Will netflix save anime

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=17828
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

devilman crybaby seems good and is popular but that's the only one that I can see anyone in Sup Forums enjoying

Why the fuck do they insist on calling them "Netflix Original" when all they did was acquire the streaming and dubbing rights?

>Nanatsu no Taizai
>netflix original
I hope these fuckers don't complain about copyright infringement on a moral basis.

Because it makes their line up look more impressive. Most actual Netflix Originals are trash like Big Mouth. The only exception I can think of is Stranger Things. IIRC every other success is just licenced.

ajin - watched
nanatsu - watched
kurumukuro - watched
sidonia - watched
to be fair i enjoyed all of them but yeah publishing them this late is a dumb move.

I don't know, but I fucking hate the idea of retarded casuals and normalfags having easier access to the medium.

Shameless marketing so normalfags can be deluded into think Netflix became an anime studio

Netflix might become Crunchyroll 2.0 considering how Disney, Fox, etc are planning on leaving Netflix.

Would be hillarous how a normalfag streaming service became an anime streaming service after Hollywood studios leave them one by one.

Stranger Things is also trash.

But that's why they are increasing their number of in-house productions, because everyone else wants to emulate what they did. But yeah I would be hilarious to see more "anime" made by netflix like that shit of neoyokio or whatever it is called.

No, it's killing it.

Netflix is even worse than CR, which is quite an achievement. With the worst part probably being they don't release episodes weekly, but only as a batch.
That and it wants to influence what anime get made in the first place, which is absolutely disgusting. If I wanted to watch US media, there are already more than enough options for that.

Fuck Netflix. Fuck them.

I don't think dubbing 7 year old seasons of Precure is going to save anime.

The more in-house production of Netflix are shit, and anime is cheap.

This.

I'm all up for more originals but releasing shows like 2-3 months after they aired is pretty disgusting.

>jews finding a new popular media to push liberals agenda

yeah. (((save)))

>influence what anime gets made to appeal to western tastes
That's what normalfags mean by "saving anime".
I hope anime is never going to get get "saved".

bait and switch the normies

It's over. Crunchyroll lost and is forever irrelevant.

I can tell you have seen 10 anime tops. Leave if you love Sup Forums so much

Why would you hate it? And wasnt it already easy as fuck to access anime?

God, no more Glitter Force please.

That's why they're spending next year 8 billion USD in order to have a 50% of original content.

> Produced In Association With: Netflix
>animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=17828

Someone should convince them to have 80s and 90s anime.

In my opinion, because people had to go to "specialized sites" to watch them, making them feel weird, but now netflix offers them any type of content, making it less awkward to search for anime. So, I have the idea the more accessible the medium is, the more retards are going to flock in, like with video games.

I think they got in on the production committee for a few shows, to coordinate the dubbing and shit, doesn't mean much though.

The ads are annoying, I don't want to lose weight, enlarge my penis or date a whore, so I won't click on they stupid advertisement, but they still whine when I block it. And some web design are just annoying too.

>The ads are annoying

Netflix has ads?

Was talking about the anime websites

>Netflix becomes new CR
>fan subs are saved because they don’t simulcast

What a stupid thinking

So long as it means season 2 has a proper budget and isn't full of dayglo colours and quality.

I don't find netflix to be the same type of cancer that amazon anime strike and crunchyroll are.

reason?

1) Netflix has a lot of varied content in addition to anime
2) Everyone has a Netflix account, it's like how 20 years ago, everyone had a blockbuster membership.
3) streaming anime from Netflix is fine, it's in 1080p, works from every TV in your house as long as you aren't a total hobo (even $150 Walmart TVs let you watch Netflix if you connect them to the WiFi).
4) it's $10/mo for not just anime, but any TV series you want to watch, as well as movies.
5) they rarely post dubs, it's often nothing but subs on their site.

Netflix did nothing wrong. Amazon.com and crunchyroll however are cancers destroying the industry. They don't have anywhere near the value in their monthly anime watching membership, typically charge as much or more then Netflix, the quality of their streaming service is worse and finally fragment the $$. instead of just paying $10 you have to pay nearly $40 for all these services on a monthly basis.

