Blend S

How would you sub this part and not fuck up the jokes like CR did?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1148468/f760c845b8/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"I am a girl (male)"

There is no joke. Plenty of girls use boku.

"Aw shit! You'll let a cute homie like me wear one of your balling ass outfits? Thanks niggas, I appreciate it!"

this

There's no way to translate this so it's both concise and well-flowing and true to the original script.
Either you have a longass translator note on japanese pronouns that ruins the joke or you replace the joke with an entirely different one.

Or you just don't translate the joke at all and rely on your audience to be weeb enough to understand it anyways, which probably works with anime at least but isn't generally a good idea in translation.

Color code "I" in blue. Anyone who isn't a raging newfag would get the joke, and I don't care about anyone else.

>Really? boku gets to wear the café's uniform even though boku is a boy?
>TL note: boku is no pico

>Translator's Note:
>Hideri said this line while using masculine pronouns, such as boku. This is a dead giveaway that he is either a boy in drag, or a tomboyish girl. Considering Dino's reactions and lack of lewd intent, it's clear that Hideri is male. There's a penis under that skirt.

I (manly)

underrated response

Best attempt off the top of my head:
"Wow, you mean your waiters get to wear skirts as well?"

exhentai.org/g/1148468/f760c845b8/

And I suppose the next line here would be
"A waiter?!"
That's worse than what CR decided to go with.

Just put a note and save yourself the trouble

"I get to wear a girl's uniform?"
There's no reason a girl would say that & we're all familiar with trap culture in Japan. I assume the other characters made a shocking reaction when he said that which would make the comment that much more bizarre, never even seen this shit.

How about having the TL note be brief like "masculine pronoun". Easy for either side to understand the joke without outright explaining it, and not too lengthy to be pain in the ass to read.

>some normalfag now thinks boku means boy
So much for learning japanese from anime.

The problem there was the follow up scene whete everyone seems to ignore his "boy".

Really, if they wanted to go with it, they should just go with
>even though I'm boyish?
>oh, she's a tomboy [rest of the dialogue]

Only way

They could have left boku as it is during to highlight it's out of place usage, and typeset a TL note below 僕. In that way, there is no need to pointless change the dialogue, and the joke gets across seamlessly. One can argue it's not "professional", but in this context where it's specifically and singularly mentioned, I'd argue otherwise for the above reasons.

God this character looks terrible
How can you fuck up a design this badly

It's almost like fan translators do it better than hs/cr.

Really? This lad gets to wear the cafe's uniform?
or
Really? A lad like me gets to wear the cafe's uniform?

He doesn't say boy or man or lad or anything. The reveal that he's a boy is like 10 minutes later in the show.

To be fair boku can also mean boy/brat, and the kanji literally means manservant. Which is why it got popular as a male pronoun to begin with. It's just that these days it means "I" 90% of the time.

The kanji only means manservant to chinks, and no one actually reads it as しもべ in Japan.

The real question is, would you this boy?

Nintendo please go

Better question: regardless of how much you expect the average watcher to know Japanese, how would you deal with this part of the scene in particular?

that haircut is an abomination

Absolutely not, I would never fuck a wingman bro.

>I (boku) get to wear the cafe's uniform?

>Boku!?
And on top:
>(Kanji: Boku, masculine first-person pronoun)

Posting some scanned pages from the Souvenir anthology book I got today. Mostly the fanart.

Please don't bully the traps.

Best one.

arigatou, spyro

Last one.

Delicious.

Kaho is so fat.

A few official ones before I hit the sack.

Maikabutt

I want to rub my hands all over Mafuyu's gentle slopes

Ma-ma-maika-sensei!

How does it feel to bein gattracted to Mafuyu in an anti lolicon series? I have to understand this.

And Mafuyubutt.

'Do guys really get to wear your uniform?'

A literal shipping section.

As a non gender binary meidoboyqueerkin I can hardly believe the patriarchy allows me to wear such a feminine outfit

And that's it for tonight.

Funi stop

Who is this Itou and why does he not look like a dog?

Like this.

I must say I recall to whom that member belongs as I have seen its likeness before.

MASAKA

Miu X Hideri

Someone is gonna get creampied.

>gaymore girl and the d/u/de
A match made in heaven. Garbage people are meant to the together.

>I can wear this? It's just like boku no pico!
>Boku...!?
There. Not bad right?

FacelessmanxMafuyu

Damn

It's not (just) about "it" being a trap (Which is already gay as fuck), but that face...What the fuck is up with this face?
White hair is great, but combined with the huge forehead, the weird facial shape and that fucked up mouth, that thing looks like the make-a-Wish-Foundation lets a terminally ill child fulfill its dream of being a trap in a Diner.
The hair looks like a wig he wears to cover his bald chemotherapy head.
The character designer was probably smoking crack when making this.

>first three couples have the X of love
>Miu and Hideri just get a platonic &
Uh-oh

Two girls can't love each other so yeah

HER NAME IS KAHO

Is Mafuyu nopan in this picture?

Idols must be pure

I needed this

SHE IS AHO

I SAID OH NO

I appreciate that he's actually slipping between his normal male voice and obviously forced girl voice, and isn't just "OH ITS JUST A SUPER FEMININE BOY."

this is the only answer

"If you know Japanese you should know what this means."

Through the Dark Lord, Amen.

Is this by Hisasi?

>starts sentence with "Boku"
>translate it to: "even though I am a boy?"

It literally says who the illustrator is right there.

I'm an idiot.

indeed

It's ok because Mafuyu is a university student so it's allowed. And she has the best butt.

> I(male) can wear ...
>Ya'boy can wear this cute shit muh nigga??
>I can wear this? Nohomo
>I can wear this :thinking:
>If I wear this then i wont be gay right?

>140 clicks total
>still haven't managed to wake him up once
This shitty brat just keeps looking at me smugly and won't sleep even if I stay there waiting.

Not in the anime where we don't see her butt alone.

That's ok. I prefer it if the show isn't overly lewd and then everything else is. I still want to see Mafuyu in cute outfits but generally the manga should follow a story rather than give me fap material.