Boys I just watched Koe no Katachi and I cried

Boys I just watched Koe no Katachi and I cried.

Weird, I got angry near the end.

at how bad it is?

I cried because I'd still accept Ueno as a friend too because I'm a lonely faggot.

why

This the what I hated the most about the movie, the pieces of shit that actually needed redemption never redeemed themselves, and the characters that redeemed long time ago keep blaming themselves about everything and keep hanging out with trash because they never change.

>Kyoanifag

are they 100% together at the end?

Yeah I cried at how badly they butchered the manga.

how so

Haven't read the whole manga but the charactes have more depth in the manga, so while someone like Ueno still is a retarded bitch you could at least understand her "reasons".

The manga had very poor pacing. What does the movie change?

I almost broke down during the hospital scene

They completely cut out the movie thing, but it barely affected the movie anyway

i cried
but only because i couldn't take shoya's self sacrifice any longer.
shouko and ueno are both bitch

How is Shouko a bitch at all.

no empathy
understandable because she hasn't had friends before
but that doesn't mean she isn't a bitch

>no empathy
The fuck are you talking about, even as a child she's the most empathic of them all constantly saying "I'm sorry" because she knows her deafness is affecting other people. What she lacks is self-esteem, like a lot of it.

Unless I'm retarded I'm pretty sure Ueno was getting sick of accommodating to Shouko's deaf needs in the movie.

Then she could just stay away from her instead of wanting her to suicide don't you think?

the real empathetic route is to not affect them in the first place, dumbfuck

So you are telling me suicide is her best option then? what a fucking retard, also even when she's at Sahara's care she's constantly harassed.

>trying to participate in a choir competition while being literally deaf
her best option is to say "sorry guys im deaf i probably can't do this."
i don't know why you think all elementary schoolers are manifestations of hitler, the only one that is is kowai.

Because elementary schoolers per se are shitters, and if Shouko lacks a bit of empathy the others are a lot worse in this aspect.

Same, especially the ending.
It was really cathartic and it put me in a really good mood for a couple weeks.

>dae elementary schoolers are all out to hate each other, shouko did nothing wrong
have you even been around children?
the only reason they're this hateful is because its a melodramatic series grossly overstating the prejudice 12 year olds feel against deaf people.
even then, they wouldn't have done anything had she not actively decided to try her hand in something she would very fucking obviously fail at and ruin the efforts of others.

I don't know your reality but yes children in elementary school can be fucking chaotic (with or without disable people involved). It's not much that they hate each other but that they are unable to have the empathy of an adult so they never measure the consequence of their actions.

And come fucking on, Shouko didn't decide to be deaf and probably didn't decide to go to that school either, stop being retarded blaming her about everything just for trying to fit in.

>i sincerely believe that at age 10 children are so chaotic they don't even recognise when they cause severe physical and mental pain
buddy if this is what you believe i sincerely question how you think the fucking education system works considering we have a bunch of psychopaths in each classroom.
>reddit spacing
shouko didn't decide to be deaf, but she is deaf.
she lacks empathy because she fails to recognise that she's shitting on the hard work of others. i'm not blaming her, because its reasonable and understandable, but that doesn't mean i have to like it.

anybody else have a weird fantasy/fetish to take care of a slightly disabled girl and love her unconditionally?

have you played katawa shoujo?

no. should i?

if thats what you're into, you probably should.
i'm not even into crippled girls and it gave me severe heartburn.

>i sincerely believe that at age 10 children are so chaotic they don't even recognise when they cause severe physical and mental pain
A lot of them don't, that's why bullying is a thing in the first place, just because they know how to behave decently in classes doesn't mean they don't go all out outside of it.
Again I don't know your reality but what you think is rare is fairly common in a lot of places.
>hurr reddit
Not an argument.
>she lacks empathy because she fails to recognise
Except she constantly apologize for just trying to fit in, otherwise she would have to go the reclusive way where she would be treated as a furniture on the class
I sincerely hope disabled people never ask for help to a shitter like you, if you think you have it rough they have at it much worse.

