Any ENFJs?

Does anyone know any prominant ENFJ characters in anime? The closest I can get is Mello from Death Note, but he could also be an ESFJ going through the "no im hardcore" phase or a shitty meme ESFP
Also feel free to fight me over this shit, I feel I can confidently back up each character sans Tomoko cause I haven't seen the show but the depression/ awkwardness reminds me of INFP's struggles. It'd be INTP if it wasn't so significantly depressing.

Other urls found in this thread:

politicsandprosperity.com/2011/01/04/intelligence-personality-politics-and-happiness/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Type of personality is so bad for real people but they looking good in anime.

>tfw INFP

Infj here, what’s the basis for grifto?
Don’t get the vibe at all

Is Okabe really an E if all of his Hououin Kyouma personality is fake and to hide his real, pathetic self?

You guys all do realise that the Myers-Briggs bullshit is complete hogwash, and pseudoscience right?

who autistINTP here

It's a model.
Newton's theory of gravity is false but it still works.
Learn 2 into science.

Just like a lot of discipline, what's it's more, there are not so much things you can say are facts.

No fun allowed

Absolutely, but it's neat to think about. It's like astrology but dependent on your actual personality rather than your birthday.

There's a certain standard of quality though. Myers-briggs is a shitty simplification.

Lol I get so much hate for telling the truth, just do the big 5 personality test if you want a real personality test.

So? Are you working on your own model of personality then please post it.

I think GRIFFFFFFFFFFFISU is what you're looking for. You mistyped him.

>t. Brainlet who can't into the point.

yeah, but it's fun and personality differences are real

entire field is barely science. kys

The old anime Griffith is a lot more INFJ to me.
It's so intwined thematically that he's the pinnacle archetype meme for an INFJ.
His "muh dream" stuff, "purpose" and your goal/ direction in life is largely dictated by strong presence of Ni (surprisingly even if it's an unvalued function)
He consistently places worth on the emotional perspective of others and feels compelled to carry burdens and make sacrifices and shit like that. He thinks through objective emotional worth along side the whole "purpose + action" as opposed to- idk what else, subjective emotion that Fi contains.
He also portrays what someone who is simultaneously rational and extremely irrational is like, not so dissimilar from regular INFJs.
You can rationalize the "big plot twist" in his favour, but everyone fundamentally knows it's fucked up.

His relationship with Guts, who is irrefutably meme ISTP, is one of admiration for his raw indepence/ existence and ability to just "act" on a whim through his life. Guts' Se is fucking visceral, and its imagery is pounded into your brain when watching the show/ reading the manga, and Griffith gets the hots for this.

Guts lacks purpose. Griffith needs someone to make the big actions (inferior Se)
INFJs irl even tend to manipulate STPs in general due to their sort of "latent power" they have. INFJs come into the fray with a big picture, and almost "recruit you" into their ideology.

The more I talk about it though the more I'm actually convinced he might be ENFJ, and it's more of a dual relationship between him and Guts.
But on the show he has the cadence of an INFJ so hard that it should be the fucking measuring stick for all other INFJs.

It's way more science than this retarded shit. To say the whole field is barely science is quite wrong. A lot of stuff in the field is shit, I admit, but it's not all shit. Personality psychology is one of the ones that isn't.

>Is Okabe really an E if all of his Hououin Kyouma personality is fake and to hide his real, pathetic self?
E hiding a pathetic side is a thing
Imagine weak introverted functions; you wouldn't really know yourself that well, would you? You might even be embarrased about that whole topic

Maybe Rider?

Lol, of course.

Haven’t taken the test in some odd years, maybe I’ll go take it again

Wise king meme is a given for ENFJs, might have to watch Fate finally to just fill the slot

found the psychology major. its ok man, i take my coffee black

Same - have you seen any other infj in anime, user? Interested.

Id say Eren from attack on titan comes to mind but im not sure how accurately that foots the bill empathy-wise. Let me think more about this.

Nah I never went to university, it's a waste of time.

>tfw INFP
why does it always seem like the worst one?

Is Shinji an ENFJ?

It may be, it all depends on what are you looking for in an instrument. It all depends on your interests.
Also, what if it's not scientific? You consider something valid just because is considered 'scientific'? Is science the new religion?

This. These archetypes are about as scientific as a zodiac. You will use different skills and mindsets in different moods and scenarios.

