Handy guide for judging a prospective partner based on their anime taste

Green flag:
>Studio Ghibli stuff
>Satoshi Kon stuff(Perfect Blue, Paprika, Tokyo Godfathers, et al)
>80's/90's classics(Bubblegum Crisis, Dragon Half, Escaflowne, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, et al)
>Anime that's self aware(Madoka et al)

Red flag:
>Any harem stuff(unless you're nostalgic for something older like Kimagure Orange Road, Tenchi Muyo, or Love Hina)
>Shounen trash(Bleach, Naruto, et al)
>Anime that tries too hard to be violent/edgy(Corpse Party et al)
>Anime that tries too hard to make a boring thing interesting
>Self-deprecating anime that drips with contempt for its fanbase(Keijo, Highschool of the Dead)

Red flag:
>Not knowing how to bait

Green flag:
>Not based on some fucking template.

Middle Tier(White/Gray Flag)
>Mainstream but still good(Cowboy Bebop)
>Good but is unfinished or has to make up its own story because its parent manga was still ongoing(Trigun, Zipang)
>Slice of Life(Azumanga, Lucky Star, et al)
>Shoujo anime that makes you feel like you're getting a peek into the female psyche(Paradise Kiss, Utena)
>Anime that panders to lonely nerdy guys but has redeeming qualities(any Type Moon, Haruhi)

.....Yeah. Ok. Thats fair.

>Anime that's self aware(Madoka et al)
>self aware

Could have been good bait but you went too far and it became too obvious

> Wanting to date old hags who watched all that 80s shit

If her first anime aired before K-ON! she's too old

i was in a relationship with someone because she liked toradora

Anime has only become good after K-ON! Everything that came before it is trash

Do you have a fetish for girls with shit taste?

not necessarily there some classics like Clannad, Toradora and Haruhi for example

Plenty of cool younger women like older anime.

Modern stuff is contrived and has tons of obvious CGI everywhere.

if you think that's shit tastes you don't wanna hear what was my favorite show last season

it was the vatican detectives one

>Escaflowne
You really wanted to put Evangelion in there didn't you bait-kun?

Sure. Lucky Star and Highschool DxD are pretty good too. Most that came before K-ON! are trash.

Wrong

Red fags:
>Miyazaki (especially if she mentions miyazaki by herself before anime is even brought up in conversation)
>isekai and MMO anime
>weed and memes
>"but man, miyazaki is my favorite, i could watch him movies all day"
>wants me to fuck another man while she watches (I hate this as much as I hate miyazaki)
Neither of these is ironic.

Vatican Kiseki is a good anime though.

>People on Sup Forums consider anything pre-2010's to be "old people anime"

Have we been invaded by obnoxious kids? Or am I just too old for imageboards?

>I hate this as much as I hate miyazaki
That sounds strongly exaggerated. I can't imagine you would hate gay sex that much.

>not wanting to sodomize another man in front of her to assert your dominance and manliness
Fag.

>implying it isn't just bad bait

both to be bloody honest

It's not my fault men in your country like a fag's hairy butt more than they like you.

> Or am I just too old for imageboards?

kids born in the year cowboy bebop and karekano aired are now adults that can drive and vote.

Lower-than-shit-tier: Preachy anime:
>Any kind of nuclear weapon analogy
>Preaches pacifism(if the alien plant-man with lightning reflexes doesn't need to kill people, you don't either)
>Philosophy 101 blathering(Lain et al)
>Clumsily weighs in on utilitarianism or nature vs nurture

Now I feel like an ancient crone :(

You just made me cry a little.

>Ghibli
Enjoy your normalfag gf with the Sanrio purse and Pikachu iPhone case.

And none of them drive or vote, but they'll tell you all about the useless thing they bought on sunday.
A crone's a state of mind, not something that can be read from a business card. Well, unless the card specifically mentions fortune telling or herbal medicine.

It was 8 years ago my man. Someone who was 10 in 2009 could be shitposting here this very moment and not be underage b&.

At first I thought this was bait but upon reflection, it is pretty accurate with only minor points being worth arguing about. People with shit taste in anime can usually be shown the error of their ways.
Thanks for the reminder of how hard HSotD sucked.

High tier:
>Watching anime you really enjoy.
Mid tier
>Watching anime as a routine
Shit tier
>Watching anime you don't enjoy for hipster cred.

I'm between high and mid.

I'll sometimes finish shows that aren't that great because I've already sunk time into watching half of it.

>that image

>partner
I need a new internet.

>'Do I look like I know what a jpg is?'

Redflag
>Lain
>Utena

every person I've known who's liked those has been a tranny

Ultra redflag
>anything with traps

Only red flag is anything BL

>watches anime
Red flag
>open to anime
Green flag

where do lolicon shows fit into this

>plays F/GO
The reddest flag

>partner
fucking normalfags I swear

If your favorite restaurant hosts a birthday party for some bratty 10yo, are you too old for it? No, you are a victim of bad timing. If the food starts to suck are you to old for it? No, the quality has simply declined. If you still subject yourself to either you might be a masochist or a pedophile, but not too old.

Up the butthole.

>Food analogies

We get it ANN you are trying to infiltrate Sup Forums, all w need to do is hold out until net neutrality is dead!

>unless you're nostalgic for something older like Kimagure Orange Road, Tenchi Muyo, or Love Hina)
>my shit taste is fine since I have feelings for that trash, as opposed to this new trash which i dont have feelings for
retard

I can make you out yourself in any thread by making a food analogy, or even make you leave. I could find out everything you like about Sup Forums and ruin it for you just by showing up. I expect someone already is, though, since you seem so well trained.

This. Anyone, male or female, who praises Ghibli for anything other than animation quality is a normalfag who has seen less than 100 anime. Its always literally the same movie over and over but with different skins attached and they're quaint watches but hardly anything ground breaking let alone master pieces. If anyone says 'I love Ghibli movies, I've seen all of them' you avoid them like the plague.

I liked that doujinshi where she fucked the bugs.

But what do you do if you meet a girl who has a higher power level than you and she knows a lot more about the medium as a whole so you feel intimidated every time she talks about the subject and calls you a newfag?

Asking for a friend.

I would stop blogposting

Full force in the etc.

that mostly applies to miyazaki directed films

Takahata's movies are all different from each-other and there's visual diversity as well

>anything other than animation quality
What about the gorgeous backgrounds, well written stories (some, obviously) and masterful direction? If their reason is "lmao so different" or "it's just really magical," sure, write it off. But you're the sub-100 if you think the only thing those films have going for them is animation quality.