This may not seem related to Sup Forums, but I think it is

This may not seem related to Sup Forums, but I think it is.

Who here has tinnitus and/or visual snow here? (And if you happen to know what you can take to help with it, I’d be glad to hear!)

It seems that people with tinnitus and visual snow have greater general awareness, and this could translate intellectually as well as in the senses...

So yeah, poll below:

strawpoll.me/15349117

Attached: 6A1EAC15-5407-4065-9679-9BEBF93FBB30.png (1200x947, 512K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rHTinEcgLn0
8ch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ISRAEL #1

Attached: welcometodie.png (2763x3989, 102K)

Why would GCHQ need this information? How is it even useful?

The fuck is this shit
Don’t be a retard, I’m obviously not gaining intel on this

ISRAEL FIRST
AMERICA SECOND

GLOW IN THE DARK CIA NIGGER!!!!!

>And if you happen to know what you can take to help with it, I’d be glad to hear!

ok!
>WALK MORE
>EAT MORE PROTEIN
>EAT MORE FAT
>EAT MUCH LESS SUGAR
>ALCOHOLIC? TAKE SOME B VITAMINS

Attached: 1514551238786.png (478x523, 14K)

SO MY TRAP OR NO TRAP THREAD GETS ME BANNED BUT THIS SHIT IS ON THE FRONT PAGE? WTF IS THIS SHIT MODS?

Idiot, look at those results - there’s definitely something to this...
Not helpful at all man, whatever is used to treat this would be the exact same thing that treats HPPD. And also consider that people who get HPPD do so usually from psychedelics, which are known for increasing awareness.

I am pretty damn sure this is a useful correlation, not that anything can be done with this info.

It’s just interesting.

that feeling of detachment from oneself is the same shit I get after doing heavy squats
It's false awareness, like when you think you can read the future because you just had a deja vu while in reality it's just your brain fucking up

You get that after heavy squats? Weird, wonder why that is. Maybe exercise mimics stress - after all that is what dissociation is meant for, evolutionarily.

What do you mean by that last bit? That sounds kinda psychotic desu

It’s to do with awareness, and the reason we are here (well, most of us who aren’t rednecks) is because we’ve become aware of the current political situation. We aren’t special, but we can see things most ordinary people have been conditioned to reject.

This is an interesting topic, man...

I have both, cool thread user. Agree with your hypothesis

Jaw/TMJ stretching exercises sometimes help with the tinnitus.

deja vu are mostly considered precognitive experiences because you are recalling an event that is happening in that very moment, thus having the impression that since that shit already happened in your mind you obviously know what's gonna happen next.
Obviously that's not what's going on but it's just your brain sending infos to your long term memory, thus creating the illusion of already having lived that shit.
Doesn't mean you can read the future, it's just your brain fucking up. Like with depersonalization disorders and whatnot

Yeah, but the high comorbidity of tinnitus and visual snow suggests its highly likely to be a brain issue.

I agree, something like that definitely can aggravate the tinnitus though (it is probably the case for me at least)

Oh right, I totally get what you mean. Realized that a few years back, I think that’s normal though, why would that be related to dp/dr?

Over three-quarters of Sup Forums (who have responded to this poll) have some kind of increased sensory awareness to noise (which is why people with visual snow also get more floaters - they don’t actually get more, they just can’t filter them out as effectively).

That is WAY above average. Clearly, there is some kind of correlation between this and political awareness too (intellectual awareness generally, or in other words being redpilled).

Tinnitus and visual snow fucking suck though...

Impaired sensory gating is the technical lingo I believe.

Tinnitus sucks indeed user makes me want to kill myself sometimes.

Sometimes you'll go months without anything, other times you'll get it a few times a month that last for 30 mins up to a few hours.

youtube.com/watch?v=rHTinEcgLn0

This is what it's like

op is a drug addict

I have tinnitus from chemotherapy. The succor told me to take vitamin b complex to help. Vitamin b complex gives me absolutely horrible heart burn so I deal with it.

I only get visual snow when I stand up fast after sitting for hours

Nope...
Mine isn’t so bad thankfully.

