Will the USA ever adopt metric units...

Will the USA ever adopt metric units? They are more logical and offer greater compatability with various units of measure.

Attached: 7pLaw15.png (1097x1029, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

meatspin.fr
articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/01/news/mn-17288
youtube.com/watch?v=PvceKeHl0Sg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexagesimal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No because I’m pretty sure all of us must be pretty retarded to have ever thought units of 12 were a good idea.

ameriMUTTs are far too low-IQ to handle the superior EVROPEAN system

some people use metric, other people put a man on the moon

Attached: 15326256883421.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

So Fahrenheit is superior to Celsius for saying what the temperature is outside...

0F - Cold ass fucking day

100F - Hot ass fucking day

LIkely not for a long time. Metric is used is manufacturing and science but not often on everyday use. I use meters instead of yards and people demand I speak to them in imperial measures.

Fahrenheit 32 is freezing temp
Celsius 0 is freezing
Celsius 100 is boiling temp
Which seems easier ?

Attached: 1qEA8Ps.jpg (926x875, 161K)

millifoot
kilopound
i just saved the american system

>using water as a system of measurement
shameful

Attached: 14967656883421.jpg (1920x1080, 703K)

Using just because as system of measurement
Retarded.

Yes, they will. Even as an engineer it confounds me that there are people out there who enjoy working with slugs, 32.2ft/s^2, and weird densities like 62lb/ft^3 of water.

Found this for Celsiusfags to know what temperature is

"Zero is freezing. 10 is not. 20 is warm. and 30 is hot!"

Great I have a window of 30 degrees to describe the weather

came here to post it

Attached: 1454278334512.jpg (757x798, 133K)

They're not going to. And thanks to dominating popular culture, I think the imperial system will supplant the metric system soon enough. I mean, all of us know our heights and dick sizes in imperial, but the Americans don't know theirs in metric.

Needing more then 30 degrees to tell the weather. This is why Americans are so retarded compared to other countries.

its based on the body that was standardized

inch = width of thumb
foot = you foot
fathom = height of man
mile = 1000 paces
etc

Attached: 14326256883421.jpg (338x413, 16K)

Americans hate logic. I mean they voted for Trump.

>tfw your dick measures to exactly 7 inches because inches is standardized based off the body

Eurofags will never know this feeling

Again random system of measurement
Retarded.

Greatest country on Earth = imperial

(((Europe))) = metric

We're good

It's a matter of convincing a very large population to switch from a system they have ingrained to a newer system. Attempts have been made, but there's a ton of shit that would need to change at once (street signs etc.)

NASA uses metric..

Still waiting for the Brits to adopt the metric system.
Using the imperial pound to measure money instead of the metric hectopenny.

>Hurr let me give you the temperature to 2 decimal places because our (((superior))) system has such a small window for Earth's climate
>muh scaling

its based of real things, metrics is made up nonsense

they didnt when they landed on the moon, or when they landed a rover no mars. Fun fact: when the euro space agency used nasa's numbers converted to metrics to send their rover, they missed mars by miles cause they forgot to account for rounding errors.

The ancient builders of the great monuments of our world, did not work in metric, they used inches, feet and miles.

Attached: Devolution.jpg (733x553, 124K)

>first on the moon with US system
>meanwhile eurocucks pay for gas by the liter

keep your goyim system, plebs

Funny because we have to learn both systems. Also Eurotards system is easier to use so you can import more mohammads

The kilogram
"Oh look, a horse, I wonder how many thousand matchbooks that weighs"

Americans create everything.
The rest of the world thinks we should be more like them.
Did you ever consider that maybe your logic sucks and the real world doesn't fit into perfect little boxes?

Fuck you. Judging distance of targets by yards is vastly superior than meters.

Attached: metric.png (543x4640, 2.17M)

Nice exagerration, lackwit.
"Oh look a horse, I wonder how many hundreds of platinum-iridium-block-kept-in-france that weighs"

idiot cunt, get shot

Base tens are apparently made up and have no application in the real world. Retard

no they won't. they are stubborn and self centered. they prefer to be incompetent and backwards than to accept the french were right.

base tens are made up by arabs, we could have just as easily used a base 12 or base 8 (actually base 8 is thought to be better for quantum physics)

Reminder Germans would have been first if the entire world hadn't gone to war against them.

"B-but muh ten fingers and toes!"

“Actually base 8 are better for quantum physics” says the guy on Sup Forums. Base 10s are made up by Arabs, by that logic we shouldn’t use algebra or anything else that has any connotation to the Middle East.

then they shouldnt have started shit

:^)

says science people meatspin.fr

12 is great, though. You can cut it in half, and get a whole number, THEN CUT THOSE IN HALF, and still not get a decimalized half-number.

