Can Trump win in a trade war against China?

Can Trump win in a trade war against China?

Attached: 1200px-Official_Portrait_of_President_Donald_Trump.jpg (1200x1520, 452K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_System_(economic_plan)
youtube.com/watch?v=QHqOp21jBpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Can Trump win in a trade war against China?

No

If he does, does it make him a trade general?

Attached: illust_43067622_20171102_003333.png (1545x1000, 1.07M)

yes, china is a paper dragon that depends entirely on exporting cheap labor

Attached: 15326256883421.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Wait until China goes on the Gold Standard, then start a trade war. Deflation + High export imbalance = it'll be a rape. Be nice to Europe though.

yes, but there's no reason to start a trade war with every foreign country on earth.

china cheats the most and hurts us the most. we should focus on them.

If I recall China has been buying as much gold as it could for a while now. I'm not sure how the US is doing.

I know Canada essentially gave all of its gold away.

China has to give up its Export model when it goes on the Gold Standard. But I guarantee you the CCP hasn't figured that out yet.

America can't win a trade war.

It won’t, China has deliberately devalued their currency to get an edge on their exports, why would it give up on something that works?

Nope, China has us by the balls

Why would it have to give up on its exports?

Lol no.
He can make Israel not #1 by doing that though

He's going to have to

I don't think the man is capable of losing.

No one wins in a trade war

If the European cucks get on board and work with it, yes. The only thing China has that we need is rare earth deposits, while we have a lot more resources they need from us. China's industrial base would collapse in a trade war and it's debt would eat itself. Of course, we've driven ourselves into holes as well. We would also need to get rid of the debt vultures that exploit the system that makes us poor and them rich.

In order for China to evolve, it has to begin accumulating Capital through people investing in the nation. The Gold Standard works because China is a dictatorship and no one trusts its legal system. The thing is, when you do this, it makes exporting more difficult because people would rather hold onto your currency then purchase products. And Its a problem, because the CCP doesn't have a Deng at the wheels to totally reinvent how China works.

>TRADE WAR WITH CHINKS! MAGA!
>okay Burgerland we are calling in the $1.72 trillion debt you owe us
>UH UH UH FAKE DEBT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ha ha ha America sucks and China is #1 because America let itself get fucked by conmen and internet memes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_System_(economic_plan)

America can't even win an armed conflict against Vietnam.

That's about what, 7% of US debt?

Yeah and who the fuck is gunna buy it when Trump is running a $1.2 trillion annual deficit

high tariffs leads to higher prices leads to less consumer spending leads to less economic growth leads to smaller government revenue over time.

Basic opportunity cost

Running up all that debt and not one brass cent is going into America's crumbling infrastructure. At least when the Chinese and Russians begin their land invasion their progress will be slowed by all the roads full of potholes.

Trumps tariffs may offset that deficit by 50 or 60 Billion, if they actually get enforced and people pay up.
I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure that Debt between a man and a bank is the same thing as Debt between two countries. The whole thing seems to work differently on even the Intent and purpose of it.

Attached: 93_GORILLION_MRW3.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

Ok and the other 1.15 trillion?

I wrote a paper about trade back when I was a CIA asset. What matters is the control of Capital, not the prices of goods and services. You think too much like an Anglo for an Irishman.

A great way to resolve the Debt issue is to end mass migration and stifle the Democratic Party. It's the Great Society + Globalist "Cheap Labor" that created this situation.

That's where, I assume, American industry and healthy trade would come into play.
I don't know how much of that trillion is from China and other countries just fucking the US in trade with their own unfair trade policies. The entire world has be pulling God knows how many fucking millions out of America's pockets with every trade deal, not to mention how many times Obama just gave away a billion or so dollars.

Hopefully that trillion dollar deficit will shrink to something more reasonable, but Congress can always fuck things up, as well as their cronies in the courts. Regardless though, I think Trump can win, but it won't be easy because of traitors in our ranks.

Attached: Emperor Trump.jpg (399x482, 51K)

If you tax what they subsidize, you win by default.

Attached: giphy (2).gif (235x240, 1.85M)

We have been loosing the trade war with China for decades.

Trump is finally fighting back.

Attached: 098D5A86-0E17-4683-857D-D86B84AE0405.png (315x341, 50K)

America can go back to manifacturing faster than China could find a new market of comparable volume/spending potential for all it's bullshit.

