Told to guard the exit from Yang

>Told to guard the exit from Yang
>Given a force much larger than Yang's
>Knows perfectly well Yang's reputation for being super tricky
>Sees that Yang is playing a trick
>Intentionally falls for the trick because he thinks there won't be a second trick
Is this the stupidest man in the galaxy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gx0txqVRLNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MrTJnLjjZTI
youtube.com/watch?v=hpuyNgGHPZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe Yang thought that Bittenfeld wouldn't be stupid enough to walk into a trap

Say what you must, but this guy did the most damage to Yang's fleet in the series. Killing Fischer was the final nail to the coffin.

His enemies never stop underestimating him.

We are talking about Bittenfeld, a admiral whose range of tactics starts and ends with "direct frontal assault".

And yet the author decided that this man still ends up with the most crowning achievements in the whole series. He has the most named kills to his fleet, he takes down Vice Admiral Fischer, he takes down Merkatz, and he cock blocked the Bucock, let alone the fact that later on he also came the closest to killing Yang out of every Imperial character in the series.

All while setting his fleet to cruise control on the intergalactic highway.

And to top it off, the only gingers in LOGH are also just as well off. Poplan is basically the FPA's Bittenfeld except he does it in a X-Wing, Katherine survives until the end and becomes the 3rd best pilot and gets Julian complete without becoming a widow, Dominique manages to have leeched off Rubinsky and his son the whole time and manages to survive the end of the wars no problem whatsoever despite her position being so prominently close to the crazy baldie.

What does that tell you? Even fucking Mittermeyer didn't get such a great end, he still can't get his own kid.

Mittermeyer was just too honest to accomplish anything.

But he got Fahrenheit killed that means he is automatically the worst.

>Even fucking Mittermeyer didn't get such a great end, he still can't get his own kid.
You take that back. Felix is a gud boi

Yang had so much plot armor in these fights. His fleet clashes with other fleets and he barely loses men while he decimates the others.

Bittenfeld was good because he represented a more "modern" style of CO instead of the Old Prussian/Napoleanic CO that the other characters were based off.

The other main characters were all Admirals trying to acheive victory through a big decisive strategically brilliant battle in which they outwit their oppisate number commanding the opposing fleet.

Bittenfeld would win by drilling and discipliing his men so that each captain and crew in his fleet were basically worth two from the FPA. Sure he didn't have much going for him in the way of tactical brilliance, but the way he used his fleet defied conventional tactical wisdom and it worked for him because the would be "counters" to his tactics would fail or be not as effective because of how god damned good he had made his crews.

Instead of a top heavy fleet depending heavily on it's commanders strategic brilliance. He built a fleet that could have and occasionally was commanded by an idiot, but could still win by virtue of excellent training and discipline.

Yes

>Bittenfeld would win by drilling and discipliing his men so that each captain and crew in his fleet were basically worth two from the FPA.
If it was the case why did his fleet almost always suffered bigger losses?

Because he excelled at tactics but had no sense of strategy. Nobody is perfect.

Bittenfeld was usually throwing his fleet in at the densed mass of enemy ships, where any other fleet would have broken. He tied down many times his number of enemy ships while HIS strategically brilliant commander would flank and destroy their fleet.

There's a reason that arguable the 2nd best tactician in existence would use his fleet as the Vanguard in most every battle, even after he made tactical mistakes of his own.

The Black Lancers as a force that Bittenfeld had created were just too damn useful to be sidelined.

>And to top it off, the only gingers in LOGH are also just as well off
Aren't you forgetting someone?

This.

Your point might be correct, but only if Kircheis was alive.

>Legend of the Galactic Basketball Players

Who is voicing Reinhard? I can already hear OnoD's nanodayo coming from him.

That's just proving his point, because Kircheis is still best character even in death.

He wasn't the same shade as the others. He was a redhead, the others were orange. The purity in his hair wasn't enough to let him escape death.

>Who is voicing Reinhard?
Tone Kentarou should. I mean who better to voice Reinhardt, than Reinhardt?

Literally invested all his points into bantz.

it's his strong suit.

mamoru miyano

>muh honor
>muh pride
>muh honor + muh pride are worth more than the lives of muh worthless expendable soldiers
Fuck Bittenfeld.

