I am a management consultant (I give overpriced advice to fortune50 executives even though I barely graduated college)

I am a management consultant (I give overpriced advice to fortune50 executives even though I barely graduated college)

I recently finished working on a project for a leading food and beverage firm (you probably) and I'm convinced modern capitalism is the most degenerate shit of all time

ask any questions you might have

Attached: Charlemagne.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183858/All-presidents-bar-directly-descended-medieval-English-king.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LnZnSumfIlE
youtube.com/watch?v=et_9vR9PnY0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How did you achieve this high social status position

my advice to everyone here is do not buy any new soda type beverages released and pushed by a major food/beverage conglomerate in the next year+

it's the least I can do to mitigate the cancer we've helped this firm hatch

Attached: 6jbclk8o54ix.jpg (548x830, 50K)

Can you be more specific on this cancer you've helped unleash?

top US college undergrad

didn't want to be a software engineer or a banker so my buddies recommended consulting as a good paying job

networked and practiced, got a job, been working for 2 years

I can't lol, if someone wanted to it would be very easy to track me down if I mentioned which firm I work for at this point or who our client was

at the end of the day I'm just disgusted I played a part in the mass psychological manipulation we criticize, but this happens everyday with so many different bs consumer goods

just don't buy the hype for any new soda beverage coming out

Attached: 清_郎世宁绘《清高宗乾隆帝朝服像》.jpg (1813x2432, 1.9M)

but I wouldnt call it a high social status position necessarily

sure 85k salary/salary progression/exit opportunities are cool but I don't have mad prestige or anything, or even a house lol

I know everything you know and am prepared to act.

what do you mean

Attached: 1_-cartagena.jpg (1600x514, 246K)

you're the same tard that started the my uncle is a senator thread.... lame

my uncle is a drunkard and a waiter at 50 years old

who are you talking about

Attached: (Preikestolen, Norway) [OC] [2157 × 2876].jpg (1941x2588, 644K)

Why are you in Canada?

How cucked are things around you?

What should I do?

op provides 0 proofs

can you at least tell us why to avoid it? does it have to do with the healthiness/ingredients in the soda or are you just disgusting with the marketing campaign?

Family

Pretty cucked, consulting is insanely politically correct because "client-facing" and whatnot

Almost everyone is a neoliberal careerist yuppie meme

what is your issue?

what kind of proof do you want

I'm not going to screenshot my ID because it'd be too easy to track me down

People like me aren't necessarily rare anyway

>I'm convinced modern capitalism is the most degenerate shit of all time

You poor kid. Still suffering under delusion.

Capitalism is a myth. Just like communism. They are just veils behind which the true ruling elite hide themselves. Did you know that every single US president has some relation to king John?
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183858/All-presidents-bar-directly-descended-medieval-English-king.html

Amazing coincidence, right? Well, either an amazing coincidence or our leaders are chosen by some invisible heirarchy that we don't even know exists.

How did you do it

Pretty uncommon to see a picture from my city on 4chink. Nice choice, OP.

Attached: hauptbahnhof_metz.jpg (2592x1944, 1.23M)

Soda has been dying over the past decade because of consumers' growing concern for their health, hence firms like Coca-Cola, Pepsico expanding their non-soda non-alcoholic beverage product lines

Soda is extremely unhealthy, and the marketing will do its best to convince you to not care. It will work on a lot of people

you can see an example of the kind of shit I'm talking about in this ad for diet coke (this is not what I worked on but it's in the same vein) youtube.com/watch?v=LnZnSumfIlE

Attached: 0081_st_andrew.png (425x420, 303K)

you can call it by whatever name you want, the system which I help grow every day is degenerate cancer

top US college undergrad (google target school consulting) in a "quantitative" degree (very wide range of acceptable majors, anything like math, econ, physics, compsci, engineering, finance, even business is considered quant enough for these jobs)
ps if you're at an Ivy you can study anything literally and get a job at the top firms
do interesting extracurriculars and internships
network and prepare for case interviews

it's not out of reach if you're at one of these top schools

When I go to take out my bowl of spaghetti O's the bowl is always too hot to touch, eventually when I touch the bowl enough it doesn't burn any more, but the spaghetti O's are too cold when I take it out. I know they would taste warm while the bowl is hot, but the bowl is just too hot for my hands and I can't eat it while it's still in the microwave, I spill it everywhere. Do you see the predicament I'm in?

c'est tres beau comme vitrine, j'espere pouvoir visiter eventuellement!

Attached: norman_rockwell_church.jpg (1902x2000, 1.7M)

So there will be a push next year to get people to drink more soda?

I've always fucking hated commercials, I don't know why exactly. Just had a strange thought, do you think they are purposefully being casually evil? It's like they aren't trying to be as subtle.

Just stay the hell away from my energy drinks and we won't have a problem, leaf.