*Manufacturing

Depends on if he secures Israel #1.

Yes. It would be better for the US long term if it ceased trading with China altogether.

You don't need to look further than places like Flint to see how spectacularly badly the US has actually fared in the free trade game. The fact that you have a 'rust belt' to begin with should be embarrassing, given natural resources in the US should ensure self-sufficiency.

The only reason you have a rust belt is because it is more profitable to outsource manufacturing to cheaper countries. That work would return if you simply stopped allowing foreign countries to undercut labor pricing.

It's a choice between having a sustainable, functioning society and cheap consumerism. Obviously the mega-wealthy and the Hollywood set enjoy consumerism and wish it to last, but it's cancerous for everyone else.

what you are advocating for has been tried in our military regime, what you end up with is massive inflation. You can't just not care about the prices, specially now that your money isn't backed by gold.

Insourcing poos in the tech sector, open borders for Mexicans in manual labor, and outsourcing manufacturing to Mexico abd Asia all are to help ((them)), as it doesn't significantly lower prices, just gives the investors a better return.

doubt it desu. Manufacturing is incredibly complex.

True, but you are also importing raw materials form china, you could go to another source but that will cost you more which is why america imports everything from china in the first place.

That's import-substitution, not the export model. Good point, but different beast. The goal isn't to protect your capital, but to take the capital from others.

all the countrys in the world should export their dollars to u.s. that'll teach them a lesson.

>But I guarantee you the CCP hasn't figured that out yet.
do you actually believe that you have a better understanding of international economics and geopolitics than the state planners of a government that rules over 1.2 billion people and manufactures basically all of the world's durable goods?

Attached: hqdefault (3).jpg (480x360, 54K)

Wait for Petro yuan.

user...you have no idea who you are talking too.

Attached: thatsagoodone_4e49021057fe4d9a1195d9b0b95db398.jpg (413x395, 109K)

Well Trump has just doubled it in a year from the $600 billion that Obama had it down to so it's heading in the wrong direction and it's only the beginning

that's the budget deficit per year every year btw and going up

and trump is handing out exemptions on those tariffs left and right

Attached: obama reduced budget deficit4.jpg (728x364, 29K)

>rules 1.2 billion people
Enslaves 1.2 billion "people," I think you mean.

wasnt there a big thing about that happening this monday? I fucking forget

Rubber should be easily attainable outside China, and the US has enough timber, minerals, and petroleum for other products. Silicon is widely available if I'm not mistaken. I feel optimistic that the US won't permanently descend to chaos given its resources.

China already won Canada.

Attached: Chinadian.webm (800x425, 2.27M)

well at least its not niggers i guess.

Yeah its planned to launch on Monday as far as I know.
Gold backed petro yuan.

Should give the dollar a challenge I suppose.

Canada didn't resist. They went as far as prepping the bull.

FUCK OFF SHILL

#MAGA

it's a globalized economy, China can just find another trading partner.

Nobody wins in a trade war. Notice that China's retaliatory tariff is relatively small compared to America's

Niggers are stupid and violent. They're like children. But the Chinese are smart and deceptive, pretty much like the Jews.

Attached: 6-2.jpg (524x717, 64K)

Nah, less Chinese are coming to Canada.

Attached: Immigrants-Country-2015-w.png (886x706, 150K)

America is still #1 in nominal GDP. We're transitioning from making raw materials to just buying them from other countries more cheaply and creating more sophisticated products with them.

Attached: harper-record-immigration.png (1068x676, 542K)

Well, there are no winners in wars generally speaking.
Only more and less losers.
US will lose export but even out the inbalance in trade and that is a big postivie for the goverment and the country. Not draining its money outside the borders is pretty good.

China on the other hand will lose both manufacturing, money and Jobs in a time where they need it all to control 1.3billion chinks.

The upside for America is also that the demand that exsits will still exists after the goods are gone. Therefor a opotrunity for companies to fill that gap.

US will lose a bit short term but win big long term when everything calms down and the supply demand curve does its job.

China however will almost only loose. And that will make them desperate. We will see what happens with that

Chinks are causing the skyrocket in housing, in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, US California, etc. If you call them out for it, they will have the Liberal accuse you of racism.

Attached: res.jpg (960x1387, 605K)

Reminder to never let Soysauce Boy work on you in the operating room. I'll take Schlomowitz, at least he wants me alive to get raped with taxes and debt.

