That was great. Now I understand why it's winning awards and selling so good after just two volumes

That was great. Now I understand why it's winning awards and selling so good after just two volumes.

But I have the feeling that inevitable anime won't give it justice at all.

>forced melodrama
No thanks.

>brutal war is forced melodrama

Do you think WW2 was fiction or something?

>I-IV
he better not be aping his old designs

How much is the suffering? Worse than SukaSuka?

It's not really forced suffering. A bit of forced racism, but still has nothing on shit that really happened so whatever. Still out of 24 in the squadron only 5 survive.

If it gets an anime and has 12 episodes, it will cover V1 > V2 > V3 > V1 Epilogue for sure.

What's scaring me is that YenShit will for sure get this one since it's under Kadokawa. Where's Ping? Please don't tell me he won't do V2?

It's war. It's not the jolly type of stuff that people have gotten used to, to the point that calling anything serious is now edgy.

Good that he's not doing giant Mecha this time. I would actually be pissed to see something close to Gigas Machina

But does the MC suffer as much as Willem did?

I-IV was asked to draw "weak, useless machines". So no giant robot mecha.

Different kind of suffering, also the real MC is the girl. And she has probably the best development I ever saw in a LN.

All "mechas" in this are multi legged drones. No usual anime mecha shit. It even mocks the generic mecha a bit. Much, much more realistic combat than average.

Actually for V1 the "MC" is Lena. V2-V3 and most likely going forward, it's going to be Shinn.

Shinn is boring though. I'm expecting the new loli to be MC in 2-3 and then it's back to Lena.

If Shinn is really the MC it's going to be much worse.

It's Shinn. Because V2-3 happen before V1's epilogue.

Looking at illustrations of vol2 it's just 2 with him and 4 with the girl.

>4 with the girl
So? That's the usual for LNs focused on the male viewership.

I can't believe that cutest girl died first.

Yeah that joke got boring already. Ping came out already and said that wasn't true.

First volume didn't have that much action and stuff from his perspective. Commander's perspective was much better and more important. I'm hoping next volume will focus on their new commander. Shinn is a generic mecha MC and definitely not what made first volume so good. Pretty much everyone in his squad was more interesting.

Not her user.

Is there a pdf or epub of this? the downloads section on the scanlator's site is dead.

Oh that. Well yeah. That's war.

>anime happens
>cheap shit from JCStaff
>censored as fuck
>2/3 of the good scenes cut
>crappy CGI

>sci fi military
>good

Yawn.
Fantasy is still better.

Jesus christ that blurb at the bottom right. How do the nips write this shit without cringing their balls off.

Yeah, I sure love isekai #645237735.

The characters are papery thin and the prose is pedestrian at best. The only thing it has going for it is mechanical design and melodrama. There are countless other war stories that don't rely on forced drama

For example if they need people to operate their "drones" on suicide missions then why do they put the unwanted dregs of society in there, who by nature have poor morale? Why not make it a glorious duty in service to the nation like the Japanese kamikaze pilots?

is there a place to read that in english

It's almost like even worse crap happened in reality or something.

>Anime happens
>Good shit from White Fox
>Animated in 960p or better
>Adapts the first two volumes
>Hand-drawn mecha
>OP by Myth&Roid

"kids in war" is never quite as it should be in animu, the genre isnt mature enough to do it jsutice.
except now and here there and then. than was gut wrenchingly brutal

Not every nation follows buddhist morality and japanese honor code. Even Nazis couldn't find suicide pilots for V2. These guys are closer to Soviet troops in 1942.

>Hand-drawn mecha
Laugh at this retard

>Hand-drawn mecha

About as likely as MC VA giving blowjobs to special edition buyers.

>everything slightly serious is forced drama now

>implying you know shit about prose and aren't just treating it like a soft target that you can mock without actually saying anything of substance
Stick to "pacing" for meme criticisms please.

>Fantasy is isekai lol lol
Retard

This post is forced drama

Literally 90% of japanese fantasy is these days.

The sentence structures are very straightforward with little variation and few complex constructions; as to whether this is an artifact of the translation or of the original script is for others more qualified than me to determine.

>said the burger who can only read mexican english.

The mechs remind me of Takemikazuchi from SnW.

Where did you read volume 2 op?

It's not translated.

When it says "Personal Codename", does that mean they chose those embarrassing names themselves? If they were assigned, why does a suicide squad need codenames beyond a standard number-letter system?

Compared to SAO or Kamachi's crap this was Shakespeare.

It's what other people start calling them and if it sticks for long it becomes a codename. Most handlers don't give a shit and use numbers, Lena was trying to be nice.

>Hand-draw mecha
Thats funny
>In 960p or better
Okay you're moron.
>OP by Myth&Roid
Stop posting.

They're bound to die anyway so those numbers are their "actual names" if you get what I mean.

Their handler and the deuteragonist of the series, Lena, has the codename that stuck with her because of other people, "Bloody Regina".

>"Kids in wars"
How old is kids from your prespective?

under 18. the legal definition

This is based on WW2 and it's mild compared to what Hitler and Stalin did. How is this forced suffering?

>There are countless other war stories that don't rely on forced drama
Do people actually know what "forced drama" really means in this day and age? Because how is a series, that from the start says it's about war and and how the people, who are sent to it cope around is the story, forced drama?

You know what's actually a good forced drama example? Yui's arc in SAO. That arc was so forced with an asspull combo with it. Now shit was forced drama as fuck.

