Why do I like her so much?

I just watched Koe no Katachi last week, and my favorite character was the biggest bully. Now I usually hate bullies, but she was just so perfect. The way she talked, walked, acted. I wanted the MC to end up with her over the main girl. Anybody else feel like that?

She is not beautiful.

I'm not sure whether to love or hate Ueno, I guess it's both. She's a horrible person and doesn't ever become a half decent one, but in that respect she's relatable.

I usually love any sort of bullying (as long as its not serious) for obvious reasons but she sort of went beyond that. She definitely went too far.

Read the Manga. You'll enjoy it.

She's the only honest person in the manga where everyone is a hypocrite cunt. She also loves MC and isn't shy about slaying thots in her way to fight for him.

thats just kyoanus inability to portray characters authentically

this

says the kyoanus licker

Yes her honestity is probably her stronger point. She's still an ugly person but has some redeemable values in the manga, in the movie she's just a basic bitch.

>She's still an ugly person but has some redeemable values in the manga, in the movie she's just a basic bitch.
She didn't strike me as portrayed particularly differently in either version. What are you referring to?

I was worried the movie would keep her an insane yandere bitch, but KyoAni made her feel more down to earth.

A lot of people were dissappointed that the scene where she berates the fatty isn't included in the movie

Is Ueno a better person than Shinka?

-She actually struggles about being a bitch
-She constantly fights Kawai in the manga because at least she recognizes her flaws unlike her who is a Dindu
-Her love for Shouya is more explicit giving her another reason to hate Shouko

Her character just feels trivialized as "pure evil" in the movie

I admire her because of this, she's not your basic bitch.

Shouko is so S H I T that every other girl looks good by comparison

>She's a horrible person and doesn't ever become a half decent one
because she does not want to look as pathetic as MC

>Kawai
>good
Pick one.
And Shouko has shit self-esteem but damn, I'd cuddle the shit out of her.

Everyone shit.
Only maria is not shit.

She's just a jealous bitch who was perfectly fine harassing a handicapped kid but couldn't find the courage to even confess, or even apologize.
Her retarded anger outbreak at the hospital and her monopolizing the hospital room are the cherry on top.

>couldn't find the courage to even confess, or even apologize
She had courage for both though.

I feel like this could have worked just fine as a lighthearted SoL with a few dramatic moments like in the first half, the change in the second half felt a bit too abrupt. Still the drama is better handled in the manga at least, in the movie it's a real mess.

I'm sorry to say but you have all of the common signs and indications of shit taste, stop posting and seek help immediately

>not a hypocrite
>literally spends her childhood joining in on bullying the MC because she was too weak to resist peer pressure and admit she liked him

No, the drama was an unbearable mess in the manga.

Thank god she didnt get mc

She's meh in the manga. Most of her motivation comes from her crush on Shoya in the manga which is one of the most generic motivations imaginable.

It at least made the characters conflict with their ideals and the such (MC actually tells shit people they are shit) in the movie the characters were poorly developed and the drama rushed.
The SoL first half is still my favorite part in either the movie and manga though.

Funny. I feel she's more trivialized in the manga. In both the movie and manga she hates Shoko because of her apologetic nature and lack of proactivity to understand other people, but in the manga her crush on Shoya takes precedence over everything else, thus making her character feel more vapid and cliche in the manga.

Her other motives were still there and better developed than the movie, and honestly disliking Shouko alone isn't a good reason to keep treating her like shit, she keep doing that because of her interest in Shouya.

>9 years old
>expecting her to resist peer pressure which most 19 years old are unable to resist

It continued for years into middle school judging from when she just walks up to him in gym when he is minding his own business just to try and embarass him about being a virgin. The main thing I disliked about how the thing ended is how fucking amiable everyone was with each other at the end. MC didn't have to hang out with half those two faced fucks.

The only thing that is more developed in the movie is her crush on MC, which like I said is a trash motivation and I'm glad they removed it from the movie, what's left is only the implication. And what are you talking about? She hates Shoko because of and it is also shown in the movie.

