youtube.com/watch?v=SEaEAzsaQXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Too much muscle
Not enough oxygen

It's time for Ippo to get back to the basics

At least he lost and not used the power of O3

JUST TEAR ME APART

Did he do anything wrong?

brutal chapter, that took some balls on the part of the author. Fucking feels man

I just feel numb. My greatest inspiration just died in front of me.

Ashita no Joe did it better nuff said.

This was the worst build up ever. Its like watching the Rocky montage and seeing him lose at the end...oh wait.

I wont be bother reading the manga anymore I think. I am not against failing when trying to come back. But in manga format, where pacing and release schedcule is insanely slow, no thank you. Write a book instead....

Is this the end of manga? It can't go on without the main character surely.

Time for based Takamura to FINALLY become the main character

Ah, I see, we have finally become... Owari no Ippo.

Have you guys stopped and thought about the fact that this work, Hajime no ippo, is literally Morikawa's life work? Shit has been going for like, almost 40 years, most of Morikawa's life has been wasted drawing Ippo.

I just can't believe it... I know this is going to sound like a lot of bullshit but I remember when my girlfriend broke up with me the day before the chapter 1000 was released... that chapter cover with Ippo with his fist against the tree help me a lot... shit, what is going to happen now? I really like Sendo and Takamura but I just don't think this can continue.

This shit pisses me off so much, what the fuck was the point of the last 2+ years?!? Literally zero development for Ippo at all, I honestly don't get what happened to Morikawa. This is fucking awful, people have spent decades reading this shit and this is what they get. Absolute punch in the face to every HnI fan and it's a disgrace.

take your drugs adhd fag

>Absolute punch in the face

Now you know what it's like to be a boxer, it was his plan from the beginning.

*Sendo
ftfy

even reddit hates it

THE WEIGHT OF MY PRIDE

DO I REALLY NEED THAT

>He'll never run with the guys again
>We'll never see The Comeback Kid take the world
>He'll be a fisherman like his father and raise a family with Kumi, never telling his child about what he accomplished
Where does it go from here bros?

>mfw Alf knew Ippo's plotarmor and bullshit asspulls could take down Martinez so he decided to personally give Ippo braindamage and end the manga

So if the Flip got Ippos' ranking and Sendo is going after Alf, will Sendo fight the Flip for the #1 contender spot and avenge Ippo?

No

go back there

This hurts more than any break up I've had. This was once my fav manga and the author decides to give the main character brain damage because he is fucking lazy.

No one put a gun to his head telling him to keep it going at a glacial pace.

>He'll be a fisherman like his father
Can he even do that? Wouldn't he be a danger in charge of a boat?

OUT OF OXYGEN

F

Who did he lose against?

wtf is itagaki really that tall

>waaah muh epic shonen where the MC always win
>waaah I hate realism
Not every ending must be happy or with the MC losing like a hero. What happened to Ippo is very common in the boxing world. Great boxer gets serious and permanent damage after a match, he can't even beat a little shit anymore and is forced to retire.
This is more believable than dying in the ring or beating Ricardo with a 4D dempsey roll.

>1989 was 40 years ago
Fuck,time really flies.

A flip no namer introduced purely to end Ippo's career. George is a fucking hack.

The problem is if Morikawa wanted this he could have and should have done it a long ass time ago instead of drawing out 3 years of buildup to nothing. We could have moved on to the other plot threads already.

sad ending in sports manga isn't something new or clever

>Author has been building up to Ippo being crippled for the entire run of the series
>The first time it's foreshadowed is literally in the very first volume
>It's repeatedly brought back up over the course of the next thousand chapters
>The coaches of practically every major opponent spend several pages each warning Kamogawa and the reader what's going to happen

>Speedreaders still get mad when the author actually has the balls to follow through with it rather than doing some cop-out asspull to make the main character invincible

>1000 chapters of ignoring the laws of physics
>suddenly claim to be realistic
Gee, I wonder why someone ould be upset at the sudden tonal shift.

