Phantom World

Why do people shit on this series when it's easily better written than 95% of KyoAni's works, while having their top notch animation?

The directing is much more thoughtful/unique compared to their usual as well, and the character designs are very distinct and gorgeous compared to their usual sameface/samebody crap.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jPlay7B9AFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But no one shits on it. We all know that PW it the one of their greatest work, on the same level of popularity as Haruhi or Key works, maybe even more.

Why do you keep making this thread? Are you just trying to make everyone hate Phantom World?

Lack of character development
Useless characters like Kurumi
Poor pacing
Weak storyline
Weak ending

Go fuck yourself

It's basically a cowtits-centered ecchi with beautiful animation.

and that's all it needs to be a masterpiece

Because it sexualises young girls and this triggers Anitwitter.

It's sad because you're right but Sup Forums will never admit it.

I don't think it's better written than 95% of KyoAni works. However I do think this show received a lot of undeserved criticism.
It had characters, wich is something most harem shows can't brag about, it had the usual top-tier Kyoani animation and the direction was really good. In terms of visuals it was much more creative than most shows in the same genre.
But people have that weird perception of Kyoani, where if they do a more "normal" show then the show is suddenly garbage even though it's usually at least good.
Kyoani is stuck between Kyoanifags (worst offenders are mainly outside of Sup Forums), shitposters, and people who have waaaay too much expectation out of anime studios.

Kind of remind me of Trigger's Inou Battle. It was decent and fun enough by itself, but since it was made by Trigger it suddenly became hot garbage because everyone expected them to be GAINAX's second coming.
Funniest part is that GAINAX made a lot of normal ass shows like Mahoromatic.

Because it's all anime original.

I enjoyed this more than KnK.

False. It's mostly faithful to the novel it's adapting.

Ruru is original, there's a lot of filler and the only similarities between Enigma in the anime versus the novels is the name.

It's not the worst show ever but it's still shit.

>someone came up with this ugly chara-design
How is this allowed?

KnK takes itself super serious 90% of the time even though it's unintentionally funny. PW is basically an episodic anime Ghostbusters with lewd here and there, really great visuals and extremely good storyboarding. Quite creative monster of the week/scenario as well. It's great fun and absolutely underrated but as user already said, the majority of the people are following the "It's a KyoAni show scheme".

What was good about the storyboarding again?

That is the worst opinion I've ever heard.

I wish, but after episode 1 the ecchi dried the fuck out. Episode 1 was god tier, it grabbed everyone's attention, we had threads everywhere, every artist did their take on the limbo scene, it was awesome.

After that, it was just fucking boring. Literally nothing exiting happened until the very end, and even then it was nowhere near the first episode.

>pink to blonde gradient hair
whoever thought up this idea should be given a medal

Not enough ecchi.

>ugly

>someone can be this much of a faggot
How is this allowed?

>PW is basically an episodic anime Ghostbusters
ah yes it's basically what everyone wanted bleach to be but people still complain

>sameface/samebody crap
But this is sameface/samebody crap, user

>samebody
Nope.
All the main girls have their own body types.

>it's easily better written than 95% of KyoAni's works
Like that's a fucking high hurdle to clear

The episode with shota MC and mom Mai is pure kino

The premise is so batshit, that's the only thing I don't like about it. I can't get over how stupid it is

mommy mai is pure kino

To be fair, it's shit.

The only thing that I liked was phantom bus-san. -salutes-

only if you're gay

this
what a horrendous design

Because KyoAni attracted an unnecessarily large following of fujoshits/landwhales who complain about not being pandered to.

How in the hell is it even remotely like bleach? Literally the only thing they have in common is a"supernatural" setting

The animation is beautiful and the girls are cute. But like with most harem anime, it tanked because bland self insert MCs are shit.

Also, it should be considered that it's not shit.

>Why do people shit on this series
>high school battle harem LN adaptation
These magical words are all you need to know. Don't get me wrong, I liked the series (Koito a best), but high school battle harem LN adaptations are literally viewed as bottom-of-the-barrel.

They are both shit.

I am Koito.

>it tanked because bland self insert MCs are shit
Except for the part where anime with non-bland self-insert MCs generally do even worse.

It was too good for today's KyoAni audience which mostly consists of fags and fujoshits.

The hot springs monkey episode was pretty damn ecchi.

> even worse
That's because they can't compete against the already established super kings like Ash, Naruto or wanpiss.

is just one guy. the show is pretty good.