Attached: 1492897054171.jpg (720x960, 72K)

If I understand your issue, you constantly overheat your spaghetti-os to the point where the bowl becomes too hot to handle, and letting it cool down means the contents of the bowl become unacceptable cold, correct?

there are two ways you could approach this problem, either by independantly decreasing the temperature of the bowl, or independantly increasing the temperature of the spaghetti-os

I would begin by exploring the first option: have you tried heating your food in a bowl made from a less heat-absorbent material?

For the second option: have you attempted to heat your spaghetti-os separately (stove for example), and then tranfer them to a bowl?

A leading food and beverage conglomerate will likely release a new soda-type product designed to appeal to this demographic of ex-soda drinkers who've since stopped and switched to other non-alcoholic beverage products (e.g. diet, juice, water, coffee)

it should be obvious what they're trying to do if you keep an eye out for it

Whats the most important lesson that you've learned when it comes to dealing with clients?

Yes. Advertisers and marketers are aware of the cynical attitude most consumers have towards their work, and are able to turn this in their favor. This is why the most impactful commercial and ads are always the most weird, sneaky, self-aware, and overtly evil "ad-like" ones. Postmodern marketing

jokes on you you are one of the consumers that results from soda-drinker attrition

expect to see targeted ads trying to make you drink soda

Attached: 4_Gift_Bringers_of_Otto_III.jpg (650x631, 73K)

Place a cloth oven-mitt or folded hand-towel under the bowl. Make sure you use glass bowl and not plastic, the plastic will leach chemicals when its heated.

I originally went to college for graphic design, but hated advertising. I know people have to advertise, but it felt like lying.

So I went into education, and realized that is also lying. Oy vey!

The only people that think diet coke is healthy are fatties trying to make themselves feel better.

Everyone knows soda is unhealthy, I still drink coke from time to time because its a nice treat.

make them feel they are getting their money's worth (mental math, constant "structuring" of any problem you face is a lot of posturing to make the client feel you are smart and worth your rate)

get very good at answering difficult questions under pressure by learning to spin like a press secretary

at the end of the day, we are advisors. So we can't act like your boss, or your employee. Scolding a client, telling them they're doing something shit, etc. needs to be done w extreme tact and conversational judo (ie making them feel like they're the ones who thought of it first)

the greatest consultants have a way of scolding a client by giving them a compliment. It's very impressive

also always accept coffee or water if someone offers it

^
client interactions are genuinely the hardest and most lucrative part of this job and any other professional services

I lie every day. Everyone lies

Malheureusement le Salon de l'Empereur n'est pas accessible au public (sauf expositions ou Journées du patrimoines) mais il y a plein de belles choses à voir à Metz en dehors de ça.

Attached: jhRI2cIBzNxnJ-SxfKitdVa0rsI.jpg (640x480, 108K)

Attached: 302CC0DC-7599-4EB3-B8CE-81F5CEE34F16.jpg (800x359, 54K)

What does a "management consultant" do?

I will have a Mexican coke very rarely if I’ve got an upset stomach. I’d say maybe once every 6-8 months. No HFCS. I went to just plain water after drinking Diet Coke in my younger years. That diet moniker is such a crock. Lost 11 lbs after dropping it and that’s all I removed. It’s all evil even Steve Jobs made fun of sugar water.

Jordan Peterson does not lie.

do you work at mckinsey boston or bain?

>This is why the most impactful commercial and ads are always the most weird, sneaky, self-aware, and overtly evil "ad-like" ones. Postmodern marketing

I fucking knew it. Evil bastards. But what are you gonna do, it's an evil age, nobody cares, people are blind. There's much worse happening in the world than these ads. It's just a symptom of the times I guess.
The energy drinks are just as disgusting. Have you ever seen that dark red precipitate floating in the bottom of Monsters can? Probably rust from some rusting fitting in their dirty vat they cook it in. You are drinking that.

wiki : "Management consulting is the practice of helping organizations to improve their performance, operating primarily through the analysis of existing organizational problems and the development of plans for improvement."

i call it giving overpriced advice to fortune50 executives because... that's my job

in a typical week you travel monday-thursday, you interview a shitton of people, you read and analyze a shitton of information, you go to calls and meetings and more calls and meetings and draw shit on whiteboards, then you come up with your advice and there you go that'll be 1 million dollar pls

I try not to lie. If someone asks me something I don’t want to answer, I say it’s difficult for me to say, which is the truth.

Does it get you lots of pussy, tho??

