Death Note is unironically one of the best anime of all time despite it being entry level. Discuss

Death Note is unironically one of the best anime of all time despite it being entry level. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree user.
It's pretty good and deserves a lot of it's paise.

How much of it is anime-specific, and how much is just adapting a good manga ?
I only read the story, never watched it.

Great art is difficult to understand but easy to enjoy

It's very well made, the story is above average but far from outstanding. Overall it's good, but not "one of the best" unless you really stretch the meaning.

One of the most controversial anime out there

Yeah, it's great. The plot gets retarded after L dies, but the directing and visuals are solid all the way through. 8/10 for me.

Mostly agree, but the last few episodes were nowhere near as good as the L parts.

Entry level doesn't mean it can't be one of the best that a medium has to offer.

in what world is Death Note difficult to understand?

It's discussed because it's bad and needs logic patches all over, like some kind of hot Sup Forums topic. Go try to rewach it, it's revolting.

I'm rewatching it for the 5th time
It deserves all of its praise

>light should have one
>the series ended when L died
Any of these

Should've left out Misa and then ended with L dying but getting Light caught.

If the Author had ended it on L's death and his funeral it would have unironically been one of the mest Manga/Anime of all time.
But then he had to just ruin it because he didn't want Kira to win for some reason.

*won
Also good example

>the author ruined his work by refusing to let the mass murderer win
sugoi

The point of the series wasn't for Light to become God, it was to witness a battle of intellect. L dying isn't where their battle ended. L won in the end because everything that he theorized was concluded by Near. The narrative consistently portrayed L as one step ahead and the show ends with L winning because without everything L did, Light WOULD have won.
Not a hard series to understand lol

youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM
Everything here applies to Death Note. We are constantly told these characters are geniuses while they act completely stupid. We have what is supposedly a mystery show but no deductions are based on what we see. Everything is just an asspull and somehow the wildly out there deductions always turn out to be right. No regard is given to informational entropy. I was waiting throughout the whole runtime to be informed that there was some sort of telepathy in play we weren't informed about, but it never happened. Similarly to Sherlock, it lives and dies on its appeal to female audiences in that regard, though it also appeals to the typical shounen crowd for its wildly different plot structure to others of its target audience and publication.
Frankly, I can't imagine how it could even have been better. The Death Note is the perfect murder weapon and anyone mildly competent should be able to use it unscathed.

Explain how they are misunderstanding.

the second half is awful because of those dumb kids

Blame the editors and not the authors, since both authors wanted to end it after Ls death

There are most definitely some deductions between Light and L; did you watch it? Compared to most anime portrayals of geniuses the writers here tried to the best their own brains could take them.

Most who believe this have a complete misunderstanding of Death Note and it's themes, being that the story is inherently about Light and his inevitable destruction. Suggesting that Light should have won or the show should have ended when L died both completely disregard this.

>le mangaka wanted to end it at "X" point meme
fuck off

if a writer is forced to write his story unnaturally of course it's not going to be as good as the natural story in his mind...

Yeah. My point is it's actually too many deductions, but little information to infer them from. Said deductions are made within an impossibly large range of valid hypotheses and are always right for no reason at all. Of course, that is necessary when you have a perfect supernatural weapon in an otherwise materialistic world - you have to make absurd assumptions and break Occam's razor all the time to reach the conclusion you need to drive the plot forward -- which is why Death Note was doomed from its very premise.

their deductions aren't that far fetched in the first place though, it's quite possible for humans to be that perceptive and intelligent
it's just extremely rare and even rarer that they'd direct all of their intellect to solving mysteries like that

I can't speak for the others but my post doesn't contradict this. And the problem a lot of those people have is just that his destruction was done in a sloppy and cheap manner; I don't think that many people unironically wanted him to win. Also pretty sure the author's intended the series to end with L's death.

You mind giving some example of how the deductions and assumptions being right in the show are absurd? They seemed pretty straightforward to me, at least in the L portion of it. Light was an idiot after all.

Yes, his loss was pretty sloppy. Felt rushed or something. From what I remember, he only lost because Mikami fucked up. That was after years of not being caught.

First 11 episodes are the greatest in all of anime.

Then it goes to shit.

>The plot gets retarded after Misa is introduced

FTFY

>Everything here applies to Death Note.
I have listened to 30 minutes of this. It was half an hour of rambling that "Sherlock" is bad because it should be focusing on the episodic stories rather than the overarching battle between the MC and his nemesis. Not only is that podcast inapplicable to Death Note, it's directly incompatible with the main idea. Thanks for wasting my time.

Do you guys think that the ending makes up for the 2nd half?

Most of Sup Forums would disagree

>We are constantly told these characters are geniuses while they act completely stupid.
>Everything is just an asspull and somehow the wildly out there deductions always turn out to be right.
This is just pointless slander.
L and Light are two of the best portrayals of smart people in fiction.

Not only there is always (or almost always) a plausible reasoning behind how they decide to act and what they are able to deduce, the biggest reason L is able to pin down Light so fast is because he was not careful enough.

>The Death Note is the perfect murder weapon and anyone mildly competent should be able to use it unscathed.
It is, if you only plan on using it sparingly and making sure everyone thinks the people you kill are dying of natural causes. Light wanted to make damn sure everyone in the world knew he was executing evildoers: that makes it a bit harder to stay hidden rather than killing one person a week.

>Bakuman's last arc is literally the authors wanking at what they would have wanted to happen with Death Note

Really makes you wonder how many mangas WSJ fucked up through the years

Its pretty good, but there really was need to make live action film, by jewwood no less.

can you tell me what they said there ? Didn't watch Bakuman

If I remember correctly the conflict stems from the authors wanting to end their manga at the perfect point while the editorial department was asking them to extend it since they managed to get it produced into an anime.

At least in Bakuman, they managed to stick to their original idea of a perfect ending and convince the editorial department and the anime production to accept their idea instead of extending the story.