Yes, she likes Shoya and hates Shoko, Ueno saying this clearly in the story, but even more to it — she consider Shoko an evil schemer who only appear weak and defenseless in front of other in order to gain their support and protection, and Naoka doesn't realize how wrong she is till the very end.

wait the movie is different?
is it worth watching? how different are we talking about here, in broad terms?

More to the point. Movie is basically the one shot, the second and third volume and the last volume? Most of the fluff in the middle with the side characters is gone.

You may think it's a shit motive but it's still the only viable motive, if she didn't care about Shouya there is no reason to harass Shouko, she could just move away

i really doubt that the gym talk was to embarrass him since we know she likes him most middle schoolers are virgins and both of them were on each others throats even before the fallout she probably just missed talking to him so she tried to start a conversation or she wanted to make sure that he wasn't seeing anyone sure the mc didn't have to hang out with those hypocrites but ueno isn't one of them she was always honest about her opinions and didn't give a shit about what anyone thinks

I think people overrate the jealousy, considering her age the biggest reason might've just been her being tired of acting like her support and having to care for her because of the teacher being a lazy ass.

Been a while since I read the manga but In the movie she meets Shoya before meeting Shoko again. Her motivation for sticking around was to amend things with him and also the implied crush. She hates Shoko but isn't actively looking to harass her.

Is she a nadeshiko?

Nadeshitko

I haven't seen the movie but that is how it was in the manga too. She met him again at the cat cafe thing and actively tried to meet up with him, bothering him and school and everything. She is only hostile at Shoko when she sees him being so nice to her and thinks she is just manipulating him.

He doesn't have any reason to hang out with Ueno either. In fact he should have less of a reason to after she rebukes his efforts to try to get her to get along with Shoko. Her hostilities should be enough for him to sever ties with her if she wasn't going to let go of her misguided grudge.

>He doesn't have any reason to hang out with Ueno either. In fact he should have less of a reason to after she rebukes his efforts to try to get her to get along with Shoko. Her hostilities should be enough for him to sever ties with her if she wasn't going to let go of her misguided grudge.
If you feel like this just by reading the manga you'll hate the movie my man, Ishida is much more passive and doesn't take action about anything, while Ueno is a cold bitch without any feel of remorse. I read the manga after the movie and while not great the drama is quite more understandable.

Knowing how Naoka is, I kinda believe it was a failed attempt at seduction.
But Shoya constantly attacking her though, looking after Shoko and trying to keep the distance between them. It's just Ueno always ends up with the group because she is friends with Miki, who's friends with Satoshi, and Miyoko also trying to be a friend with Nao, so Shoya can't just turn her down, he is forced under these conditions, and not to mention, he wants them all to be friends with Shoko to make up for the past sins.

good waifu but not as good as deafy

You're probably autistic if you didn't get the motivations of the characters in the movie. Autists need things to be spelled out for them, they're very literal

Nah you are the autistic if you think something with 30% the source material is as developed as the manga.

They prob could have made the adaptation a 6 episode anime with a epilogue.

You like her because she's fucking cute, She's a dirty bitch who bullied a deaf girl for no reason, Uenofags are disgusting.

If she was ugly as fuck you'd all be hating on her, You know this is true.

>Ishida is much more passive and doesn't take action about anything
Wrong. I've seen this same argument multiple times, usually with a page of the manga with Shouya telling Ueno that he hates her after she tells him baldy. It's probably you again. If that page is your whole argument then try a bit harder. He actively tries to amend things, he seeks Sarada and talks to Kawai on his own, he is not passive at all, at least not when he has a purpose to strive for.

Ueno in the movie is not as bad as in the manga, her not feeling remorse makes sense in the movie since she USNR as vicious and her motives are believable.

They are, the main characters at the very least. You're the only retard who thinks the manga is better, think about it, maybe you are in the wrong here?

I really want to fuck Ueno badly.

