TUNE IN:
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
[Loc J032kf]

>SKYKING FREQUENCIES:
main: 8992 11175
backup: 4724 6739 13200 15016
mode: USB
>>

Attached: 366d4504890e4bd287d9f24500e676f3.jpg (658x390, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rEUnxcoheWI&list=PLhQh0mwHa1YmlgnJtI6DA7FoQsCPu1tdQ
morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.htm
trngcmd.marines.mil/Portals/207/Docs/TBS/MCRP 3-40.3B Radio Operators Handbook.pdf
pastebin.com/yk2ZKqYe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_E-4
smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E5E5IY4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
irts.ie/cgi/st.cgi?applying
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are these threads just getting archived so fast because of the shitty raid going on right now?

yes, skyking will give us cover

they wont bother skykings like other gelerals

4th for ISRAEL

.. ... / .. - / - .. -- . / - --- / -... .-. . .- -.- / - .... .. ... / --- ..- - / .- --. .- .. -. ..--..

Real Skyking threads (not the fucking "Rolling for WWIII" ones) are always a port in this shit storm called Sup Forums.

>Lehey.jpg

how to skyking

Attached: 1521559421948.png (1351x1831, 182K)

do not answer nigger

do not answer

Attached: rex.jpg (264x191, 10K)

we try to keep it comfy

Attached: 1521818539719.jpg (600x768, 52K)

I'm contesting on 40 Meters right now and chilling in here. /comfy/ Friday night.

i just wanted a nice radio thread where we learn Mongolian throat singing and the like

10/10 K9 M8

you have to live in the orange worm desert to learn proper throat singing

Attached: 1521444869327.jpg (259x195, 6K)

i guess i'll go back to harvesting lead and making my own .495 balls for the ol musket

i see the websdr chatbox is up, I ran from those happening threads this week and i would bet the spergs went shitting up websdr's site

I actually heard a station out of Ulaanbaatar last weekend on 1.875 MHz LSB last weekend. I sadly could not talk to him, though.

Do not taunt a Mongolian Death Worm.

that sounds terrorist

becareful not to carry your musket by the police

I run from weapons because i dont want to be harmed in any way

Attached: BrownDog-300.jpg (300x300, 30K)

yeah, it's loads of fun to shoot

anyone hearing any chatter today?

A couple of calls earlier, nothing special, before I switched to 40 to contest. (74 contacts as of this post)

sounds like someone's playing gamelan

Attached: gamelan orchestra.jpg (1024x683, 583K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rEUnxcoheWI&list=PLhQh0mwHa1YmlgnJtI6DA7FoQsCPu1tdQ

Marco Polo soundtrack.

From yesterday

Attached: DC11C0E8-905F-4EAB-8369-A77FBEEB3DFA.jpg (1242x2208, 748K)

I was in 1175.00. Just switched to 11175.00 and waiting for a signal.

I'm spinning the dial and making QSLs between 7175 and 7300. Up to 78 contacts.

lots of slides tonight

I'm net control for a Traffic Net in 5 minutes, someone keep the thread alive until I'm done.

Attached: doom1.png (838x458, 636K)

will do
although we may reach bump limit just to stave off these slide threads

Bump

You delusional faggot, where were you the last time this thread was up 2 days ago? Woth the leaf then the bong dumping images to readh the hump limit?. The leaf had 400 pepe ikages. Closer to 450. They were all that shitty pepe variant

Skyking...? Seems like a comfy ass thread. Do you guys get a dopamine kick every time you get one of those 'contact' things? How's that buzz?

very comfy riding out this shill storm.

Attached: 100001.gif (666x386, 342K)

i saw him, the leaf/blm poster but a non-happening tag keeps them from being triggered

bump for comfy thread

I have 197 thread filtered or hidden at them moment. I only have 3 threads in my catalog

it is almost like a big wikileaks drop

Drinking less.
Working more for myself.
Have a girl.
Persuaded my parents to sell their home and give me the cash to by a place withoutout enslaving myself to a bank.
Now I need to get really fit and practice with a gun to be ready..

We are all getting ready, right?

Attached: christain board.jpg (800x502, 97K)

I don't remember when, but a few months ago it was this bad and I discovered Skyking. Ended up buying a bunch of radio stuff that I still can't figure out how to use.

Is this how to skyking?

Attached: plane.jpg (640x400, 25K)

when was 8992 dropped? why?

Attached: United_States_Frequency_Allocations_Chart_2016_-_The_Radio_Spectrum.pdf.jpg (6300x4031, 3.75M)

Attached: 1520523378519.jpg (2112x1632, 995K)

Oh, sorry, "Contacts" are me talking to other radio stations on different frequencies than the HFGCS.

It's a little different, but Skyking threads typically turn into general radio discussion. There's a few of us who "Elmer" (teach) new radio users the basics.

These threads have created at least a dozen Amateur Radio Operators in the last year.

