there were way too many boring parts
what le deep meaning did i miss?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CxY0ALI7izo
youtube.com/watch?v=6nwRSv7uWjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>way too many boring parts
You sound like a nine year-old.
The show is pretty, comfy, and thought provoking. That is why it is liked.

What thoughts were provoked
redpill me on this show

Texhnolyze > Lain >>> Haibane

Lain > Haibane >>>> Texhoshit

Texhnolyze> Lain>Haibane>>>>everything else not touched by Abe

let me fix that for you

evangelion>lain>texhnolyze>fate zero>haibane

>evanplebion first
Fuck off back.

are you too dumb for eva?

Texhnolyze> Haibane > Lain

have you heard the OST? i mean just the opening makes it one of the most beautiful things out of nippon:
youtube.com/watch?v=CxY0ALI7izo

>evangelion>lain>texhnolyze>FUCKING FATE>haibane
on of these doesnt belong in this list

i didnt like the op and ed that much myself
the ed was just depressing af
op is decent i guess but it was one of those op's that i skipped after hearing once or twice

I wasn't bored by it at any point, and I'm a walking bag of ADHD. Maybe it's just not your thing.

I'm watching it at episode 6 myself, don't really care for how the characters act most of the time (like run of the mill anime characters instead of people), but it's comfy I suppose. A lot of bird symbolism.

more than 20 and that shit was boring as fuck. at least stuff like lain try to give a message, but raibanae was complete shit

opposite for me. i really like this (sometimes weird) slow stuff. mushishi, ergo proxy, lain, monster.
hell even texh has something for me:
youtube.com/watch?v=6nwRSv7uWjQ
haibane is definitly in my top list when it comes to openings.

stop looking for some deeper meaning or hidden symbolism, it's a show of a girl trying to make sense of herself and the world around her, that's it, go with the flow and have fun

Do you think EVA is deep?

yes
and i unironcally think that if you say it has no actual meaning behind it at all that you are
a) being intellectually dishonest
b) retarded

>typing like a retarded underage
>typical reaction from an EVAfag
Sasuga

why do you want to be contrarian this badly

What're you trying to prove mad EVAtrash eater?

EVA is trash.

insights on life and how it can be looked at from others' perspectives
when Rakka goes to work in the library for a day, Nemu's pregnant colleague asks Rakka something like "how does it feel to be born", that was pretty interesting for example
or when she goes to work in the clock tower, and then she comes home and says something like "you shouldn't judge people by how they seem superficially", Kanna makes a comment about how she's right and the old man really isn't a bad person while Rakka was referring to her
also when Reki tells Rakka "you did nothing wrong" when her wings start turning black

it also was pretty comfy overall

AND YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAAAAND
A SHAME YOU SEEMED AN HONEST MAAAAANNN

Being a pleb and an underage fag at the same time is a dangerous combination, user-kun.

>needing to be spoonfed
Okay then, here you go:

The Haibane are souls in purgatory. The question of the show is whether or not a young person who commits suicide can have a second chance at going to heaven or if they're condemned to hell for the sin of self-murder.

Also, the setting of Haibane (but not the plot) is borrowed from a Haruki Murakami novel called Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World. That book is about worlds inside of disturbed minds.

I'm 26

Why did all the children kill themselves?

alright buddy, off with the tinfoil hat already, it's obviously not about suicide or death or anything since it's a happy show

Can you explain the you did nothing wrong line

Her wings turned black because she was sin bound doesn't that mean she sinned

What makes you think that it is purgatory
And that they committed suicide
There are a LOT of really little kids at old home
I doubt they even know what suicide is

Cons: Lain was really slow and kind of like a sequence of non-sequiturs. The main characters personality was pretty bland. Apparently it even baffled japanese people when it aired the same as anyone.

Pros: The concepts were really interesting and had a lot of potential. The dialogue was unusual and the character designs and aesthetics were great. Apparently they made a game out of it which didnt sell well -- i got the text from that game and read some out od intereat and it was pretty interesting.

Just.. the concept of how shes a chaotic god in a realistic setting is very interesting. I wish they could have been clearer on how the internet was used to that end for her.

Fuck i thought this was about serial experiements lain. Ill take myself out.

Reki is (probably) the only one who killed herself, hence why she has the greatest difficulties. Purgatory is like a second chance for souls that aren't clearly bound for hell or heaven, the rest of the kids are there because they died by sickness or accident or some other means before they were old enough to accept or reject salvation.

Okay that sounds plausible
Thanks for your insight

What about the villagers in the town?

I don't think there's anything important about the people in the town, they might as well be wind-up dolls, because they're just part of the setting that's necessary for the souls in purgatory to work out their own fates.

It can be about Lain if you want it to be, user.