy I think.
Yeah, that's basically it. Even look at their Halloween art and you'll see that same contrast. Rem looks like a total dork by comparison. Same goes for the Santa Rem outfit. She looks awkward and inexperienced with it. It comes across as a relatively clumsy effort. And I think that's even part of the appeal in her personality.
Sword Demon Love Song, parts one and two. Ayamatsu, Kasaneru (Echidna IF), Re:IF (Rem), The Dream the Lion King Saw, Emilia's BD volume, Oni Sisters, a Highlight reel for the anime, and Re:Zero Highschool.

Then I hope they end the volume with a cliffhanger of Beako and Subaru arriving in sanctuary, do the rest next volume and add arc 4.5
Wait I thought those were already LN sidestories. Or is it a compilation volume?

>Or is it a compilation volume?
Tanpenshuu volumes have always been compilations.

since when did this got a short story too?
>no japanse scans

tieba.baidu.com/p/5450079501

tanpenshu was always a compilation volume of the monthly short stories

I just finished the EX novel and liked it quite a bit, it did a good job getting me attached to fourier even knowing that he dies. it gave excellent insight into ferris and how he felt about his abuse and how that relates to crusch. crusch was kept in the background, but I never found her character hard to grasp, and her scenes were good.

>“The dragon handles everything,” Fourier mused. “The kingdom’s harvests and safety. And the only one who can receive its blessings is a blood descendent of the first King Lugunica, who forged a bond of friendship with it. It all seems a bit too good to be true.”
>“Lion King” was a term for the first ruler to make a pact with the dragon—in other words, the first person to establish what was now the Kingdom of Lugunica. He had been called “the last Lion King.”
I'm very curious about this first lion king. didn't flugel have blond hair? I don't think it would be him though. speaking of the lion king, a reference is made to capella:
>“So you may say, Your Highness, but the blood has not run thin. It is a fact that once every several generations, a true master appears in the royal line. Two generations ago…”
if being the lion king does indeed give intuition to a correct history or something, then that makes capella seeking out rem interesting. iirc that wasn't specified to be an order from her gospel.

ferris's mother also apparently has goals not involving ferris that required her to fake her death. there's not much indication if she's acting with the guy from vollachia or if she's acting alone, or if she has a benefactor. maybe she's also pandora. so far, I've accused her, puck, rem, otto, priscilla, and louanna of being pandora. this is unhealthy. there's less insight into the immortal king's sacrament than I would have liked, but that's probably going to be more prevalent in EX2. I have a suspicion that it was echidna who made it.

>a Highlight reel for the anime
?

Well fuck my ignorance. So any chance they add new stuff like King's Game?

I sent them to remon, he said he'll do them asap.

A summary movie.

oh nice, did the other Rem art (xmas, halloween or school girl Rem) stories too?

I'm pretty sure there's just a story released at the Summer Festival every year or something.

>Ferris' mother is Pandora

I'm so fucking hyped, thank you translatorbro.
Hopefully other bros also read it and feel like discussing it at some point.

they certainly could have, even remon didn't know yukata rem was a thing.

maybe she set things up so that ferris could one day ressurect fourier and replace capella. if pandora is also reinhard's mother, then she's could be to create an army of children with blessings. who's to say she isn't otto's mother as well? a relative of otto's had dealings with the witch cult too.

Now that's good thread

Where did you buy it? Did you read it in digital or physical form?

you're definitely going to like it, there were a lot of moments between ferris and crusch.

I ordered it on amazon but I got too curious and downloaded it.
mega.nz/#!hSYzgS7Z!_kCw2I8W3jOQTa8j-l-LxgNLa5RU9NGgtrqrLYvll1s

ferris a shit

Is there an Epub version?

then ros could get his own volume cover! ... the bitterness keeps hitting me.

I couldn't find one, sorry.

who knows, my geuss they add the elsa one too and Rem/Ram 2 birthday chapter,

the other LN's adapted 20-23 WN chapters, arc 4 gonna end with this novel because Tanpenshuu 3 definitely add a new short story between arc4-5

It'll probably have Natsumi.

So did you cancel your order? Did you make sure that Jew Press didn't get money?

Yen Press deserves money for translating this, bro.

How was the translation quality?

>She knows he loves her. She doesn't know how much.
That was beside my point though
She knows he cares and he loves her, but she also knows that he doesn't want to tell her. However she saw how Grace made Roswaal say that he loved her despite it not being true, so she did something similar to force him to say it, as he might never told her otherwise.

>She knows he loves her. She doesn't know how much.
That was beside my point though
She knows he cares and he loves her, but she also knows that he doesn't want to tell her. However she saw how Grace made Roswaal say that he loved her despite it not being true, so she did something similar to force him to say it, as he probably would never tell her otherwise.