The only reasonable reaction to a 40/mo cost for anime would be to torrent in the face of this price gouging. Furthermore most of these services are unreachable by your TV. Ultimately anime found a perfect delivery service in the form of Netflix. These other services just need to go away (but they won't, because millions of sheep will keep paying for crunchyroll, while amazon.com has proven for decades it's willing to take financial loss if it can get itself into a market, eventually they'll figure out hot to compete in anime delivery and get people to purchase their overpriced shit.

Please even the nips love 11.

>8 moe series next season,
Anime will survive.

>All those flops
JUST

Maybe if they stop using the same fucking garbo CGI for every fucking anime they do.

No one is forcing you to be a retarded streamfag.

>even the nips
Spotted the weeb

Sidonia S3 when?

Spotted the netflix shill.

Just fucking torrent. Why weren't you doing that to begin with?

and baki.

Well, then pay up, or use other means.
Your choice. I won't judge you either way.

The ad thing is not necessarily a bad idea. It's primarily meant to annoy you in order to make you pay.
In my region CR runs ads that obviously have not been paid for.

I really dislike CR and the general influence of the West on anime, but that's the least bad scheme.
CR is a cold, Amazon are the measles, Netflix is cancer.

I want the carefree fansub days of the 00s back.

>streaming anime from Netflix is fine
only blind faggots think streaming is fine

Is it true that Netflix also got Free! S3 or it's just speculation?

Speculation

Can't wait until net neutrality dies and Comcast fucks Netflix to death so I don't have to see these shit threads about these shitty cartoons anymore.

>it wants to influence what anime get made in the first place, which is absolutely disgusting
This. Murricunts entertainment standards are fucking disgusting.

>netflix original anime
>precure
what?

No, but they won't ruin it either.

did i accidentally click on a Sup Forums thread

Netflix is gonna implode

i've only seen Neo Yokio, which i liked, but it's not really animee

'N

>trying to watch UBW on Netflix
>the fuckers don't provide subtitles in english here
>the subs in my native language are shit
>every servant speaks in some fucking archaic dialect, even Lancer who's clearly slurring and using slang

SHIEEET

Thanks, user. I guess we'll see in the coming weeks.

>implying their subs are anything near better

>subs in my native language are shit

Seriously, this. Although I always wonder if English is the same crap and I simply don't notice, because I'm not a native speaker.

>anime is so boring Sup Forums has to waste their day shitting on normalfags for entertainment

And you wonder why the oldfags left

They left because they've completed all anime.
Oh wait, I'm still here, and I'm only posting because it fills the void anime-watching used to fill

I don't think it'll be that bad. Don't most of the profits from anime come from otaku buying merchandise and $300 blu-ray sets or something? Most of the people who watch anime on Netflix only watch it casually and aren't that invested in the medium.
At least that's what I tell myself cause the thought of those Hollywood kikes trying to make anime resemble the shit they release nowadays makes me want to kill myself.

If we get more cowboy bebop styled anime I wouldn't be mad.

Dude what? Anime are already available on Netflix. And dont be too surpised but anime were also accessable and still are on TV. I mean what do you think will happen now, what would change?

You're not going to get that, though. That was a perfect balance of Japanese and Western culture that will probably never be achieved again.

You're going to get Neo Yokio, and you're going to fucking like it.

Do it, faggot.

It doesn't have a great selection of anime, but it does have the dubbed versions of some of the more popular ones. Can't say I advise it if the anime is all you're after, but it's a nice bonus if you mostly want it for the other shows and movies it offers.

okay?
where do you think you are?

Just because you watch anime doesn't mean you have to jerk off someone for being a nationality. One of those makes you a weeb.

It won't save it for me.

No streaming site can save anime for me.

I live in the country, with horrible satellite internet that's capped at 15 gigs per month.
Streaming is only possible for me at 144p, 240p, and 360p; 480 on a good day.

I have to drive 20 minutes to a friend's house if I want to download something; I have to drive 30 minutes to my campus if he's not home.

