Backlog thread

So user, how is your backlog?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14384527
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

too long, it sucks

I'm lurking here instead of working on it. How do you think?

What's a backlog? Anime you started, but never finished?

I don't have a backlog, I just randomly pick up shows that catch my interest.

Finished Boku no Hero Academia which was one of the longest ones and Paranoia Agent, so it's all good.

When you download or buy stuff (it's a term used on Sup Forums) then don't finish it (because you're playing the same old games you're always playing)

I don't think it's very applicable to anime, definitely applies to books though

We use the term ''Backlog'', because the term ''Plan to watch list'' implies that you are from MAL. And there should be nothing wrong with using MAL for keeping a record of all the anime you have seen, but for some reason, the community hates MAL.

The community hates MAL because the MAL community is garbage.
Anything but text files is for plebs. Spreadsheets are still OK

Started the 2nd Yama no Susume season and watched a lot of first episodes that I shouldn't have, like Utena, Trigun and Golden Boy. I'll watch Trigun and Utena this vacation for sure.

Over 250 anime

I use MAL for series synopsis, and for checking if there's more seasons/movies to shows that I like. I don't engage in the community any more than that. Even the reviews, and reccs are pretty shit, but it's good to see if series hs a s2 under a different name, or whatever since it shows up in the search results.

Mine is bigger.

>So user, how is your backlog?
Not bad. Afew current season episodes, and older series that I've been putting off for reasons.
So for series:
-ID-0
-Shirobako
-Mayoiga
-Yuki Yuna
-Planetes
I'll probably never watch Yuki Yuna, or Mayoiga to be honest. I couldn't even finish the first episode of those two.

>but it's good to see if series has a s2 under a different name
AniDB has a nice feature for that.

Too long for me to even care. I've long since given up on finishing my backlog.

I just click on what's around the first search result desu for the quick information. It's usually wikipedia, and MAL.

strawpoll.me/14384527

That's a big backlog.

after a while of not watching anime I've finally got back into it so it's going better hoping to finish off in another world by the end of this week

I'm watching 1 episode of Outlaw Star a day and enjoying it

>Captain Harlock

For you. But really, I dont know where to start with that backlog.

Just randomly select one show and proceed from there. Also drop Gosick before.

Zero no tsukaima was pretty good imo. 4 seasons though so idk how good it is if your backlog is that big

Over 100 series, I'm catching up on classics I didn't watch nearly a decade ago (like school rumble) because I miss the golden age and nothing besides inyuashiki really caught my eye this season. Next season looks like a comfy backlog season too.

I'd start with cromartie, captain tyle, the fist of the north star, and little witch myself.

I think it's funny the MAL community hates Reddit too. I checked out their forums once and it seems like pretty standard stuff with people being passive aggressive and belittling along with self deprecation because something about weebs, trying to greentext and talking about current events instead of anime

It's spilling into vidya since the anime for the Utawarerumono sequel sucks.

whats the anime fourth row down and second to the right?

>whats the anime fourth row down and second to the right?
Full Moon wo Sagashite. I heard it was one of the best, higly underrated shows out there,

decided to use my eyes, its Ginga Sengoku Gun'yƫden Rai.

>Full Moon wo Sagashite
idk how you got this.

>1200 completed
>700 shows in plan to watch
I'll be here for life.

Pic related explains how I got that answer.

305 in backlog, 122 completed. I'm starting to get through it.

I also have a text file with some 50 series that aren't downloaded yet.

completed
shows in plan to watch
Got a list? That's more than I've even heard of.

What's wrong with using MAL instead of a .txt?

Nothing. After 700 completed my notepad took so long to open that I swapped to Taiga. Half of the shit I watched I don't even have marked but I don't think it matters because I don't use the community at all anyway.

There's a lot of shit there that's not worth watching at all. And by that I mean almost all the newer shows.

It's been like 10 months since I replied to a backlog thread and I still haven't finished Mushishi.

Just out of curiosity, if Homura has become the new "backlog" mascot, when did this happen? I remember it being Spongebob on Sup Forums and then at some point, I saw Spongebob spread to Sup Forums as well. I think, even when Sup Forums read the finale of Punpun together, it was still Spongebob so my memory goes back to the Christmas of 2013.

The threads should still start with this. The Homura one is shit. The only other replacement is the "1000 shows" screencap.

this

I finally have more titles watched than unwatched, but I think I still have more hours on my backlog, because of long running shows.

Starting something with over 100 episodes is such a chore if you watch a lot of seasonal shit.

I usually watch two episodes of several long running shows a day. That way I'm clearing a lot of episodes, but I'm not binging 8 episodes of Lupin III every afternoon.

The Homura one captures the exact emotion I get when I check out my 100+ shows long backlog.

Care to be more specific?

