How does Sup Forums feel about Homura betraying Madoka and becoming the main villain?

How does Sup Forums feel about Homura betraying Madoka and becoming the main villain?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3FR9EQjXcUI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shitty cliffhanger that will never be resolved. Actively ruins the show

But shes a hero.

Godzilla is done now so it might get finished.

And a real human bean.

How big shitstorm was when it happened?

>main villain
Homura isn't stupid.

>betraying
No
Homura finally decided to be the man of the relationship

Pretty big

HAHAHA

YOU CHEEKY CUNT

YUP, A "HERO" ALRIGHT

I think she needs another ass beating from best girl

The fanbase is heavily divided between those who understand Homura’s heart and those who don’t. It’s only natural the people who couldn’t comprehend what she had hidden within herself would panic.

More like breast girl

OFFICIAL MADOKAFAG INTELLIGENCE CHART

Kyoukofags > Kyuubifags > Madokafags > Mumifags > Sayakafags > Homurafags

This is fact

Where does that one crazy guy fit in it?

That's not what happened in Ryuki.

I’m impressed. You’ve only made one mistake. In your haste to post your list for all of us to see you’ve neglected to show us that only real fans spell her name as Kyoko.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3FR9EQjXcUI

I feel like just from reading the threads alone somebody would get the wrong idea about this series.

The first thing would be that Homura did nothing wrong. She might not be as bad as a lot of people make her out to be but she definitely did some things wrong. You can’t even deny that.

I bet everybody is looking up if Kyoko is a legitimate way to spell her name. (You’d know already if you were a real guy)

Homura didn't choose to be gay

I think it’s pronounced lesbian.

Nobody can even comprehend what she thinks about so they just drew a scribble on her cloud.

She’s complex. It’s a magical girl thing.

Don't you mean "hero" thing?

Most hero aren’t very complex. That’s an insult to her character if anything.

This series really was a masterpiece.

No betrayal friend, just taking the wheel in the relationship

The good thing is it could actually be romantic. You literally never know what Urobuchi is going to do. He’s not predicable so in the next movie we could actually witness Madoka and Homura full on tongue kissing or something big.

it makes sense given her mental issues and obsession

Hey! You take that back.

Keeping a promise isn’t mental. It’s friendship.

Oh, I don't think Homura Akemi is a hero. I think she is a "hero."

well there was good reason for her issues (groundhogs day watching all her friends die and all)

We were all blinded by dark treachery masquerading as friendship.

She’s definitely a girl.

She's a god my nigga. Recreated the entire universe, traveled back in time. She can be anything she wants to be.

She kind of just took it hostage but I guess it’s how you look at it.

This also means Madoka could end up killing Homura. Imagine all the anger.

Imagine if Homura has to kill Madoka because that’s what her fate was in the first place and considering how everything must be balanced out in this series according to the incubators I could see it happening.

There’s so many ways Urobuchi could take this series it’s actually crazy and he’s the type of guy where anything goes. I can’t even comprehend what’s going to happen in the next series to be honest.

Or movie I guess.

Homura's drama is the only one worth anything at all and using the magical elements to the fullest. Making something worthwhile out of Madoka's non-sacrifice is the act of heroism that redeems the whole show.

Is he even going to be involved anymore? I don't think his name was on the one thing and I distinctly remember him saying that he wanted this to be like a torch that was passed from creator to creator sort of like Gundam

The first episode was a little slow but after that I enjoyed pretty much the entire series. I wouldn’t say one thing redeemed it because it was all good but that’s just my opinion.

There’s no way he wouldn’t be involved. He also said this series was going to be heartwarming and fun but look what happened.

That's a little naive. And what would be the point about lying about moving on from it be about exactly? Lying about the nature of the first series had an obvious purpose.

If anything I’d be worried about Inu Curry being involved. That’s something I’d miss and it would completely change how the show looks.

He’s done with Godzilla and I think that’s why we were waiting. Maybe he said that because he wanted to work on that series and Shaft decided to wait especially because of how popular Madoka was and how his name would mean a lot.

She quite literally causes Sayaka to lose her memory and powers simply by clapping.

It might be Madoka's power she's siphoning from, but she's Physical God levels

So many people were mad about that but the idiots don’t realize she’s helping Sayaka while suffering herself.

Homura's actions in Rebellion were inevitable desu, she had went through too much shit and sacrificed too much to just smile and happily accept Madoka deleting herself.

If I recall correctly her memories were already fading, the clap itself was mostly for effect

After everything she’s been through and seeing Madoka fail over and over and the incubators take advantage of her it’s only natural Homura would take the power for herself. She only talks about how she wants/needs more power throughout the entire show.

I'm not judging Homura one way or the other, but it's a fact that in the new universe she created she has amazing powers. So saying "B-but she's a girl!" doesn't mean anything - Homura could be a goddamn stop sign if she wanted.
Yeah, she didn't even need to clap. That's how powerful Homura is.

Homura has always been a good girl, her ideal world is one where all the megucas are happy and friends with each other and Mami even gets her own loli so she's even less lonely, where they don't have to compete and can instead work together, and where the enemies that they fight are just harmless nonsense that's defeated by silly rituals.

>That's how powerful Homura is.
I think the entire thing that happened literally minutes before was demonstration enough of that

It's admirable in an extremely tragic sort of way. Anyone with a modicum of literary comprehension could recognize that she was not unjustified.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to fully understand Akemi Homura

Yeah, Homura's actions in Rebellion were actually the most realistically human actions I've seen come from anime in a while, she acted like I would expect someone with her circumstances to act.