>a lot of them don't
bullying is a thing, but you're overstating it you assblasted faggot.
i don't think its rare, but if you think that elementary school bullying goes as far as tearing out hearing aids, writing hateful messages on tables, emptying bags and books, etc, you're just retarded, or you're an insecure bullied fag who projects his experience on the rest of society.
>hurr reddit
i didn't use it as an argument, i just pointed it out you colossal dumbfuck
i didn't know the ONLY way you could make friends was through trying to fit in. approaching people at recess or lunch like the rest of us human beings is far too hard.
i hope you're not the deaf bullied autist from a while ago, and if you are i hope you fuck off because you still have no friends and are of no worth to this society.

yeah, that stuff happends

wat a patbetic faggot holy fuck

>bullying is a thing, but you're overstating it you assblasted faggot.
And you are understating it faggot, if you think those scenarios are just in fantasy let me remind just that there have been people killed for bullying (even when that may be indeed, a rarer case).
>approaching people at recess or lunch like the rest of us human beings is far too hard.
It's clearly stated that outside classes she was shitted on as well.
>i hope you're not the deaf bullied autist from a while ago
Dunno who you are talking about.
>you still have no friends and are of no worth to this society.
Stop projecting your problems user, I have friends which is why I'm able to have some slight empathy.

>hey this deaf girl transferred into our class
>because we are psychopathic, murderous individuals we will make her life living hell for even the slightest transgression
its a melodramatic movie. thats the point. if it was realistic it wouldn't be interesting.
i don't know why you're defending it this hard when im not even criticising it.

>the pieces of shit that actually needed redemption never redeemed themselves
Like life. They're just bad people. At least for now.

>the characters that redeemed long time ago keep blaming themselves about everything and keep hanging out with trash because they never change.
>They reedemed themselves but they also didn't redeem themselves because they never change.

Not really because Ueno resented that Shouko was involved in her friend's lives.

She had so much empathy she tried to kill herself to make other people stop being tied down by her.

>she had so much empathy she decided to actively ruin the effort of other people by participating in something she had no business even attempting
she didn't even try to kill herself because she was 'burdening others', she was just lonely.

>Not really because Ueno resented that Shouko was involved in her friend's lives.
By that point Ueno hasn't seen her classmates in ages, that's how much she cares about them. She constantly talks about muh precious childhood when in reality they were just kids being kids that separated when they got into high-school, the reality is that she just has an irrational hatred towards Shouka

Meh. To me it seems like she only killed herself after she met up with all those friends and people like Ueno blamed her for ruining things.

>Like life. They're just bad people. At least for now.
Sure, but fuck, I wanted the MCs to learn at least a bit of that.

>They reedemed themselves but they also didn't redeem themselves because they never change.
The problem is that they are delusional, at certain point they don't realize that the real problem isn't them, but other people.

That's indeed the case, if you pay attention to the first half of the movie, she was gruadually getting better, expressing her happiness and even love to Shouya, then the shit classmates joined and it went to shit.

>The problem is that they are delusional, at certain point they don't realize that the real problem isn't them, but other people.
They problem was both themselves and other people which was realized.

Koe no Katachi is a romantic comedy.

Yeah, I cried too when I realized I had wasted 2 hours of my time

Chex!

「Sound of Silence」!

The film gets a lot of shit for not following the manga or lacking in development of characters. To this I got a couple things to say. First of all, while I didn't finish the manga I read some of it and I know how much the pacing differs between them, and honestly I prefer the pacing of the film and this leads into the second point. Simply, I prefer the idea of the different scales of development for different characters, it creates a more realistic feeling and a sense of immersion in the story and of seeing it through the MC's perspective. You know people in your life, some you are close as can be to and every aspect of their lives can affect yours, some you know a lot but you don't see as much so you don't know as much about them, some are just friends and you don't really need more than that from them, some you hate and you don't know much about them personally but you still see them as a person a lot, some people you barely know, some people you don't see for the longest of times and they just re-enter your life, and you don't always learn about what happened in between. The film itself still provides enough hints and little details of the characters to show more, without really spelling it all out for you or for Shouya.

Anyway all this story mumbo jumbo aside, Ueno best girl, she did a lot wrong but deserves care and protection

>she did a lot wrong but deserves care and protection
Nah you just like her because you are a waifufag.

She ain't my waifu, not by a long shot, but she was my favorite character from the whole shebang.

People throw 'waifu' around way too much nowadays

>Boys I just watched Koe no Katachi and I cried.
Oh come on, it wasn't that bad.