With how you guys define forced drama, every single show/event that has come out or even happened in the real word with serious stuff is forced drama. Aren't you people actually the ones being edgy about it?

This really. 86 has the entire squad wiped out in the goddamn prelude. It sets the tone of a dark war story. It's not forced drama in any way.

Because the fundamental premise is nonsensical and forced for the sole purpose of "muh poor human garbage, muh poor nonexistent persons". There is NO good reason for them to be fighting a war this way, it's on par with the curse children slaughter of Black Bullet.

The only studio that can do a good anime from this is Kyoto Animation

Tell that to the Red Army.

Then you're a bit wrong since, "kids" is always participant in all wars.

They have it better than average soldier in First World War trenches.

WW1 trench soldiers were cycled around regularly between frontline, support, and reserve trenches and rest periods, they wouldn't have been expected to serve in a frontline trench for more than a couple weeks at a time except in the busier sectors and times. They were also considered to be people and not machine components.

true, but they are grunts and victims, never commanders

And they were still legally considered to be people and their families informed of their deaths. Not nonexistent livestock for forced melodrama.

Now read about how Russian soldiers were treated.

>Hand-drawn mecha
Those days are long gone user

Forced drama means when an author inserts a conflict that is not explained and/or over-the-top, to keep the story going or to add shocking plot twist. That's forced drama. Something that wasn't there in the beginning, and out of the blue, without even a hint of that it will happen, or so obviously out of character, just inserted to say "OH SHIT, LOOK AT WHAT'S HAPPENING BOIS." That's forced drama.

With that said, all drama in any story is fucking FORCED. It's just masked on a believable context WITHIN the story's premise.

Why are people forcing so much "that isn't how it shouldn't be" in a fictional world with a very different premise that the real world? That is the world the characters lives in. That is how it works there. It's similar to how stories are made. Authors force the characters into situations. That in itself is already drama.

So why the cherry picking?

Russia and China are special cases, they have so many fucking people an entire province's worth of people could disappear into the war machine and be barely an accounting error. The Republic in 86 is more like the French First Republic crossed with the German Third Reich.

Where's the translation?

Is it not on goddess?

At least the Russian soldiers and convict troops were defending their own soil and their own people, Stalin embraced patriotically Mother Russia and shit. The 86ers aren't even considered their own people. And the Waffen-SS's Ost batallions made up of captured Russians were the most useless of the SS as they were all liable to mutiny and shoot their own officers for obvious reasons.

Wait these suppose to be unmanned machines? why are these "casualties" happening?

some premises are not that good, there's always an elephant in the room which the reader has to ignore or take for granted.
ideas need to make sense in fiction if theyre important

They're "unmanned" because the kids piloting them are slave soldiers not legally considered to be people because of their race

They are defending their families living in concentration camps. And there is a twist like 3/4 in that explains the motivation of most squad members perfectly.

>there is a twist like 3/4 in

They will be able to go back to normal society?

Yes and they do here and explained a little bit for now in the LN.

It seems that you're really just spouting stuff to look like you know what you're talking about. The fact that you haven't even cited stuff from the novel itself and only from what you've gathered from the premise is really telling.

Is this isekai of a military otaku?

Scratch that. Their probably citizens from the other country.

That was much earlier. It's a lie and they know it. The real twist is completely different.

No. It's about a Nazi officer girl slowly realizing that animals she's sending to their deaths are human beans too. And then everything goes to shit.

boring
this one is more interesting

Sure thing.

Looking at reviews of vol.2 most people are disappointed that it's from his perspective now and generally rating it weaker than first volume. So I hope it's back to Lena from 4 onward.

>being easily impressed by LN garbage because it has cute girls and """""war"""""

Truly reveals the illiterate casuals who never picked up real war biographies in their lives.

When you take conscripts from annexed territories and you want them to do their best, you can offer certain liberties in their internal nomenclature if it helps to improve moral. Improves unit cohesion, reduces likelihood of desertion.

I kinda think it's a bit hard to take it seriously. Like yeah, cute girls, but I think it's gonna take itself too seriously down the line.

Nice assumptions retard.

Shin is main character in 2 but 3 is going to be Lena's fight in 85 districts. And after that it's definitely Lena since that's what fans want. Almost all reviews of 2 are "it was okay but give Lena back".

>I'm just going to project bullshit to appear intellectually superior and spectacularly fail at doing so

Is everything that's not CGDCT or self insert isekai with 0 challenge considered too dark now?

That part where she visits the barracks after everyone left or died is probably the best chapter I ever read in a light novel.

This tbqh.
Smells like good ol fashioned forced drama and probably similar to that overrated shuumatsu garbage. I guess people are into that sort of 'muh tragedy so good because MUH DRAMA AND TRAGEDY'

>appear intellectually superior

Anyone who willingly reads LN has low IQ and has low attention span so resort to babby fiction

LN is the superior form of entertainment when you compare it to manga and anime. Kindly fuck off you low IQ american.

So just like anime?

Vol.3 is out December 9.

>comparing text based medium too visual ones

And just because LN's have a few images here and there doesn't change that it's mainly text. I mean, I shouldn't be suprised LN babby's are incapable of knowing the difference but damn.

No matter how much you deny it, people who write LN's are failures who can't make it in a real publishing company that isn't trying to appeal to otaku teens.

>I'm going to shit on the book without reading it while taking a faux stance of paper-thin intellectual superiority.
You're a riot my dude. Keep on humiliating yourself.