And I don't mind a series having an unhappy ending, but ending it here will leave a dozen of built up plot threads unfinished and screams of backstage shenanigans pulling the plug rather than reaching a natural conclusion.

ippo still has the damage of a super heavyweight in a flyweight frame. None of that has changed. We knew people were susceptible to life changing damage from boxing from the beginning. Look at Dankichi, Kamogawa, and Anderson.

Or look at all of ippo's opponents. Ippo has been ramming his head against punches for 10 years.

A random nobody? lmao

;_;

Takamura is going to suffer a similar fate, so better be prepared.

>The coaches of practically every major opponent spend several pages each warning Kamogawa and the reader what's going to happen
Please, hyperbolize more. There's that one guy from those two pages that have been posted in every recent thread, who wasn't even talking about Ippo and whom you were supposed to think was a smug asshole. And then there's Woli's trainer (which wasn't "several pages"). This is clearly something Morikawa started building up some hundreds of chapters ago, not from the start.

And even if you were right and that they did warn him several times, that's still no excuse, it only makes it worse. If it's being brought up, what the readers would expect is for the heroes to fix the issue, not to keep acting like functional retards. The fact that even the other character in-universe can notice doesn't make it better writing, it makes it more blatantly stupid.

So what happens in the chapter that was just released in moon? Is Ippo making good on his promise to retire?

Yes, a young national champion whose only backstory is that he's of course poor as fuck and fighting to feed his family.

You're forgetting Dankichi, Nekota, Miguel Zael, Date, and even the American from Kamogawa's flashback arc. All of them commented in self destructive boxing.

The first foreshadowing of Ippo being forced into retirement is in chapter 11 when Fujii comments that the fight between Miyata may be a once in a lifetime event that you'll never see in the pro ring.
Your failure here is you're seeing Kamogawa as the hero when he isn't. Morikawa is involved in a real boxing gym (Yagi is basically his self insert), Kamogawa is representative of a very real orthodoxy in Japanese combat sports that has lead to many real fighters being forced into retirement

And he'll probably also have brain damage from this fight.

In the raws Takamura's not pissed, he's fucking sad because he knows he's probably even worse than Ippo, and the gym and Kamogawa's expectations are fucking done for.

you're a retard.

Stop pretending like this was always planned

All those instances were clearly there to build in-the-moment drama and nothing else.

I bet you think George aborting the ' Takamura has a fucked up eye' plot was ~ebin foreshadowing~ to this too, and not just him deciding it was a shit idea and sweeping it under the rug

>The fighter Takamura was based on was forced to retire after his 25th fight due to a detached retina
>Takamura is going into his 25th fight with a bunch of shit pointing to a problem with one of his eyes

You have to be a total brainlet to think that's just some spur of the moment thing.

Nice ad hominen, but not an argument.

It was fucking bullshit.
All this build up on Ippo having brain damage so this random "oh i remember i have brain damage and now I lost without ever doing the new dempsey roll" is so shitty.
Let Ippo win this match against this random dude and then retire immediately because he knows he can no longer fight world rankers.
That is more of the tone of the manga.
The only thing that could be worse is now Ippo continues boxing but becomes a super intelligent outboxer with a glass jaw.

You niggas seriously read a thousand chapters of this shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=SEaEAzsaQXU

He said he'd retire if he lost again, so...
Good game, manga over?

>Kid i swear to god i'll throw in the towel, kid don't make me do it

I don't think so. Ippo isn't the only protagonist

Honestly I hate the second sometimes.

after this mess, it should be over anyway

Most people here probably don't read/watch anything aside shonen and capeshit. It's normal for them to be butthurt when they don't get a Hollywood tier epic ending.

Don't do this shit to me

How come Ippo didn't try to breath harder?

Takamura won't lose ever
Aoki and Kimura have been so neglected since Itagaki showed up that they might aswell be killed off
Why does Itagaki even exist

The story would be better off following Sendo's path to the world stage than anyone in Kamogawa gym

You guys do this with every manga.

