Monogatari series

Just finished the anime. What's your favorite arc? I'm between Koyomi Edgelord (Vamp), Hitagi End and Tsubasa Tiger

Tsubasa Tiger

I liked Kizumonogatari movies more than TV series.

All that Sodachi nonsense in Owari.

I'm not sure I would've enjoyed Kizu at all had I not read the LN beforehand, Shaft was trying way harder than usual to be artsy in those movies to fill in the blanks caused by dragging out a short story for as long as they did.

While I absolutely fucking love the end of Second Season, because Kaiki is probably the best character.

Owarimonogatari S2 is better in pretty much every way that counts.

Kizu movies weren't helped by cutting out the narration. Yeah, it's one of the more action-y arcs in the series, but it's still Monogatari so a lot of stuff got dropped that was in monologues in the book.

They did a great job animating Araragi, but it's the kind of thing where you'll only really understand what all the body language is if you've already read the book. Then again, maybe they figured that since the movie had been delayed half a decade by that point that everybody had already read it.

Regarding OP, I'm going to be a pretentious twat and say Karen Bee. It's basically Nisio taking half a season to say "Helping people is heroic," but goddamn if it wasn't enjoyable.

I don't know. I've read all of the LN's (in Japanese) and kizu is the worst written by far in my opinion. I understand why they cut out the dialogue.

Hitagi End is my favorite, followed closely by Nadeko Medusa, Tsubasa Tiger, and Ougi Formula/Sodachi Riddle/Sodachi Lost. If non-animated arcs count, Nadeko Draw is also up there.

Karen Bee and Tsukihi Phoenix because of best girl debuting. Suruga devil was really good towards the end too

Koimonogatari and Yotsugi is best girl.

They cut out all the best Yotsugi dialogue, she turns into a full-on smug cunt (due to being thoroughly corrupted by Koyomi & especially Tsukihi) later on.

How are the official English translations of the LNs?

This. It's what made me finally fall in love with her character, so it's a real shame.

Pretty decent.

Nadeko Medusa is my favorite, I think

Math-arc. Sodachi riddle and Sodachi lost.

Shinobu Time and Hitagi End.
I liked Hachikuji's farewell a lot, and Kaiki is a great character.

Tsubasa Tiger and Ougi Dark

>What's your favorite arc?
Kizumonogatari, although a close 2nd is when the series came to a close and I can close the chapter on this garbage all together.

show's not over yet, faggot. there are still plenty of books to adapt

>there are still plenty of books to adapt
>implying I'm going to watch that crap

k

Extensive list of things Ougi did wrong:

I like yotsugi doll a lot

I've literally never seen anyone with this opinion before.

Sodachi Lost, I can't wait for Sodachi Fiasco even though it will obviously not be received nearly as well by the non math fans.

I enjoyed the Sodachi arc, and I really did feel for the character hard. She's one of the only Monogatari girls whose personality isn't basically just being a dick sleeve for rrragi (don't get me wrong, I like the girls, but you've gotta admit it). The way her arc from when she was a kid and her mother transpired was genuinely heartbreaking, and seeing the aftereffects of such a traumatizing experience (her apartment and general aversion to socializing) was genuinely moving.

Now that I'm thinking harder about it, Sodachi might be my favorite arc, too.

>She's one of the only Monogatari girls whose personality isn't basically just being a dick sleeve for rrragi (don't get me wrong, I like the girls, but you've gotta admit it).
But this isn't even remotely true. There's elements of pandering to all the girls, I'm not denying that, but to claim that they don't have characterization outside of Araragi is silly. Almost half of the girls have been POV characters in arcs without Araragi in them at all.