Kotomine Kirei

Why is he more relatable than the MC in Fate/Zero and Stay Night?

Because people relate to getting manipulated by Gilgamesh?

Probably because he's just a "cool" and "realistic" variation on Shirou Emiya. They even discuss this in the novel, that they are comparative foils--each being empty in their own ways. The difference is just that Kotomine has a harsh and unsatisfying life, he has to work for everything, whereas Shirou has an enviable one.

For any loser who sits around and watches anime, a lifetime of suffering resulting in antagonistic qualities is going to be a mirror of the viewer's own angst and malice towards normal people. We can admire characters like Shirou for being better than us despite their problems, but we'll always feel closer to people like Kotomine because their way is easier.

You think fucking Kirei is relatable? He's interesting for sure but not relatable.

Because your a psychopath. Please seek profanation help

You don't know, maybe the OP is a small town preacher or an edgy theology student.

Personally, the most relatable characters in Zero are Ryuunosuke, Kariya, and Byakuya.

The most relatable in Stay Night are Shirou, Sakura, Shinji, and Zouken.

Kotomine is cool, but probably not relatable. Nobody has the experience of being indoctrinated into thinking that all joy was a sin, as so few people are religious extremists and fewer still have sadistic personality disorders.

Childhood is idolizing Kirei. Adulthood is realizing he was right

He's alienated from society and just being a normal person isn't enough to bring him real happiness.
That's why I think he's relatable.

What about the part where the reason he can't be happy in normal society is because the only pleasure in his life is causing suffering for others?

Where do you think you are?

And that the only reason that this is a problem in any way is because he firmly believes in his religion, which directly contradicts the possibility of such an existence.

>Nobody has the experience of being indoctrinated into thinking that all joy was a sin, as so few people are religious extremists and fewer still have sadistic personality disorders.
Wrong. Kirie was raised normally. It's just that his version of joy is causing misery to everyone.

Because just like Kirei. I love to bait people and licking the tears of salty shippers who picked the wrong girl to win. Just because truly was a wonderful thread.

The only reason he turned to religion is because he thought I'd turn him into normal person. It didn't work.

Baiting is nice, but I personally prefer to fully support them and provide them with bullshit convoluted arguments as to why their girl will win, so as to move them from hope into rock solid conviction before their ships sink.

>Sup Forums is filled with normal mentally healthy people
Lol.

Indeed. Brining their hopes up only for them to fall so deeply into despair once their ships sink is the pinnacle of suffering. Truly Kotomine is /ourguy/.

>Kotomine
>relatable

F/Z babies really are brainletts.

>The difference is just that Kotomine has a harsh and unsatisfying life, he has to work for everything, whereas Shirou has an enviable one

Its the opposite you stupid fuck. Kotomine is a broken person but his life wasnt difficult. It was pretty confusing and dull but he had a good upbringing, a wife who loved him, a father who loved him and a job that he was suited to.

Shirou is the one with the terrible life.

Wrong. Read it again.

>Zero babies

>Sakura, Shinji, and Zouken.
>relatable

Shinji maybe but the other two are laughable.

His internal struggle is more engaging. He's a better written as a character. I wouldn't call it 'relatable' though.

He isnt any better written than anyone else in the series. Oh wait

>tripfag
>retarded opinion

I should have known.

>Ryuunosuke
I like your edge.

I didn't say he was raised abnormally. It's just a fact that morality is a spook, and because of his religious background he was indoctrinated into thinking that joy itself was sinful.

>Cannot fit in with normal people
>Works extremely hard to master a variety of things due to no innate talent in anything beyond healing, and still finds no happiness in it
>Cripple wife who doesn't understand you
>Murdered
>Resurrected as an inhuman abomination

vs.

>Suffering occured before he was even actually born as Shirou Emiya
>Wonderful life for ten years
>Never suffers from his work because he never desires to do anything but work
>Indomitable will that allows him to become a super hero
Shirou is fucking heroic and amazing. He's the ideal of what I want my life to be. It's easy to be like Kotomine.

>Wrong. Kirie was raised normally.
you're absolutely right

being a prodigy child in the Church's executioner branch and slaying dead apostles is totally normal for a child growing up. I mean, who WASN'T trained in Bājíquán as a kid? I'm sure you've even got your very first set of black keys still, just like me

I think he's pretty relatable. He has a sunny disposition, but is easily bored with the mundane in life. He has little desire for academic or career achievement, generally standing as a failure in his part time slouching. I only wish I had the courage to cure myself as he does--because I otherwise empathize with his condition.

Kirei merely projected his own self onto his religion. He got pleasure from hurting people. Hurting people is a sin, therefore pleasure must be a sin. Pretty straight forward.

Yep, exactly as I explained. Nobody has this experience, as so few people have a sadistic problem as severe as Kirei, and fewer are devout Christians.

You don't have to identify as a character to enjoy them. I enjoy John McClane but I don't run around blowing up office buildings and planes full of terrorists. Kirei's act is enjoyable from a villain's point of view, but his character development is very high IQ and many people would miss it.

Nobody said you can't enjoy Kotomine, it's just a fact his character design is otherwordly. Just like nobody can earnestly identify with Shirou without his background.

You forgot the rape dungeon part.

Rape dungeon? I think if Ryuunosuke ever had sex, is was in the cut plots about his pursuits to attract women into trusting him so that he could kill them. I almost murdered my ex, but she left immediately and blocked me out of her life when I started to become violent with her.

What the fuck user

I also find him relatable in that aspect, I also don't tend to find fun what most people find fun. However I'm still pretty distant from only getting pleasure from others' suffering.