Is she a good mangaka?

Is she a good mangaka?

Just look all the garbage she made.

no

No. But then again, there are only a few not-bad ones.

God
Maison Ikkoku

Good
Mermaid Series

Ok
Urusei Yatsura
Ranma

Shit
Rinne
Inuyasha

She's the richest woman in Japan, so yes.

>there are only a few not-bad ones
This. Most manga are either shit, mediocre, or with a promising premise that is badly executed. In addition ratings, editors and the usual tropes can fuck with a series.

inuyasha had a good ost for the classical jap instruments

Pretty much. Easy to rate each series she's done.

We're talking about the manga though

freaky I made the same thread a week or two ago same pic as well

yes she is one of the best almost everything she has done is a loved classic spanning fucking 25+ years

fucking patrician taste there friend. i often have trouble deciding between maison and mermaid saga which is no. 1 for me.

She just made extremely safe manga that were extremely profitable to make into anime. I don't really think she's a good mangaka in terms of what I, an adult, would want to read or watch. But in terms of what the masses want she's a good mangaka

God
Urusei Yatsura
Maison Ikkoku

Great
Mermaid Series

Good
Rinne
Ranma
one pound gospel

Shit
Inuyasha

fixed for you, tasteless pleb that didn't even read one pound gospel

I've only read Inuyasha and seen a few episodes of that anime of the guy with the red hair.
I really adore her art style.

I want to reread Inuyasha.
Kagura is my favorite character. I'm sad about what happened to her.

Neo-Sup Forums in full force

I've been here for over a decade. Are you going to contribute yet?

Well she gave all her female characters nice perky tits.

Was Maison Ikkoku really safe though? With Kyoko not being "pure". Even now you get people losing their shit out when they find out the MC's main love interest has already been with someone else. Wonder how people reacted by back then.

I love Rinne.
Mamiya looking like a deadpan Ranma with pigtails makes me diamond.

Granted that's her best work

That was part of the series' basic premise though, not a twist. The one time there was a big commotion about an heroine having a previous relationship it was because the mc was initially portrayed as her first love, only for a previously relationship to be revealed much later.

I watched two episodes of Rinne and was wondering, don`t you just keep thinking
>I`ve seen this already in a better way before

She is like Adachi. Stuck with their simplistic character design and inability to write something better they have already done.

Cross Game was actually good though

Not as good as Touch or H2 though.

It had a very good first episode and it had a few individual good episodes, but all in all it kept losing steam. It ends in an unsatisfying way.

good mangaka, better businesswoman, amd I respect her for that

>Stupid fucking piece of shit millennial newfag piece of shit pretends to be an oldfag to defend his stupid piece of shit newfag opinion that Rumiko nakahashi is shit and not one of the best most influential mangaka of all time
Never post here again you fuck.

>stop having your own opinion how dare you be here for over a decade and still have your own opinion
Truly noted. You didn't mean to ask if she was a good managak, you just wanted a circlejerk.

Sounds like Reddit is the place for you in all honesty.

Maybe not, but I enjoyed the hell out of Ranma.

hitting a nerve much? I like her stuff, but you need to chill, there will always be people with shit taste

Can we all lighten up a little.

Good mangaka that writes shitty pairings.

>filename
agreed. Akane a shit.

Rumiko Takahashi writing style:
Stories start out interesting and has alot of character development and conflict resolution in vol 1-5.
Introduce new conflict that will repeatedly get brought up and semi resolved just to be brought up again over and over to drag out story until vol 100/ending

Are all female mangakas closet bi?

All women are bisexual.

She's great on SOL, comedies and world building. But sucks when it comes to action sequences.

Her works have ranged all over the place from god-tier to garbage so it really depends on whether you're the type to quantify a good mangaka as someone who makes at least some good works during their career or if you're the type who thinks any creator automatically loses their merit if they make any bad works during their career.