Is there some prominent, high quality dvd/bluray rental service for anime that's still running these days? I'd like to be able to watch anime with the intended bit rate, without having to wait 40 minutes for a video to buffer, without having to drive into town to spend 10~ minutes per episode from shady streaming sites, and without spending what little money I do have on expensive blurays.

Is this too much to ask?

What does Netflix original anime mean? Did fun the fund the production or do they have rights to air it outside Jap?

Do they partially fund the production. They haven't made it yet to be part of a production committee AFAIK, but they're getting close.

Amazon and Crunchyroll actually simulcast, so they'll always be better than netflix garbage.

This is the biggest weeaboo website in America, I hope you understand that

you sound insecure

What are you talking about
That's a fact

They helped fund it.

>That and it wants to influence what anime get made in the first place
They buy anything. Anything. ANYTHING.

Stop talking out of your ass.

What angers me about these streaming sites for anime is the concept of exclusive streaming rights. The very notion of providing a good service is non-existent because there is no direct competition. If the show you'd like has terrible subs, tough shit. No one else can work it, officially. It's effectively the only reason why CR is still alive to this day. Instead of allowing people to choose which to support based on their performance, it's based on what shows they have the rights to. It's why fansubs (in their golden years) were far better. No retard will ever watch something by Hadena, because they're shit, and often also because other groups (better options) are available. Even if they're all simply vying for maximum e-peen, direct competition ensures they can't just dick around and release fuck all and expect gratitude in kind. Conceptually, anyway. The cartel exists bla-bla. The same cannot be said for CR or Funi back then, because from a normalfags' perspective, they're the only ones around. So they'll support Netflix, Amazon or whatever shit that pops up next, just as they have for CR. Fucking shit inevitability. Because, in the end, what are you going to do? Learn hieroglyphics just to watch chinese cartoons?

The world of anime licensing is kinda like the consoles world. They compete mostly based on their exclusives...

>Learn hieroglyphics just to watch chinese cartoons?

Pic related.

Was, this is a jap owned site now.

The latter. But many retards think without their money, "original" anime won't be produced at all.

If netflix were to release anime on a weekly basis with simulcasts I think it would be a lot better than Amazon or Crunchyroll, which have proven to be utter cancer and that they should die.

But fansubs only subbed popular shit all the time just because it was popular and they craved attention

>I think it would be a lot better
Why? Wouldn't it be the same as Amazon or CR then? why would they be better?

So you are saying the only difference between these services is their release schedule?

I've never used them

hulu already has better anime series than netflix. why the fuck would anyone buy netflix for anime when hulu already has a better selection. seriously wtf is this line of thinking

CR already has better anime series than hulu. why the fuck would anyone buy hulu for anime when CR already has a better selection. seriously wtf is this line of thinking

>Everyone has a Netflix account
I don't, if I want to watch something I either buy the DVD/BD of it or pirate it.

>Netflix Original Anime
>all flops
What did they mean by this?

If they fund a quality Berserk adaption then yes
Please don't post my waifu crying, she's been through enough

>Instead of allowing people to choose which to support based on their performance, it's based on what shows they have the rights to
As a non-american what I hate the most from those deals its the fact those companies usually offer $15 extra buck for the licenses and japanese grants them worldwide broadcasting licenses, which normally leads to american companies to butcher the original work and change it to pander their own prude and retarded taste.
That why we got shitty Naruto with english script, or the neutered version of One Piece. And for no one surprise those anime series that went tru american filter often flops. Most anime series that arrived direct from Japan became hits.

Nobody forced Toei to use the 4Kids version.

>releasing shows like 2-3 months after they aired is pretty disgusting.

Binge watching>watching anime with Sup Forums and seeing shitty threads

What killed LWA in a way, 4 months late and a bunch of normie a boasting how they’d found this gem of a series.

That was more Saban being stubborn and forever buying one season and dropping it. They were salty over 4kids clinging to the name too.

>user thinks it's okay that Netflix only releases subs well after the show has finished airing and now one cares about it anymore because new stuff is airing