Attached: 1520523711968.png (1024x621, 180K)

Attached: strayaCS.jpg (800x554, 153K)

Attached: wull.jpg (3072x2304, 2.36M)

Attached: Marconi.jpg (686x571, 129K)

it still works
some user said it was Pacific and 11175 Atlantic
but that could easily be wrong

Attached: 71kq2Pmx6EL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 30K)

Okay, I've been following closely for the last 5 days. I believe the uptick in transmission is
due to increased activity in the area around Syria but I do not think anything big will happen there this year. I have a strong feeling that this will amount to nothing because seeing the trends over the past 2 years it's by likelihood the military flexing it's arms around to show off on other nation's surveillance. Let's be serious it's not yet tense enough for a serious military conflict, but how knows, maybe the little bits of fighting happening behind the official curtain will accumulate into something greater.
This is not me trying to shill, im being sincere here.
It's probably going to lead up to nothing.

yep, good job, eire. Are you properly caring for your parents? Also, u should wife ur gf if shes a real deal

Because there’s constant interference by fishing boats and shit and newfags kept saying it’s russians when it wasn’t. Just use the other one, it’s the same but without interference.

8992 was dropped so that Newbs would not mistake the irrelevant maritime traffic for "Russians" and the JORN and PLUTO II Sweeps for "jamming."

Lower frequencies (4724, 6739) work better at night (F Layer Propagation) and higher frequencies work better in daylight. (For the WebSDR users, that's daylight and night time in Netherlands, not your location).

i am putting up a fan dipole, 80/40/20, should i use a 1:1 balun, or just hook it up directly to coax?

thank you user

I think the timing of a flare up is up to events there. For example rebels collapsing or resurging, the input from shitholes like Iran, and the conniving of country's like Turkey and Israel.
They can all fuck off and should all be stomped first of all for their own good and secondly for my personal amusement. Which is important.

Attached: IMG_3081.jpg (1030x1030, 119K)

Is it a Current Choke Balun or an Air Choke?

There's never any reason to not have a current choke, imo, especially on large antennas like yours.

YW.

I've been beating my brains out the last couple of months listening to mp3s at work, I can't pass 5wpm. Any suggestions? I have all letters and numbers memorized. Do I just keep at it until I "break the barrier"?

thanks, also a test count

Well shit. I've known a few guys who were really into radio stuff. I always thought it was cool. Never got into it myself. I'm really more interested in how radios actually fucking work. The science of it, the metaphysics of it.

Attached: nicky fucking t.jpg (1536x2068, 1.11M)

IDK, I had a guy at work who tried to teach Morse to me and I just never got it, but I suck at languages, so that might be a factor.
I use this
morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.htm
Using morse or screencapping text and posting an image usually keeps the shills away.

I've been making mp3 files off of lcwo.net and it's helped me learn all the characters, I just can't seem to be able to decode them in real time. I'll keep at it, though. 73

its a van gorden engineering 1:1 hi-q balun. looking it up on eham and appears to be shit.
i think im going to just build 2 of them, one with one without.

Attached: 1:1balun.jpg (212x396, 9K)

I have a treat for you. I have a printed copy myself (along with all my other radio books).

trngcmd.marines.mil/Portals/207/Docs/TBS/MCRP 3-40.3B Radio Operators Handbook.pdf

It's 145 pages, but designed to teach the newest newb how radio propagates and antenna theory. Every Amateur should have a copy.

I have the MFJ-918 (page 87 of the catalog) on my G5RV. Knocked a lot of RFI down.

Make sure you have a good Gas Tube Discharge Lightning Arrestor (AlphaDelta has some great ones for under $50) on a Fan Antenna. The tubes will weaken and need to be replaced every 2 years if you're in 10 or more thunderstorms per season.

Attached: 51FJMDXV6lL.jpg (500x170, 32K)

current choke is a few turns around? right where the coax comes from the antenna correct?

please use this pastebin when making bread:

pastebin.com/yk2ZKqYe
pastebin.com/yk2ZKqYe
pastebin.com/yk2ZKqYe

Yes, you mount it where the ladder line meets the RG-8 or whatever coax. Air chocks are more about impedance matching (usually) whereas a current choke is ferrite cores that seep the RFI off the shielding of the coax to reduce your noise floor from LEDs and stray RF.

Attached: war.jpg (500x500, 35K)

cool

replying for nuclear suicide

thanks anons
i just threw this bread together when the raid started
i do frequent /skg/ and actually do LMR out on the plains. i have always enjoyed the conversations

i seem to need ferrite cores for a lot of things. i need to buy a box of them. gonna look for something cheap online i guess.

Yeah, Skykings are (usually) the nicest conversations and I like helping people learn and maybe get into Amateur Radio. I know of at leat a dozen Sup Forumstards who are now licensed Tech or General thanks to these threads (gotta promote the hobby somehow).

Why is the "doomsday plane" flying right now?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_E-4

Attached: zzzz.png (1349x401, 320K)

>.. ... / .. - / - .. -- . / - --- / -... .-. . .- -.- / - .... .. ... / --- ..- - / .- --. .- .. -. ..--..

.. - ... / - .. -- .