Says science people, wow it just so happens that I know some other science people who say base tens work better for physics.

Can’t understand decimal points. Go back to school

We can't even agree on coffee establishments let alone change our measuring methods

As an engineer born, raised and taught in America, I use metric. I would never use the bullshit system with both a pound-mass and pound-force. We need to get over this weird nationlist pride over convoluted measurements.

quantum physic my dude, how many spins did you sit through?

your sjw is showing sweetie

Quantum physics, alright I’ve found some “science people” who agree that base tend work better for quantum physics.

Nigga wut.

no pic no proof

>as a white man born raised and taught in america. I think we are too privileged. I would never...
you get the idea champ

Ancient Sumerian math cuneiform, the oldest known system in existence, displays in Base 60. Fun to work with eh ?
This oldest math, is what built those vast monuments we cannot replicate today with our modern fumbling's.

Attached: 25-GG-from-the-base-showing-benches.png (300x353, 92K)

You showed no proof. I’m just giving you the same treatment.

Cunt 10 in half. 5

Cunt 5 in half. 2.5

thats nice sweetie, then i win :^)

When will the enlightened portion of the world present us with metric time measurements?

What ever you say. Can’t back up your words, you just end up sounding like a retard babbling. You still can’t show me any proof because your claim is false.

Where did I say anything about privilege nigger, my whole argument is that imperial has a terrible naming scheme and being prideful of units of measurement is autistic.
>but my inches and pounds put a man on the moon
No engineers and scientists did

Kilosecond, millisecond have you never used them before ?

you lost, dont reply to my posts anymore, loser

eurocucks tried to use metrics to land a rover on mars and failed

What ever you say. It clearly true if you say so lol

That wasn't metric's fault just shitty lazy engineers in europe, fuckers take breaks more than they work. A unit of measurement doesnt cause failures, its always user error.

the errors came from failing to account for rounding errors in the imperial units we gave them

Proof or false ?

I know they suck at their jobs but yeah where is the proof, that would have been a very expensive and documented error

google it

Typical he has no proof, so his response is do your own reasearch.

articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/01/news/mn-17288

I found it because this dipshit is as lazy as a European. Basically this would have saved everyone if we just conformed to modern day standards, instead of relying on them to convert everything. What a waste of time and money.

The Calendar one is the dumbest of all since months can only go up to 12, days can go up to 31, and years obviously the biggest can go up to 1000's atm. Also obviously are measurement of temperature is best for comfort, Celsius is crap.

The American Standard for measurements are based on the proportions of the human body.
Pi, Phi, the golden ratio and so on. The pyramids were constructed using the same system.

Look it up if you don't believe me

Attached: 1496631266254.png (494x702, 147K)

So comfort > science, you realize its all a relative scale and you could derive comfort from either system.

we use that same logic for having base 10 numbers (10 fingers)

It's normally at this point the thread is moved to /x/. The Fibonacci sequence and mathematical constants are considered esoteric now. The tower of Babel is being built using Metric, the confusion of language progresses apace.
youtube.com/watch?v=PvceKeHl0Sg

Attached: MunckConstants.jpg (1077x653, 39K)

there's nothing wrong with a foot-pound

Please, I hate fractions.

Attached: 971A846C-3224-43F5-83C4-3CF9EBB347CC.jpg (306x306, 31K)

This.

Its just a 0-100 scale. Anything outside that scale, and it can actually be dangerous being outside. Obviously that danger can be mitigated by being prepared, wearing proper clothes, staying hydrated, etc, but you're in a situation where the temperature alone can kill you if you aren't careful.

One other useful point, and why I still prefer Fahrenheit as a leaf, is that while 32 may be the freezing point of water, 0 is actually the freezing point of brine. This is important for driving safety, because brine freezing basically means that salt on the roads no longer works.

Attached: PEPE GRABS.jpg (575x523, 119K)

Surprised to see someone else who gets it.

Humans only gravitate towards base 10 systems because we have 10 fingers. Base 10 is a pretty shit system though. Really only divisible by 5s and 2s.

Now Base 60... there is some galaxy brain shit: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexagesimal

A shame its use fell out of practice. It may be slightly less useful for mundane arithmetic, but it makes higher level math much less cumbersome.

Attached: Young_theodore_kaczynski (1).jpg (640x453, 222K)

Why should i care? I'm not fucking water. Celsius is good for science, Fahrenheit for sensible people.

metric was used to put a man on the moon. Smart people put man on the moon, the rest of country watched tv.

Basically.

Attached: 1520338580952.jpg (284x177, 15K)

this.

metric system is all nice and fun in science, but for personal use, I like the imperial system more. You don't need this silly measurement cups for cooking. Just throw some cups of all ingredients together and heat it up.

kek

How many furlongs per fortnight can it run, tho?