I want to be a villain because I'm just evil

>I want to be a villain because I'm just evil.
How was such a shallow villain acceptable? Why do most people this shallow series to be the greatest new shounen around?

>I wanna shitpost because I'm just bored.
How was such a shallow user acceptable? Why do most people this shallow bait be the greatest new bait around?

The point is his perception is immature. He develops over the series.

Giving villains a tragic back-story or relatable "Raisin Day-Tray" is boring. Antagonists being evil for the sake of being evil is refreshing

he wants to redpill the world

You talk like if a villain isn't tragic, they have to be generic. There are many unique motivations to even evil pricks. It can be greed or being a mad scientist. Even when it comes to villains who are just cruel and sadistic, we get an idea of what goes through their minds and how it works when they enjoy causing terror. The characterization of Shigaraki was plain lazy.

literally Evil Deku

And why does that make it good? If a character's purpose was to touch little girls and he slowly turns into a full blown pedo it becomes a "this development is 2 intellect 4 u"? He's still shit, through and through and has no reason for what he does.

Keep in mind the joker has the same motivations as this guy.

>How was such a shallow villain acceptable? '
Why do you think he's shallow? He looks like a pretty accurate depiction of someone infantile and antisocial growing into someone less infantile, more competent and, funny enough, less antisocial.

>Why do most people this shallow series to be the greatest new shounen around?
Why do you think it's shallow?

I want to moisturize Shiggy

>it's shit on purpose

The plot is as simple as it gets.
>Kid wants to be a hero and joins this school for heroes.
>Training arc.
>His rival is a stereotypical bully.
>More training arc.
>Bland villains who are evil for the sake of being evil come in and attack.
>Tournament arc.
The first character to really show any sign of depth was Todoroki but that too 18 freaking episodes to show.

Do you understand the basics of story telling?

>Why do most people this shallow series to be the greatest new shounen around?
Because there's nothing better. New shounen are shit in general. MHA is at least entertaining and the animation is decent.

I think you confuse depth with a tragic backstory and shallowness with simplicity. Those are not the same things.

Not even the user you replied to but
>strawman strawman strawman

>muh tragic backstory means deep character
Just drop it.

Not even the show takes this fucker seriously. If any of these pro heroes cared about taking down the League of Villains, then it would be done already. Give me one reason why the
Kamino Raid group can put so much effort into rescuing Bakugo and suddenly not give a shit when the League is out doing something else? Nighteye Agency found twice in the streets with Chisaki and didn't contact any heroes besides a nigger with an F-Tier Quirk, Old jet booster, a lol-tier dragon, U.A. kids, and offscreen fodders.

They incapacitated the league in three pages flat during Kamino, and people still treat these fuckers like a big deal? BNHAfags just wish they had some forces to be reckoned with, instead of these "ow the edge" fujobait tier villains. Admit it. If Japan actually gave a fuck about taking down the League of Villains, they'd all be dead by now.

>New shounen are shit in general.
Um hello?

What the fuck are you even talking about? Everyone knows that VA are not that competent or threatening without AfO.

There are hardly any good exploration of dramatic themes. They just keep coming up with bad excuses to have kickass fights.

He's manipulated into thinking that.

Well, you might want to watch a drama if you want that.

it also doesn't have a good romance, shitty fucking show

>*nothing happens*

You want an answer to your post or are you trolling the guy?

I feel the author just wants to create another Joker but it fails miserably. Everytime he wants to do something "evil", it's just half-baked.
Still don't understand why he is still around. .

WHY CAN'T YOU FAGGOTS JUST MALE ONE THREAD

I LITERALLY WAIT ALL DAY FOR SOMETHING TO TURN UP AND YOU ALL SPERG OUT TRYING TO HAVE YOUR OP BE THE ONE

KYS

Actually, something I love about many shounen is how they use many things in combination and it works so much better than on their own. Many series make great use of drama for us to care about the characters and give the fights meaning. It's also a great way to make the atmosphere more complete as we get all aspects of emotions and life in it.

That's understandable in real life. Normal lives just equal normal characters.

Only retards seek deep plots in a manga for kids.
I read boku no hero mostly because of the comfy SOL moments.
Are you the kind of guy who also thinks that snk and hxh are deep? Kek.