>Meet girl, she saves you and you fall in love
>See girl die, and in order to try and save and protect her you sell your soul and travel through time
>Make promise to girl to stop other versions of her from becoming magical girls
>Re-live the same time period nearly 100 times(equivalent of 11~ years), each time seeing your friends and girl die again and again
>At least one of those times involved you having to personally mercy kill girl
>With each time loop you lose a piece of yourself and feel yourself growing further apart from friends and girl
>Find out that you're the one attaching fate to girl, making her more powerful, and thus making your job harder
>Realise that all the work may have been for nothing, and begin to lose yourself to despair
>Girl stops you, and decides to become magical girl
>Girl says that she won't allow all your suffering and hard work go to waste
>Deletes herself from universe

WOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH

The fact that Homura kept some semblance of sanity until near the events of Rebellion is a miracle, I would have lost my mind immediately.

Let justice be done, though the heavens fall

I've said this in other threads; if the Madoka series is continued, Homura likely did the wrong thing, because the new anime/movie/whatever will be about trying to fix it and set things right again.

If it ends at Rebellion (as is seeming more and more likely as the years go by), then we can placate ourselves by thinking the Homuverse is the right way to go and everyone lives happily ever after (except for Homura and Kyubey).

No, you just have to be not retarded.

That's retarded logic. Just because there's a continuation doesn't mean she is automatically wrong, and if there isn't she's automatically right.

If you haven't noticed, Madoka is a very plot and conflict -driven series. A continuation strongly implies conflict, and right now the nature of the Homuverse is very much open to question.

>justice

The Homuverse is rather... quirky

>villain
Homura trascended good and evil and took fate in her own hands, shaping morality to her needs.

There's very clearly things already wrong with Homura's universe.

>until near the events of Rebellion
Hey, she acted reasonably sane even when she was intentionally drowning herself in physical despair. It is what was within her power at that to protect madoka.
You have to understand that in her primary goal is to protect madoka, even at the expense of her own safety, it was even her wish.

If she made one mistake then it is mentioning the old system to QB. She wasn't paranoid enough.

They got inu curry for the mobage can't see why they wouldn't be involved for the sequel.

Urobuchi is just a terribly slow writer and shaft is swamped with other projects.
I think they're being careful so as not to fuck up everything.

>It might be Madoka's power she's siphoning from
Yes and no. The power belongs to both of them. Homura's wish, time travel and weaving the threads of fate (hard to miss symbolism here!) around madoka for those timeloops powered up madoka to the point where could become a conceptual deity.
But at the same time it powered up homura's obsession and obligation through her wish to madoka. This obsession is also her love of course.
She finally realizes that she can use this as a power source instead of despair (witches) or hope (magical girls).

So it's not so much that homura is using madoka's power. She is simply trying to contain an entity that taps a different outlet of the same power source.

>threads of fate binding madoka

>threads of fate binding homura

>threads being nicely contained in a spool in rebellion until homura converts them to her new orb

So what you're saying is he's wrong and it's the power of love exactly like the show actually explained?

my precious levels of love, but sure.

butcher's gimmick is that the good and the bad are on equal ground.
Homucifer's world is only going to compound the complexity of the situation, because in turn it will have a balanced set of positives and negatives. There is no such as objectively wrong.

The characters and the audience by extension will have to choose a world based on their own sensibilities.

The possibilities are:
- Meguca system as established by QB
- Wraiths and LoC system
- Homucifer system

And even potentially a fourth system in case they want to push for something new.
All possibilities are equal the only difference is that they favor don't favor the same party.

I understand I just don't agree with it.

So what exactly happened at the end at the last movie? She made a fake world so that Madoka can live a normal life? I don't think that makes her a villain as much as a sad state for both parties.

>fake world
without evidence to the contrary the world is as real as the one that madoka created

>a sad state for both parties
That on the other hand is very much the point. The entire ED is about that.

I feel exhausted jaded girls with bags under eyes has been my fetish since then

homura should be in her 30s by now right?

50+ thread chain since the release. People were collapsing because they couldn't stop shitposting and go to sleep.

>I understand I just don't agree with it.

And that's A-Ok. I don't have to like it, nobody says i do. There's plenty of anime i get but don't like how it turned out. Ultimately it doesn't make me like the show less, i happen to have an opinion, and don't expect anyone else to agree with me on it either. It's truly great.

Homura got powerd up with love magic and her witch barrier engulfed the universe. She took Madoka away from her powers and plopped her back in the universe to live normally. She brainwashed everyone so everything would work nice and tidy. Since Homura is technically a witch, she still has her familiars running around. Sayaka and Nagisa weren't supposed to come back to life, but they got caught in Homura's expanding witch barrier anyway. Homura just rolled with it and brainwashed them. All of this to essentially build a gilded cage for Madoka.
We get many obvious hints that things are not as perfect as they seem.

Dick move at the end to have Homura kill herself to prevent another movie to clean the series up.

She didn't kill herself.

~25, a delicious Christmas cake.

she didn't age so no

Homura is mentally in her early-mid twenties, but biologically still 14.

>Homura is mentally in her early-mid twenties
No she isn't.
She didn't live an extra 10+ years, she relived the same month over and over again. Her brain wasn't developing either because it is a biological organ which kept being reset.

All she got from repeating those months was the worst case of PTSD ever

Cute devil.

So basically the opposite of the average user.

I thought Homu said it was going to be similar to the Wraiths and LoC, since she even mentioned she only grabbed the part of the LoC that was "Madoka" and she would hold off on destroying the Incubators until the world was free of wraiths.

I like to pretend that Homura Tamura is canon, so here.

Experiencing 20 years worth time makes her mentally 20, user.

it hasn't for me...

I think our disagreement comes from semantics.