Oberstein was right.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gx0txqVRLNQ

He's only a tad bit better than Bittenfeld in long term prospects, but his choice is still beyond terrible. It basically undermines the rule of Reinhardt and all but ensures that had this bullshit really been pulled off nobody would have ever truly been loyal but a scant few to the empire. The entire basis of Reinhardt's reign over the old Empire's was that Reinhardt was clean and for the people, yet every move Oberstein pulls undermines this and puts it at risk.

Oberstein basically just wants to get by, he knows nothing about how the people actually think in the long run because he doesn't factor in emotions and shit, which means his calculations aren't even accurate at all. It's no different than when he interrupted the wedding just to inform Reinhardt something even though Reinhardt wouldn't be able to fix it immediately without making Hilda look like a wet rag, and not only that it again undermines the Kaiser's authority and dignity upon which everyone was watching.

The guy isn't right at all, he just picks on retards who happen to all somehow occupy the high ranking seats of the empire, but Bittenfeld's track record is like said above, different than simple failures. He fails the strategic objective all the time but his success rate in taking down important targets and rendering enemy strategies useless is higher than everyone else put together. But Oberstein is a bitter faggot and never bothers to acknowledge that despite touting the horn of objectivity and instead only chooses to out Bittenfeld's failures, which naturally only ruins the relationship between the two and puts him at odds with everyone else as well, all for his passive aggressive pride at being an edgelord.

The concept of Oberstein is a cliche one, but in this case the author isn't smart enough to make Oberstein actually a smart person who is cold and calculating, he's just autistic and socially unaware and thinks everyone should use his own values and view point.

This is really bad. Like no sense of their personalities at all from those promo shots compared to the old.

I'm pretty sure Oberstein is autistic by design.

Bittenfeld may have been stupid or whatever, but his idiocy never had the extreme effect that Kempf's did. Had he just rammed Geiersburg into Iserlohn from the beginning Yang would've lost his hole and the universe would have been firmly and indisputably under Reinhard's control by the end of 798 instead of the faux that continued until the end.

It's physically hurting to look at.

The first half of the show was just filled with braindead jobber admirals. This guy at least tried.

SO good, anyone know if a complete youtube series is still up?

why didn't they get vegeta again

Nah

youtube.com/watch?v=MrTJnLjjZTI

I watched LOGH years ago in college while I studied. I basically missed major plot events. Can someone give me a run down with minimal spoilers of what it's about again?

I remember that the two empire guys hate the old system and reform the empire and yang is an asspull of a leader but hes cool.

>I basically missed major plot events
can you really call that watched?

The Free Systems Alliance (FSA) declared independence from the Galactic Empire 150 years ago, and the civil war is still going. The Empire's nobility is suicidally incompetent, but the FSA's politicians are useless and obsessed with power. Each of the FSA and the Empire have one truly great admiral, Yang Wenli and Reinhard Lohengramm, who become rivals despite knowing each other by name and reputation alone. The series is about Reinhard trying to reform the Empire and conquer the FSA and Yang trying to defend the FSA while giving incredibly long diatribes about the importance of democracy.

He is 16th century cavalry commander in space, user, he doesn't need brilliant tactics, he just needs guts and charisma to make his people follow him into the charge.

Is this fanart?

I think it was Reuenthal who summed Bittenfeld up as seeming like a harmless idiot until he comes charging at you.

>that fucking banana hair instead of his flowing golden locks

I will rape Yang by drugging his asshole with vodka

You forgot the part where he basically got Fahrenheit killed

Fahrenheit deserved to die for having no real loyalty to anyone. Bittenfeld did the universe a favor.

Nah. Consuming alcohol without getting drunk is his second superpower.

damn it

>Bittenfeld was good because he represented a more "modern" style of CO instead of the Old Prussian/Napoleanic CO that the other characters were based off.

m8, m8, he was a fucking Hussar officer. That's like the most Post-Napoleonic thing there is.

I was really upset when I found out this was an edit and not the actual dialogue.

Don't you dare to touch my pure waifu!

I can finally post this!

Loyalty won't feed you.

Some people shit on battle scenes in LOGH but I find them quite charming. They have this Napoleonic like quality to them where formations and maneuvers decide who wins and who loses. The scope of the battles is great too. Thousands of ships destroyed and millions death and that's only for one battle.

