Harem "winners"

Why does everyone fight over whether their girl "wins" in harem animes. Isn't wanting your girl to get fucked by MC just the ultimate cuckoldry?

Pic somewhat related, though you see this all over with reee:zero, nisekoi, SnS etc.

But she doesn't exist, you can't get cucked by a drawing.

If you're into waifufaggotry and you're not even self-inserting as the MC, how do you even tolerate your waifu being around him in the first place?

>wanting a character you enjoy to be happy with their love interest is cuckoldry

You want your favourite girl to win so that all the other girls do not win.

Agreed
t.cuckolds
Especially third one. That's almost as bad as liking NTR.

>t.

dont do this here

It's always hard for me to believe how many people on here are so bad at life they even watch anime wrong.

How hard is it to enjoy a story from the perspective of an intentionally low-character generic MC when the whole show is explicitly designed to be enjoyed that way?

For the most part, I don't read harems because the most obvious girl is going to win and all the other girls are left to be alone forever, never moving on.

In regards to Konosuba, I don't really care that Megumin won. I was more annoyed that it became less of a comedy and more of a poorly written romance due to the decisions to focus on harems and romancing girls. It became what it was parodying.

it would be if I existed in that universe but I don't so she's either going to end up with another man or spend eternity in loneliness.

Actually, I bet it's just the oldest oldfags. I grew up bingeing on this kind of garbage right when I was around the ages of the characters, and it takes only a mild suspension of disbelief to keep enjoying them as an adult since there's no realism to them anyway.

Maybe if you're too old you'll just never know the joy of having your inner teenager truly pandered to

Because harem anime is for self-insert protags.

>self-inserting as a god instead
but those don't want to fuck anyone and you do
check mate

>Harem "winners"
The pool list is very very small when everyone wins. You watch it for the characters, and not being a loser self insert waifufag.

>self-inserting

"Shipperfags are the worst cancer of Sup Forums" -user at the beginning of times.
People don't just say that out of a whim. Basically if you watch ANYTHING and have a ship, you are wrong, simple as that.

The vast majority of harem MCs are utterly pathetic and their thought processes near-alien. Self-inserting into them makes me feel gross so I simply ignore them on the occasions where I watch a harem.

re:zero isn't a harem anime to begin with.

You're not supposed to relate to a self-insert character or feel like their horrible traits reflect on you, they're essentially just a plot device for the real characters to interact with.

Some exceptional ones do have character traits of their own that aren't horrible, though.

I hate self insert characters.

Konosuba is not a harem tho.
Only Megumeme and Lalatina are in the Kuzumabowl.