OP here
I'm convinced a little myself, but Griffith's approach with Fe seems auxiliary rather than dominant. I know ENFJs are a lot more "held back" than their ESFJ counterpart, but Griffith carries this air of mystery and distance. No one really knows who he is, and while you could say that about ENFJs, INFJs are a lot... Creepier?
I hate to devolve into near caveman level indications of character, but "Ooo ooo griffith sulk, griffith thoughtful, try rationalize, ooo, he is sad, ooooo, acts happy puts smile when someone comes to him, one on one convos with everyone make them feel good he hurt inside oooooOOoo"

Shinji is extroverted?

cuz its not part of the NT master race

>Shinji
He's an introvert on the NFP/ STJ quadra. (forget the names off the top of my head)
So he's INFP or ISTJ. Lots of Si, lots of Fi. He's pathetic, but INFPs tend to at least give more of a shit and not worship their dad. He seems ISTJ to me, like most authors/ readers/ people in Japan are.

STPs?

I'm also surprised no one questioned Takagi or ESFP. People usually shit on those 2 "normie" types, and can't fathom these two brain bois being "ESF"s

Ok, I'll say it.
Post you're waifu and you're type!

ISTP, ESTP
I would say the other high Se types could be included (ISFP, ESFP) but they have strong Fi. Basically they're like "I have my purpose don't touch me", while STP's are like "Life is meaningless, I'm gonna jump off shit with my motorbike and do drugs and be lazy idk someone give me purpose pls"

>tfw INFP
>tfw literally Tomoko
Good job.

>personality doesn't exist

What if I don't have a waifu?

That's not what he said soyboy

>infj
I feel attacked lol

Hmm, never really put much thought into personality type while watching a show besides noticing the obvious. But I’ll be interested in your list if you have one

INTJ master race.

taking personality tests for yourself is worse than pseudo science, you'll answer the questions based on your view of yourself and end up with how you see yourself and not who you are.

>lol

Any ENTJ 5w4s to look up to? I need to not feel as bad for being depressed and unaccomplished.

Sorry user, but 'can u do better' does not scientifically validate something.

Welcome to the glorious new vision of Sup Forums, full of e-celeb dicksuckers, crossboarders, and ironic weeaboos who assign personality types to fictional characters and think "lol" and "kys" pass for legitimate discussion.

>mfw INFP

Rin, Fate/Stay Night

Kind of how the scientific process works. I don't make the rules.

Too bad the scientific process doesn't work with garbage psuedoscience.

It works with literally everything.
That's why it's not garbage.

>what is rhetorical hyperbole

Its always interesting to read others take on your type, i once was apart of an infj group and we had a wide spectrum of individuals join. From awkward to well adjusted, some took the test a bit to seriously. I dislike the way people romanticize the type, infj’s Included

OP here, if you don't believe in MBTi I empathize with you greatly
Yeah this thread in nature seems very tumblr-y but I treat the system itself aggressively to look for consistency and am open to criticism on my own judgements or judgements on the system
But I've found so much god damn consistency in so many little ways. I don't go off the descriptions off random websites (ie cancer like; "omg all my friends are infjs and intps"), I went into the layers of the theory, jungian typology, functions, socionics, beebe's model.
These words are meaningless but to those who know them it's sort of like a right of passage. Like "Ok good, you're not one of those faggots who read gay shitty articles on how 'your type is the most complex because...'"

I personally think types is all about your brain being satiated by information, and your default attitude towards different types of information. If you put two types in a room they almost always steer the conversation towards the "agenda" of their top two functions. Socionics goes further and describes how each "position" a "cognitive function is in" influences any type's perception of that function.

To me it isn't horseshit anymore, cause I find parallels in the real world in a snap.

>INTJ
Yeah, that's about right...

The more I think about it the more I think Eren fits. Thoughts?
On another note, what about Ginko from mushishi being an enfj? I mean at first glance he seems very quiet, but when you think about it, he seeks out people and most of his thoughts are shared with others - signs of an extrovert. He always acts with the best intentions for others and adjusts his thoughts based on whats before him. I think he sidesteps being an infj because he doesnt self-sabotage enough. I like this enfj approach for Ginko because it hints at the nature a king might have without being a king meme.

Nah I really dont thats why i was interested. S'alright

ISTJ Here.

Indeed.
politicsandprosperity.com/2011/01/04/intelligence-personality-politics-and-happiness/
>if you encounter an INTJ, there is a 22% probability that his IQ places him in the top 2 percent of the population

>only once

The problem with MBTi is that it shoehorns a person into a false sense of self. It's not especially accurate either as the self is not always a reliable person to evaluate the self. There can be general consistencies in behavior but as a model it's cannot precisely define the self, and so should not definitely be touted as a model of the self. I suppose it can work as a hint but people get too caught up in it. From personal experience it's never been consistent with me except the I/E portion because my own evaluations of the self change over the years, so I can't get much out of it.