My nigga.

dude, children are assholes, even if they know what is hapening they doesn't thing in the damage they are doing, they just want to play and bulling is funny (not if your the one bullied btw) so theres that, i was an asshole when i was 10, i bullied people, not to a point like in the movie, but i made a guy change schools

she was just in love with someone that didn't love him back, and that allways end up bad

well yeah, his past came back and puched him in the face
just like real life

Well that's in the manga, they didn't focus on that in the movie which make her look even worse.

dunno, i hadn't read the manga, i just watched the movie
i feel like getting more in to why she was acting like a piece of shit would have been a mistake, i liked how it was explained in the movie

ueno needs more doujins is all im sayin

It's weird you mention the love then because they never explicit Ueno was in love with Ishida in the movie, her hatred was just "you ruined muh childhood" and "I don't understand you!"

that's actually one of my criticisms of the film, The manga actually explains to you that Ueno has feelings for Shouya, even as early as the 6th grade scenes Ueno thinks that Shouya is picking on Shouko because he likes her and that fuels her hatred of her.

Yeah that explains her character a bit better, although she's still trash.

was pretty obvious that she was in love with him, and i liked that they didn't just explained it all with word, an action is worth a thousand words

and you think thats normal nigga cause its not

1 per 3 classes probably

I personally liked it when we could just say mai waifu without waifu fags systematically sperging out.

Ueno is a cunt and not cute at all.

I've never watched or read this before.

The movie was okay. Not a masterpiece, and I really hate when people talk of this movie like something that has never been done before. This movie is the reason why I don't like teen dramas, they're so melodramatic and the solem reason they exist is to impact in sensitive people like OP, without putting realistic life choices and so on. They just do "sad" stuff to make you cry while they're literally earning millions

Ueno wins Shoya cup in the end, have a nice read.

Something like Clannad is way worse in that aspect anyway

>They just do "sad" stuff to make you cry while they're literally earning millions
It's way more than just this though.

I mean yeah, she serves as a good counterexample of Shouya in the story IMO. He had regrets and felt sadness for the things he'd lost from back then, Ueno did as well. however Shouya became a better person than he was back then, Ueno did not and she was still trash.

the only glimmer of hope for Ueno becoming a not awful person to me was the scene where she used sign language with Shouko (even if it was to call her an idiot) showing that there might just be a little glimmer of hope she may change her ways.

I'm reading the manga now and it really feels like a fuller experience so far, as the characters are better explained and have more depth, so I suppose Ueno may have a better redemption eventually (even if she doesn't deserve to be forgiven imo).

Me too, it's a hell of a feel trip.

I liked it a lot, but they could've made the movie a little longer and the ending a little better

Uhhhhh but you wouldn't be able to hear it.

I watched it in an anime club
ask me anything Sup Forums

This. Everyone is retarded in this movie.

No wonder normalfags and seasonal anime scum liked it.

What were the reactions.

nobody cried, they laughed at parts which weren't even supposed to be funny, bad smell everywhere and everyone was overweight.

It was well done, I liked Ishida's genuine remorse but holy fuck practically everyone except a select few were cunts. Just a miserable, deluded lot, even though that is what happens in life.

>anime secondaries

and that's the lesson, it's not perfectly realistic and is overdramatized in some aspects, but it does hold a mirror to pieces of shit and makes them see their own actions outside their own heads.

>"It was supposed to be bad! Sasuga KyoAni."
Stop deluding yourself.

>"It caters to scum who might not even watch this movie."
That's just sad.

At least, we can agree on something. The movie is made for retards.

>kyoani
I'm here to tell you that I essentially hate everything kyoani put out, especially it's poster child K-on, which I loathed through the whole season and didn't even bother to watch the second or the movie(s) I don't even know nor care if there's more.

>it caters to scum who might not even watch this movie
You'd be surprised, I watched it twice in theatres and there was a very broad audience - kids, their parents, teens, and even a few old farts. Yes, the movie will never get the widespread attention it ought to have, but that's that. Even better it's in the bible belt where anime is "the work of the devil"

I knew what was goign to happens since I read it beforehand but that doesn't mean I didn't cry bitch tears.

Oh come on, that scene wasn't that badly done.

The part with the chair was weird. He trips over it and then just chills out on the floor for a while as if time suddenly isn't crucial.