Try out high quality fish oil (1000mg EPA+DHA, min 500mg DHA), methycobalamin, methylfolate and vitamin b6 as P5P, plus CDP Choline.

That should help you man, but temporarily make you more depressed, so there’s a warning.

Also, take KSM 66 Ashwagandha and Magnesium before sleep. Also give NAC a try.

Not much you can do about it once you have it, but quiet it down you most definitely can. Your brain is plastic enough to adapt to inverted images from your eyeball, it can adapt at least partially to tinnitus.
Wdym?

LOOK AT THESE FUCKING RESULTS!!!

I have most definitely picked up on something, thanks guys for the data (not harvesting for muh GCHQ or anything so stfu).

I suspect this is ultimately caused by stress, not that there is an easy way to reverse that damage.

But basically yeah, there is perhaps a scientific basis behind Sup Forums being red pilled! (And it also happens to be brain damage, but that doesn’t make us wrong)

Actually I get that too sometimes, now I think about it. I wonder why that is, but whatever that is its not related to pol.

This has been a great thread guys

>who have responded to this poll
This would be a big issue here. Most people with neither would just ignore the thread.

Oh God, I can already tell, this is gonna spark a series of threads. Retards are going to pick this up and run with it, and we'll have /Tinnitus Generals/ in the catalog well into the summer. It's gonna blow up like the Mandela Effect but localized on Sup Forums, just watch.

...and yes I do have tinnitus.

Very true, this is far from perfect.

The results are too disproportionate to be just from sampling bias though, in my opinion. But good point.

Nah, hopefully it wont - this information isn’t helpful information, its just an interesting (probably accurate imo) theory.

However, I feel like this correlation only make sense with men. I feel like women are more likely to become sympathetic (not a bad thing) and liberal from ANY form of suffering.

Oh and by the way, smoking will probably help significantly. If it helps schizophrenics with their sensory gating issues, it will help us with ours.

It’s also interesting that nobody has only visual snow - perhaps this is because the auditory nerve is “quieter” and thus more susceptible to noise from being too active, or at least too actively “noticed” by the brain.

probably something to do with blood pressure, I cant imagine its normal but it almost like you feel a little dizzy and its like static sorta like thousands of pic related

Attached: 15531134.jpg (493x335, 7K)

Blood pressure is absolutely not the cause of this for the vast vast majority of people, but perhaps for a reason I haven’t realized it can still bring it on.

Irrelevant though, especially to Sup Forums, but still worth investigating.

I smoked for 10 years, never had any effect on tinnitus that I noticed. I vape, these days, and there's been no change from that either.

As a quick thought, perhaps the route to helping with this is to take drugs that decrease awareness. This probably has to do with a high glutamate:GABA balance, so decreasing glutamate and increasing GABA should help - indeed that is the case with the current lines of treatment, but these don’t work very well.

It seems like these changes are permanent adaptations to stress. Whatever helps with sensory gating issues will also help.

Anyway, this thread has probably run it’s course as there’s a pretty thorough conclusion from all of this (as I’ve mentioned a bunch of times, increased sensory awareness is correlated with increased intellectual awareness, I.e. the red pill, which sorta translates as the red pill being brain damage in its own way), but by all means continue to vote if you haven’t done so already.

Unless you have something interesting to contribute (particularly in helping sufferers), that’ll be all for now.

Tinnitus here. My doctors have told me nothing can be done for it. The only thing that I've found to offer any relief is to listen to a 7 - 9 kHz tone. You can find them on youtube. The ringing goes away for just a few seconds and then is right back, it's annoying AF.

Is it from hearing loss?

Try out high quality fish oil (1000mg EPA+DHA, min 500mg DHA), methylcobalamin, methylfolate, vitamin b6 as P5P, and CDP Choline. This should provide the structural components necessary for neurogenesis and remyelination, as well as helping with sensory gating impairment.

It’s known as Mr Happy’s Uridine stack (you don’t need to buy Uridine as a standalone supplement, as CDP Choline itself increases plasma uridine levels more than enough)

I've got tinnitus all day every day, had it for as long as I can remember and it goes to the beat of my heart.