Attached: comfywarthog.jpg (750x725, 325K)

AliExpress has them for cheap. Cannot assess quality as I buy these: smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E5E5IY4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work well for me ($10 a set) and I keep a couple of the sandwich meat containers full of them. I left a note at all my neighbor's houses stating I was putting up a radio station and to contact me if I interfered with their tvs/computers/phones/lights and I would solve the problem (even if I legally don't have to).

Only had to choke a landline so far.

We have 4 of them. Mattis always flies in one, it's his Air Force One.

There's always one on alert for scramble take off and sometimes they go up for drills.

.-- .... . -. / - .... . / ... .... .. .-.. .-.. ... / .. -. ...- .- -.. . --..-- / .-- . / -. . . -.. / - --- / .- -.. .- .--. -

If you have a Habitat for Humanity or similar thrift store near you, look in their electronics spares bin, the one with all the wall warts, cell phone charge cables, and computer cables. I usually find about half a dozen a month that way.

I used to sell digital cameras and junk when I worked at a photo lab, the people that bought the digital cameras would pull out all the accessories (hand straps, USB cables, manuals, etc.), see the ferrite choke for the USB cable, and ask if I could throw it away for them. Almost nobody wanted them.

I love the Re-Store. Great stuff. Also, if you volunteer there they give you first crack at stuff. I had a friend get $20,000 worth of kitchen appliances for like $2k because he helped them out and they gave him a call when it came in.

Thanks for all the info in this thread guys. Somebody had a skyking hate thread up yesterday and I had to let him know that some of the best discussions I've had on Sup Forums were in skyking threads. I must say that his thread backfired because the majority of posters were in favour of these threads. Keep up the good work guys.

Skyking is a haven, much like the hurricane threads last summer. It's the best of Sup Forums and the bad elements aren't interested in radio.

I agree with you on that. I remember the hurricane threads too. I had Kevins Irish bar in Florida on live cam watching the guy snoozing his head off while the hurricane was raging outside. Comfy times user.

i forgot about that dude
crashed out

For people who might want to get into Amateur Radio in the US:
>You need to get licensed.
You will need to take an exam that costs $15. If you pass Technician (entry level, only allows you use a small amount of bands and limits you to local radio for the most part), you can take General for free right after: Practice for both and get your General. This allows you to get into Global Communications.
>Equipment
You will need a long antenna. A G5RV that works well on many bands is 102 feet long. You can raise the center high into a tree and "slope" the ends down to fit in a smaller lot.

An HF Radio with 100 Watt output can be found used at a reasonable price of $400-$500. Icom, Kenwood, and Yaesu are the "Big Three" and very reliable.

You will need a 13.8 V power supply. 25 Amp Minimum, 30 Amps is better.

>Need Help?
Your local radio club will have monthly meeting and most will let you show up even if you're not a member. Search: (City) Amateur Radio Club to find yours.

There WILL be friendly people who will help you out there. Someone will likely invite you over to show you their gear and let you see if it's the right hobby for you.

Attached: ts-590sg_f.png (1020x700, 550K)

not too interested in radio, just wanna kinda shitpost while eavesdropping on the air force

He woke up eventually. There was another guy in the bar with him too. I wondered how he got on because the camera was down the following day when I tried.

Is golbal thermonuclear war really too much to ask for?

Attached: d8e247603b6ccfb6.png (655x509, 28K)

Florida was the almost happening wasn't it?
Houston was blue shed?

That guy was fantastic. I wish I had the energy to dig through my folders for the screencaps.

I think it was overhyped by the media but it was still like a happening-lite, just enough to get excited about.

Link here for any Irish anons interested in radio. Test for licence coming up in May/June.
irts.ie/cgi/st.cgi?applying

Attached: 1521858245276.jpg (800x734, 37K)

Houston was a shit show.
>t. Houston
Got to hear gunshots in the dark with the power out for 2 or 3 nights.

Trump nominated a guy who seems to be very pro-war to a very high position. Maybe we will see increase in happenings in the future. WW3 still is unlikely, sadly :(

that may have been me, i do that from time to time

HEY FAGGOTS

andrews sent out a VERY short code with a "Do not answer" and a word that sounded more like "seagull" than a military phonetic
im worried

I figured it was drunk rednecks. I don't get a weekend without hearing a gunshot around here and I live fairly close to the city, but still outside of ghetto gunshot range.

houstonfag here
dont go into the wrong places, retard. its a very spread out city with maybe 5 "downtown" areas so u gotta know what ur doing. dont go to 5th and 3rd wards, dont go near alief at all, dont go in that place right south of the 610 loop

That would be a Skyking "Go Word" call. I missed it.

I live in Houston user. I don't go inside of the Beltway if I can avoid it!

At first I thought he was some drunk guy that fell asleep but I reckon he was the owner trying to keep the place safe. I'd say the place got hit hard because it was right by the coast at sea level. I miss those threads/happenings with lots of info flowing. Good times. Anyway got to get some sleep and thanks again for the info in this thread.