We can only speculate about the effects and outcome.
When it plays out we will know.

>Melissa
Chink, please.

Design is complex. Knowing joining methods and having an engineering background makes it a game. You can pretty much make whatever appliance you can dream of and have software do the pain in the ass parts of the design. Then you take it to a fabricator who is like "yup, our shit definitely does this trifling widget shit" and you live happily ever after or you contract it to china and they fucking steal it. Reality.

How much of that is purely IP? Doesn't matter anyway, though. Your problem is that you have created a society in which a few do well and many fall by the wayside. Brazil 2.0. No point in being the wealthiest man in the favella.

Chinese seem like a godsend compared to niggers and sandnigs.

No, China will ass-rape Trump/America in any trade war.

How?
China is the one that needs money, US will almost only loose goods, not money?

yep because china's communist

In a trade war both sides lose

Yes
t. masters in finance

No, because it's not just a war against China. It's a war against a global economic order that has been in motion since before WW1.

j-je..who?

What?

So naive...

Attached: ESO_-_Milky_Way-640x320.jpg (640x320, 34K)

>China is the one that needs money
How does $1.2 trillion in US treasuries sound?

americans buy chinese cheep stuff like crazy. all chines imports that americans rely on will only be more expensive with no replacement within the US market.
prices go up, inflation go's up, americans will be screwed.

How so?

>he just had to rub it in our faces

no one "wins" a trade war you imbecile

it's more like can Trump win a war with the house and senate. it's set clear now they are both setting him up to fail.

China currently has the world's fast passenger train and the world's fastest supercomputer.

America builds bridges that fall down.

youtube.com/watch?v=QHqOp21jBpI

Attached: hqdefault (4).jpg (480x360, 31K)

Trump can't even win the loyalty of his own party.

He's a lame duck and will be impeached as soon as the Dems take over House majority.

>How?
>China is the one that needs money, US will almost only loose goods, not money?

do you know how much of the US economy depends on selling cheap goods?

trains and computers dont matter when you cant feed your own people without importing american food inexchange for what essentially amounts to slave labor (the average us homeless person makes more panhandling than the average chinaman does with a real job)

Attached: 14326256883421.jpg (338x413, 16K)

>(the average us homeless person makes more panhandling than the average chinaman does with a real job)

better get used to it with the coming trade war

>without importing american food
China has all the foreign reserves it needs to import food for many years from wherever it wants without the US.
>homeless person makes more panhandling than the average chinaman
Ever heard of purchasing power? Cost of living differentials? Why are Americans always such deluded retards when it comes to other countries?

a trade war only helps the usa. Many industries like steel will now be able to compete with china price wise, plus we dont need their cheap trinkets, they need our food.

only 4 countries on the planet produce enough food to feed their own people, the us and australia are the only ones who produce enough to export in large quantities. We occupy your country.

Attached: 1532686883421.jpg (660x440, 25K)

China would be equally fucked

Attached: 1521771277495.jpg (800x632, 81K)

Wow. Talk about doubling down on idiocy.
My country is one of the largest exporters of agricultural goods in the world you dumb fuck. Russia, Brazil, France and many others export more food in tonnage than the US, or fucking Australia.
A trade war doesn't help the US, it outsourced most of its manufacturing to China (not at all just cheap trinkets). There's little or no domestic substitution and Americans are too stupid and indebted to set it up themselves, so prices will rise and rise.
But what am I trying to talk sense into a moron here. Your are an irredeemable fuckwit and your country will be going down the drain fast while Pedro and Tyrone fuck your daughters. You deserve every bit of it, nothing of value will be lost once your polluted gene pool is forever.

It's much easier to find new markets than it is to (re)create new industries. US is only

only if americans can be disciplined and scale back their living standard
so no

China also can’t build aircraft carriers to launch planes and 2/3rds of their economy relies on trade compared to 1/4 of the US economy relying on trade. Nice shill attempt Zhao.

your country is tiny and irrelevant and doesnt produce enough food to feed its own people, it imports more than it exports. Try feeding 1.4b people with your pathetic little farms below sea level, fag.

Attached: 1257725683421.jpg (800x613, 76K)

My country may be tiny but it's the second largest agricultural exporter in the world, you pathetic subhuman mutt brain.
dutchnews.nl / news/archives/2018/01/the-netherlands-is-the-second-largest-agricultural-exporter-after-us/

Attached: 1520367813802.png (200x200, 50K)