It's shoujo isn't it? I don't think having "pure" girls matters in that case. But I'm not part of that demographic so what do I know.

Shampoo was hottest waifu for sure but he really should have gotten with Ukyo, she was the only one whose company he actually seemed to enjoy at all.

u wot m8

Ranma took Shampoo along on a few of her "trick guys out of shit" ventures. Shampoo didn't mind the curse by the end of it, and they had the most in common otherwise.

Ukyo is a solid choice, but two kids bonding over horrible parents and martial arts would have made a lot more sense.

Is there a non-flipped English translated version of Ranma 1/2 out yet?

What's the nun series, seems kinda interesting

454 grams revelation

ideas woman / producer / character designer

woooooooooooooooow scintillating commentary

Regardless of how you feel about her works, you cannot deny Takahashi's staying power. Very few mangaka have been able to not only stay relevant in the industry for as long as she did but also produce so many back to back hits. When you look at, say, Watsuki, whose only saving grace WAS Kenshin and none of his other works even got off the ground, it becomes apparent that hitting success more than once in this industry is a challenge. But when you consider exactly how many times she managed to do it, you've really got to sit back and give credit where credit is due.

Rinne is finally ending soon.
If she continues working then I want another action series, maybe an isekai.

why

She's a good idea-guy and story writer. As a mangaka, not so much, as her works' anime are better than her manga.

>she outlived best girl

If by unsatisfying way you mean no kisses or other public display of affection, then this is not the series for you. Adachi has always been subtle at showing romance for his characters.

She's the richest anyway.

yes

>Rumiko nakahashi
Literally no different from spilling your seed in the Sahara at this point.

Not really she stunts character development just to beat the death the same joke that's been going on too long.

Rinne addressed every problem I had with bleach.

But fuck whoever was in charge or coloring the hair.

Even Toriyama really only has DBZ bucks (Which I suppose is all you really need cuz goddamn) and whenever a new Dragon Quest game comes out. Im having a hard time thinking of any manga artist near as prolific.

She was the richest in the 90s maybe but now she is not even the richest Mangaka.

With her level of sustained success over a bunch of different manga titles, I'd say she is at least above average. I'm not a super big fan of most of her manga, but then again I'm also not the type of story her stuff is meant to appeal to.

What other mangaka has had back to back hits as much as her?

Ukyo was a nice blend of traits, almost like a fourth Tendo sister. Good housewife like Kasumi, good business sense like Nabiki, boyish traits like Akane.

Well saying "only" for DB and like... what, 10 DQ games is a little disingenuous. That's ignoring his work on smaller series. Dr. Slump wasn't exactly a sleeper hit or cult series in Japan. Takahashi has had... what, one series hit big outside of Japan, with underground appreciation for Ranma 1/2 and... no, Inuyasha was her big hit, wasn't it?

And the huge treasure trove amounts of cash she makes from selling said garbage; this woman truly is a scandalous genius con artist to make the cash she does carefully paying off the japanese yakuza, fuzz and press to keep her interests up at bay lol

The mechanic is different though, it's like a satirical inuyasha with recurring gags and storytelling models done right. It's kind of almost old school, before her time period actually, it's pretty crazy.

Nothing happens, the chapter and series.

Shit pales juxtaposed to UY which was way better.

lol kek'd

whoa, what? seriously? Has it really been THAT long since she started working on it? It's crazy that it didn't pick up such a huge crazy huge buzz compared to Inuyasha, yet has a greater and better mechanic compared to most series she's ever done, aside from Urusei Yatsura, which had the best mechanical flow of them all, but wasn't as good and best compared to Maison Ikkoku, her best well rounded, holistically quality work ever.

No, it's seinen

Yes now give me Kyoukai no Rinne S4.

our niigata rice field princess

She's still the richest woman; sixth richest person overall in Japan. She was never the richest mangaka.

>tfw agreeing with Lelouch about something

probably the best, she made inuyasha and ranma 1/ 2 after all