This is an INFJ in it's purest form, especially him going on about super viruses and killing himself so no one else would be affected, it's not how he would handle it really but the fact that he thought of it and how he thinks that's the give away, especially when around all the hyper killer and psychos, you don't see it very often in real life, although it's more common in anime I think because of the tendency for writer to be Ni.

>Does anyone know any prominant ENFJ characters in anime?
He's not a major character but Rocchi is very ENFJ like. He makes decisions based on his feelings and is a natural leader.

>have you seen any other infj in anime, user?
I think Kenshin is an infj.

Oooohhh you definitely shouldn't use MBTI as a sort of "self improvement" "self discovery" tool.
Use it comparitively between other people before throwing yourself into the mix.

personality types aren't real.

>Myers-Briggs
>not the Big Five

>complaining about something not being 'scientific'
>not reading epystemology
>still comprehending science from a positive perspective
>believing that is only one model of science
Sad! Go be a positivist somewhere else!

I could see that yeah

Big Five is just a list of traits, MBTI is more interesting cause it holds more of an archetype/ "this is sort of the agenda of these sorts of people" thing going on

MBTI doesn't take into account that most people have their traits expressed at about 50%, so all of it's archetypes are kinda rare.

Of course it does you idiot. You get the exact numbers when you take the test.

and then you take it again and get different numbers.

myers briggs was created by a couple housewives with zero professional medical experience.

what if im INTP but not an autist

Is it possible to be INFP but not an autist?

I don't really give a shit myself, it's just another way I can brag about my intelligence and superiority since I'm INTJ master race and am destined for high intelligence and high income.

Well the two times i took this test it told me that I'm INTP or ISTP. Maybe you should take the test a couple of times more.

No it doesn't. There's no indicator for a neutral trait. Both 51 and 90 percentiles of a trait would make you that trait, while those levels of trait expression are quite different in practice.

I've taken a few MBPTI's and while the exact numbers deviated a bit each time, the end results always put me squarely in INTJ territory.

>destined
And then your Big Five result says that you're only 51 percentile for Openness and Conscientiousness.

Can anyone think of any more anime examples?

This guy isn't the guy replied to, I am. I'm OP as well
Also this is the dumbest fucking thing I heard, the MBTI tests are bunk. Those percentages aren't an actual "thing"

That probably means that you're IxTP, your second trait is the middle of the road.

>destined
How’s that destiny serving you user?

Yes, Vinny from Vinesauce is a good example of an INFP who is semi-autist but he's clearly a "real" person

Be of the Assertive type, but don't expect that much of a change.

Entire field of psychology created by the STEM gods to prevent women and non-INTJ/Ps from ruining actual scientific fields.

>MBTI
>psychology
Okay

>>I'm gonna jump off shit with my motorbike and do drugs and be lazy idk someone give me purpose pls"

What a stupid way of putting things. The best way to put is is STP's have the capacity to do anything and suffer apathy because of that, they are closer too omnipotence, this means personality types that are closer to omniscience will often direct an STP's energy.

OP here, there is no such thing as "middle of the road"
These tests are highly innacurate and extremely inconsistent, you shouldn't give them any bearing. Understand the theory these tests tried to derive from to try and oversimplify them.

You are born one type, you never change your whole life.

Traits being expressed is a different matter, but my main point is that type is "predisposed attitude to certain information"

That "certain information" pertains to the N, S, T, F i/e variants. Fe and Fi is a huge contentious issue, especially between "intellectual" INTPs and INTJs. Moral objectivity vs Moral subjectivity. They are attitudes people sort of subconsciously attribute a leaning to one or the other.

It applies to each function axis as well; SeNi people see the world different from NeSi people. Not "literally see different things", but the perception is geared toward different agenda, and you can intrepret this quite quickly if you've accumulated tons of examples

That's my argument for the 50% "unexpressed" thing. I think fundamentally people don't get that the types are solely based around these function axises and their "position/ orientation", and instead get the idea that types are like a series of behaviours/ line of best fit or something

>
What a stupid way of putting things. The best way to put is is STP's have the capacity to do anything and suffer apathy because of that, they are closer too omnipotence, this means personality types that are closer to omniscience will often direct an STP's energy.
Can anyone explain to me what have I just read?

ISTP master race reporting in

>The best way to put is is STP's have the capacity to do anything and suffer apathy because of that, they are closer too omnipotence
I disagree, they moreso adjust to their situation. They can't "change" the world per say, and don't particularly want to. They are just good at adapting, but sort of test their boundaries by having a death wish