Manga will always be better than Anime

Manga will always be better than Anime.

>water is wet

And novels will always be better than manga.

And asses will always be better than tits.

Which is a tragedy, because consumers are forced to choose between superior quality in printed form and emotionally involving VAs and BGM in animated form. I hope one day someone will invent a form of media that has the best of both (not VNs, because they lose the brilliant panel direction manga has)

My weeb friends insist that reading manga is ridiculous because it's like an anime project waiting to be produced. I fucking hate them.
Sorry for the blog.

I feel this way too actually, and I hate it. I feel like reading a manga or LN ruins the enjoyment of seeing the story with fresh eyes in animated form, so I'm usually inclined to not read things and save them for if/when the anime comes out.

This is a lifelong struggle for me anons, help

I hate the "Why dont you just watch the anime, user?" Fuck those guys.

Do you really believe that all manga series will be adapted and all adaptations will be faithful to the source?

> I feel like reading a manga or LN ruins the enjoyment of seeing the story with fresh eyes in animated form
I sometimes put off things in order to watch them first for that same reason, but I read a lot more manga than I watch anime, so often those things end up just sitting on my backlog for years because I won't let myself read the manga and never feel in the mood for the anime.

Do you believe that an anime will always have a budget to properly reflect the original author(s) intentions and creative direction?
Do you think that the animators, voice actors, and music direction are up to the ability to properly reflect the source material?

I don't, which is why I don't watch anime adaptations of manga I like. I do watch original anime though.

No, but the problem is that the "best" ones (according to some criteria or other) will get adaptations. So if I find something good, just reading it already feels like taking a kind of risk on the off-chance it never gets adapted.
Yeah, pretty much this. On the plus side, after a few years I can usually re-watch an anime and enjoy it pretty well. So if I read a manga and it's been a few years since then when I watch the anime, it's still very good.

But not AS good as never having read the manga at that point. This overwhelms my autism.

This. I read all of Adachi's translated manga in quick succession sometime in mid-late 2015, except I put Cross Game and H2 on hold to watch the anime first, and over two years later I still haven't touched either.

I don't watch anime that way. Anime isn't anywhere near even Hollywood in a "we can capture the author's vision" sense, and Hollywood could never capture most manga's vision really that faithfully. I just watch anime for the emotional ride, which is what it's exceptionally good at.

The problem is that then I end up missing out on manga for many years. But it's not like they're going anywhere.

It's not really a fair comparison. All a manga needs to be great is one guy with skill and vision. Anime are made by hundreds of people and there's so many more ways it can go wrong.

Sorry for that guess. I rarely watch adaptations in general. I get too used to visualize movement from static words and images that adaptations seem forced

No anime adaptation neeeds to properly reflect the original author's intentions and creative direction. The best adaptations are the ones that change some things about the source material to better suit the medium of anime.

No worries. I've learned Japanese in order to be able to read manga fluently enough to get that level of enjoyment out of it, but I've gotten busy with other things and forgotten everything both times. I'll need to start again one of these days

>watch adaptation before reading original
>enjoy adaptation as you have no knowledge of the original
>go on to enjoy the original work
>be pleasantly surprised when it's much better and it turns out the adaptation was awful
>read original before watching adaptation
>enjoy original work
>adaptation is sorely disappointing as you know how shit it is
It's stupid, but it's logical.

*learned Japanese on two separate occasions separated by years

I'm jealous of native Japanese speakers for being able to fluently read manga, the whole thing they do with the panel structure and the SFX words is unlike anything in any other language

>take well drawn well paced story
>add garish colours, simplify designs for animation
>animate it poorly anyway
>add filler
>add shitty music
>there, NOW it's art :)

While I actually do agree with this for things that already have anime, you can't apply it to things that haven't, because very few of them ever will, so you'd just be barring yourself from reading a ton of stuff in order to raise your enjoyment of a small fraction of it sometime in the distant future.

>watch adaptation before reading original
>adaptation is awful and you didn’t enjoy it
>end up passing on the source because you assume it’s as bad as the adaptation

The issue is the transition of mediums, what works well in a novel or manga wont necessarily translate will on screen, and it is often necessary to make alterations to compensate for that, often compromising the integrity of the source material. The best anime, and most other entertainment in video format, is original content, written expressly for the medium it is presented in.

I don't care about art, I want my shitty music and pleasant sounding VAs. I'll go to a museum if I want to see something that's good but un-entertaining

That's true, but that's basically a technical limitation. Film has been going strong for a hundred years and a lot of it is about how to translate the underlying artistic vision of print material onto the screen (even plays are print material, and manga is a lot like plays). Animation frees you of a lot of the limitations even of film, so there's no reason to think that with improvements in skill over time anime couldn't really get good in a way that's just plain objectively good without making any excuses like "it's just entertainment"

What kind of brainlet would do that?

> I read chink comics look at how smart I am.

yes