Why are they using cold weapons?

Why are they using cold weapons?

Even during the capture of Iserlohn fortress, Yang's subordinates were using cold weapons. Is there a reason why they can't use their laser weapons in space?

Because explosive decompression is a bitch.

I'm not familiar with science user. Can you explain it in layman terms? What happens if they fire their laser guns in space?

O MY LASER RING

There's a danger of puncturing the walls of whatever structure they're in and being killed by the resulting violent decompression.

I didn't see it in that perspective. makes sense. I was under the impression that their laser guns only hurt flesh and not walls.

>Light travles at the speed of light
>Light is slow in space, adn space shits travle faster then light
>Freezing weapons move at the speed of cold
>Cold is everywhere and so it is faster the light. light is over in a blink

Didn't Yang's party dump a load of Zephyr particles everywhere when they invaded Iserlohn? Blasters would have caused everything to blow up.

yea, this is the actual reason for the iserlohn part, a party literally blew themselves up after shooting because of it, and then they switched to melee.

Actually this is the main reason all ship combat turned medevial. They used Zephyr particle all the time when invading or defending a ship so its more reliable to be armed with axes and armor rather than hoping the enemy doesn't use zephyr.

The only place Zephyr can't be used is on planets which is why they still use guns during invasions.

They don't want to blow holes in the hulls of ships they are fighting in; also a type of airborne explosive is often deployed that will go off if anyone shoots.

It is pretty fucking weird/ham fisted to make melee combat a real thing in this series, but then again the whole story/setting is very much inspired by 1800s Napoleonic naval warfare, which did have a lot of melee aboard ships, so that just goes along with the clash of victorian/futuristic stuff. It's stylized more for the story than a hardcore crystal-balling of far future tech hence the term space opera. And it is glorious.

During space battles, ships and stations are filled with Zephir Particles, preventing them from firing lasers without blowing themselves up. It's like filling a space full of propane gas, with the lasers like a match.

>badass suits of armour
>these guys literally jobbed in every fight against the Rossenritten
Come on now.

Because the author read Dune.

I guess I didn't pay enough attention. Thanks for the clarification. This series is really well done.

Didn't they mention at some point about gas that was used in spaceships that would cause localized explosions if laser or gunpowder weapons were used?

There spaceships literally fire lasers

The lasers have to go though the thick fucking fazors

Rosen ritter are literally those guys except more badass and in republican armor

I meant the handheld lasers.

>firing lasers in a ship
>zephyr particles
>strong armor are almost laser proof too most of their pew pew guns
>sharpen axes and arrows could physically penetrate the space armor
>trying to put sense in anime when they're literally LARPing noble society

I just assume Rossenritters vs. everyone else was like putting toughest spec ops against army regulars. Also, when they hear their name, half of them just freeze there and take a free hit.

Gang's staff's competency grew relative to their disadvantage in almost everything.

His death was stupid. All the other admirals just stood their doing nothing.

Oberstein jumped into action to save the only person who mattered.

After Red shoved away the weapon, the other admirals should've ganged up on him immediately, instead they remained shocked and watched as red gets laser ringed.

oh fuck. so that's what it meant.

dumb meme
Punching a bullet size hole through a wall in a spaceship would not result in explosive decompression, you could stand in the room for several minutes as the air is slowly sucked out, its basically a complete non issue if you have a sealed power suit like LoGH guys do anyway.

The space ships in LoGH are pretty clearly armoured to a decent degree, no way a hand held weapon could ever penetrate the hull.

>Red
You will refer to Kircheis by his proper name, not some dumb meme shorthand.

To be fair, I didn't know the spelling and was too lazy to check. Apologies user.

spoiler that shit man.

dude, it's been out for 20 fucking years

>heat dissipates by atmosphere pulling thermals off the object
>no thermals in space, weapons heat up and disintegrate and bleeds the thermals onto the other parts (hands)

>The only place Zephyr can't be used is on planets
Since when and why? I thought I remembered the Rosenritter using Zephyr particles to defensively hold a staircase when breaking Yang out of prison, and that was definitely on Heinessen's surface.

I didn't realise this was a no-spoiler thread, usually if an anime has been out for a few years it's past its spoiler-free expiration date. LoGH is older than a few years.

Thanks for understanding user. I only started watching it today. I've had it in my backlog for months but only had time to watch it now. I've been enjoying it so far. It's good.

Kircheis kills Julian in season 6.

I know you're joking since he's dead. The dead can't kill.

Why were the Rosenritters such overpowered Mary Sues?

>you only started watching it today
>Julian is already dead
How did you get through 128 episodes so fast?

In that instance they use it as a thermobaric weapon. Thermobaric weapons are good for clearing buildings/bunkers and are the modern replacement to a flamethrower.

No. I was referring to Kircheis' death.

>Didn't they mention at some point about gas that was used in spaceships that would cause localized explosions if laser or gunpowder weapons were used?

There was a great set of side story episodes with Kircheis and Reinhardt using directional Zephyr particles. This set of episodes is not in the main series but one of those side story releases.