Welp, here we have a problem, because I for some reason still care for the characters and see the fights as meaningful. So either there's still enough drama in the series and you're just missing it, or drama isn't required for all of that.

>comfy sol
The romance is kinda bad. BnHA treats itself too seriously when in reality, it's literally a manga about kids wanna be heroes.

>The romance is kinda bad.
>He says comfy sol
Do you realize those things do not correlate?

Love is a not part of daily life?

I think you're missing the point of Shiggi completely. Sure, he's the foil for Deku the same way Joker is fot Batman, but Deku and Batman are different kind of a character: Deku is really human-like while Batman is almost a god, and that's why Shiggi as Deku's foil is also really human-like as in being terribly flawed.

You got the wrong guy, user.The evil one for evil's sake is AFO.

You just have low standards, MHA is just really average. Sure, it's fun for the fights but because the emotional involvement is lacking, the fights can't be much more than simple fun fights. It shouldn't be able to compete with how emotionally engaging many other shounen manage to be.

>BnHA treats itself too seriously when in reality, it's literally a manga about kids wanna be heroes.
I guess, you imply that there's a contradiction somewhere in that statement, but I fail to see it.

This series is not for you, then. For me it's fine as it is, without forced drama, short, but meaningful fights.

>literally who

>You just have low standards
You know, everytime I hear this as an argument, I imagine someone saying that as 19 y.o. brony wearing a fedora. I think you can't get emotilnally invested in this story, just because you don't get it and not because you have any standards.

>greatest new shounen
But this isnt Black Clover.

Proof you're shit.

there's literally nothing else to watch you fucking cuck
>already caught up on jojo manga
>Basically caught up on one piece
>everything else is dumpster tier shit

You cannot follow a plot for children?

His parents died in some circumstance that he believes that the heroes should have been able to prevent or save them from, but failed to do so. As such, he has come to the conclusion that they're just doing what they want, and have no real interest in saving people for the sake of it, and so he decides to just do whatever he feels like doing all the time, mostly destroying things that annoy him. However, unlike Stain, he had no real conviction or even understanding of his own drivers and motivation. Acting without thinking, operating entirely on whim. However, after observing Stain, he has now decided that he should show the world the failure of the Hero system, by destroying the greatest hero.

This guy gets it. And then there's all those weidos screaming about shit taste and low standards, whern it's literally one of the top three currently published series.

The hero-villain for kids should be easy to digest. Someone is a bully, sure make them understand it is bad. In BnHA, the author goes a very deliberate way of explaining friendship and everything, which is a typical way of japanese manga and I don't blame it.
My cousin loves comic books and movies like Avenger, but when I showed him BnHA, he discarded it.
I guess BnHA is more suitable for older teenagers, but for kids, make it more readable.

>>I want to be a villain because I'm just evil.
Seem realistic to me.

Freeze yourself for 50 years or so and wait for Hunter to finish.

I wonder if the author actually thought Shigaraki was a legitimate villain at first but after the criticism about how shallow he is, decided to retcon that and pretend that he intentionally made him shit all along.

Would you rather have it be naruto where every single character has some tragic backstory and backwards retard ideology that they can be talked into giving up?

You might be right, but I'm reading this as a 27 y.o. who really enjoys shounens, and I like this one so much I couldn't care less what kids prefer.

You're also proved to be shit.

I don't think so. His relationship with AfO as a mentor were already established in the first arc he appears in, so I find that unlikely.

The very first time other characters discus shigaraki, they call him a manchild and suggest that he didn't have a clear goal for the attack in the first place

>"next arc has to be better"

HE'S A VILLAIN
HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD YOU STUPID CUNT
What kind of bait is this?????

There's no bullshit. I love it.

Shoo, go play outdoors

Not here user

I was talking about his character, not his motives. Both are bad, his character just happens to be worse.

Look it up, it's an example of a NEW shounen that makes good use of drama and unique storytelling to enhance the experience. Something MHA can learn from.

Because bnha is a manga based on silver age super hero comics. Not that i love this fact but this is why it is acceptable in this context.

Look it up yourself, than post the name here.

Shiggy is probably going to be revealed to be a tragic character from the bread crumbs we've been given. Where I wish he was evil because he feels the world is unfair because it treats his power is a deadly weapon. It is still a reasonable reason for him to just being evil, and a villain. The world is not fair, but its no reason to be a psyco and kill people. Nor is it a good reason to destroy it to make everyone else suffer the same way you did when it was not their fault. That is spiteful, and bitter. Yet it is villainous. Tragic or not.