I'm considering cancelling, but translation quality was better then the actual LNs so I'm considering just getting it and giving to a friend for christmas or something.

That's a good idea. Make your friend happy. Give Yen Press money for a good translation. Just this once.

Thanks

This thread doesn't have enough Emilia

why'd you have to ruin it then

>implying you don't want her

No. She looks bland and like the devil herself.

no thanks, I'm not into 13 years olds

No thanks, I'm not into envy. Now Greed and Wrath, whew sign me up

What about pride?

dona a best.

As a daughter, sure. I suspect that when her construct is released from sanctuary she'll become one of Subaru's daughterus
A man of fine culture.

Hrm. I've noticed that the original Japanese tends to be written in present tense, while many translators convert it to past. Though I believe Summary user and some others left it at present tense. How do people prefer it?

IIRC in Japanese verbs do not have tenses in the first place

They don't work exactly the same, but they do have a past tense.

speaking of the cover itself, does anyone else find it a little lacking in impact? it's almost too happy. not enough "breaking the eternal contract" vibes.

Present. I think it fits better with Subaru's monologuing
I'm too caught up in how beautiful it looks but you're probably right. They can still just make some good illustrations to make up for it so I think it's fine this way

Is it LN or just fanart?

looks like fanart from the Subaru

speculated toc from baidu:
第1章 『復讐から始まり』
第2章 『ロズワール邸攻防戦』
第3章 『水面に映る幸せ』
第4章 『血肉と臓物まで愛して』
第5章 『次はきっとお茶会を』
第6章 『――俺を選べ』
第7章 『雪の顔型』
幕间 『それぞれの歩み寄り』
幕间 『エミリア陣営・魔人・精霊・精霊使い』
第8章 『月下、出鱈目なステップ』

yeah, I was too distracted by the flowers and just how sweet beako's expression and pose are, but now it's hitting me. they could have done a bit more with the background too.

very pretty fanart.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59936648

I just found a pretty comprehensive list of comic alive short stories:
2015年6月号 - フェルトちゃん、ゼロから始まる王選生活 (菲鲁特短篇)
2015年7月号~8月号 - カララギガール?ミーツ?キャッツ (卡拉拉基相关)
2015年10月号~12月号 - 王選前日譚、流血の帝国外交
2016年12月号 - オルコス領の赤雪 (猎肠者短篇后篇)
2015年2月号 - マイ?フェア?バッドレディ (男主女装短篇)(翻译完坑)
2016年1月号~2月号 - 王選前日譚、剣聖と雷光の銀華乱舞 (尤里,莱茵,菲利斯短篇)(翻译中)
2016年3月号~4月号 - 剣鬼恋譚 その後の二人 (剑鬼恋歌短篇)
2016年5月号 - 陽光、水面照らして (普莉希拉短篇)
2016年6月号~7月号 - 剣鬼恋譚 婚礼の日 (剑鬼恋歌婚礼篇)
2016年8月号~9月号 - 王選前日譚、青の継承者 (库尔修阵营短篇)
2016年10月号 - オルコス領の赤雪 (猎肠者短篇前篇)
2016年11月号 - レムの極々平凡で幸せな一日(雷姆短篇)
-
2017年1月号 - ペトラの見た世界 (佩特拉短篇)(占坑中)
2017年2月号~3月号 - 隠れ里の鬼姉妹Ex 祝福の日(双子生日祝福短篇)

I'll translate the titles in a sec after I track some of them down.

old

felt's election story from zero:
part 1: tieba.baidu.com/p/5165648214
part 2: tieba.baidu.com/p/5188269732
the world that petra saw: tieba.baidu.com/p/5036399091
reinhard vs cecilius: tieba.baidu.com/p/4933311239
sword demon's love song:
part 1: tieba.baidu.com/p/5249108100
part 2: tieba.baidu.com/p/5264939133

do you have the list in english?

> I'm very curious about this first lion king. didn't flugel have blond hair? I don't think it would be him though.

That's what I heard, yeah. Not sure about that though since I haven't read the untranslated parts of arc 6 myself.

From the first 2nd trial intermission:

> Echidna: “Yes yes. Now, about the parallel universes. If that last example didn't work... right. What do you think would've happened if Flügel hadn't been able to form a covenant with Volcanica?”

Isn't the contract between the royal family and Volcanica called a covenant too? That could point towards Flügel having been the first Lion King.

someone did long time ago a summary of the chapters

pastebin.com/ch2Q259L

From Arc 4 Chapter 6
>[Emilia: It isn’t separated out so distinctly, but as I understand it, Contracts are between individuals, Oaths are made when one party swears to another, and Pacts are agreements that transcend individuals, and transcend even Time… That’s how I was taught, at least]

Can somebody slow down and tell me where the fuck does Simba fall into this?

