Yuasa

Is he saving the anime industry?

>new Devilman
yes

Literally fucking who?

Haven't watched Lu yet but Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome was great and Devilman is going to be great so yes, he is saving Anime.

No

>how to make a perfect cosplay of a vehabi terrorist by accident

Spiritually, if not physically. But it's inevitable that normies won't appreciate genuine art.

>/soy-boy-core/ director
>saving anything

what?

It's the new hip meme insult spouted by people insecure about their masculinity. You'll be seeing it posted in every thread regardless of whether it's relevant or not.

Ah, the good old
>anyone who doesn't act like an emasculated sissy is secretly gay or insecure about their masculinity
kool-aid.

Idiots and their idiotic ideas I guess.

>overcompensating this much
Were you bad touched as a kid?

Why do you keep projecting your perspective onto everyone else user?

I guess it goes hand in hand with the classic, how can you know you're not a fag if you've never been fucked by one.

He's ruining it with flash-shit.

>soyboy
>core
>roastie
Fuck off crossboarder.

The industry doesn't need saving.

I've been here since 2005 and Rei and Osaka were the co-queens of Sup Forums.
You fuck off.

She wants attention, just ignore her.

This is what happens when retards don't lurk, they don't understand board culture and think coming here to spout their cancerous Sup Forums memes is acceptable because their shitty homeboards welcome all kinds shitposting.

Actually, /c/ has been my home board for years now. Sup Forums is full to the brim with plebbitors and tumblrinas nowadays.

That yoake movie is just not good.
For a musical it is extremely weak. Yuasa style was a mismatch for its quasi fantasy story. Watching it, I thought I was watching some western Saturday cartoon with its nonsense bad guy (president) trying to catch the guerilla theater troupe. The scooby tier animation made it hard to take the story seriously.
He is a 1trick pony. It works for tatami galaxy but just failed spectacularly here.

After years of no content from him, he came back and delivered. Devilman Crybaby his potential magnum opus is going to catapult him into worldwide popularity. Instead of the niche popularity he has now.

Where is this meme from?

It isn't a musical? That was just one section of the night.

Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Nah it was good

Trashboards.

I'm looking forward to this too, hell enthusiastically so, but man your expectations are way too high.

No, Disney is already in the process of sinking their jewish claws into him

>No shading
>Characters all flat as fuck with no sense of depth
>Fucks up the designs to one of the most iconic and best selling manga of all time

Yeah, nah.

>improved the designs of one of the ugliest manga of all time
ftfy

He's a perfect fit. He's non-white and "progressive" politically (far-left). Fits all the criteria. Only Naoko Yamada weighs higher in Disney's eyes, but they already have her on the hook.

I mean I did say potentially, so if its good it will become immensly popular if it sucks then not.

The manga one looks the best. I don't understand this meme.

Out of all those design choices the 90s one looks the best. After that the new one from Crybaby is better than all the others, so I dont know what you are talking about.

>tumblr image

>Sup Forums image

What the fuck is this Sup Forums vomit doing here?

>the Sup Forums bogeyman
Nothing I said is untrue.

Most artists everywhere are generally progressive or leaning to that side. You cant be an idiotic conservative and still apreciate all kinds of art especially not contemporary art. It goes against those backwards values.

What an imbecilic thing to say.
>Most artists everywhere are generally progressive or leaning to that side
Maybe in the US and Western Europe (and not even there), and only in the last couple of decades.
>It goes against those backwards values.
You know nothing about art.

>You know nothing about art.
Or "conservatives".

The social media boards

Man I always have a good time when I watch something made by Yuasa. His work is just always very entertaining and fun to watch. Definitely one of my favorite directors. I would say he is definitely one the key people saving anime.

He's my personal favorite director.

>conservative synonymous with right-winger
AMERICAN FUCK OFF

I am talking about nowaydays not the past and yes most are progressive. Actually I cant remember the last time I have seen a right leaning comedian that was funny or popular. They are trash because they are confined by their backwards ideas.

of course

Is she saving the anime industry?

What does the anime industry need saving from? Winter 2018 looks great

I like her more than Yuasa lately.

Within a political spectrum? Yes, of course you idiot. Conservativism generally refers to or is a part of the right wing of politics. And it was france that started this trend not america.

Best director right now, sorry Yuasa.

Conservativism literally means being fine with the way things are, the term you're looking for is reactionary, please stop outing yourself as an Amerilard.

Will she have Oscar?

Idolshit.

He doesn't like idols

No, I am talking about conservatives, not to mention that the word has many meanings. Reactionaries are merely a more extreme subgroup of those. But even vanilla conservatives are too stupid to understand art.

I really like Yuasa's Ryo separately from the old Ryo.

You should both fuck off.

I'm fairly certain that the designs eschewing Nagai for a more modern look is by Aniplex decree, rather than a specific decision made by Yuasa.

Honestly yes. He isn't hounded to appease to Otakuisms of the past 20(?) years now. He always seems to goe into his project with his own style and ideas in mind.
Compare Ping Pong to the average generic pandering garbage.

Then you should fuck off from Sup Forums. How are things fine now you fucker? Every anime that comes out these days is COMPLETE SHIT.

Maybe you're used to eating garbage, but I'm not.

Is that meant as an insult? Devilman is avant garde aesthetic galore.

The simple designs without shading are to aid in what is likely going to be very expressive animation.
See: Every other Yuasa anime.

Did I ever say I was either? I'm just sick of Americans using those words wrong, and 2017 has been a great year for anime what are you talking about?

You have shit taste. 80s one is best. Crybaby is last.

Ryo is supposed to look pretty.

I wasn't talking the lack of shading.

How was The Night is Short and Lu Over The Wall?

Yuasa is one of my favorite directors but I havent been able to bring myself to watch anime this past year, not even him.

Stop being a faggot and just watch them.

There's no evidence of that, not even anything close to evidence.

If you have nothing worthwhile to add you can fuck off too.

I know, it's just my assumption, but I think it makes sense.

Conservatives are literally retarded and have bad taste in anime.

That too is this way so you are able to have more animation in an episode.

Lu was shit, Night is Short was more of the same.

But there is no logic that makes it make sense.

It's not just the lack of sideburns, it's that goddamn ugly coconut bowl haircut. It's just ugh.

Miki just looks so generic in this. And not even pretty.

Cyborg 009 vs Devilman Miki was perfect in comparison.

That's bad, like some Hosoda chick.

70s Miki.

80s Miki.

2000 Miki.

Imagine how flat and monotone this will look in the anime.

What the fuck

Grimoire Miki.

>Need to wait till 2018 for Yuasa.
Fuck sake.

He has previous good works but the stuff he did with Ping Pong is god tier, Easily top 5 director right now.

If anything she looks less like a kid in this one compared to how she looks like in the cyborg ova . Reminds me more of the late 90s shoujo manga designs we had were female characters generally looked older or more matured. Less moe inducing
you could say.

OG Miki.

Amon (Manga) Miki.

Devilman vs Getter Robo Miki.

A cute.
Shit.

>we're talking about anime
>he brings up comedians and also proves how he lives in a bubble in the process
Typical.

Do all these Mikis give great head?

Bro.

Really? You can't see the logic in Aniplex pushing for more conventional-looking characters like what you'd see in most of their productions? I could easily be wrong, but I don't think it's a terribly dumb assumption to make.

What does it mean to save the industry?