Shouko is completely butchered in the movie. In the manga, Shouko feels like a real character that at times hated Shoya as much as she hated herself. She is slightly petty, she is slightly selfish, she is actually human. In the movie, Shouko is a one-dimensional victim whos psychological state was never explored.

Good luck with that.

>You're the only retard who thinks the manga is better
Except you are the only one who says this you autistic fuck, even if that is the case try to justify your point better than "muh Sup Forums said so!", Hivemind piece of shit.

She never hated Shoya, in fact — she never hated anyone but herself. Shoya did hate her at some point.

Hits too close to home m8

She says she hated him in one of the early chapters.

That moment she pulled out that cat tail... DAMN

She's kind of a cunt, so in that sense, she's pretty realistic.

It's Yuzuru replic user, she is waching them from behind and judging Shoya in her mind. Actually, through the manga we never get to see what Shoko thinks except for that one chapter near the end, author wants us to figure that out ourselves, Silent Voice huh.

There is one chapter that is fully told from Shouko's point of view that was fully removed from the movie. Without it, Shouko in general feels extremely flat. Someone who exists to be victimized.

It's YUZURU you double niggers, read the manga again.
c:gandon english

What the fuck are you talking about? Shoko is the most true to the source, since she's barely even a character, more of a plot device. Show me where in the manga it is stated that she hates Shoya

Mangafag at it again with his weak points that keep getting refuted left and right? Now wait until he brings the 'I beat boredom' cliche trait Shoya had in the manga but was rightfully removed from the movie.

she has a very appealing character design that makes you stare at her for a long time

Wonder if moviefag is retarded or just a Kyoanus fag

anyone that chooses bitchueno over Nishimiya obviously has never had a girlfriend. Ueno is the stereotypical "bad bitch" in every high school anime, movie, tv show and she falls into the trope exactly.

Only manga Ueno, movie Ueno has more substance.

I just want to fuck her brains out, not spend the rest of my life with her

Why has no one posted that fanart with Ueno and Kawai?

Both are bitches. Still not as bad as Kawai.

I felt like Kawai was a bit more bearable in the movie (if only because she gets less exposition), she's the worst in the manga though

She's unnecessarily bad in the manga, doesn't even feel like a real character to be honest

I knew some girls who acted like she did.

because she is up front about things

What do bad girls deserve?

Uenofags are mentally deficient.

You identify with the strong.

Anyone got the filthy casual edit.

We all know Yamada likes to self insert, Mugi in Keion, Tamako in Tamako Market, which character was Yamada's self insert in KnK.

Yuzuru

Full Nelson

I like her because she remained genuine to what she actually felt.
She didn't like that the dumb girl intruded on their little friend circle and ruined everything so she openly said so.
Sure, the bullying thing was fucked up but kids can be assholes. Picking on her kind of just escalated until the breaking point.

Also, Ueno the kinda girl who's bitchy but is entirely on your side no matter what against everyone and everything. So there's that nice aspect.

I didnt like how she didnt grow up, even as a 17 year old shestill wanted to fuck about while everyone else watch maturing.

BTFO Bitch

I swear I have seen a webm of this.

Ueno wasn't wrong at all. And she's far from being a horrible person like Kawai. She just didn't have to like so fucking rough all the time because she doesn't get what she wants, only entitled bitches do that.
Meanwhile, the simple thought of Kawai gets me on edge.

I have never hated a character more than Kawai. Probably because she reminds of some girls I grew up hating.

She beat a deaf girl who nearly killed her love. And her mother. It's hard to not fall in love.

This series is basically 3DPD shit.

I'd say it's handled well so I have no issue with it. Like Galko.

Evangelion too.

NIshimom definitely won that exchange, user.

Forgot to add that this is why she is the best milf girl.

It's just a light version of your typical trashy Mexican Telenovela don't kid yourself

She's so hot. Those droopy eyes, that bitchy attitude. I want her to treat me like garbage and her personal.human toilet.

Mirai Nikki as well.