You can dislike PW without being a fujo, Jesus Christ. Most people recognize that the studio peaked with K-On!!, the perfect television anime, and has since declined.

They don't compete with those.

The point is: the target audience of harem anime watches them in order to get an impression of what it would be like if they had a harem. If the protagonist is someone who is completely unlike them, it wouldn't deliver that experience, so they wouldn't bother buying anime like that.

>the perfect television anime
kill yourself

It was terrible.

Nobody would care if it was made by any other studio. there are still threads just because it is a kyoani's work.

>since declined
Not with Nichijou and Hyouka coming right after.

Though they've been pretty bumpy TV-wise after Hyouka.

No, you can't, because PW is at worst mediocre. There are a million worse anime out there, and KyoAni themselves have made some of them.

There's 7 different fucking colors randomly vomited all over her. It's a mess and it looks awful and anyone who likes it may as well wear a giant "I have no artistic sense or taste and will just eat up anything with big tits" sign on them at all times.

That user referred to it as anime ghostbusters which was basically what people used to refer to bleach as before it went full battle shounen.

Hyouka was utter garbage. One of the worst shows I've ever watched. Nichijou was good though.

shut up gay boy

I think it's more that you're a tasteless degenerate. Mai's design is perfect.

>m-muh artistic integrity
off yourself along with that K-on fag

>since declined
>Hyouka
>Amaburi
>Hibike
>Koe no Katachi
Shit taste detected.

First off, Harem is shit. No exceptions. Secondly, MC retained a cool and collected relationship with all his girls. That isn't lewd enough for haremshit.

The characters are supposed to be colorful though the rest of the characters manage it without looking tacky like Mai.

People shit on it because it's fucking awful, even for Kyoani standards.

>I have no taste and will eat up anything with big tits

Degenerates like yourself will be shipped to Auschwitz-Birkenau on the day of the rope.

welcome to mai's fanbase

>Though they've been pretty bumpy TV-wise after Hyouka
I dunno what exactly you mean by "bumpy," but they've been fine in terms of production values. Chuunibyou, Tamako Market, ABP and PW were all rife with examples of classic KyoAni pizazz.

>Hyouka
Shit.

>Amaburi
Easily one of the worst pieces of shit they ever made.

>Hibike
Mediocre.

If you're going to pick a shit formula, at least shit it right. MC screwed up because the relationship with his harem was the gay boyfriend(girlfriend)

I wouldn't call a mustard colored sweater vest particularly tacky

Mai is liked for things other than her breasts. Anyone who watched episode 11 would agree she has a likable oneesan personality.

Then you don't know what tacky means.

It's supposed tp be something that tries hard to grab peoples attention but why would anyone be pay attention to an ugly vest?

>pay
paying

>ugly things don't draw attention

Her sweater vest is stated to be unfashionable. There is nothing wrong with her design otherwise. It's even worse to be unable to look past a sweater vest.

Literally 2deep4em

It's not better than anything else KyoAni, because all that they make is garbage. Unappealing slice of life and garbage virgin pandering.

So same shit as anyone else?

Sure, hibikek was better right tripfag?

I thought Phantom Warodu was a solid 6.

>168cm
Why are even the tallest anime girls so tiny?

Am I the only one who finds her sweater vest appealing? it's ugly sure but there's just something about it...
Might be one of those cases of it being so ugly it's actually kinda cute.

This wasnt even a harem, the girls didnt like the dude romantically
Could have been watchable if they did though

This is not the Maid Dragon thread buddy.

Haruhiko is for Mai only

excuse me but what anime is this?

Worth watching just for this episode

Here
youtube.com/watch?v=jPlay7B9AFQ

Looks like he is enjoying himself.

>the girls didn't even like the dude romantically
What're you on about? Every girl except the loli had at least some degree of romantic interest. Mai was the main girl, but the LNs had Haruhiko shipped with Reina a lot.

Mai and Koito have some romantic feelings but overall they see him as family. Only Reina has mostly romantic feelings towards him.
The climax of volume 3 made this pretty explicit.

They have working brains, user

This is very true.

Still liked truck-san alot.

What an annoying voice, couldn't get past 30 seconds.

well it is his sex fantasy

>what's the point
So you can only enjoy Phantom World if you have seen more than 100 anime, this solves the mystery, only newfags/normalfags hate the series, this explains a lot.

He's seen 900+, maybe it's just shit to anyone with a brain