>100+
>tfw mine is over 6 times that

I just did the exact same thing.

>Add 12 more guns.
Or use the clean slate protocol. Just delete all of your backlog, and start watching some shows that you feel like watching,

I only watch currently airing shows
old anime is bad

That's nothing, get on this guys level.

I'm watching 4 shows off my backlog at any given time, and I watch at least one episode of each a day. The I watch whatever seasonal shows aired that day. By the time I finish a show, I know which one I'll start next. I like it that way, and I'm slowly but surely working through a lot of longer shows.

No one cares, fuck off.

I want to spend 600 days watching anime.

>old anime is bad
I will rape you. Anonymity wont protect you. I will call up my friends in the FBI, SS and CIA, and they will find the basement you live in, in no time. Better start lubing up.

this is one of my first posts on Sup Forums, why didn't I get any (you)s are all my animes laughably bad or something?

>time wasted 599d
Almost 2 years of your life gone

no one falls for obvious bait
except me apparently

Here (you) go super devil.

Here is how I do my watching: I have a shit ton of anime on my plan to watch list. To thin it out, and to see, what I have there, I check out 1 episode from every show. Some I drop right away, because they are either obviously bad, or not my tempo. The ones I dont drop, go to my on hold list. Then I use random.org to pick a random show from my on hold list. The picked show gets a 3 episode chance, and if I like it, I finish it right away, and pick another random one. It's easier to watch 1 show at a time. I used to watch like 3-8 shows at the same time, and it just took months to finish the batch. 1 show at a time isnt as frustrating and gives a clear goal to reach for.

That is nice. I might switch.

That sounds good, but my problem is that I watch a lot of episodic and MotW shows, and they aren't always very great to watch all at once.

I can only hope that I live long enough to clear it.

If you do clear it you'll just kill yourself.

Cringe. Keep your projections to yourself.

I have a solution for those as well. I hate watching episodic shows, even though they might be okay. So instead of dropping them, I just watch 1 episode a week. In 24 weeks, I'll be done with 16 shows.

And then there's this guy.

What did they mean by this?

One of those super big lists was proven fake. I think this one.

>cringe
Go back.

Cringe.

I don't believe this for a second. Though, I do want to know what the one drop is.

Pokemon.

That's just annoying.

At least, you'll have plenty to watch after Net Neutrality is destroyed

>Net Neutrality
I was in the hospital when that became a topic and im out of the loop. My main question is, do I need to start saving up anime or will this blow over?

If you don't have 32tb of storage space with backups by now just find another hobby, it's too late.

Drop fate/stay night. It's not worth a watch.

Maybe he just really hated Pokemon?

jesus fuck how long were you in a coma for? it's been an issue for years

About 10 years according to the doctors. My parents are dead now and I don't remember much so I can't say for sure.

If you live in rural America, where there's only 1 ISP, you should be concerned. If you live in a city or anywhere in the civilized world, it's a non-issue. Still, hard drives are cheap and you never know when nyaa is going to disappear again, so there's no harm in stockpiling anime.

Im in a more civilized part of europa. And I have my secret sources for downloading anime.

Abenobashi is pretty good and pretty short, go ahead and watch that. Casshern gets boring about 10 episodes in when you realize that the protagonist is immortal, so all the conflict with the "villain" is forced. Ranma is alright for the first 20 or so episodes, but the rest of the 100+ are exactly like the first 20, so you can drop it after that. Zero no Tsukaima is absolute dreck, don't even bother.

And for fuck's sake, how have you not watched YYH?

>Otokojuku
My absolute nigger

Short. Only 4 movies and 5 series on it.

seemingly unending because I always get caught up in seasonal anime
which I barely enjoy most of the time

almost everything on that list is pre-2010

Way too fucking long, but these are the ones I picked up to watch this month:

Haibane Renmei
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Seirei no Moribito
Chrono Crusade
White Album 2
Arslan Senki

I hope there are no disappointments, but there's always at least one underwhelming show when I decide to watch a handful in a month.

>New season starts
I guess I'll watch some stuff
>New season is 10 episodes in
I'll just wait to marathon it at this point
>New season is out
I-Ill just put those on my backlog
>Had series from the season previous to the last that I still had to watch.

I don't know own what happened, I used to be all over this shit.

What did he drop?

Seirei no Moribito is literally my favorite anime of all time, I'll be waiting for you to finish it so it becomes your favorite too.

pleb ass nigga

>pretentious garbage
>walmart madoka
>actually an alright series
>shit anime with decent ending
>muh romance deconstruction
>generic fantasy anime

All of those are underwhelming

You can cut out penguindrum right now. It's not worth watching, especially for something that was 2 cours.

What shows would you recommend then, homie?

It seems pretty good from what I've heard.