It stems from the increasing over time hereditary hearing loss my mum and her dad have. The worse my hearing gets, the worse the tinnitus is. So far I've lost around 60-65% of my hearing over a lot of frequencies and the ringing is something I've never got used to.

Help me, Sup Forums, I love music too much for this shit.

You're a fucking brainlet. The majority of people who would click on this thread are the people who have it. Almost everyone else would skip past it.

Attached: 34633.jpg (438x374, 19K)

i've had tinnitus for as long as i remember, it's like a constant ringing in my ears. i only really notice it if it's quiet though
sorry to hear that man, can't imagine losing any of my senses

also, the increased awareness is likely due to the fact that your brain is already working to filter out the noise/visual shit all day, so it's like a strengthened muscle.

>Try to sleep but noises outside
>Pop in ear plugs, get comfy
>Head starts ringing because of silence
>Can't help but focus on ringing
>Ringing only gets louder
FUCK I HATE IT. It's not super bad since it only happens or at least is noticeable when things are silent but good god it's annoying when you can't sleep because you focus and intensify a noise your own head makes.

Attached: 1492546897820.png (540x622, 228K)

>why would that be related to dp/dr?
by saying increase awareness you're implying you're brain is actually getting better at what it's doing. In reality this whole deal is caused by an inhibition of the anterior cingulate cortex and amygdala which will cause hypoemotionality and indifference to pain, creating that "i'm living in the back of my head" scenario.
Same as deja vu, your brain is fucking up and giving you a false sense of "power" which is just not there.

That’s your brain adapting to filter out the noise through your headphones, and when it goes away the adaptation dies with it. It’s in the same way that you can look at a spiral for 30 seconds, and then look around you and see things spiraling in real life for some seconds.

Your best bet, as I’ve said before, is to increase neuroplasticity, and improve sensory gating, as well as lowering your glutamate:GABA ratio.

I’m not repeating again, scroll up to see what I’ve recommended. If that doesn’t work, you’re just going to have to distract yourself.

I see your point, but I still think even if we controlled for that (somehow) we’d have a high tinnitus and/or visual snow percentage.

I can try baiting people in order to control for that, maybe I will tomorrow.

That’s an interesting idea too, but I think that the issue in the first place is from the increased awareness. Either way, there is probably a correlation.

What causes and treats this inhibition?

hey im happy to see this thread as there doesnt seem to be much googleable info about it. i tried looking up something similiar, as i have both visual snow and tinnitus..anyway i tried looking up but couldnt find anything about the fact that i have a circle flash that appears in my vision often, that is like i *think* called a cuemark in cinema, but its the circle that would pop up on reel film.

I have been thinking about this recently. I think the American scool system pushes against critical thinking and real logic. It has been going on for a long time i'd gess 30ish years. They ostricize young people who use different methods to come to the "correct" answers and the internet has made this way more visable, you have "hugbox" cliques. Anybody whom does not agree is shouted down and marginalised. Many of those people end up here i believe. I was lucky to have had books like Game of Logic by Lewis Carol, and other books and despite having been failed by the educational system i had access to the early Net (BBS) and usenet and shit. Shit i guess i started rambeling a bit there. Anyway Teach your Children Real Logic and game theory and Critical Thought. Noones going to do it unless you do.

Attached: chao.gif (350x530, 65K)

Go to an optician just to check its not retinal detachment. But I get flashes too, just they’re whole POV flashes and not circular.

so seeing dots makes you more likely to go right and correct path... i thought everyone could see those fucking dots, now I'm autistic and with superpowers?

Source for this image?

People can sometimes see them in the dark, but most do not in the light.

No superpowers lol, just increased awareness (IN MY OPINION at least)

>now I'm autistic and with superpowers?

Living the dream, my dude.

Attached: 777.jpg (575x296, 163K)

>destroying your eardrums makes you smart

wew lad

shock trauma genetic predisposition, in my case even extensive physical pain.
not to be confused with derealization : that shit happens often to people after a traumatic event, but usually fades somewhat fast
afaik epilepsy drugs and an increase in serotonin levels work somewhat, but ye, psychiatry is butchery in this day and age.

