Macross Delta

How butthurt were you with Macross Delta? I wanted to like it because I really dig the songs but I still ended up dropping it around episode 15/16.

Walküre's rendition of 'Do you remember love?' live
youtube.com/watch?v=kMKKby9-BkA

I was hyped after the pilot aired, but then I don't think I ever actually got around to watching the show.

I really liked mikumo, but i dropped it around the halfway point because it was
so
godamn
boring

Macross was never about idol groups, just individual singers. Especially not moeblob groups like in OP's pic.

The songs were great enough to make me watch until the end.

Best girl won.

It was great. Elf fags need to get over themselves.

i blame the production issues on low budget.
however overall narrative wise, i loved it. a lot of subtexts (maybe too many old man subtexts from kawamori) and best girl won in every way possible

The show should have only been 12 episodes. Also I'm an asspained Mirage fan.

I've heard all the songs, but I still haven't got to finish the show...

Who cares, lay that gud ol’ September shit we all love.

Not butthurt even in the slightest. Music was good, the girls were cute.

It was good until episode 14.

Then it when to shit after that. Completed it because I'm a hardcore Macrossfag, but was really disappointed in it.

Hope the movie saves it.

I honestly dont get all the hate for delta. I put off watching it for so long because of it but when I finally did I just found it an enjoyable watch. at the very least it is no worse then all the other crap that gets churned out season after season. Also Mikumo best girl.

at least they did the love story this time.

I was promised battle dancing. I received dancing in battle like twice over the course of the entire series.

Music was good; and the girls were sexy. But yea, the entire series was fucking pointless.

Music was fine, Love Story was okay too. But the main plot kind of fell apart in the second half. Was just really fucking boring at that point.

Also, I was promised battle dancing Valkyries. Where the fuck were they? The impression I got was that they were going for a dual sided approach for the performing this time. The singers doing the singing, and the pilots doing the dancing with the Valkyries. It's a concept completely batshit enough for Macross. And they kind of teased at it a bit in the earlier episodes, but it never really went anywhere.

>fold quartz, I don't need to explain shit.
>mah wind.

Didn't help that the mecha weren't remarkable. Althought the Sigfried was better than the piece of shit from Frontier, it still looks worse compared to the fucking Nighmare.

That bitch crying is really annoying. Keep your shit together.

I loved Freyja, like her VA, and I'm still trying to get tickets for the 3rd live. I desperately need to listen God Bless You and Kaze wa Yokoku naku Fuku in person.

This show was actually pretty great until the last seven episodes, when it took a nose dive. It would have been better without Mirage, so they could have focused on the other characters. Still better than frontier, though.

For a Macross series, it was a disappointment. It failed to revive the franchise.

How was the franchise dead if Frontier was a huge success?

I loved it, but like many others what the fuck happened during the second cour's writing. The potential of Delta felt so big and fresh, but literally nothing happened after Messer died.
I'm glad we are getting a movie, hopefully it will salvage the ending

best entry in the franchise, too many people /y/ned over nothing

There were only 2 good songs.
Giraffe Blues by Mikumo and Ikenai Borderline.

>best girl won in every way possible
There wasn't even a fight to begin with. Obviously the only girl with real chemistry won.

The only real problem was the second half. There was too much meandering, a lot of useless stuff that didn't amount to any real character or plot growth, and gave a half assed ending that left too many plot holes.(war merchants and UN spacey both being evil/crooked shits that were responsible for various things that put them on equal grounds as the villians)

>There wasn't even a fight to begin with. Obviously the only girl with real chemistry won.
yes, but at least it did something. for everything they didnt finish, freyja's arc was completed to the full

so is macross just idols and jet mechs?
I don't mind the singing when its during a fight but when it becomes part of the plot like Frontier I just get annoyed

less butthurt and more disappointed, it did almost everything wrong it could even though it opened up so strong and had so much potential

Music is the best in the franchise, girl winning is the best, story is a fucking turd

if you didnt like frontier, then you wont like macross post the original series

>but I still ended up dropping it around episode 15/16
I think I dropped it sooner than that, but I expected it to be shit from the second they announced it was going to be an idol group

frontier deniers like pretending 7 was good, in an unironic way

I think Delta was pretty good up to Messler's death.
Then the show just got lost on itself, almost nothing happened, Roid'd great plan was another version of Instrumentality (one of the most generic evil plans ever) and the ending was rushed.
Add to that how the Windermerians became one of the antagonist I personally dislike the most: a completely invincible antagonist which the story's writers shill the fuck out of it.

Only good Macross was Plus

it was all an allegory for the life of the macross series. that why on the surface it was total balls.

But Walkure and the air shows were the least shit part of Delta.
It would've been 100% better had it just been about Walkure concerts and dancing Valkyries with the Var stuff as a subplot.

I can't listen to Walkure songs without feeling like shit remembering all the despair and disappointment.

but I really liek the jet mechs. that what I'm really disappointed by in frontier, maybe Ive been in Sup Forums too long but there was so much reused animation of the jet fights and there was barely any of it. god I hated the two girls and I still hate ranka and some of this forced drama bullshit. and this is the first time I've used "forced drama" I want michael back.

It's shit because Kawamori thought he was better than he thought he was and rebelled against what it was supposed to be.

The whole thing felt like it COULD be great, but it was mediocre as hell.

Great until the second cour and then it just fell apart. Still looking forward to seeing it in a future SRW game.

You could barely call it that

The only good song in this entire garbage heap was Hametsu no Junjou, prove me wrong

Too bad you can't

>that SOOKEE YOO at the end
Yeah, no. Ikenai Borderline's the only one worth anything.

well, compared to 7 and frontier, delta was something resembling a love story. it was actually concluded.

Freyja is so cute.

almost no redeemable points and murdered the franchise basically forever
pure shit