Penguindrum

Thoughts on this without spoilers itt? Haven't heard much talk about it at all and thinking of watching it. Any good?

its ok 9/10

"ok"

if you are slow you'll need to watch it twice but the rewatchability is pretty low due to some characters liking to sperg out a lot

Damn that sucks.

rewatchability isn't that low, I actually rewatched it like 4 or 5 times because every time I rewatch it there's more stuff i'll notice that just seems LOLRANDOMXD or that doesn't seem to make sense, but actually does.

Most people disagree but IMO it's one of the best anime ever made. You do have to read up a LOT to get everything tho.

For such a long show I remember suprisingly small amount of things about it except whole ending sequence, both openings, henshing scenes and the cast.

His worst work, YKA was better

I had real high expectations when I started watching it, but after four or five episodes I didn't get anything.

You won't get it until you're at least 15-20 episodes deep. Even when you finish you'll need a rewatch to connect all the pieces.

>IMO it's one of the best anime ever made. You do have to read up a LOT to get everything tho.
this.

what said

yeah, it was great. maybe not in the way you'd expect. also it may not be for everyone.

It's what happens when symbolism and metaphors overtake the plot itself.

I dropped it 25 times

First half is great. Everything I expected from Ikuhara's return to anime.
Second half is literally improvised because Fukushima

i dropped it at ep 24

I honestly finished this last week. It was...okay, solid 7/10. Good enough to watch if there's nothing else in your catalog, but otherwise no.

As stated, the second half feels as though it was written on the fly, and has a very disjointed feeling with the first half. Doesn't help that the plot doesn't really start till episode 12, and all the setup that's needed to understand the happenings as presented in the script require you to remember subliminal plot points from the very beginning of the show.

Again, if there's nothing else, sure, watch it. The directing is great, the penguins are cute, the OP is one I never skipped, but alas, it just isn't that great.

I wanted more Sanetoshi.

Kanba was a cunt, except if you're a woman or an edgy teen
Shouma deserved better

Kanba did nothing wrong. Pussybois deserve nothing.

Everything about its production and direction is pretty good but I didn't like how the whole anime is just about beating down on kids for no apparent reason I know why but fuck why are the adults acting so batshit crazy. It also casually touches upon topics like rape just to be forgotten an episode later. Not even the ending redeemed anything that happened

>terrorism isn't wrong

I still have no clue why people say that the second half was rushed or anything like that. I never found anything wrong or off about it.

>I didn't like how the whole anime is just about beating down on kids for no apparent reason
I know Japan has the batshit insane idea of blaming the children for their parents's crimes but I thought the show was about criticizing this crap and it does sometimes, except at the end Shouma did nothing wrong and he's punished anyway because lol this is our punishment.

On an ideal timeline, Kanba would go to jail or a mental assylum, Himari would die because shit happen and it can't be helped and Shouma would move on and accept Himari died because she had bad health and Kanba became a terrorist because he was a mentally unstable asshole, neither were his fault as his parents killing people wasn't his fault either and start dating Ringo. Free will wins over destiny, Sanetoshi fuck off. The end.

didnt shouma take any the punishment from ringo?

I want to strap Ikuhara to a chair and force him to watch a bunch of documentaries about cyborgs and mind machine interface, in English. Just so he can feel for himself what it means to not get anything.

What if he understands it all

yurikuma storm the superior Ikuhara masterpiece

this