Attached: 886E980D-13C0-4860-81C4-53381242BB5A.jpg (500x504, 57K)

You can't really call it capitalism as long as Jewish Fed controls interest rates / generate endless debt / redistributes wealth. Plus, FDR's commie ass reforms really fucked a lot of shit up as well.

yes

that's cool
I drink the san pellegrino grapefruit cans sometimes

just never buy a 2L bottle it's so fucking bad for you to even have that in your house

average amount, actually probably below avg for my age desu

Attached: Nepal_ethnic_groups.png (1298x934, 100K)

>Everyone lies

Attached: 1521840820511.jpg (1800x1322, 3.32M)

ok then, as I said to the other guy, whatever you call it doesn't matter. The current situation is degenerate

I don’t like it when kids start drinking soda and get fat and diabetes and don’t understand how much harder their life will be.

I know one of the authors of an early fat activist book, and while she still holds some of those views and is obese, she doesn’t want young people eating garbage because they’ll get diabetes.

I used to think let people do whatever they want, but I lean toward thinking most people need to be somewhat controlled because they can’t help themselves, or perhaps won’t, given the choice.

The problem is the people controlling them aren’t doing what’s in their best interest. And I think that comes from religion. I used to be an atheist a few years ago.

Attached: CF2DAC44-659F-4DD3-ACB8-0A4597228739.jpg (678x381, 33K)

I'd like to point out one thing

as much as modern society and its economic arrangement (I call it modern capitalism but you can refer to it however you like) is trash and how much I dislike helping push cancer-causing soda and other shit, I still love my job and have had cool mandates

if you can do it, are smart and like social interaction, I recommend it

one of the main drivers of why this firm perceived an opportunity to revitalize the classic soda space is acceptance of hedonism and body positivity

*meaning, religion can be a way of taming people for their own good, let’s say. It can get corrupt and be too controlling, as well.

Do you think your job is effective, or is it one of those where most of what you do is pointless? I of Jobs are kind of pointless, or at least the people are just there to fill in here and there for people who do meaningful work, and most of their work is just busy work.

A lot of our advice doesn't work, or isn't followed. Comes with the game. Personally, I enjoy the process, and if I do well enough it's setting me up for a good career as an executive somewhere. Or I can pack up and leave do something risky in a few years, having proven experience in a high-octane profession.

Pointless for society, maybe or maybe not, depends on the case. It does help businesses make more money most of the time, or they wouldn't keep coming back and shelling out millions for our advice.

The fat pride author is someone I’ve known almost 20 years. She’s the weirdest person I know, but she’s really smart. It’s obvious to me it all come from pain and not being able to fit in, so she became a proud, fat lesbian. I think in a better society she would have not gone down this road. I think she is an outlier who probably wouldn’t do well as just a housewife, but she wouldn’t be so lost. I do consider her a friend.

can we gas the jews yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=et_9vR9PnY0

Consultants are some of the most misanthropic, cynical capitalists on earth. You're just mad that you have to lie to get rich because you know you're smart enough to get rich in an honest pursuit. Therefore, the system must be broke.

Thing is, all systems fail under the stewardship of cynical misanthropes. You'll never figure out any decent strategy for moderating your contempt, and you'll never figure out how to fix the very broken system you loathe. The one that feeds you so well if you just lie to people the right way. You'll never figure out that in any otehr paradigm you'd still be fucking people over to get a leg up, except you'd do it for the state instead of for your firm's billable hours. You're the problem, not capitalism. Seek virtue. Let it guide you.

Thanks for the answer, have you ever had a bad situation where you got caught by a client completely off guard, if so how was it and how did you play it off?

>ok then, as I said to the other guy, whatever you call it doesn't matter. The current situation is degenerate

It matters insomuch as it's a diagnosis. Misdiagnosis is how the fucking Jews continuously make shit worse. Be a Jew but don't be a FUCKING JEW.

>literally #yolo the commercial

Top kek. Whoever falls for this shit deserves to drink themselves to death under the weight of their own blubber.

this is true

I would like to get an MD soon enough. Curing sick children is as pure a pursuit of money I can think of. Every other lucrative career would keep me as cynical as I am now.

I also find some kind of refuge in exploring my family's religious tradition.

Do you have consultant friends? You seem to know what you're talking about

This week a client fiercely criticized a part of our research methodology during a biweekly call. I'm not as good at spin (and desu I agreed deep down) so my colleague took over and spun a nice response and apology that temporarily calmed the client exec down.

But now we have to go back and retrofit his made-up statement to our actual work. It's a weird situation.

Its not like familiarity breeds contempt...and judging from your description, your clients aren't exactly first-tier.
Improve your working conditions, user.

I do like my job on a purely selfish level, working conditions are great imo. And our clients are top-tier (Mbb)

Women are probably attracted to you for your job. You can be a provider.

Maybe but as I said earlier I think I get below avg pussy for my age due to my career

I broke up with my girlfriend in the first year at the job due to hours/travel strain

Nowadays I have little time during the week, and little interest on the weekend to pursue a long term relationship

Hmm... I have a job that doesn’t pay well but tends to be around 40 hours with travel maybe once a year, so that makes me feel a little better... hmm...