That comic is perfect.

I have no idea how the person who made it managed to calculate where the most autistic face oberstein ever makes is.

LoGH is more like post-napoleonic warfare if Jomini had been right about anything and not Clauswitz.

Yeah Bittenfeld cannot be appreciated until he's coming to kill you.

Would Yang have managed to wipe out Reinhard before his waifu bailed him out, if Yang had Bittenfeld under him?

You'd just give him alcohol poisoning since his ass would pass the alcohol into blood stream magically fast.

Loyalty fed Merkatz. Fahrenheit could have followed him.

He couldn't even afford to buy new clothes.

The weirdest thing in the entire series is Merkatz saying he needs to devote his life to finding the true heir to the throne and then doing literally nothing.

He reminds me of a young Caesar, whose early career was essentially:

Step 1: Be outnumbered and outmatched
Step 2: Caesar does something really dumb
Step 4: Victory

That entire subplot basically got forgotten entirely.

I always found it odd that every was just completely okay with him walking around in his Imperial getup. Technically, he was a guest commander and all, but that couldn't have been good for morale.

I got some keks out of the poor sod having starved to death and some random dead kid served as the mad poet's emperor.

The new series should make the deposed heir to Goldenbaum be a cute loli that everyone in the FPA wants to protec. I swear if they do it right it could singlehandedly save the remake.

Well I think Braunschweig was backing his niece or something on the throne so it'd be just a minor character swap.

This is meme now

Not really that stupid to assume tricks aren't that good all the time.

As bad as that might be, the change in the Empire's aesthetic is objectively worse. Fucking TUXEDOS, for God's sake.

Undermining Hilda was the entire point, you fucking cockwaffle.

how the fuck did this guy become an admiral without talking to anyone?

Why talk when you can just sign people instead?

He never had problems making himself understood

Oberstein did nothing wrong

Because sometimes the best strategy really is to take the enemy head on.

>Bittenfeld was good because he represented a more "modern" style of CO instead of the Old Prussian/Napoleanic CO that the other characters were based off.

Bittenfeld was the equivalent of a crazy cavalry commander from Napoleonic Wars.

Just remember it could be worse. They could be literally adapting the new take on the manga.

They made Reinhard a loli?

I'm pretty sure at some point reality set in. Not to mention they saw that upstart Reinhard was actually an improvement for the Empire. Merkatz seemed like the guy clearly torn between loyalty to the Empire and being unable to pledge loyalty to its new emperor because of HOW he became one. Somehow, this translated into joining FPA.

Nigga where have you been?
youtube.com/watch?v=hpuyNgGHPZY

I've always wondered how Reich even survived before Reinhard took over and put competent people in charge. It seemed like it was nepotism and cronyism running rampant.

>being X sends Tanya to Space Germany

He didn't like the old empire but was unwilling to break his obligations to it.

>filename

I honestly thought that was exactly what was about to happen in that scene and I was torn between thinking it would be the stupidest thing ever and really wanting to see it happen.

Merkatz never had anything against Reinhard, it's just that he's too old for this shit.

>The new series should make the deposed heir to Goldenbaum be a cute loli that everyone in the FPA wants to protec.

You could also just watch Tytania. I have a feeling we'll be lucky if this re-imagining ends up being as good as that. Which is a low bar to set.

It had been stagnant for centuries and the only reason the FPA hadn't crushed it yet was because the banksters were still milking both sides by maintaining the balance of power. Did you somehow miss that entire subplot?

>I've always wondered how Reich even survived before Reinhard took over and put competent people in charge.

I suspect those few really competent old admirals/administrators who retired to get out of the new regime's way quietly handled most of the affairs.

You'd think her being a cute girl would balance it out but peace princess is the worst anime trope of all time

The same way the US survives, sheer inertia. The system was just too big for incompetent people to do enough damage to take it down, and you still had the occasional competent person to influence things.

>peace princess is the worst anime trope of all time

you're goddamn right

>had this bullshit really been pulled off nobody would have ever truly been loyal but a scant few to the empire
I don't get how he fucks up so bad this time around when he was a master at manipulation during the noble uprising