Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau - Children of the Whales

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau - Children of the Whales

Episode 8

Wasn't there a thread without any kind of identification but the OP image a little bit ago? I've been looking for it, it must have fell off the board.

Best girl!

Time for some land whale action.

JC staff confirmed for bros.

This guy.

Holy fuck it is 1.2 GB.

Being edgy is good sometimes when you need to make a decision quick.

>Ouni
>edgy
You're thinking about the pink clown.

Edgy is too strong for the current situation seeing pink is around maybe? He was pretty edgy to me when Falaina was still in utopian mode.

As amazing as this show looks, I'm about ready to drop it. The pacing is just awful. Why are we doing exposition dumps and sudden backstory montages for characters we don't give a shit about when there's a battle going on? Nobody moved more than 30 feet from where they were last week.

Is there actually anything worth sticking around for?

Well you watched 2/3 of it, might as well watch the rest.

Sand loli busting out some moves.UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ.

Ive dropped a show on the second to last episode before

Kill yourself.

Her song was amazing. I love that they added a Disney style musical number completely out of nowhere in an anime for once. Japan is learning.

The only show I dropped on episode 8 was Madoka, and that just because I could not deal with having to watch another minute of SHAFT, if your only probems are pacing and that it's kinda boring then 4 more episodes won't hurt.

You were not kidding the song was amazing.

You’re actually lost for good if you dropped Madoka. Madoka has been the most discussed anime while airing since the beginning of Sup Forums and it’s honestly one of the best anime series ever written.

>suou sees pink in his head
Here we go.

>dropped Madoka at episode 8

Two more episodes and you would have witnessed the single best episode in anime history and the youngest episode on the god list in japan.

And then two more episodes to witness one of the worst endings in anime history. What a roller coaster of quality.

>most discussed
>no big threads for months
Also, the Butcher has not written anything decent in the last 10 years.

Lay off the grain jc staff., please.

The ending of Madoka was one of the best ending in anime ever. The ending was actually so good to the point a lot of fans didn’t like the movie simply because it continued a story with a near perfect ending.

Linkin park arc.

There’s multiple Madoka threads every day.

It's one of two endings that I can think of that actually sours the entire show preceding it, the other being Clannad. Madoka having the expressed power to literally wish for anything and choosing to wish for a "solution" that literally solves nothing (magical girls remain necessary, and they still wind up corrupting and dying) is amazingly infuriating.

You’re so very wrong about your entire point it’s actually funny. There was never hope. That’s always been the point.

All of them dead in 10 replies.

If you want to portray that, you should portray that despite efforts to solve the problem. What Madoka did honestly can't even be called a bandaid. And the only reason it sucks as hard as it does is because the show establishes that she can wish for anything.

>they got branded heretics because they stuck their dicks in faliana and made babbywhales

No they didn’t.

Listen to the first part of the intro to FMA. Madoka follows those principles.

I have no idea what is going on anymore.

Equal exchange. There’s always got to be a balance.

Does Neri heal the dead?

It came from her heart.

I need this with the music.

Best boy was not cute at all this episode.

>more exposition dumps
Had my fill of those back in episode 3 when I dropped it. How did you last that long?

The ending was timed to Easter too.

I know it is tsunami and all but I want to believe it was intended to be so.

>spanish guitar bgm
Pinko never had a chance.

>not cute

Don’t worry guys. Shuan is going to save the day.

>slow piano instrumental of the ed/op
Nice, my weakness.

>How did you last that long?
Well, I thought they would have dumped everything by now.

Also, the visuals- I figured that if they put that much budget and effort into the art design, they surely wouldn't drop the ball on the storytelling and essentially make the whole thing worthless. Surely they would have thought about how they were going to properly adapt it, right?

I haven't cringed this hard at the direction of a show before. Maybe because it's so underwhelming compared to the other aspects of this show.

i keep listening to neri's song, send help

I'm not dropping it, but I have to agree, this whole episode felt like it progressed very little.

Turkey hat returns.

volume 1 of the manga was officially released in english last week, with volume 2 coming in january. i wonder if the manga is any different

The series is great. Do you just hate anime?

I’m the same.

No, user, disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate anime.

Someone explain pink to me.

i thought it was a girl until this episode

>great
No, user, it looks great. Everything else is either average or below average. You should watch more anime.

I’ve watched more anime than you and I still believe it’s great. I like this anime more than shows like Akira, Bebop and Evangelion.

This episode wasn't great, but I did like the captain fighting the pink freak.

Bebop is fucking garbage so that's not saying a lot. But yes I also think this show is pretty good.

I take it back. He was extra cute in this scene.

How are they gonna integrate him into the falena crew?

Wait did episode eight already happen?

Subs were out an hour or two ago.

yes

Probably half of Falena is dead at this point. How will they recover?

With love and hugs from suou.

No.

fuggin

Where's are the scans? Why does this manga have no scans?

Heh.

scanlations are incomplete and were dropped. official version only has one volume so far

You are amazing user.

Thank you.

>i wish i could've patted you more

cringed at that. why should we care about a character dying that has been in 2 prior episodes

There are around but they arent that far either if I remembered correctly, a new group seems to be taking up the series again though

The direction and pacing is all over the place.
I get the feeling that this show would have worked really well had it been done with 24 or 26 episodes, but like this? Man, it's a total waste of potential.
It has all the elements to become something like Escaflowne or Shinsekai Yori but it just keeps falling short at each episode that goes by due to terrible direction.
I wonder how they will conclude this in 4 more episodes but my guess is that a lot of people will not be happy.
Truly such a shame.

In addition to the visual, the sound and music are good too. The loli's songs are salient examples, but the atmospheric tracks during the ominous scenes come to mind as being done quite well. Love the ED too.

I feel the same way. This episode is nearly the epitome of your point. But its worse sin is its extreme deficiency of best girl.

Seeing this is netflix, hopefully season 2 soon.

how is it that netflix can call something a netflix original and not even have it available

What? Is this really a Netflix series?

Yes. Hence the lack of any of the other major streaming services picking it up and thus no HorribleSubs release of it. Thank god for based Asenshi saving anime with decent fansubs.

I had really high hopes for this show, and I'm still enjoying it despite the godawful slow pacing. I just hope something will actually happen by the end of it.

it's 'in association with netflix', but for whatever reason netflix isn't making it available in the west until some time next year

I guess that explains all the hate for this series despite it being very good. It’s just muh secret club weebs. I knew they could do it and they actually did. I’m glad there’s another source for high budget anime now but that’s just me. I can’t wait for the shelter anime either.

They provided the funding, you should know this by now.

Good thing japanese netflix isnt going full retarded "lets just release it when it is completed for binging", so far anyway.

>muh secret club weebs
No? It's because it's fucking janky as fuck.

Nice excuse.

They just have the license. It airs on TV in Japan like any normal show. No one is shitting on it because muh Netflix, they're shitting on it because it takes forever for anything to happen and they can't seem to nail the tone for most dramatic/emotional scenes.

>muh secret club weebs
The hell this even means? Fucking retarded.

That’s all Netflix was ever going to do is just pay for more anime and you guys are the ones that freaked out.

It means what it means. Stay mad.

> That’s all Netflix was ever going to do is just pay for more anime
What? Netflix has several exclusives announced / released. This is different, it's just a licensing.

This series could benefit from not continuing to introduce 6-7 new characters every episode. Though maybe it's just because the MC is so lame, the author has to keep creating reasons to keep him out of the spotlight.

So that’s why you hate this series?