Relax. This isn't ending.

Ippo doesn't have brain damage. He took a fight too early (5 months after getting hammered) and spent half of that time in an altered state of motion (heavy weights that make his body feel different).

He still had previous damage from the Alamo and wasn't used to his newly developed muscles.

Besides, George confirmed the manga is going to continue. And, spoiler alert. It was said that Ippo's true style was akin to being faster than his opponents and not getting hit in the first place, Dani

>Most people here probably don't read/watch anything aside shonen
Now guess what Hajime no Ippo is.

how are you still in denial when Ippo isn't.

Ippo promised Kumi he would retire if he lost one more time. Ride's over guys.

>Ippo doesn't have brain damage

His internal monologue in the recent chapter makes it very clear that he does actually have brain damage.

Because it's always a red herring.

He was cleared by medical professionals. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with dementia pugilistica. Reliable narration from the first person view is never a thing unless it's the character looking back from years later.

Kimura promised back in chapter 270 something he would quit as well. Date promised he would quit the first time, too.

Chad hominem is the best argument.

I honestly love how fucking confused Guevarra is. Ippo acted like such a goddamn clown in this fight it's unbelievable that anyone still takes this manga seriously.

>Chad Hominem
vs
>The Virgin Discussion

The best part is that's literally the same punch Miyata knocked him the fuck out with in their first spar after Ippo whiffed the upper.

>ignoring the laws of physics
when? You do realize all that shit is just exaggerated style to make a point. The story of the boxers in HnI have always been grounded in reality.

I was going to post that page but didn't.

All of the homages and people really dont think this is the end of the road for ippo.

There is no miracle.
This was 1998 not 2018. Do you know how they tested for brain damage in boxers? It was all self-reported. Ippo didn't go get a CT scan. They made him draw a straight line.

Well, you watched hundred episodes of your shit too

If that was the case then there would have been better ways to handle this fight.
Coach could have thrown the towel and Ippo came clean about his issues and they find out that all his symptoms are from something else.
OR he wins the match and comes clean and the same thing happens.
Having Ippo state that he clearly doesn't remember things from the current match and having him lose to someone who is supposed to be a worse Take Keiichi and then ass pull Ippo back into world title fights is just bad writing which isn't impossible.

You know what Ippo needs? A visit from Truck-kun.

>this forbidden technique/move/asspull/whatever will shorten my life expectancy
Literary nothing lol, nothing ever happens, shit shonen writing.
>it actually happens
F-fucking hack!

he already got that though. This is why we are where we are

Ok this actually made me sad. The fact that Ippo said sorry that he might even not continue anymore.

But also funny that he showed him the results of the coach's training.

Ippo won't come back.
>who is Takamura
>who is Volg
>who is Sendou
>who is Mashiba
>who is Miyata

This. There's plently of MCs to work with. Ippo can rest in peace

why did George gave up on Ippo?

is he tired of the character or the manga as a whole?

Because the publishers can't stand it now.

This could have worked if it was signaled (not forshadowed) better in ippos earlier comeback fights like with OPBF. He could have been going down randomly and tanking his randomly, dominating like he did karasawa and then getting blown up by gimmicks.

Can we have Ippo shopped in paying respect to Truck-kun?

Breaking his promise to Kumi could be his way of stepping over that line.

I think breaking a promise you made to someone you love to keep on fighting, brain damage be damned, is one hell of a way for Ippo to cross that line.

You can't have a character's internal monologue literally talk about how they have memory loss problems and have that be a red herring.

But that's how all boxers are here in the Philippines.

Hell, it's infamous for having poor kids start early in hopes to make it big like Pacquiao, but on the flip side results in a ton of pro-boxers

topkek

It just feels like a waste because everything was getting so hot. You can add muh realism when hes in his 30s and on the decline like most hreat boxers and it would have the same effect, but doing now feels too early.

>most powerful race in the world
>that's also a southpaw
Ippo had no chance.

masaka

Hi, I'm the new MC