Dissociative Disorder

Attached: 1465301218644.jpg (604x482, 42K)

>most of us who aren’t rednecks
dropped
you faggots need to be gassed.
crinkolene wearing deskjockey faggots eternally btfo when a blue collar nigger can quote pi to 7 decimal places AND fix network issues AND service their own vehicles AND still remember rs232 conflicts in nema182 AND still manage to keep their shit together
i fucking hate you class war faggots, and you'll be the first against the wall on DOTR

I had it but it went away eventually.

>greater general awareness
paranoia

this is best looking image i have found, its edges are blurry like this, but it is almost a 'flash' like a phosphene/spot from looking at something bright appear to look bright. other images are too crisp or have a retarded bold boarder.
it isnt necessarily oval shaped, just circular

Attached: End_of_Japanese_Reel_6_-_Cue_Mark_2.png (853x480, 580K)

Interesting, did you take anything for that?

Could be to do with the blind spot that every human has (by the optic nerve iirc) that we naturally filter out. Your filtering out system is compromised (increased awareness, at the very least sensory)

Definitely go to an optician to check whether its retinal detachment though, seriously. It probably isn’t, but do it just in case

its probably a diagram for the patent for mindcontrol through computers. I think google owns the patent.

EBE Mini drones in my eyes/ field of vision at all times.

Eh I don’t believe that for one second. If some mysterious powers really wanted to, they could probably end up controlling things like movement and general emotional responses, but thoughts are far far too complicated for modern science.

>Who here has tinnitus and/or visual snow here?
Yo, and it fucking sucks.

Wdym

>Is it from hearing loss?
Not him but mine is.

I had pulsitile for a bit too but then it became the regular constant ringing/buzzing

Right, then this is still a brain issue (yes, even though the problem starts with your ear).

Do you have a misaligned jaw? If so, get braces.

you might like this, 8ch net/pol/res/11388622.html#11390517
i linked the start of his posts, this pasta is what is more related to this
What is associative horizon?

Elements of associative horizon

In my considerations about genius, I have over the years realized one of the pillars of brilliance is associative horizon (the other are intelligence and conscientiousness). To explain what I mean by this, here is a somewhat structured list of its suspected features:

Divergent and lateral abilities
Fluency in association: To see many associations to any given concept;
To see connections or similarities between remote concepts (this follows from fluency in association);
Flexibility (ability to see things in different functions, to switch from motif to background).
Resistances to narrowing mammalian phenomena
Resistance to conformism;
Resistance to suggestion;
Resistance to conditioning;
Resistance to automating tasks; preferring and inclined to "keep thinking" even when performing repetitive tasks;
Resistance to nonverbal communication ("body language" and the nonverbal components of speech); that is, not intuitively and unawarely interpreting or broadcasting such;
Resistance to socialization;
Resistance to empathy; that is, not intuitively and unawarely sensing what goes on inside the mind of the other person one is communicating with; not forming "theory of mind" when communicating;

Resistance to "emotion"; able to use ratio rather than emotion as the basis for behaviour.

What the hell kind of schizo thread is this
Wear earpro when you're shooting, be careful with the volume of your music, and don't bash your head into things, idiot.

I’m pissing off to sleep now, but this has been a great thread

this.

Attached: hillary-huma-sex-ring.jpg (640x340, 105K)

Vulnerabilities

High sensitivity for various types of sensorial input or external stimuli other than those of the social/nonverbal mammalian kind; this is not so much a quality in itself but a property of the brain that forms an underlying biological cause of wide associative horizon (in particular of the divergent and lateral abilities);

Disposition for the "placebo effect" and therefore inclination to form superstitions as one experiences first-hand that they "work"; this is a side-effect of high divergent and lateral ability (one may see associations and connections that are not real through mechanisms like hineininterpretieren), and makes a person with wide associative horizon vulnerable to magical thinking, and potentially inclined toward the occult as well as toward art or science;

Disposition for psychosis; the divergent and lateral abilities, when pushed too far by one's sensitivity or insufficiently controlled by the intellect, produce false results: Unreal associations and connections form (often paranoid) delusions, overactive flexibility causes (apophenic, pareidolic, motif-background) hallucinations.