Yeah, that's kinda the point. He's a cynical kid with superpowers.

You say posting literally who 1B girls in awkward positions to distract us and hopefully change the subject.

Of all things to criticize about you pick the stupid "villains can't just be evil" meme

It's not because he's shallow, it's because he's a shit leader.

Debut appearance:
>loses noumu
>loses all his rental villains
>gets shot a dozen times

Stain:
>gets told by hero killer
>loses three Noumus

Forest:
>loses Muscular
>loses Mustard
>loses more Noumus

Kamino
>forces his master outside
>he gets arrested

Sure he got one over on Chisaki but that required the Yakuza choking on their own shit and Deku asspulling himself to victory. He can't do shit on his own whereas Deku has reached chosen one levrls.

>Not being able to do it yourself.
No wonder your taste is so shit with that lack of a brain. There are at least three obvious ways you can try that all works.

Horikoshi literally has said the whole point of the series is the student-teacher relationship.

I thought he was supposed to be a example on how most villains are just giant manchildren.

You know what OP.
That would actually be refreshing.
That would work
I AM EVIL BECAUSE I LIKE IT AND WANT TO BECOME THE GREATEST EVIL THERE IS
TO REVEL IN EVIL DEEDS

That would be better then this clusterfuck of stupid what the fuck is going on we have now.

I would have loved LOVED is AfO raised him specifically to be a supervillian. To think of himself as the worlds greatest evil.
To be the personification of an evil comic book supervillian.

He's a badly written villain in a badly written manga. Nothing surprising OP.

>the whole point of the series is the student-teacher relationship.
Then his editors should slap the shit out of him.

The teachers have done less then fuck and all.

The one thing most people read this book for was Allmight and Deku hero and sidekick adventures in the quirked suepr society.

We got none of that.

>student-teacher relationship
When Hori introduced Mirio, the whole relationship just took a very sour and seemed poorly-written.

It's not my taste, it's you being a lazy piece of shit who can't even type in the name of his so called better manga.

It's not a bad thing to be a villain for the sake of doing bad things. Just like how Deku wants to be a hero because he want to save people.

Technically, it can be both.

I prefer villains being evil just for the sake of it, otherwise they are easily beatable when convinient, such as letting the Mc live just cause he wants to make him see how he loses.

You're right. All Might would have made a better villain. Maybe he's the traitor

>Comfy sol
>Romance
SoL isn’t just romance

This

What? are you telling me people don't have romance all over their lives? I have it with 20 different girls everyday, I thought it was a normal part of life.

So it's allowed to be generic because it's based on other generic works and that then makes it good. That's almost as bad as those retards saying New Game was anime of the season because it doesn't try at all.

>I’m just evil for the sake of evil
>Literally sprang around as a side effect of the MC’s mentor’s idea of justice and peace
>That the mentor’s nemesis use to direct said antagonist’s hate towards MC’s mentor
>Evil for sake of evil
ITT anons saying “this is a story for kids” while simultaneously missing this central plot point? Ironic desu

It's the plot equivalent of retro video game graphics

Saike Mata Shitemo

user he
>fucking killed his father
>was taken in by a sociopath who hates All Might
>now he hates All Might as well
Shiggy is incompetent and a general fuck up but the whole point of his character is to grow in the villain world at the same time Deku is growing in the hero world.

You're not convincing me to read whatever generica nonsense you consider good

For what reason does a villain need to be evil? This guy just wants to be evil and that's his gig, nobody's calling you out for wanting to be a faggot because you want to suck cocks.

He is just fucked up in his mind plus the enviroment where he was raised. It's pretty easy i think.

>develops over the series

More like

>randomly starts caring about his underlings offscreen so hori can force villainous MUH TRUU COMPANIONS despite it completely going against his previous character.

>episodes

How could you say that giving a character reasons and a motivation for doing what they do is boring but being evil for no other reason isn't? I agree that the tragic backstory is overdone and lame, but it's better than the bad guy existing for no other reason that to have someone for the MC to fight against. The story even covers this exact topic with how Stain attracted more sympathizers than Shiggy because Stain actually had a reason and motivation, he was more interesting.