Read the EX.

Hey, since you have bought the EX from Amazon, how about giving it an review there? It doesn't have any reviews there yet.

That's Chicken's translation. user's translation (which is the one I quoted earlier) uses "covenant" too:

> Emilia: “There isn't that much of a difference in how you'd use them but, contracts are avowals
made between individuals. A pledge is an avowal directed from one person to another. Covenants are binding in a way that exceeds the individual and even time. Is how I think of them, since that's how I was taught them.”

flugel was already well known as the sage, though. I think we'd have heard about him being the "lion king sage" by now. although lugunican history didn't get everything right, since we know that at least the rest of the witches weren't remembered.

>Emilia: “There isn't that much of a difference in how you'd use them but, contracts are avowals made between individuals. A pledge is an avowal directed from one person to another. Covenants are binding in a way that exceeds the individual and even time. Is how I think of them, since that's how I was taught them.”
is summary's. so I'm wondering if the "covenant" is actually something magical like a contract or if it's more of a honor thing.

What the fuck is Lion King? First taking names from bleach and now taking names from western animation?

Read the EX.

But is Flügel still known as the sage nowadays (outside of 400y old characters like Petelgeuse or Echidna)? Iirc when the other characters talked about "the sage" they usually didn't say his name, and when they did they said Shaula (like in the arc 3 interlude).

> so I'm wondering if the "covenant" is actually something magical like a contract or if it's more of a honor thing.

Given the effects, I assume there's some magic involved.

something about echidna's thing with the dragon, her arc 6 chapter 30 backstory says this:
>扇動者と手を組み、天剣に戦場を与え、龍と取引きして、大願へと突き進む。
it's 取引 rather than any of the words emilia used (契約, 誓約, 盟約), which apparently means something more like "transaction."
>Echidna: “It's the same Volcanica. That dragon's power seals me in this tomb. The reason why Volcanica's done this, exactly as you've guessed, is as a deterrent against the WITCH OF ENVY.”
>Echidna: “The one who bound me to the earth like this was Volcanica—the Holy Dragon Volcanica. I'm sure you've at least heard of him before?”
she doesn't call it a contract in arc 4 either.

I got the feeling she didn't have much say in the matter, the dragon is sealing/binding her after all, so there's nothing like a contract between them

What the fuck is Lion King?
regulus jobber power

Can't wait for Subaru to fuck beako next volume

That'd be Lion's Heart (獅子の心臓 Shishi no Shinzō) or Small King (小さな王 Chīsana Ō)

i know, it was a joke but who knows maybe it's releated to lion king

Most likely not.

>Present. I think it fits better with Subaru's monologuing
Well, it's not all his monologue, but alright.

I think flugel's official title is "great sage flugel". summary translated the arc 3 scene using "great sage shaula", but it's actually just "sage shaula".
>"大賢人" is something like "great sage", and is Flugel's official title. The WN uses "賢者" in reference to Shaula. Sage candidate is "賢人候補".

what's even more odd is that the "transaction" seems to have happened while echidna's views began to shift as she became the witch of greed, so it should taken place before any of the satella witchfuckery happened. here's part of a translation attempt I did from a while ago:
>Joining hands with pioneers, introducing a celestial blade to battlefields, forming contracts with dragons, reaching toward her great wish.
>In any event, she would find the conclusion of her dream.
>In due time, the end of her vow would come.
>In any event, in due time, the fulfillment of her great wish would arrive.
>"To save, to save, I see the way to save ― I know the way to save."
>No matter how much she suffered, giving up her struggle would render it meaningless. Even if those pioneers vanished, even if that celestial blade forgot how to smile, even if that dragon were to vanish into the faraway sky, she would never give up.
so did she have two contracts/agreements with the dragon? one to be a deterrent to envy, and one for some other reason before?

>celestial blade
Reid?

>celestial blade
I think that's probably just Sword Saint.

definitely reid, but the characters for sword saint aren't used.

for reference, 天剣 instead of 剣聖.
>Echidna: “—Reid Astrea. I'm more than sure that he's been given the title of Sword Saint, but maybe that's not around anymore?”
seems to imply that the title of sword saint predates reid.

what does it feel like to stick your face here

Interesting, that supports the theory there's some sort of cycle going on.

it's soft and comforting.

so the its kind of like forcing an eclipse so satella can take form in the mortal realm?

there's a theory that the witches and sages are supposed to happen in a cycle, and satella and emilia were both specially prepared vessels for envy, which is a special witch gene. something went wrong with satella's generation, which is why all the witchfuckery happened, and so certain people want to repeat it for a better result with a new generation of witches, the sage, the sword saint, and sage disciple etc.