That's the funny part, I already did. And got a retainer. The left side of my jaw is fucked up and I've tried seeing doctors, getting scans etc. and haven't gotten shit. The fucking thing pops when I open my mouth and protrudes out the left side of my head. It's not normal. I've also lost about half my hearing in that ear.

I have tinnitus/ringing only when it's dead silent. I used to think it was me being able to hear electricity or some shit when I was young. I'm pretty sure it's just tinnitus from having an m80 fire cracker go off near my ear when I was young.

Considerations

Summarized, the person with wide associative horizon is primarily living one's own mind, not letting one's mental state be determined or strongly affected by others. This is not a choice but a personality feature outside of one's control. Such a person may be seen as unusual, isolated, original, bizarre, detached from emotion, cold.

The most recent insight as to the cause of having a wide associative horizon concerns the intellect trying to make sense of the world in the absence of mammalian instincts like empathy and "nonverbal communication" (facial expression, intonation, and body language). This is what one sees in Aspergoid, schizoid, autistic, or some premorbid schizophrenic persons. Such a condition widens associative horizon, while also increasing and advancing awareness. It is as if the intellect can operate much more freely when not held back by the ancient mammalian biases of instinct. The level of intelligence and the depth of the disturbance of instinct both play a role in determining the width of associative horizon. It is a synergistic interaction; Intelligence combined with the defect of instinct first causes associative horizon to be wide, and then intelligence and associative horizon both contribute to creativity (together with conscientiousness).

quality of threads has been pretty off the charts these past few NIGHTS, shilling is def a dayjob. i often sit here thinking how amazing some of the things i read are on here, only to be reminded of the idiocy of normalfags

fuck captcha, where is legacy??

Attached: 1521857088954.png (1322x2891, 485K)

Visual snow here
Had it for the last 10 years or so, barely gave a shit about it until, few months ago, I almost completly lost my night vision and became oversensitive to light

Saw tons of doctors, passed an RMI...etc, until I found out on the internet that it could be a secondary symptom of the visual snow I have
Really asspained now

>I used to think it was me being able to hear electricity

kek

Attached: 1520350002439.jpg (337x395, 20K)

you're gonna catch up to me eventually :3

Its just the brain waves that go crazy in correlation with the higher awareness

>fuck captcha, where is legacy??
(((google))) figured out that they could get more shekels with the picture one. Fucking sucks mate.

Sounds a lot like a bad migraine, mate.

I was like 10 or something, wishing I had super powers

My tinnitus sparked on april 2017
wondering if related to political climat and spectre/meltdown

my parents told me it was normal when I got it when I was 5, and told me that for the following 10 years

I've done lots of stims and psychs. A ringing bell is a given.
It's not bad though. Tolerable.

for me it lasts 30 seconds at most after straining excercise, I asked my parents about this one when I was a child but I got laughed and never brought it up again, nice to know that other people have the same thing. and without being cringy, I always saw myself as in thought more capable in depth than others but not so much in speed.

Yeah, a migraine that's been lasting since october without any pause then...
It's not a "come and go" thing like migraines, it's constant
And there is no pain, just a weird feeling in my brain when I move my head

I hope it's nothing serious, frog. Best of luck

thank m8
I hope it'll just go away, altho I know it wont
Better try to get used to it...

I think I have tinnitus because I blew up a lot of fire crackers as a kid

Attached: whoa.jpg (650x529, 32K)

Attached: 28685371_1512170688892329_6680532029312099987_n.jpg (720x720, 37K)

tap the back of your head repeatedly for a few minutes to relieve tinnitus, let your eyes rest for the snow

This is some BIR/CIA shit right here.

Attached: 13124894_1055521511194962_590992002379194412_n.jpg (540x540, 39K)

visual snow comes from the brain, some people think it is linked with migraines which i get myself, but mainly the scotoma aura's only.

visual snow zooms around fast (my ones do anyway)

your pic related looks like "floaters" which are blobs inside the eye that float around, and arent brain related. (you are supposed to go to the eye doctor if you get these floaters because of some of the causes).

anyway as for OP: there could be a link I suppose. my iq is 135 and have tested 140 once.

What is visual snow?
My tinnitus never turns off but if there's lots of noise I don't notice it